Mediacom

Mediacom Employer Reviews

Good working environment
Field Support Center Representative (Current Employee), 1 Mediacom Way, Mediacom Park NYJuly 13, 2014
Pretty good atmosphere, with friendly co-workers. Good communication with management throughout the day. All around good place to work.
I was a customer service representative and I enjoyed working there. I hated to move.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 10, 2014
My overall work experience was a pleasant one. I had my own cubicle and work space. It was also very laid back at times.
very serious do or die work place
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), chillicothe,ilJuly 9, 2014
Pros: located close to home
Cons: the job requirments, no good explanations for questions customers ask, ill trained, not competitive pricing or service and seniority n longer matters
This company shows no loyalty to its long standing employees, Aslo changes requirements almost daily not competitive and doesn't train emplyees properly to have answers for questions customer continuously ask. This job would work good for someone who is completely free and has no plans ever or any children. You get yelled at and managers supervisors – more... ect. expect you to clean up all other messes made by other employees. I love my co workers however you don't get to chat much as call volumn is contiuous. – less
Tier 2 Internet Support (Current Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 4, 2014
There is a really great tech culture that exists here in internet support. Everyone is friendly and generally sticks together. It has some of the usual incompetncies you normally find in a management team, but no worse than anywhere else, and in most instances, the management here is pretty awesome and friendly.
Fun call center to work at
Sales Routing Representative (Former Employee), Chillicothe ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: vacation days, insurance, fun atmosphere
A typical day would be answering approximately 300-400 calls a day and determining the appropriate department the customer needed to be transferred to for example sales, technical support, or customer service.
Call Center
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Chillicothe, ILJuly 1, 2014
This was a call center position within the company's retention department.
Fast paced with little incentive for the hours you work
Installer (Former Employee), Cloquet MNJune 30, 2014
Pros: ??????
Cons: lots
Start at 8 am go to office stay for meeting and supply pickup leave to do installs, trouble calls etc.. get in lunch if your lucky because you will end up working all day. management is alright but don't understand that system needs to be improved. Hardest part of the job is to work all day long with no breaks really and still only get paid 10/hour. – more... I did learn how to install cable and internet, while also learning how Mediacom's system works. – less
Awesome company to work for, they really care for their employees
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: traveled way too much
I learned more about myself and abilities with them as they gave me the latitude to reach as far as I wanted to and go beyond.
Great Company and Local Management; Temporary Position, and Lower pay compared to same position with other companies that are permanent.
Underground Cable Locate Technician (Former Employee), Cloquet, MNJune 26, 2014
Pros: company provides everything needed to perform job tasks effectively.
Cons: temporary position and lower pay in comparison.
Day to day the job was great. Supervisors were Fantastic and Supportive/ Helpful. Only problem is job was temporary and lower pay.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Waseca, MNJune 23, 2014
great place to work, managers are very easy to talk to. Work was quick and every day went by very fast, commision bonuses were a huge plus
Great management and coworkers
Contract Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAMay 24, 2014
-Positive and energetic environment
-Ability to work autonomously while also having plenty of interaction with department hiring managers
-High level of responsibility and trust was appreciated
its a job
System Technician (Current Employee), Gulf Shores, ALMay 13, 2014
lots of digging trenches in all kinds of weather. co-workers are funny.
Challenging and good place to work. Good employees
Technical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Thomasville, ALMay 7, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: micro management
Scheduled routing and work schedules for 12 employees
How to manage people
Co-workers were respectful and has team spirit
Micro Management
5 days per week off on weekends when all is well
Cutting edge digital services but supervisory staff lacking
Service Technician (Current Employee), Burlington, IAApril 22, 2014
Pros: company vehicle to drive home, and discounted services.
Cons: arrogant and harassing supervisor, and extreme weather conditions
Typical day consisted of repair of simple and complex service issues in homes and businesses.

Learned a new skill dealing with rf and digital frequencies

Management was very calm and easy to talk to direct supervisor was very difficult to deal with.

Many coworkers were great to work with and became great friends

Hardest part of the job was working – more... in the extreme weather conditions.

Most enjoyable part was meeting many different people. – less
Great co workers bad work conditions
Installer (Former Employee), Virginia, MNApril 18, 2014
Management was great but work conditions were poor at times. Had to work outside in all forms of weather and the company does not provide a complete set of warm clothing for those cold days. Also they do not provide rain gear and expect you to keep your tools in good condition.
awesome job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), fairhope alApril 18, 2014
• Managed a team of 12 Sales Rep with daily territorial and marketing strategies.
• Responsible for District Sales Reps turning in sales forms and money so that I can key in orders into the system on time for prompt installation.Also making sure the warehouse inventory was correct and up to date and material was readyfor the installers to put on their – more... truck for installation.
• Responsible for a excel spreadsheet of weekly sales as a district and individual weekly sales performance for each rep along with payroll
• Responsible for the training of new hire reps and reps with below average sales level. – less
Mediacom needs new management. They need to treat their employee with more respect.
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee), Benton, KYApril 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers who I am still friends with. However, at least I learned a valuable skill that I can take with me to a better career that will appreciate me for the valuable asset I will be to their company.
Good management and working conditions
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 3, 2014
A typical day consisted of selling and promoting Mediacom's products.
Well structured company
System Technician (Former Employee), Sun City,CAApril 2, 2014
Mediacom is a decent place to work.The structure they have on being accountable is excellent. The hard part here is the lack of employees, which means rotating on-call is every other week.
Fun enironment
Project Manager / Technical Writer (Former Employee), Middletown, NYApril 2, 2014
Mediacom, located in Middletown, NY, was a very friendly work environment. The company has grown significantly over the years, but still offered a free lunch to all employees and contractors EVERY Friday! That was a cool bonus! Although it's been said to be a superstition of the owner to continue to do this over the years since it's inception, it was – more... a nice thing to look forward to at the end of the week. People here are very friendly and run their projects the right way. – less

1 2 3