Mediacom

Mediacom Employer Reviews

Mediacom needs new management. They need to treat their employee with more respect.
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee), Benton, KYApril 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers who I am still friends with. However, at least I learned a valuable skill that I can take with me to a better career that will appreciate me for the valuable asset I will be to their company.
Good management and working conditions
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 3, 2014
A typical day consisted of selling and promoting Mediacom's products.
Well structured company
System Technician (Former Employee), Sun City,CAApril 2, 2014
Mediacom is a decent place to work.The structure they have on being accountable is excellent. The hard part here is the lack of employees, which means rotating on-call is every other week.
Fun enironment
Project Manager / Technical Writer (Former Employee), Middletown, NYApril 2, 2014
Mediacom, located in Middletown, NY, was a very friendly work environment. The company has grown significantly over the years, but still offered a free lunch to all employees and contractors EVERY Friday! That was a cool bonus! Although it's been said to be a superstition of the owner to continue to do this over the years since it's inception, it was – more... a nice thing to look forward to at the end of the week. People here are very friendly and run their projects the right way. – less
Fun job to do with people that I like.
System Technician (Current Employee), Virginia, MNMarch 30, 2014
Pros: i like my position and the people i work with.
Cons: the pay could be better.
I moved up relatively quickly into the position that I am in currently. I also enjoy the work that I do. My direct supervisor is efficient, and we all communicate quite well.
No longer employed there
Customer Service and Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), 115 N Industrial Park, Ex Sprgs Mo 64024March 25, 2014
Dispatching technicians, customer service supervisor, Answering incoming calls, problem solving, worked with great employees. Long hours and not enough pay. Not compensated for travel time.
Young professionals are all nice, the decisions by managment makes it hard to be motivated
National Broadcast Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2014
Pros: young and vibrant environment
Cons: underpaid, overworked.
Pretty much, in comparison to other agencies you are underpaid, overworked, and management gives off the idea that they don't care about anybody except themselves. While I dont know the prices they are paying for company outings etc, it makes me think they should spend less on that and more on paying their employees properly. It's comical to think that – more... their tagline is "People First, Better Results". – less
No advancement and lack of management
Revenue Asset Recovery Agent (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAMarch 7, 2014
To many chiefs and not enough Indians!
Could not advance after 4&1/2 years.
could not find a manager when needed. would change company policy but not inform employees.
fantastic place to work
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), Chillicothe, ILMarch 1, 2014
Pros: great money and great coworkers
Cons: they dont re-hire
I miss the money and the atmosphere. The hours were great. They really are strict with attendance and meeting sales goals. I miss the nights when we would work till midnight.
good intentions with in the company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Charleston, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: work your on hrs from home
Cons: lack of communication inside companym
this company would be great if the turn around wasnt so high and the higher ups was involved more
Productive and Fun place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee), Waterloo, IowaFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: support, fun, schedule, boss
Cons: training and development
Enjoy my team and my boss; couldn't ask for better work environment.
Review
Installer Technician (Former Employee), Milton, FLJanuary 28, 2014
This was an installer / technician position. I crawled under trailers, worked in the elements and in unsanitary conditions.
Very fun place to work and great atmosphere.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chillicothe, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: awesome incentives and great pay.
I learned everything I know from Mediacom from telemarketing to sales and customer service.
Not a great place to work...
Installer/Service Technician (Current Employee), Rather not sayJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: company vehicle/tools, discounted cable services.
Cons: high stress, dangerous, mandatory overtime, awful pay.
I will start with the good. They have a great training program. They teach you what you need to know to perform the tasks at hand. The benefits are decent. You get discounted cable services, insurance benefits are a bit pricey, and you are issued a company vehicle and tools that you can take home with you. This is where the good ends.

They put an impossible – more... work load on you every day. When hired, they tell you that its an 8-5 M-F job (40 hours per week). They assign you 14 hours of work each day (on average). They force you to work overtime constantly. They call mandatory work days on the weekends, and give you 3 days notice. They don't tell you about HR forms you have to fill out for your spouse's insurance and when you don't fill it out you get docked $125 per paycheck.

During training they tell you that you are not required to go into attics or in crawl spaces but in the field, they say "You have to get the job done." I've had to go into houses with black mold, animal feces everywhere, etc. It is a risk to personal health and safety.

It is VERY high stress, and dangerous. They compensation is beyond awful and you only get one raise per year, and its barely a raise (average of 9 cents). They do let you take up to 2 Jones/NCTI courses per year and get 25 cents per course raise. So, on a yearly basis, expect to only be raised 59 cents and that is only if YOU take the initiative to complete the two NCTI courses.

Management is sketchy where I work. I hope it isn't like this everywhere. Our supervisor quit, and it took them 6+ months to get a new one. In that time, we were managed by an area manager that had serious anger issues. He also praises you to your face, and talks serious trash about you behind your back. He refers to employees that have left as cancer, but when they're here praise them as "one of the best techs we have." – less
Productive, challenging, and intense work environment.
Customer Service/Corporate Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day would consist of taking calls from customers. My specific job was corporate escalation reps, so I mainly dealt with unsatisfied customers. I learned here to be patient and listen to what the customer wants and needs. I also learned to compromise also. Management play a significant role in better my work environment and making sure to expedite – more... the customer needs. I enjoyed working w/ my co-workers. They made the job entertaining and challenging. The lend a hand when they were able to do so. The hardest part of the job was losing a customer to another competitor. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I succeeded the customer's expectations and met their needs. – less
Very enjoyable and flexible work place.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: too many sales reps saturated the market and made it really competitive.
Typical day was to go out on the field and close deals to prospective cable clients. Learned a lot about the telecommunication industry and the products.
Productive administrative enviroment
Mailroom Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Monroe, N.Y.January 16, 2014
Pros: great managers
Cons: n/a
Great Place to work for...management is great and the people are great to work with..
Demanding Call Center
Technical Representative (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, pizza when call volume is high
Cons: lots of rules! too many! lol!
A typical day at work at Mediacom is musical chairs ie, find a computer that works, log in, let computer finish the login process, then Check In on the Time Clock on time if your computer worked correctly.

The job is easy or hard dependent on who your team leader is.
it can be very enjoyable with a good team lead and miserable with a bad one.
Fast pace and upbeat environment
Telephone Activation Specialist (Current Employee), Chillicothe, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: interaction and social building skills
Cons: time taken from vacation when having to call out
A typical day at work consist of answering telephone calls and assisting customers who are having trouble with thier phone services or setting up thier services in general.
The management treats everyone with respect and are always there to help, no matter what.
My co-workers are upbeat and are full of character. All of them are unique in some special – more... way.
The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping a cool head whenever encountering a rude customer, but as long as you stay focused and remember that if you are in trouble your supervisors are there to help, then everything will be alright.
The most enjoyable part about my job is the interaction with the customers, co-workers and management. We all try to make the work atmosphere an enjoyable one. – less
Customer service assotiate
Internet Tech Support (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: you get to work with people and solved the issue that they had.
Cons: every know and then you get a uptight customer on the phone.
Mediacom was a challenge for me. I learned computers on my own but I had to help people solve their internet issues and it felt good when I was able to help them out. They took real good care of their employees.

1 2 3 4 5