Mediacom Employee Reviews

Not exactly what i expected...
Tier 1 Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 7, 2016
upon gaining employment, i was excited, finally back to working a full time job, insurance, holiday pay, the norm. Well once the 10 weeks of training was over, reality sunk in. the Leads are just higher paid customer service workers, most of the Supervisors make excuses as to why they can't help you with BASIC needs... the Managers are poor excuses and wasted time to go to also. Nobody i know that currently works there wants to.
Pros
bathroom breaks, hour lunches
Cons
i wouldn't wish my enemy to work there.
Decisions
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2016
I liked the people I worked with and what I did. Decisions seemed to be hard for them to make and it took time to review; however this is not a bad trait, it was hard for me to make decision on what I wanted to do going forward with a career. They would not get back to you when they advised they would. I overall loved the position I was in and would have loved to become permanent instead of a temporary employee.
Pros
Enviroment Amazing
Cons
n/a
Ok place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waseca, mnSeptember 11, 2015
On the job training was very helpful. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was hearing how disappointed some customers would get in regards their service or lack there of.
Pros
commission on top of salary
Cons
poor management and large turnover
Help customers with concerns of services
IT Support (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 18, 2016
Inbound calls from customers having trouble with their internet, cable or phone service. Help customers with billing concerns also make sales providing customers newer service. Fast paced job with high volume of calls.
Pros
Voluntary overtime, lots of training, free food good benefits, lots of room to grow.
Cons
Mandatory over time, change of hours.
Typical Communications Company
Commercial Sales and Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 27, 2016
The company overall is a great place to work that gives a deep focus on its employees work/life balance. The CEO cares deeply about family and speaks of it every year during customer service appreciation week. As the company grows it does have some hiccups policy wise as things change on almost a daily basis but as a whole a pretty nifty place to work!
good place to work
CSSR (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 13, 2016
its a good place to work with having decent mangers and a fast work place. there is amazing benefits and great pay. the downside is that the customers you deal with are difficult, and if you don't do think in the parameters they specify you're pretty much done. To work here is ok but the turn around is high and there is a reason for that.
Pros
401k benefits
Cons
harsh customers
Great Commission, No manual labor, Thankless customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLApril 17, 2015
The best thing in the day, is when the sales calls start coming. I would say that the hardest thing is being stationary all day, unless there is something that needs a supervisors attention, there is no moving. Management is definitely on point at Mediacom, and they will do everything in their power to help you stay on and stay productive within the company. My co-workers and I have formed a kind of kinship incomparable to that of any other company I have been employed with.
Pros
Commission, Benefits, Free Cable
Cons
Sitting down all the time, Never gives the benefit of the doubt
A skilled working environment
Warehouse Stocker and Loader (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work included checks and getting things ready for the day.

I learned how to work with computers and diagnostics.

The people I worked with were motivational and supportive.

Nothing was very difficult about this job.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Calm environment and helpful employees
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAJuly 16, 2015
Answering calls, questions, and making orders for the technicians to come set up or fix any equipment was the majority of my day. The hardest part of my job was when people calling in were so unhappy but the most enjoyable part was when I could help get them on the right track to the issue being fixed, If not by fixing it myself.
Pros
Nice lunch break, staff was nice, good benefits
Cons
The upset people
MediaCom Summary
Social Listening Analyst (Current Employee) –  37th and 7th AveSeptember 1, 2016
Great place to get experience and competitive pay. Corporate culture did not meet expectations, difficult to be promoted within due to an extremely siloed work environment.
Pros
Pay, Analytics Experience
Cons
Culture, Location, Caliber of Clients
Very demanding and busy job
BROADBAND SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJune 28, 2016
Constant work job kept you busy not a lot down time a lot of overtime worked with customer some nice some not so nice but never batted an eye they where still customers and had to be treated with the total respect
Pros
Job kept you very busy
Cons
no lunches and pay raises could have been better
Can't go very far.
Broadband Technician II (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IASeptember 9, 2016
The owner is very greedy. He is afraid of working overtime, but he wants more work done. He will not give a higher rate of pay to those deserving.
Pros
It's nice to have a break between jobs.
Cons
Plumbing is never a nice job.
Fun Workplace with good people all around
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
The workplace is good with opportunity to learn if you are a beginner. However, the growth path is limited after a point.
Pros
Good work environment, nice people
Cons
Low packages
Great Benefits and work/life balance
Regional Digital Media Planner (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 19, 2016
Unlike allot of the other agencies I've been at, Mediacom has a pretty well-rounded work/life balance. I would just say that there could be a bit more fun added to the culture.
A day at the office
Broadband Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 15, 2016
Some days were fun an exciting, while others days made me mad an uncomfortable. Overall it was something different everyday.
csr
CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 27, 2016
ist Medicaid beneficiaries with scheduling transportation to and from medical appointments.
Contact medical facilities to verify appointments and authorize services. Interact with transportation dispatcher
to coordinate members trips by phone, email, and fax.
MediaCom is good
BroadBand Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 14, 2016
Hired on at Mediacom two months. Job is good but managment isnt the greatest. Companys main problem is that installers arent given enough power to successfully take care of jobs.
Pros
Knowledge of job
Cons
short or no breaks, too long of hours and
Excellant
CSSR (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 22, 2014
Excellent work experience for 4 1/2 years. Manangement was amazing in the beginning and dwindled toward the end. Co-workers were amazing, we worked hard, we were the company and had to represent it as such. I learned a lot about people, especially corporate and customer service. Its not the easiest job, but if you actually care about what you do and strive to do the best possible, you will succeed at anything. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others, when I could help a customer that had been having problems for a long time, and no one else seemed to do anything about it, just knowing that I cared made a difference to them.
Pros
advancement within the company, yearly raises, commision on sales, daily goals with games and winning prizes, christmas party with door prizes and bigger prizes throughout the night
Cons
unappreciated by corporate for all of the hard work and going beyond, sales mattered more than the customers, and the technical support and customer service representatives.
Good benefits and nice people
Senior Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2014
While Mediacom has a knack for finding very nice and qualified people, management is weak and not engaged. Leadership has very little connection with the day-to-day management of client issues.

The pay is decent and they have a formal annual employee evaluation process that theoretically helps guide employee career paths. Unfortunately, very few people take it seriously and employees can go years without a raise or any formal career mapping.
Pros
good pay, nice people, good proximity to transportation
Cons
little/no management engagement, poor career planning, open seating
the people I work with
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 14, 2014
I am a customer service rep. I am on the phone all day with all types of customers and I try to solve all their issues whatever it may be. I have learned that when the customer is upset it is not at me and i should put myself in their position and realize they just want it resolved. I really enjoy my work environment. Everyone management and fellow co workers are very friendly and willing to help with any issue. The hardest part of my job is when I dont know how to help the customer out.
Pros
you get a break every couple hours and the benefits.
Cons
i would like a set schedule. we have shift bids every 6 months

2.9