Cool Indie Media Agency is hiring
Mediasmith is staffing to support our current clients and recent new business. If you want to start the New Year working with a bunch of talented and fun digital media professionals, this could be your new home. Read on for more details.
The Digital Media Planner plays a key role in developing integrated media strategy and media plans for their assigned clients. They evaluate plan options, develop POV’s on media opportunities and utilize appropriate media tools and research to develop plans. They are responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks of plan implementation and execution. They are current with the media marketplace and they maintain relationships with outside vendors. They train less experienced Media Coordinators and Assistant Planners and they manage media budgets and flowcharts.
- Review and understand the marketing situation analysis for brand/strategy
- Utilize media research tools and resources to aid in campaign management
- Support and work with the Media Supervisor/Associate Media Director to develop media strategy that will meet client objectives
- Develop hypotheses and draw conclusions from the analyses of marketing and media data
- Lead in the development of the media recommendations
- Seek Client’s approval of plans and recommendations on a timely basis
- Develop final buy recommendations, specifications and summary for the buyer
- Oversee the preparation, accuracy and timeliness of digital, print broadcast, and out-of-home space agreements
Media Account Management
- Maintain a written record of all Client agreements and next steps
- Initiate and maintain all aspects of media billing and budgeting
- Main accuracy of planning costs/rates
- Keep abreast of creative availability and timetables
- Keep team informed of space and material deadlines
- Help prepare brand reviews and media training programs
- Campaign stewardship, optimization and reporting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years in digital media planning required. B2B, Consumer, e-Commerce, Automotive or Entertainment experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of general advertising and campaign performance metrics
- Clear understanding of the media planning and buying process (multi-channel preferred)
- Experience and skill in negotiations with media vendors
- Understanding of media research tools and how to effectively use them
- Ability to understand client objectives and how they translate into media strategies
- Ability to manage day-to-day program execution
- Proficiency in computer skills—Microsoft Office, Media Research and Online serving/reporting tools
- Solid writing and communication skills, comfort level in presenting to clients and ability to sell ideas to clients and media partners
- Good time management and organization habits
- Solid team player, mentor and trainer to less experienced staff
- A personality clients, vendors and agency staff will adore
If you meet the above requirements, send us a cover letter telling us why you would be a good candidate, your salary range requirements and your resume.
Mediasmith, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive salary packages and a full range of benefits in a pleasant and very casual SOMA environment. Check out our website for more information about Mediasmith and our career opportunities http://www.mediasmith.com/careers.
We are only able to respond to candidates selected for interviews.