Mediacom Employee Reviews

Mediacom
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILDecember 2, 2016
11-8pm is what I work Mon-Fri. If I have any sales forms to scan and fax to Moline Il I will begin my day with those procedures. If I had no sales the following day I'll start in the field knocking doors at 11:30 am. I knock 60 plus doors a day soliciting mediacom services to potential future patrons. I sell anything from home security, cable, internet, to phone services. I'm the only dsr in my area my coworkers and management are all located in Moline IL, which is the hardest part of my job due to it being only me working in Chillicothe IL.
Pros
If I sell I make good money.
Cons
If I don't sell the money isn't there.
Good, Hard work
Broadband specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILNovember 24, 2016
It is a great place to so long as you don't mind long hours and being outside during the winter. Co-works and their stories really make this place memorable to me.
Family oriented work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work would include taking payments, reviewing billing information, and providing exceptional levels of customer service.
Pros
overtime availability, employee appreciation, job benefits
Cons
no part-time hours
High Pressure and Impossible Dead Lines
Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 1, 2016
My review is as follows: Over all Mediacom is not a very Stable place to work UNLESS you are a single man or woman that can commit around 90% of your time to the Industry and the Position , This Company is WAY to Hung up on Getting things done quickly but not with Proper Integrity / all about Quantity and Not Quality. I had the least amount of REPEAT TROIBLE CALLS than any other tech. and was still laid off because of numbers on a spread sheet , I do Not Reccomend this Company Unless you are Single
Pros
Company Vehicle Furnished
Cons
Rarely get a Lunch break and never know what time you are getting off
Very Chill atmosphere
announcer for sports such as basketball (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 21, 2016
You make your own hours or sign up for your own events. Everyone is nice and willing to help plus you may get free food. Although the work is chill and virtually stress free it does take time to receive paychecks from the corporate office. Anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month.
Great place to work could be better for a little more pay
Broadband specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 7, 2016
I would definitely recommend this company for someone whos wating to try the driving and meeting new people everyday and not beeing afraid to strike up a conversation with strangers
S
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
The pay is not all that great
Help customers with concerns of services
IT Support (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 18, 2016
Inbound calls from customers having trouble with their internet, cable or phone service. Help customers with billing concerns also make sales providing customers newer service. Fast paced job with high volume of calls.
Pros
Voluntary overtime, lots of training, free food good benefits, lots of room to grow.
Cons
Mandatory over time, change of hours.
A day at the office
Broadband Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 15, 2016
Some days were fun an exciting, while others days made me mad an uncomfortable. Overall it was something different everyday.
good place to work
CSSR (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 13, 2016
its a good place to work with having decent mangers and a fast work place. there is amazing benefits and great pay. the downside is that the customers you deal with are difficult, and if you don't do think in the parameters they specify you're pretty much done. To work here is ok but the turn around is high and there is a reason for that.
Pros
401k benefits
Cons
harsh customers
Can't go very far.
Broadband Technician II (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IASeptember 9, 2016
The owner is very greedy. He is afraid of working overtime, but he wants more work done. He will not give a higher rate of pay to those deserving.
Pros
It's nice to have a break between jobs.
Cons
Plumbing is never a nice job.
Fun Workplace with good people all around
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
The workplace is good with opportunity to learn if you are a beginner. However, the growth path is limited after a point.
Pros
Good work environment, nice people
Cons
Low packages
Not exactly what i expected...
Tier 1 Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 7, 2016
upon gaining employment, i was excited, finally back to working a full time job, insurance, holiday pay, the norm. Well once the 10 weeks of training was over, reality sunk in. the Leads are just higher paid customer service workers, most of the Supervisors make excuses as to why they can't help you with BASIC needs... the Managers are poor excuses and wasted time to go to also. Nobody i know that currently works there wants to.
Pros
bathroom breaks, hour lunches
Cons
i wouldn't wish my enemy to work there.
MediaCom Summary
Social Listening Analyst (Current Employee) –  37th and 7th AveSeptember 1, 2016
Great place to get experience and competitive pay. Corporate culture did not meet expectations, difficult to be promoted within due to an extremely siloed work environment.
Pros
Pay, Analytics Experience
Cons
Culture, Location, Caliber of Clients
Decisions
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2016
I liked the people I worked with and what I did. Decisions seemed to be hard for them to make and it took time to review; however this is not a bad trait, it was hard for me to make decision on what I wanted to do going forward with a career. They would not get back to you when they advised they would. I overall loved the position I was in and would have loved to become permanent instead of a temporary employee.
Pros
Enviroment Amazing
Cons
n/a
A skilled working environment
Warehouse Stocker and Loader (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work included checks and getting things ready for the day.

I learned how to work with computers and diagnostics.

The people I worked with were motivational and supportive.

Nothing was very difficult about this job.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Very demanding and busy job
BROADBAND SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJune 28, 2016
Constant work job kept you busy not a lot down time a lot of overtime worked with customer some nice some not so nice but never batted an eye they where still customers and had to be treated with the total respect
Pros
Job kept you very busy
Cons
no lunches and pay raises could have been better
Typical Communications Company
Commercial Sales and Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 27, 2016
The company overall is a great place to work that gives a deep focus on its employees work/life balance. The CEO cares deeply about family and speaks of it every year during customer service appreciation week. As the company grows it does have some hiccups policy wise as things change on almost a daily basis but as a whole a pretty nifty place to work!
Great Benefits and work/life balance
Regional Digital Media Planner (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 19, 2016
Unlike allot of the other agencies I've been at, Mediacom has a pretty well-rounded work/life balance. I would just say that there could be a bit more fun added to the culture.
csr
CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 27, 2016
ist Medicaid beneficiaries with scheduling transportation to and from medical appointments.
Contact medical facilities to verify appointments and authorize services. Interact with transportation dispatcher
to coordinate members trips by phone, email, and fax.
MediaCom is good
BroadBand Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 14, 2016
Hired on at Mediacom two months. Job is good but managment isnt the greatest. Companys main problem is that installers arent given enough power to successfully take care of jobs.
Pros
Knowledge of job
Cons
short or no breaks, too long of hours and

2.9