Mediacom Employee Reviews in United States

csr
CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 27, 2016
ist Medicaid beneficiaries with scheduling transportation to and from medical appointments.
Contact medical facilities to verify appointments and authorize services. Interact with transportation dispatcher
to coordinate members trips by phone, email, and fax.
MediaCom is good
BroadBand Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 14, 2016
Hired on at Mediacom two months. Job is good but managment isnt the greatest. Companys main problem is that installers arent given enough power to successfully take care of jobs.
Pros
Knowledge of job
Cons
short or no breaks, too long of hours and
Ok place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waseca, mnSeptember 11, 2015
On the job training was very helpful. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was hearing how disappointed some customers would get in regards their service or lack there of.
Pros
commission on top of salary
Cons
poor management and large turnover
No nonsense and data driven approach to sales.
Commercial Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen MNAugust 25, 2015
To sell you need fresh and appropriate information to properly manage your markets.

Getting sales data and market penetration metrics to those that need them as they need them has cultivated a challenging and exciting work environment.

Many solutions required out of the box thinking and on the fly research to learn new and creative ways to find the answers that are so urgently needed.
Pros
Freedom from micro managing
Cons
Pay caps
Good overtime
Installer/Service tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2015
Good overtime was able to work with customers, Working outside and inside able to drive around town. Any training was avail at all times
Pros
overtime working with others
Cons
Mediacom has great insurance and benefits
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Le Roy Il.August 10, 2015
I like Mediacom but we a lot of hours and do not see family that much.i like the staff I work for.The best part of this job if I wanting to build a house I can how other family live and what they have to offer.I get along very well with my co-workers.
Pros
I Drive A Company Truck
Cons
Work Alot Do Not See Family That Much
Productive and fun working place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 6, 2015
Having to compete with other providers with the same product and services.

Love the company product that I sell because I know that they have the best High Speed Internet.
Pros
Meeting my weekly goals
Cons
Competetions
Not a pleasant place to work
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 6, 2015
The work was manageable, the training for the job was very good but the supervision is terrible. When in need of advice, assistance, or answers to questions there was no one there to assist.
Pros
Cable discount
Cons
hours weekends and the stress
Consumer Reports bottom of the list worst company
Just an Employee (Current Employee) –  In one of the reqionsJuly 31, 2015
The executive management in New York all seem capable and vested in the companies success. The management in the locations around the country are sadly to say the crux of the embarrassment. Those that have been with the company or merged into after years of affiliation operate with a warped paradigm. Rocco is a terrific CEO, although he seems to be filtered out of the day to day circumstances that his middle management, senior supervisors and team supervisors, are sabotaging his investment.

A recommendation would be to have all of these people get on the phones, at the front counters, going to customers homes for 30 days of reality training and realization. Get them back to the basics of just who Mediacom's customers are and what is need day to day to get the satisfaction issues off the bottom of the charts.
Pros
Mediacoms commitment to non-major markets
Cons
Middle mangement that needs to be refreshed
Install and picking up materials
Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 23, 2015
Install cable if need. Pick up old cable box, if their where any to be pick up. Respone to ever customer problem they may come across with their cable boxs an etc....

Want to know more about Mediacom?

Ask a question
Calm environment and helpful employees
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAJuly 16, 2015
Answering calls, questions, and making orders for the technicians to come set up or fix any equipment was the majority of my day. The hardest part of my job was when people calling in were so unhappy but the most enjoyable part was when I could help get them on the right track to the issue being fixed, If not by fixing it myself.
Pros
Nice lunch break, staff was nice, good benefits
Cons
The upset people
Sucks
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, ILJuly 15, 2015
• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options , sales campaigns and promotions.
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converts; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance
  more... of job duties; uses bucket truck.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
Pros
sucks
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great crew, passionate to succeed, laid back crew.
Freelance Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 15, 2015
Travel to event of the day, then set up camera and audio equipment. Film entire event. Once event is completed, tear down and clean up.
Service Techmician
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Livingston,ALJuly 14, 2015
Job requires: Install and service cable,internet, and phone service, also disconnect when customers fail to pay. Mostly pole climbing and meeting new people.
Oracle Dba
Oracle DBA (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 11, 2015
ok company to work for the co-workers are pleasant to work with nice work areas.I enjoy working with the people there most of them are professionals and good to work with and office help if they can
Pros
Being able to work from home
Cons
Non technical Management
Work is rewarding
Demand Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 1, 2015
The work itself is great. You learn a great deal on how to troubleshoot not only the cable system but everyday things in general. This job has taught me how to look outside of the box when it comes to finding and fixing problems.
Pros
Get to take the truck home daily.
Cons
Micromanagement
No room for advancement with long hours
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 12, 2015
I'm the senior service technician at Mediacom. A typical day consists of 12-13 service calls within a 10 hour day. The pay is not the greatest, and equipment shortages hinder your ability to provide good customer service.
Pros
Get to take company vehicle home, discounted cable bill
Cons
Not enough time to do each job thoroughly, equipment shortages
Okay place to work . Benefits not as good as other employers in area.
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJune 1, 2015
Supervised agents in call center fulfilling request for cable/ internet and phone service. Daily activity included , QA , training , disciplinary action, Interviewing potential new hires. Intercepted and resolved customer service and billing issues.
Pros
I was able to lead a team to success.
Cons
Employee turnover
loved the work but management was a joke and you have no life besides cable tv
system technician (Former Employee) –  Preston, MNMay 27, 2015
I worked for media companies for nearly ten years. Worked my way up from an installer to a tech ops supervisory position. All I can say is that bigger is not always better. Upper management was a distant joke. With a new York attitude while trying to run small town systems. They really have no idea what small town subscribers demand. They need to find good people, pay them well and do whatever it takes to keep them. In my ten years I watched over 30 technicians get hired and then terminate employment. That says very little about any company. And people to them are just a number. To bad because the work and technical aspects of this field still interest me today.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
upper and middle management with a lack of personal service.
Dispatching
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMay 26, 2015
Sit all day and answer calls from techs. Fix the issues they are having with equipment. However they decided to cut most dispatch offices and the Chillicothe office was one to be cut.
Pros
sometimes free gifts
Cons
healthcare expensive