Mediacom

Mediacom Employer Reviews

Mediacom was a great business to work for
Technical Support (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 1, 2014
In a typical work day I would answer telephone calls pertaining to technical support malfunctions with our customers' cable modems. I learned many different codes to assist in fixing the customers' internet. The management was great and they were very friendly. The co-workers were also great and very knowledgeable, and I learned many things from them by listening. The hardest part of the job was to remember all of the commands to fix the customers' cable modems. The most enjoyable part of the job was working overtime.
Excellant
CSSR (Former Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: advancement within the company, yearly raises, commision on sales, daily goals with games and winning prizes, christmas party with door prizes and bigger prizes throughout the night
Cons: unappreciated by corporate for all of the hard work and going beyond, sales mattered more than the customers, and the technical support and customer service representatives.
Excellent work experience for 4 1/2 years. Manangement was amazing in the beginning and dwindled toward the end. Co-workers were amazing, we worked hard, we were the company and had to represent it as such. I learned a lot about people, especially corporate and customer service. Its not the easiest job, but if you actually care about what you do and strive to do the best possible, you will succeed at anything. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others, when I could help a customer that had been having problems for a long time, and no one else seemed to do anything about it, just knowing that I cared made a difference to them.
An eye-opening experience in customer service
Lead Customer Service & Sales Representative (Current Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 21, 2014
Mediacom is a loveable company. I thoroughly love working there. The background is inspiring, the company is not too big but, still noticeable on a national front. With so many call centers and divisions, interaction is high among co-workers and customers. One must have tough skin when dealing with tough customers and accounts, but overall it is an eye-opening and enjoyable experience in customer service.
easy going job
District Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fitzgerald, GASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: job is not secure
A typical work day at Mediacom consist of going to different neighborhoods and trying to speak wth customers and potential customers about the product. Throughtout the day you may get calls from those potential customers to set appointments with to go back and speak to about possibly signing up for the companies services. I learned about the products of the company wich include cable, internet, and phone service. I learned about the installation process. I learned more customer service techniques to add to what I have already learned . I have learned to better self motivate myself and how to overcome objections from a customer when they do not want the service. My manger is always available for his employees and is very helpful. If he can not answer his phone when we call he always get back to us in a timely manner. All of my co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. Everyone works well together as a team. The hardest part of the job would probably be working in the elements. The most enjoyable part about the job is the people you meet.
Great place to work for
Service Technician (Former Employee), Marion, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Always had something do and management was great. Never thought I was going to lose my job because it was job security
I don't have a summary
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: cheap cable
Cons: management is terrible
I don't have a summary or a review. I do know that transferring from Iowa to the Missouri Region was one of the biggest mistakes I have made in my professional life.
Good customer service values
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good managers
Cons: changing shifts every three months
I like talking to people and solving any problems they may have. It was challenging sometimes but that just added to the diversity.
Supervise a crew
Supervisor, Technical Operations (Former Employee), Kincaid, ILAugust 27, 2014
With over 30 communities through out central Illinois' I supervised a crew to install cable services to customers home along with maintaining the integrity of the cable system it self. I traveled through these communities for quality control and inspection of the cable plant along with the follow up on work preformed by my crew.
Meeting many customers was a enjoyable part of the job.
Extreme Work Conditions
Service Technician (Former Employee), Streator, ILAugust 6, 2014
Pros: take home vehicle / free cable
Cons: everything / hostile work environments/ extreme work conditions
Over scheduling on a daily basis, unrealistic time slots. Working directly in the elements. Easy Payroll Deductions around every corner. Was a reliable job(job security) but excessive for lack of pay and work conditions.
HORRIBLE BOSS
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), EDMONTON, KYAugust 4, 2014
Cons: horrible employee managment
DON'T GO HOME UNTIL YOU GET DONE, NO MATTER WHAT TIME.... MIDNIGHT SOMETIMES. TRUCKS HAVE GPS INSTALLED, SO IF YOU ARE HELPING A COWORKER THAT IS BEING (IT IS A GROUP EFFORT LAST TIME I CHECKED) THE BOSS WILL CALL AND SAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING. HE ALREADY KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE AT ANYWAY, TEAM PLAYERS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE. YOUR JOB IS DESIGNED FOR 1 PERSON IS WHAT HE SAYS. IF YOU GET DONE AT 5 AND YOUR CO WORKER HAS ENOUGH WORK TO LAST UNTIL MIDNIGHT, YOU WILL BE TOLD TO GO HOME, HE CAN DO HIS OWN WORK..... NOT GOOD.
Good benefits and nice people
Senior Partner (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice people, good proximity to transportation
Cons: little/no management engagement, poor career planning, open seating
While Mediacom has a knack for finding very nice and qualified people, management is weak and not engaged. Leadership has very little connection with the day-to-day management of client issues.

The pay is decent and they have a formal annual employee evaluation process that theoretically helps guide employee career paths. Unfortunately, very few people take it seriously and employees can go years without a raise or any formal career mapping.
Job Review
Customer service (Current Employee), Moline, ILJuly 30, 2014
Pros: incentives/benefits
Cons: hourly wage
Assisting customers with account services-internet, cable, phone. Troubleshooting, making payments, changing services/account information.
Co-workers/Management are great and friendly.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help with every situation as it may be out of the department level.
The most enjoyable part is being able to help people and the coworkers/work environment.
I have learned that there are many circumstances that are not in the control of the direct customer care representative department.
Not a very good company to work for
Revenue Asset & Recovery Agent (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 27, 2014
I did not enjoy this job. I worked in collections & was on the phone all day, which was not for me. The company was also not very good to work for. I felt like they did not care too much about their employees & we definitely were not paid enough for what we did. Our department was very strict on performance & some of the things they expected out of us were kind of ridiculous & hard to reach at points.
Contractor for mediacom
Cable Contractor (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: gas, healthcare, vehicle maintenance, home life
being a contractor for Mediacom was not a good job. We worked strange hours when we had work and there was no communication between management and employees
Fun and Innovating
Administrative Assistant - Marketing (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
From the pastel colored walls to the open floor plan and work spaces, this company is both innovating and fun.
Good working environment
Field Support Center Representative (Current Employee), 1 Mediacom Way, Mediacom Park NYJuly 13, 2014
Pretty good atmosphere, with friendly co-workers. Good communication with management throughout the day. All around good place to work.
I was a customer service representative and I enjoyed working there. I hated to move.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 10, 2014
My overall work experience was a pleasant one. I had my own cubicle and work space. It was also very laid back at times.
very serious do or die work place
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), chillicothe,ilJuly 9, 2014
Pros: located close to home
Cons: the job requirments, no good explanations for questions customers ask, ill trained, not competitive pricing or service and seniority n longer matters
This company shows no loyalty to its long standing employees, Aslo changes requirements almost daily not competitive and doesn't train emplyees properly to have answers for questions customer continuously ask. This job would work good for someone who is completely free and has no plans ever or any children. You get yelled at and managers supervisors ect. expect you to clean up all other messes made by other employees. I love my co workers however you don't get to chat much as call volumn is contiuous.
Tier 2 Internet Support (Current Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 4, 2014
There is a really great tech culture that exists here in internet support. Everyone is friendly and generally sticks together. It has some of the usual incompetncies you normally find in a management team, but no worse than anywhere else, and in most instances, the management here is pretty awesome and friendly.
Fun call center to work at
Sales Routing Representative (Former Employee), Chillicothe ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: vacation days, insurance, fun atmosphere
A typical day would be answering approximately 300-400 calls a day and determining the appropriate department the customer needed to be transferred to for example sales, technical support, or customer service.

About Mediacom