Mediacom

Mediacom United States Employee Reviews

Fast paced work
Installation Tech (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, MOApril 29, 2015
Good place to work overall. Its a fast paced job dealing with customer concerns and installation of cable, phone, and internet
Great Commission, No manual labor, Thankless customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: Commission, Benefits, Free Cable
Cons: Sitting down all the time, Never gives the benefit of the doubt
The best thing in the day, is when the sales calls start coming. I would say that the hardest thing is being stationary all day, unless there is something that needs a supervisors attention, there is no moving. Management is definitely on point at Mediacom, and they will do everything in their power to help you stay on and stay productive within the company. My co-workers and I have formed a kind of kinship incomparable to that of any other company I have been employed with.
Not a Bad place
Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILApril 6, 2015
Mediacom is not a bad place to work, The area i worked in just had poor management that did not care. Other than that mediacom is a great company to work for. Only one down fall
Retention Call Center
Retention Service Representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Cable Discount
Cons: HR takes weeks to process paperwork that should be done in days.
Inbound calls to offer customer loyalty promotions, disconnect services, billing explanations, selling additional services.
Productive in Sales.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Meeting New People.
Cons: Commission pay only.
A typical day at work would be going door to door trying to sell Cable, Internet, and phone. I learned how to sell cable with just talking to people. I got along with my managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting people to answer there doors. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different types of people and having weekly meetings.
great place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 21, 2015
I would still be here but a move to another state that doesn't have a call center I was not able to transfer, the customers are great I had the privilege of saving customers from a company and getting them into a nice program that will satisfy them in return of them keeping there buisness
do not expect much
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), iowaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: reduced services
Typical day is answering phones, dealing with trouble shooting, billing. you have supervisors on your case if you go over 15min on a call, need to tell someone when you have to go to the bathroom. Your breaks and lunches are done for you and you have to go when they say. Management is a JOKE!! None of them get along, they all complain about each other, most of the time they promote people that know nothing at all!! they are the biggest butt kissers. Open door policy..hahaha not so. if you complain they will tell their source. The reduced rate on services is nice but not worth the headache! Overtime every week. the highest turnover rate!!!
bad cable service very low signal
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Ridgecrest, CaMarch 16, 2015
I enjoyed my boss and staff . I learned a lot here about customer service and dealing with difficult people. the service was poor and lots of customer complaints and people refusing to pay and keep equipment so I had a lot of retrieving of equipment and over due charges to collect.
Fun place to work
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: bein able to teach new employees and shown appreciation.
I enjoyed helping customers with their cable and internet issues. I liked teaching new employees on how to use the different software used to help the customers.
rudimentary old school place
Local Broadcast Account Director (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
no room for innovation. little room to advance. upper management very absentee. big gaps between employee productivity
Promoted education and growth
Marketing Coordinator/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Clearlake Oaks, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Team work very important. Step out of the bubble. Be willing to help others even if its not your responsibility. I learned to how to work independently as well as team work. I was exposed to things I never thought I would get to do like getting into marketing and designing radio spots and advertising in magazines and newspapers. I had a wonderful experience and gained self confidence working there.
a day at work was fun most of the time
Regional Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IowaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: company car, lots of travel
Cons: did not like to travel to cr everyday, on call 24-7
great place to work, I just retired after 35 years with them. great team mates in HR
Great people company
Communications Planner - Print (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Perhaps because of their strong brands, this company is passionately driven and makes a great environment for its employees.
An interesting job hampered by micromanagement and upsetting work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hibbing, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: decent pay for where i was, nice benefits
Cons: micromanaged to death, angry customers, sitting in front of a computer 40 hours a week.
Mediacom is not a place for the easily broken. Sitting in an office can be nice, even relaxing, and I worked with some really enjoyable people. Working on a computer with people's accounts and taking payments wasn't really too hard, and the other data entry duties really weren't a hassle except on the busy days.

The main problems come from management. While I was there, every little thing you did had to be documented. A customer came in? What did he want? What services did he have? What services did you offer him? What services did he get? Why didn't he get certain services? And more! All information you would have to document for every customers, and I worked in a busy office, sometimes helping over 100 customers a day. Then, after you take down that information, compile it into a file for the day and send that file to your supervisor. Then compile those files every week and send them in with a written report. Then compile those files along with a report every month! And this is just one of a many things we were tracked on, and if you were even a little behind on anything, expect to explain why over and over again to a variety of people.

The other problem is dealing with customers. People hate their local cable company. And for every 5 nice customers you'll meet, you'll meet someone who clearly hates you. I've worked in retail, hospitality and other customer related services, and I've never encountered people quite this bad. Screaming, calling you names, throwing things at you, and always, ALWAYS telling you what a rip off you are and how they "never ordered that service" or asking "what the heck is that charge for? You're criminals." It really will test your patience, and there were so many days I went home just emotionally exhausted. If you can handle it, then more power too you, but I just couldn't take the excessive negativity.
Not that great of a place
Installer Tech (Former Employee), Westby, WIJanuary 6, 2015
The only thing that was wrong with this company was the lack of support that was received due to the remote location out from any of the main offices.
insanity
self (Current Employee), floridaDecember 27, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: no stability
A workplace that runs in circles daily. The staff are great people who are willing to learn and work together but are not given the opportunity. It's like working the trenches each day, we do what we can to survive. The industry is growing but the people who really matter, your front line people are being left behind. Changes must come soon, watching a department that once was the backbone crumble to mere nothing is so sad, but it's because the company no longer stands behind the ones that truly make the difference..... THE EMPLOYEES. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.
Great work atmosphere
Installer/Service Tech (Former Employee), Cordele, GADecember 27, 2014
Pros: company truck alway had the right tools
Cons: had to start work at eight am would prefered to work earlier.
Got my work via laptop of what customers needed installs or having trouble with their phone internet or cable. troubleshoot problems at customer premises to correct the issues. Installed cable outlets in the rooms as needed or replaced drop line from home to service pole. Made sure customer was satisfied before leaving each jobsite. When done early called other tech to help them get caught up on their work. If I had a chance I would go help another division to learn more about that particular type of job also. My co-worker would work as a team to get all the orders done for that day. Management always encouraged us to learn other positions also. There were really no hard parts of the job. The bets part was getting to work with little to no supervision so I would get to explore how to do my job my own way.
Decent work environment with a company gym & cafe
Field Support Center Representative (Current Employee), Chester, NYNovember 23, 2014
Pros: company gym, company holiday parties, cable reimbursement, lots of overtime
Cons: sitting at a desk for 8-10 hours
8-10 Hours of sitting & taking calls from cable techs & customer service reps & sometimes customers.

Learned about how a cable/telecommunication company works.

Management is very helpful & competent.

Co-workers are friendly & helpful especially those who have been with the company longer.

Hardest part is sitting at a desk all day.(not good for health)

Enjoy the use of the company gym, the cable reimbursement, company holiday parties, lots of overtime.
Great company
Corporate employee (Current Employee), Blooming Grove, NYNovember 20, 2014
Great company to work for. Good work/life balance. Friendly coworkers. Everyone works very hard and tries to take care of the customer.
Business Yet Free Like Environment
Assistant Print Media Analyst (Former Employee), 498 Seventh AveNovember 12, 2014
Pros: client lunches
Cons: not any….
A typical day at the job required me to answer the phone. Meet with the media buyers, planners and potential clients within the LVMH umbrella. Co workers were easy to get along with. Due to it being an advertising agency the work climate was full of energy however still business because it wasn't the creative aspect of advertising. The most enjoyable part was getting the opportunity to present to senior level executives ideas to further a product's features.

1 2 3 4