Mediacom Employee Reviews in United States

csr
CSR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 27, 2016
ist Medicaid beneficiaries with scheduling transportation to and from medical appointments.
Contact medical facilities to verify appointments and authorize services. Interact with transportation dispatcher
to coordinate members trips by phone, email, and fax.
MediaCom is good
BroadBand Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 14, 2016
Hired on at Mediacom two months. Job is good but managment isnt the greatest. Companys main problem is that installers arent given enough power to successfully take care of jobs.
Pros
Knowledge of job
Cons
short or no breaks, too long of hours and
No nonsense and data driven approach to sales.
Commercial Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen MNAugust 25, 2015
To sell you need fresh and appropriate information to properly manage your markets.

Getting sales data and market penetration metrics to those that need them as they need them has cultivated a challenging and exciting work environment.

Many solutions required out of the box thinking and on the fly research to learn new and creative ways to find the answers that are so urgently needed.
Pros
Freedom from micro managing
Cons
Pay caps
Ok place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waseca, mnSeptember 11, 2015
On the job training was very helpful. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was hearing how disappointed some customers would get in regards their service or lack there of.
Pros
commission on top of salary
Cons
poor management and large turnover
Calm environment and helpful employees
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAJuly 16, 2015
Answering calls, questions, and making orders for the technicians to come set up or fix any equipment was the majority of my day. The hardest part of my job was when people calling in were so unhappy but the most enjoyable part was when I could help get them on the right track to the issue being fixed, If not by fixing it myself.
Pros
Nice lunch break, staff was nice, good benefits
Cons
The upset people
Mediacom has great insurance and benefits
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Le Roy Il.August 10, 2015
I like Mediacom but we a lot of hours and do not see family that much.i like the staff I work for.The best part of this job if I wanting to build a house I can how other family live and what they have to offer.I get along very well with my co-workers.
Pros
I Drive A Company Truck
Cons
Work Alot Do Not See Family That Much
Consumer Reports bottom of the list worst company
Just an Employee (Current Employee) –  In one of the reqionsJuly 31, 2015
The executive management in New York all seem capable and vested in the companies success. The management in the locations around the country are sadly to say the crux of the embarrassment. Those that have been with the company or merged into after years of affiliation operate with a warped paradigm. Rocco is a terrific CEO, although he seems to be filtered out of the day to day circumstances that his middle management, senior supervisors and team supervisors, are sabotaging his investment.

A recommendation would be to have all of these people get on the phones, at the front counters, going to customers homes for 30 days of reality training and realization. Get them back to the basics of just who Mediacom's customers are and what is need day to day to get the satisfaction issues off the bottom of the charts.
Pros
Mediacoms commitment to non-major markets
Cons
Middle mangement that needs to be refreshed
Not a pleasant place to work
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 6, 2015
The work was manageable, the training for the job was very good but the supervision is terrible. When in need of advice, assistance, or answers to questions there was no one there to assist.
Pros
Cable discount
Cons
hours weekends and the stress
No room for advancement with long hours
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 12, 2015
I'm the senior service technician at Mediacom. A typical day consists of 12-13 service calls within a 10 hour day. The pay is not the greatest, and equipment shortages hinder your ability to provide good customer service.
Pros
Get to take company vehicle home, discounted cable bill
Cons
Not enough time to do each job thoroughly, equipment shortages
Productive and fun working place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 6, 2015
Having to compete with other providers with the same product and services.

Love the company product that I sell because I know that they have the best High Speed Internet.
Pros
Meeting my weekly goals
Cons
Competetions
loved the work but management was a joke and you have no life besides cable tv
system technician (Former Employee) –  Preston, MNMay 27, 2015
I worked for media companies for nearly ten years. Worked my way up from an installer to a tech ops supervisory position. All I can say is that bigger is not always better. Upper management was a distant joke. With a new York attitude while trying to run small town systems. They really have no idea what small town subscribers demand. They need to find good people, pay them well and do whatever it takes to keep them. In my ten years I watched over 30 technicians get hired and then terminate employment. That says very little about any company. And people to them are just a number. To bad because the work and technical aspects of this field still interest me today.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
upper and middle management with a lack of personal service.
Okay place to work . Benefits not as good as other employers in area.
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJune 1, 2015
Supervised agents in call center fulfilling request for cable/ internet and phone service. Daily activity included , QA , training , disciplinary action, Interviewing potential new hires. Intercepted and resolved customer service and billing issues.
Pros
I was able to lead a team to success.
Cons
Employee turnover
Work is rewarding
Demand Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 1, 2015
The work itself is great. You learn a great deal on how to troubleshoot not only the cable system but everyday things in general. This job has taught me how to look outside of the box when it comes to finding and fixing problems.
Pros
Get to take the truck home daily.
Cons
Micromanagement
Oracle Dba
Oracle DBA (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 11, 2015
ok company to work for the co-workers are pleasant to work with nice work areas.I enjoy working with the people there most of them are professionals and good to work with and office help if they can
Pros
Being able to work from home
Cons
Non technical Management
Life at mediacom
Telemarketing Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 7, 2015
My typical day at work consists on multiple inbound calls from tech door to door sells men and customers setting up orders. Ive learned patience and understanding at this job. management could be better but i wouldn't complain, my co workers are amazing i love all of them, the hardest part of my job is working late. the most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers and my inbound calls.
Good overtime
Installer/Service tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2015
Good overtime was able to work with customers, Working outside and inside able to drive around town. Any training was avail at all times
Pros
overtime working with others
Great Commission, No manual labor, Thankless customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLApril 17, 2015
The best thing in the day, is when the sales calls start coming. I would say that the hardest thing is being stationary all day, unless there is something that needs a supervisors attention, there is no moving. Management is definitely on point at Mediacom, and they will do everything in their power to help you stay on and stay productive within the company. My co-workers and I have formed a kind of kinship incomparable to that of any other company I have been employed with.
Pros
Commission, Benefits, Free Cable
Cons
Sitting down all the time, Never gives the benefit of the doubt
do not expect much
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  iowaMarch 20, 2015
Typical day is answering phones, dealing with trouble shooting, billing. you have supervisors on your case if you go over 15min on a call, need to tell someone when you have to go to the bathroom. Your breaks and lunches are done for you and you have to go when they say. Management is a JOKE!! None of them get along, they all complain about each other, most of the time they promote people that know nothing at all!! they are the biggest butt kissers. Open door policy..hahaha not so. if you complain they will tell their source. The reduced rate on services is nice but not worth the headache! Overtime every week. the highest turnover rate!!!
Pros
management
Cons
reduced services
Productive in Sales.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be going door to door trying to sell Cable, Internet, and phone. I learned how to sell cable with just talking to people. I got along with my managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting people to answer there doors. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different types of people and having weekly meetings.
Pros
Meeting New People.
Cons
Commission pay only.
Install and picking up materials
Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 23, 2015
Install cable if need. Pick up old cable box, if their where any to be pick up. Respone to ever customer problem they may come across with their cable boxs an etc....