• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options , sales campaigns and promotions.
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converts; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.