Mediacom Employee Reviews

Help customers with concerns of services
IT Support (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 18, 2016
Inbound calls from customers having trouble with their internet, cable or phone service. Help customers with billing concerns also make sales providing customers newer service. Fast paced job with high volume of calls.
Pros
Voluntary overtime, lots of training, free food good benefits, lots of room to grow.
Cons
Mandatory over time, change of hours.
A day at the office
Broadband Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 15, 2016
Some days were fun an exciting, while others days made me mad an uncomfortable. Overall it was something different everyday.
good place to work
CSSR (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 13, 2016
its a good place to work with having decent mangers and a fast work place. there is amazing benefits and great pay. the downside is that the customers you deal with are difficult, and if you don't do think in the parameters they specify you're pretty much done. To work here is ok but the turn around is high and there is a reason for that.
Pros
401k benefits
Cons
harsh customers
Can't go very far.
Broadband Technician II (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IASeptember 9, 2016
The owner is very greedy. He is afraid of working overtime, but he wants more work done. He will not give a higher rate of pay to those deserving.
Pros
It's nice to have a break between jobs.
Cons
Plumbing is never a nice job.
Fun Workplace with good people all around
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
The workplace is good with opportunity to learn if you are a beginner. However, the growth path is limited after a point.
Pros
Good work environment, nice people
Cons
Low packages
Not exactly what i expected...
Tier 1 Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 7, 2016
upon gaining employment, i was excited, finally back to working a full time job, insurance, holiday pay, the norm. Well once the 10 weeks of training was over, reality sunk in. the Leads are just higher paid customer service workers, most of the Supervisors make excuses as to why they can't help you with BASIC needs... the Managers are poor excuses and wasted time to go to also. Nobody i know that currently works there wants to.
Pros
bathroom breaks, hour lunches
Cons
i wouldn't wish my enemy to work there.
MediaCom Summary
Social Listening Analyst (Current Employee) –  37th and 7th AveSeptember 1, 2016
Great place to get experience and competitive pay. Corporate culture did not meet expectations, difficult to be promoted within due to an extremely siloed work environment.
Pros
Pay, Analytics Experience
Cons
Culture, Location, Caliber of Clients
Decisions
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2016
I liked the people I worked with and what I did. Decisions seemed to be hard for them to make and it took time to review; however this is not a bad trait, it was hard for me to make decision on what I wanted to do going forward with a career. They would not get back to you when they advised they would. I overall loved the position I was in and would have loved to become permanent instead of a temporary employee.
Pros
Enviroment Amazing
Cons
n/a
A skilled working environment
Warehouse Stocker and Loader (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work included checks and getting things ready for the day.

I learned how to work with computers and diagnostics.

The people I worked with were motivational and supportive.

Nothing was very difficult about this job.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Very demanding and busy job
BROADBAND SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJune 28, 2016
Constant work job kept you busy not a lot down time a lot of overtime worked with customer some nice some not so nice but never batted an eye they where still customers and had to be treated with the total respect
Pros
Job kept you very busy
Cons
no lunches and pay raises could have been better
Typical Communications Company
Commercial Sales and Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 27, 2016
The company overall is a great place to work that gives a deep focus on its employees work/life balance. The CEO cares deeply about family and speaks of it every year during customer service appreciation week. As the company grows it does have some hiccups policy wise as things change on almost a daily basis but as a whole a pretty nifty place to work!
Great Benefits and work/life balance
Regional Digital Media Planner (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 19, 2016
Unlike allot of the other agencies I've been at, Mediacom has a pretty well-rounded work/life balance. I would just say that there could be a bit more fun added to the culture.
csr
CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 27, 2016
ist Medicaid beneficiaries with scheduling transportation to and from medical appointments.
Contact medical facilities to verify appointments and authorize services. Interact with transportation dispatcher
to coordinate members trips by phone, email, and fax.
MediaCom is good
BroadBand Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 14, 2016
Hired on at Mediacom two months. Job is good but managment isnt the greatest. Companys main problem is that installers arent given enough power to successfully take care of jobs.
Pros
Knowledge of job
Cons
short or no breaks, too long of hours and
Ok place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waseca, mnSeptember 11, 2015
On the job training was very helpful. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was hearing how disappointed some customers would get in regards their service or lack there of.
Pros
commission on top of salary
Cons
poor management and large turnover
No nonsense and data driven approach to sales.
Commercial Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen MNAugust 25, 2015
To sell you need fresh and appropriate information to properly manage your markets.

Getting sales data and market penetration metrics to those that need them as they need them has cultivated a challenging and exciting work environment.

Many solutions required out of the box thinking and on the fly research to learn new and creative ways to find the answers that are so urgently needed.
Pros
Freedom from micro managing
Cons
Pay caps
Good overtime
Installer/Service tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2015
Good overtime was able to work with customers, Working outside and inside able to drive around town. Any training was avail at all times
Pros
overtime working with others
Cons
Mediacom has great insurance and benefits
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Le Roy Il.August 10, 2015
I like Mediacom but we a lot of hours and do not see family that much.i like the staff I work for.The best part of this job if I wanting to build a house I can how other family live and what they have to offer.I get along very well with my co-workers.
Pros
I Drive A Company Truck
Cons
Work Alot Do Not See Family That Much
Productive and fun working place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 6, 2015
Having to compete with other providers with the same product and services.

Love the company product that I sell because I know that they have the best High Speed Internet.
Pros
Meeting my weekly goals
Cons
Competetions
Not a pleasant place to work
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 6, 2015
The work was manageable, the training for the job was very good but the supervision is terrible. When in need of advice, assistance, or answers to questions there was no one there to assist.
Pros
Cable discount
Cons
hours weekends and the stress

2.9