Mediacom Employee Reviews in United States

Decisions
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2016
I liked the people I worked with and what I did. Decisions seemed to be hard for them to make and it took time to review; however this is not a bad trait, it was hard for me to make decision on what I wanted to do going forward with a career. They would not get back to you when they advised they would. I overall loved the position I was in and would have loved to become permanent instead of a temporary employee.
Pros
Enviroment Amazing
Cons
n/a
Typical Communications Company
Commercial Sales and Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 27, 2016
The company overall is a great place to work that gives a deep focus on its employees work/life balance. The CEO cares deeply about family and speaks of it every year during customer service appreciation week. As the company grows it does have some hiccups policy wise as things change on almost a daily basis but as a whole a pretty nifty place to work!
Very demanding and busy job
BROADBAND SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJune 28, 2016
Constant work job kept you busy not a lot down time a lot of overtime worked with customer some nice some not so nice but never batted an eye they where still customers and had to be treated with the total respect
Pros
Job kept you very busy
Cons
no lunches and pay raises could have been better
A skilled working environment
Warehouse Stocker and Loader (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work included checks and getting things ready for the day.

I learned how to work with computers and diagnostics.

The people I worked with were motivational and supportive.

Nothing was very difficult about this job.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.
csr
CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 27, 2016
ist Medicaid beneficiaries with scheduling transportation to and from medical appointments.
Contact medical facilities to verify appointments and authorize services. Interact with transportation dispatcher
to coordinate members trips by phone, email, and fax.
MediaCom is good
BroadBand Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 14, 2016
Hired on at Mediacom two months. Job is good but managment isnt the greatest. Companys main problem is that installers arent given enough power to successfully take care of jobs.
Pros
Knowledge of job
Cons
short or no breaks, too long of hours and
Great Benefits and work/life balance
Regional Digital Media Planner (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 19, 2016
Unlike allot of the other agencies I've been at, Mediacom has a pretty well-rounded work/life balance. I would just say that there could be a bit more fun added to the culture.
No nonsense and data driven approach to sales.
Commercial Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen MNAugust 25, 2015
To sell you need fresh and appropriate information to properly manage your markets.

Getting sales data and market penetration metrics to those that need them as they need them has cultivated a challenging and exciting work environment.

Many solutions required out of the box thinking and on the fly research to learn new and creative ways to find the answers that are so urgently needed.
Pros
Freedom from micro managing
Cons
Pay caps
Ok place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waseca, mnSeptember 11, 2015
On the job training was very helpful. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was hearing how disappointed some customers would get in regards their service or lack there of.
Pros
commission on top of salary
Cons
poor management and large turnover
Calm environment and helpful employees
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAJuly 16, 2015
Answering calls, questions, and making orders for the technicians to come set up or fix any equipment was the majority of my day. The hardest part of my job was when people calling in were so unhappy but the most enjoyable part was when I could help get them on the right track to the issue being fixed, If not by fixing it myself.
Pros
Nice lunch break, staff was nice, good benefits
Cons
The upset people
Mediacom has great insurance and benefits
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Le Roy Il.August 10, 2015
I like Mediacom but we a lot of hours and do not see family that much.i like the staff I work for.The best part of this job if I wanting to build a house I can how other family live and what they have to offer.I get along very well with my co-workers.
Pros
I Drive A Company Truck
Cons
Work Alot Do Not See Family That Much
Consumer Reports bottom of the list worst company
Just an Employee (Current Employee) –  In one of the reqionsJuly 31, 2015
The executive management in New York all seem capable and vested in the companies success. The management in the locations around the country are sadly to say the crux of the embarrassment. Those that have been with the company or merged into after years of affiliation operate with a warped paradigm. Rocco is a terrific CEO, although he seems to be filtered out of the day to day circumstances that his middle management, senior supervisors and team supervisors, are sabotaging his investment.

A recommendation would be to have all of these people get on the phones, at the front counters, going to customers homes for 30 days of reality training and realization. Get them back to the basics of just who Mediacom's customers are and what is need day to day to get the satisfaction issues off the bottom of the charts.
Pros
Mediacoms commitment to non-major markets
Cons
Middle mangement that needs to be refreshed
No room for advancement with long hours
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 12, 2015
I'm the senior service technician at Mediacom. A typical day consists of 12-13 service calls within a 10 hour day. The pay is not the greatest, and equipment shortages hinder your ability to provide good customer service.
Pros
Get to take company vehicle home, discounted cable bill
Cons
Not enough time to do each job thoroughly, equipment shortages
Not a pleasant place to work
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 6, 2015
The work was manageable, the training for the job was very good but the supervision is terrible. When in need of advice, assistance, or answers to questions there was no one there to assist.
Pros
Cable discount
Cons
hours weekends and the stress
loved the work but management was a joke and you have no life besides cable tv
system technician (Former Employee) –  Preston, MNMay 27, 2015
I worked for media companies for nearly ten years. Worked my way up from an installer to a tech ops supervisory position. All I can say is that bigger is not always better. Upper management was a distant joke. With a new York attitude while trying to run small town systems. They really have no idea what small town subscribers demand. They need to find good people, pay them well and do whatever it takes to keep them. In my ten years I watched over 30 technicians get hired and then terminate employment. That says very little about any company. And people to them are just a number. To bad because the work and technical aspects of this field still interest me today.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
upper and middle management with a lack of personal service.
Okay place to work . Benefits not as good as other employers in area.
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJune 1, 2015
Supervised agents in call center fulfilling request for cable/ internet and phone service. Daily activity included , QA , training , disciplinary action, Interviewing potential new hires. Intercepted and resolved customer service and billing issues.
Pros
I was able to lead a team to success.
Cons
Employee turnover
Productive and fun working place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 6, 2015
Having to compete with other providers with the same product and services.

Love the company product that I sell because I know that they have the best High Speed Internet.
Pros
Meeting my weekly goals
Cons
Competetions
Work is rewarding
Demand Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 1, 2015
The work itself is great. You learn a great deal on how to troubleshoot not only the cable system but everyday things in general. This job has taught me how to look outside of the box when it comes to finding and fixing problems.
Pros
Get to take the truck home daily.
Cons
Micromanagement
Life at mediacom
Telemarketing Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 7, 2015
My typical day at work consists on multiple inbound calls from tech door to door sells men and customers setting up orders. Ive learned patience and understanding at this job. management could be better but i wouldn't complain, my co workers are amazing i love all of them, the hardest part of my job is working late. the most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers and my inbound calls.
Great Commission, No manual labor, Thankless customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLApril 17, 2015
The best thing in the day, is when the sales calls start coming. I would say that the hardest thing is being stationary all day, unless there is something that needs a supervisors attention, there is no moving. Management is definitely on point at Mediacom, and they will do everything in their power to help you stay on and stay productive within the company. My co-workers and I have formed a kind of kinship incomparable to that of any other company I have been employed with.
Pros
Commission, Benefits, Free Cable
Cons
Sitting down all the time, Never gives the benefit of the doubt

2.9