Mediacom

Mediacom Employee Reviews

Work is rewarding
Demand Maintenance (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Get to take the truck home daily.
Cons: Micromanagement
The work itself is great. You learn a great deal on how to troubleshoot not only the cable system but everyday things in general. This job has taught me how to look outside of the box when it comes to finding and fixing problems.
No room for advancement with long hours
Service Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Get to take company vehicle home, discounted cable bill
Cons: Not enough time to do each job thoroughly, equipment shortages
I'm the senior service technician at Mediacom. A typical day consists of 12-13 service calls within a 10 hour day. The pay is not the greatest, and equipment shortages hinder your ability to provide good customer service.
Okay place to work . Benefits not as good as other employers in area.
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: I was able to lead a team to success.
Cons: Employee turnover
Supervised agents in call center fulfilling request for cable/ internet and phone service. Daily activity included , QA , training , disciplinary action, Interviewing potential new hires. Intercepted and resolved customer service and billing issues.
loved the work but management was a joke and you have no life besides cable tv
system technician (Former Employee), Preston, MNMay 27, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: upper and middle management with a lack of personal service.
I worked for media companies for nearly ten years. Worked my way up from an installer to a tech ops supervisory position. All I can say is that bigger is not always better. Upper management was a distant joke. With a new York attitude while trying to run small town systems. They really have no idea what small town subscribers demand. They need to find good people, pay them well and do whatever it takes to keep them. In my ten years I watched over 30 technicians get hired and then terminate employment. That says very little about any company. And people to them are just a number. To bad because the work and technical aspects of this field still interest me today.
Dispatching
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Chillicothe, ILMay 26, 2015
Pros: sometimes free gifts
Cons: healthcare expensive
Sit all day and answer calls from techs. Fix the issues they are having with equipment. However they decided to cut most dispatch offices and the Chillicothe office was one to be cut.
Worst company
Installer Tech (Current Employee), Moline, ILMay 13, 2015
This is the worst company to work for. There is no real management and they only care about one thing there. You get over worked, under paid and expect more out of you than is humanly possible.
Life at mediacom
Telemarketing Sales Rep (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAMay 7, 2015
My typical day at work consists on multiple inbound calls from tech door to door sells men and customers setting up orders. Ive learned patience and understanding at this job. management could be better but i wouldn't complain, my co workers are amazing i love all of them, the hardest part of my job is working late. the most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers and my inbound calls.
Fast paced work
Installation Tech (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, MOApril 29, 2015
Good place to work overall. Its a fast paced job dealing with customer concerns and installation of cable, phone, and internet
Great Commission, No manual labor, Thankless customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: Commission, Benefits, Free Cable
Cons: Sitting down all the time, Never gives the benefit of the doubt
The best thing in the day, is when the sales calls start coming. I would say that the hardest thing is being stationary all day, unless there is something that needs a supervisors attention, there is no moving. Management is definitely on point at Mediacom, and they will do everything in their power to help you stay on and stay productive within the company. My co-workers and I have formed a kind of kinship incomparable to that of any other company I have been employed with.
Not a Bad place
Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILApril 6, 2015
Mediacom is not a bad place to work, The area i worked in just had poor management that did not care. Other than that mediacom is a great company to work for. Only one down fall
Retention Call Center
Retention Service Representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Cable Discount
Cons: HR takes weeks to process paperwork that should be done in days.
Inbound calls to offer customer loyalty promotions, disconnect services, billing explanations, selling additional services.
Productive in Sales.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Meeting New People.
Cons: Commission pay only.
A typical day at work would be going door to door trying to sell Cable, Internet, and phone. I learned how to sell cable with just talking to people. I got along with my managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting people to answer there doors. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different types of people and having weekly meetings.
great place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 21, 2015
I would still be here but a move to another state that doesn't have a call center I was not able to transfer, the customers are great I had the privilege of saving customers from a company and getting them into a nice program that will satisfy them in return of them keeping there buisness
do not expect much
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), iowaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: reduced services
Typical day is answering phones, dealing with trouble shooting, billing. you have supervisors on your case if you go over 15min on a call, need to tell someone when you have to go to the bathroom. Your breaks and lunches are done for you and you have to go when they say. Management is a JOKE!! None of them get along, they all complain about each other, most of the time they promote people that know nothing at all!! they are the biggest butt kissers. Open door policy..hahaha not so. if you complain they will tell their source. The reduced rate on services is nice but not worth the headache! Overtime every week. the highest turnover rate!!!
bad cable service very low signal
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Ridgecrest, CaMarch 16, 2015
I enjoyed my boss and staff . I learned a lot here about customer service and dealing with difficult people. the service was poor and lots of customer complaints and people refusing to pay and keep equipment so I had a lot of retrieving of equipment and over due charges to collect.
Fun place to work
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: bein able to teach new employees and shown appreciation.
I enjoyed helping customers with their cable and internet issues. I liked teaching new employees on how to use the different software used to help the customers.
rudimentary old school place
Local Broadcast Account Director (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
no room for innovation. little room to advance. upper management very absentee. big gaps between employee productivity
Promoted education and growth
Marketing Coordinator/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Clearlake Oaks, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Team work very important. Step out of the bubble. Be willing to help others even if its not your responsibility. I learned to how to work independently as well as team work. I was exposed to things I never thought I would get to do like getting into marketing and designing radio spots and advertising in magazines and newspapers. I had a wonderful experience and gained self confidence working there.
a day at work was fun most of the time
Regional Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IowaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: company car, lots of travel
Cons: did not like to travel to cr everyday, on call 24-7
great place to work, I just retired after 35 years with them. great team mates in HR
Great people company
Communications Planner - Print (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Perhaps because of their strong brands, this company is passionately driven and makes a great environment for its employees.

1 2 3 4 5