Medica Employee Reviews

Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 7, 2017
My manager and immediate supervisor do not have backbones and shouldn't be leading a team. Need better direction on who is doing what and what is expected of you on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible schedule within my department and ability to work from home
Cons
Extremely busy during fourth quarter-put in many extra hours
A good place to work with a great futre
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 1, 2017
I was a part of the large 2017 lay off and even with that being said I think that Medica is a great place to work with a great future. They have great leadership in place and they really value work-life balance
Medica work life
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 19, 2017
I joined Medica in hopes of joining a company that value me as an individual and my expertise. Within the first 2 years I felt valued and that I mattered as an employee however the last two year is when things changed. My commission started getting cut and the company announced budget cuts and that it was downsizing. I was amongst the first of the 2nd wave of layoffs to be affected
Busy place to work
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 3, 2017
The job itself is okay you are just kept busy. Management is a bit lax, definitely good if you like to just manage yourself. Really hard to get any scheduled time off. The work environment is very nice though.
Great Company
PDC (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 27, 2017
Starting at Medica was wonderful with the best onboarding experience I have ever had at any company. The training was detailed and very hands on. Great trainers and fellow peers to assist with all my new employee questions. Fast paced training plans to get you up to speed in no time. Management is friendly and very approachable with any questions or concerns.
Pros
Great communication between all departments
Cons
poor WFH policies
UM role
UM role (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 13, 2017
Would not recommend to nursing professionals.There isn't any experienced leadership and the workplace lacks professional respect and ethics. It's a "who knows who" culture and is need of a major overhaul of Sr Leadership and Managerial roles.
Pros
Work from home option possibility
Cons
Lack of leadership and advancement opportunities. Frequent layoffs
Boogie Environment
Health Plan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 28, 2017
Medica is not a great place to work. They are very clicky and make it hard for entry level employees to advance. Upper management consist of family members & friends who know each other.
Benefits
Great Work Environment
Health Plan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 21, 2017
MEDICA was a great place to work, very nice work environment and facility. The people are all pretty friendly for the most part, and the compensation for most positions were fairly reasonable. Management was great and very open and encouraging of progress.
Very Political
International Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 20, 2017
Very political environment. Long hours and high stress. Distributors are great to work with. Pay rates are in lower scale of area salaries for the same position.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Nonstandard ethics
One of the best places to work in the Twin Cities.
Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 20, 2017
Medica has created a good work environment.. Medica provides so many services and benefits for it's employees. Medica supports good health and provided classes, most of them free. The management in the dept where I worked was supportive. I enjoyed going to work every day. The only negative was the Company lay off. Medica did a good job keeping us informed plus gave us a sweet severance package. I'd recommend working at Medica to anyone being given the opportunity.
Pros
Fun activities.
Cons
Cafe food was expensive and most of it didn't taste good.
Great Productive environment
Senior Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 20, 2017
Great environment to work as a contractor and as employee ! The company culture is inclusive even as a contractor. The management is very supportive and understanding.
Medica
HealthPlan Speciallist II (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 14, 2017
Medica is an excellent place to work. I would love to stay working at Medica, but unfortunately my job was eliminated due to the contract with the Dept. of human services not being renewed.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
Lunch break
Enjoyable
Transportation Rep (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 21, 2016
Management is great and gave you the opportunity to be cross trained in other medical fields. The best part of the day was making sure you had the correct rides and vendors set up for all members.
Productive work environment with a good work life balance
Health Plan Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 17, 2016
My normal day at work consisted of being on the phones most of the day. I like that management had the open door policy and that if you had any questions they would be there to answer.
Pros
employee appreciation activity
Cons
call center metrics
Awesome place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 2, 2016
A place i will recommend for all my peers who is looking for a change. Lot many opportunities to learn and expand our boundaries. Enjoyed every moment there and great place to work
Pros
Cafe and other refreshments
Cons
Nothing to say
Great place to work and start a career in healthcare/insurance
Sales/customer service (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 1, 2016
Medica is a great place to work. Medica provides great benefits. Management cares about it's employees. Great job to start a career in healthcare/insurance.
Pros
Opportunity to move up quickly
Cons
Pay could be better
good place to work
Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 13, 2016
the work isn't very interesting or challenging but the people who work here are great, the supervisors are approachable and helpful. The other staff are very friendly.
Pros
friendly staff, good managers
Cons
unhcallenging.
Not my favorite place to work
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 12, 2016
Co-workers were great but the management needed help. Work was always was supposed to trump any family obligations, which is not ok as a parent.
Pros
Co-workers, on site cafeteria
Cons
management
A Community within the workplace
Provider Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 20, 2016
The atmosphere at Medica is one of the best I've been a part of. Easy to grab lunch with coworkers with the Cafeteria being right downstairs. Management comes to chat frequently and cracks jokes on a regular basis. Everyone supports one another.
Pros
Several employee appreciation events, cafeteria/coffee shop downstairs, Pto/vto
Cons
High turnover rate
Good
Health Plan Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 10, 2016
Good workplace. Decent pay. Not a lot of room for advancement. Strict on break adherence. Training is fast paced. Best way to learn is hands on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medica. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval