Medica

Medica Employee Reviews

Excellent mid sized medical device company
VP Research and Development (Current Employee), Bedford, MAMay 18, 2015
A history of design excellence and a commitment to new product development are at the core of this growing business. MEDICA provides an excellent opportunity for engineers and scientists to make significant contributions to new product designs. Interesting new products and good financial support for R+D are the norm. The pace is fast and the work is challenging.
Productive, goal-oriented company.
Payment Intent Policy Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Cons: Work all the time.
Very intelligent, hard-working staff. Opportunity for growth for those who are willing to learn and grow. Promotional opportunities available.
Culture was great
Member & Employee Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMarch 8, 2015
Great company. Room for growth. Gives back to the community. Good pay and benefits. Chance for personal and professional growth. Offers tuition reimbursement.
Friendly coworkers, positive environment.
Health Plan and Banking Specialist (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNMarch 4, 2015
Typical day includes but is not limited to fielding phone calls from members with health plans through their employment. My daily duties include how medical and/or prescription benefits were applied to the specific claim. In addition, my role involves reaching out to the doctor office in order to request corrected billings or to request, on behalf of the member, an extended timeframe in order for the member to make payment. Also, my role requires active listening in order to set realistic expectations for the member. Many times a member will call because they want to dispute how a claim processes and it is my duty to review the claim (diagnosis and procedure codes) to determine what and if anything can be done. The nature of the business is tough in general because you are dealing with the money and health of a member; two of maybe the most cherished things in ones life. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to deliver outcomes that the member does agree with, one in which lessens their financial liability.
Great People, Great Environment, Great Events!
Sr. Support Specialist (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I am a contractor in the IT department, the environment is really laid back, everyone is very friendly, and I've never felt like I am walking on pin-needles. They house fun events like canoe races and company picnics which is awesome and I always feel like a valued member of the company from all levels of management.
A sales opportunity that was productive and well supported
Sales Executive, Regional Sales (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good management, defined expectations.
Cons: quota was one of the largest in the company
A typical day at work involved travel and selling to new and developing consultants/brokers group health benefits.

I learned to be proactive, fast and specific.

My management was helpful and cleared the way.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the travel to the client.

The hardest part of the job was staying current with the market and regulations.
Productive workplace
Sr. Test Analyst (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 11, 2014
I learned lot of things while working at Medica. It was overall productive.
Great company to work for
Desktop Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: having to leave at end of contract
As a contractor it is easy to feel left out of the crowd and segregated from the rest of the firm. Not at Medica. Managers and peers are eager to answer any questions and very engaging. It is obvious they like what they do, where they do it. Not happy about having to leave at end of contract.
Good company to work for
Senior Group Leader in Production (Former Employee), Bedford, MASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: new leadership restructuring positions of loyal, dedicated, reliable, and hard-working employees.
Production at Medica was a steady , busy day. I have learned most of what I know about production and manufacturing at Medica Corp in the various roles I have worked.
For the most part, the management has been very good throughout the years but has changed in recent years due to leadership changes that has caused many employee to step down from their positions to allow inward movement of employees to take over those positions.
The hardest part of the job was being asked to step down from my Production Supervisor position so someone that was a former employee of a new leader in the company could have my position. I stepped down to a senior group leader and my salary was also cut. It was a big hit financially for me but I made the best of it and continued in my new role.
Performing my job to the best of my ability and getting the job done well.
Very fun place to work
Tech Support (Current Employee), Bedford, MAJune 25, 2014
Great place to work. People are great and work place is comfortable.
fun workplace
Care Coordinator (Former Employee), minnetonka, mnMarch 31, 2014
case manager. Provided excellent customer service to our members and providers. process Prior Auths answered claim questions and provided benefit information. Complied in all HIPPA Guidelines and breech confidentiality for the safety of all our members.
Slow and Boring
Telephone Communicator (Former Employee), Hasbrouck Heights, NJFebruary 13, 2014
Typical day spent putting in doctor information into system and calling doctors to make seminar appointments.
A place I will miss going to everyday.
Lead Individual Underwriter - Senior (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNFebruary 5, 2014
I think I could have worked there for the rest of time. Unfortunately, the Affordable Care Act was passed causing the elimination of my position.
Team environment with customer service the highest priority.
Senior Fulfillment and ID Card Specialist I (Former Employee), PlymouthJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and working from home
Cons: the amount of work the needed to get done during the busy season.
Typically the day starts with a few goals in mind that I want to complete by end of day. I first check my email and the priorities could and probably do change. I process data to ensure what needs to get out the door does. I confirm we are on track with projects. For management for the most part are very supportive and open to ideas, policies and procedures that benefit the member and save time and money. Coworkers tended to want to perform to the best of their ability and when shown the way almost always stepped up to the plate and got the job done. The hardest part of my job was to coordinate the mass amount of work to get it all done on time. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people that had the same goals as I did, that and being able to really make a difference. We were always encourage to make decisions and look for new and more efficient processes.
good place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNDecember 30, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Perform monthly account reconciliations, analyze month end expense variances, financial reporting for the Foundation, process and record SelectCare payments, generate invoices for Network Management fees, designed and maintained Access databases, work in Great Plains for accounting functions, special ad hoc reporting for management, enter/upload journal entries and special projects. The most enjoyable part of my job is the ad hoc reporting. I have a strong interest in database reporting.
Medica is a super-star in not-for-profits!
Senior RFP Specialist (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 20, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment and management.
Cons: pay is less but work-life-balance and healthy work environment makes it all worthwhile.
A health care company that lives its cultural values and puts members first.
nice place to work people are very nice
Team Leader (Former Employee), Bedford, MAAugust 21, 2013
I learned a lot of new things being at a medical company that were very interesting,Supervisor was a great person but management was always new people coming and going witch makes it hard to get used to when every few month someone new is coming in changing everything that the last person just put in place,Co-workers were great people,the hardest part of my job was just trying to get my group to except all the new changes that came with the new management but they all adjusted well, the most enjoyable part of my job was working with great and fun co-workers everyday
An organization that works
Engineer (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: limited resources to get the job done
A small stable company that is very slow at growing. It is privately held and is very tight on information about who owns the organization and what the company's goals are so you have to second guess their needs.
Too long ago
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), Edina. MNMarch 26, 2013
Temporatry agencies. Too long ago and not appropriate for type of work now applying.
Efficient and Active Management
Senior SAS Programmer/Statistical Analyst (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNOctober 18, 2012
Grt place to work, Awards hard work, good compensation.. and rewards