Cool Indie Media Agency is Hiring
Mediasmith is recruiting to staff for our current clients and recent new business. If you are looking to start a career in digital media, this could be the place for you. Read on for the details.
The Media Coordinator is our entry-level position in the Media Department. Your role is to support the media team in gathering information to plan and execute Digital and Traditional media campaigns. If you have some previous experience, you could come in as an Assistant Media Planner.
Your initial goal will be to learn how Mediasmith operates, learn the Media business and support your client team. You will be trained in ad-serving technology and media research tools. You will be responsible for client reporting. You will be asked to research sites and technologies. You will prepare Requests for Proposals, Insertion Orders and Media Authorizations. You will be responsible for gathering media kits and scheduling meetings with vendors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have strong computer skills—Excel, Word, PowerPoint and can demonstrate them
- You are quick and thorough with research projects
- You have a Bachelor’s degree—we like Economics, Computer Science or Biology majors
- You have strong mathematical and analytical abilities
- You are highly motivated to build a career in Media; learning about CPCs, impressions and ad-serving technology really excites you
- You have some business work experience or internships. Any advertising related experience is a plus
- You have some experience with reporting data and formatting reports
- You have solid written communication skills
- Your verbal skills are clear, persuasive and confident
- You are comfortable with social media events and networking
- You can work well under pressure and tight deliverables don’t bother you
- You should be a pro at internet research and hip to Social Media
- You have a personality that our staff, clients and vendors will adore
If you meet the above requirements, understand how the Web works for business and are looking to launch yourself into an intense and demanding career in media, send a cover letter telling us why you would be a good candidate, your salary range requirements and your resume.
Mediasmith, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive salary packages and a full range of benefits in a pleasant and very casual SOMA environment. We can only consider local candidates who are immediately available for interviews and employment. Check out our website for more information about Mediasmith and our career opportunities http://www.mediasmith.com/careers.
We are only able to respond to candidates selected for interviews.