Mediacom

Mediacom Employee Reviews

Consumer Reports bottom of the list worst company
Just an Employee (Current Employee), In one of the reqionsJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Mediacoms commitment to non-major markets
Cons: Middle mangement that needs to be refreshed
The executive management in New York all seem capable and vested in the companies success. The management in the locations around the country are sadly to say the crux of the embarrassment. Those that have been with the company or merged into after years of affiliation operate with a warped paradigm. Rocco is a terrific CEO, although he seems to be filtered out of the day to day circumstances that his middle management, senior supervisors and team supervisors, are sabotaging his investment.

A recommendation would be to have all of these people get on the phones, at the front counters, going to customers homes for 30 days of reality training and realization. Get them back to the basics of just who Mediacom's customers are and what is need day to day to get the satisfaction issues off the bottom of the charts.
INSTALL AND PICKING UP MATERIALS
Technician (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 23, 2015
INSTALL CABLE IF NEED. PICK UP OLD CABLE BOX, IF THEIR WHERE ANY TO BE PICK UP. RESPONE TO EVER CUSTOMER PROBLEM THEY MAY COME ACROSS WITH THEIR CABLE BOXS AN ETC....
Calm environment and helpful employees
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Red Oak, IAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Nice lunch break, staff was nice, good benefits
Cons: The upset people
Answering calls, questions, and making orders for the technicians to come set up or fix any equipment was the majority of my day. The hardest part of my job was when people calling in were so unhappy but the most enjoyable part was when I could help get them on the right track to the issue being fixed, If not by fixing it myself.
Sucks
Service Technician (Former Employee), Geneseo, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: sucks
Cons: EVERYTHING
• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options , sales campaigns and promotions.
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converts; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
Great crew, passionate to succeed, laid back crew.
Freelance Camera Operator (Current Employee), IllinoisJuly 15, 2015
Travel to event of the day, then set up camera and audio equipment. Film entire event. Once event is completed, tear down and clean up.
Service Techmician
Service Technician (Current Employee), Livingston,ALJuly 14, 2015
Job requires: Install and service cable,internet, and phone service, also disconnect when customers fail to pay. Mostly pole climbing and meeting new people.
Oracle Dba
Oracle DBA (Consultant) (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Being able to work from home
Cons: Non technical Management
ok company to work for the co-workers are pleasant to work with nice work areas.I enjoy working with the people there most of them are professionals and good to work with and office help if they can
Work is rewarding
Demand Maintenance (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Get to take the truck home daily.
Cons: Micromanagement
The work itself is great. You learn a great deal on how to troubleshoot not only the cable system but everyday things in general. This job has taught me how to look outside of the box when it comes to finding and fixing problems.
No room for advancement with long hours
Service Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Get to take company vehicle home, discounted cable bill
Cons: Not enough time to do each job thoroughly, equipment shortages
I'm the senior service technician at Mediacom. A typical day consists of 12-13 service calls within a 10 hour day. The pay is not the greatest, and equipment shortages hinder your ability to provide good customer service.
Okay place to work . Benefits not as good as other employers in area.
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: I was able to lead a team to success.
Cons: Employee turnover
Supervised agents in call center fulfilling request for cable/ internet and phone service. Daily activity included , QA , training , disciplinary action, Interviewing potential new hires. Intercepted and resolved customer service and billing issues.
loved the work but management was a joke and you have no life besides cable tv
system technician (Former Employee), Preston, MNMay 27, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: upper and middle management with a lack of personal service.
I worked for media companies for nearly ten years. Worked my way up from an installer to a tech ops supervisory position. All I can say is that bigger is not always better. Upper management was a distant joke. With a new York attitude while trying to run small town systems. They really have no idea what small town subscribers demand. They need to find good people, pay them well and do whatever it takes to keep them. In my ten years I watched over 30 technicians get hired and then terminate employment. That says very little about any company. And people to them are just a number. To bad because the work and technical aspects of this field still interest me today.
Dispatching
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Chillicothe, ILMay 26, 2015
Pros: sometimes free gifts
Cons: healthcare expensive
Sit all day and answer calls from techs. Fix the issues they are having with equipment. However they decided to cut most dispatch offices and the Chillicothe office was one to be cut.
Worst company
Installer Tech (Current Employee), Moline, ILMay 13, 2015
This is the worst company to work for. There is no real management and they only care about one thing there. You get over worked, under paid and expect more out of you than is humanly possible.
Life at mediacom
Telemarketing Sales Rep (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAMay 7, 2015
My typical day at work consists on multiple inbound calls from tech door to door sells men and customers setting up orders. Ive learned patience and understanding at this job. management could be better but i wouldn't complain, my co workers are amazing i love all of them, the hardest part of my job is working late. the most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers and my inbound calls.
Fast paced work
Installation Tech (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, MOApril 29, 2015
Good place to work overall. Its a fast paced job dealing with customer concerns and installation of cable, phone, and internet
Great Commission, No manual labor, Thankless customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: Commission, Benefits, Free Cable
Cons: Sitting down all the time, Never gives the benefit of the doubt
The best thing in the day, is when the sales calls start coming. I would say that the hardest thing is being stationary all day, unless there is something that needs a supervisors attention, there is no moving. Management is definitely on point at Mediacom, and they will do everything in their power to help you stay on and stay productive within the company. My co-workers and I have formed a kind of kinship incomparable to that of any other company I have been employed with.
Not a Bad place
Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILApril 6, 2015
Mediacom is not a bad place to work, The area i worked in just had poor management that did not care. Other than that mediacom is a great company to work for. Only one down fall
Retention Call Center
Retention Service Representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Cable Discount
Cons: HR takes weeks to process paperwork that should be done in days.
Inbound calls to offer customer loyalty promotions, disconnect services, billing explanations, selling additional services.
Productive in Sales.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Meeting New People.
Cons: Commission pay only.
A typical day at work would be going door to door trying to sell Cable, Internet, and phone. I learned how to sell cable with just talking to people. I got along with my managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting people to answer there doors. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different types of people and having weekly meetings.
great place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 21, 2015
I would still be here but a move to another state that doesn't have a call center I was not able to transfer, the customers are great I had the privilege of saving customers from a company and getting them into a nice program that will satisfy them in return of them keeping there buisness

1 2 3 4 5