Medica Employee Reviews in United States

Productive & Fun Place to work.
Technical Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 22, 2016
My position at Medica Corporation was a very exciting Company to work at. My position as an Technical Support Administrator was very busy with alot of multi tasking to perform each day, it is what I enjoy in a position in the Admininstrative field.

The Techinal Support Group that I worked with daily, were very professional & fun to work with, and the rest of the individual Departments that I worked with on a daily basis, as well as the owner.

The majority of Communincation with the 80% of International & 20 % Domestic folks,were very pleasant to work with to resolve their Warranty Claims, Training, Accommodations etc... throughout my various task.
Pros
Free Lunches, Dinners in house or off site with the Domestic & International vistitors
Good work place environment
Sr. Manager, Sales Strategy & Communications Team (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 14, 2015
Medica is a great place to work, healthy work environment, good culture. Senior management are all talented, proactive leaders.
Pros
healthy work/life balance
Cons
few advancement opportunities / career growth
Friendly coworkers, positive environment.
Health Plan and Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 4, 2015
Typical day includes but is not limited to fielding phone calls from members with health plans through their employment. My daily duties include how medical and/or prescription benefits were applied to the specific claim. In addition, my role involves reaching out to the doctor office in order to request corrected billings or to request, on behalf of the member, an extended timeframe in order for the member to make payment. Also, my role requires active listening in order to set realistic expectations for the member. Many times a member will call because they want to dispute how a claim processes and it is my duty to review the claim (diagnosis and procedure codes) to determine what and if anything can be done. The nature of the business is tough in general because you are dealing with the money and health of a member; two of maybe the most cherished things in ones life. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to deliver outcomes that the member does agree with, one in which lessens their financial liability.
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 13, 2016
Overall a good place to work. Stable product. Good market.
Co-workers are very dedicated. Typical day of work is to make a plan, review current situation, and apply solutions to current and future problems
Good company to work for
Senior Group Leader in Production (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 22, 2014
Production at Medica was a steady , busy day. I have learned most of what I know about production and manufacturing at Medica Corp in the various roles I have worked.
For the most part, the management has been very good throughout the years but has changed in recent years due to leadership changes that has caused many employee to step down from their positions to allow inward movement of employees to take over those positions.
The hardest part of the job was being asked to step down from my Production Supervisor position so someone that was a former employee of a new leader in the company could have my position. I stepped down to a senior group leader and my salary was also cut. It was a big hit financially for me but I made the best of it and continued in my new role.
Performing my job to the best of my ability and getting the job done well.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
new leadership restructuring positions of loyal, dedicated, reliable, and hard-working employees.
professional
Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 19, 2016
Medica cares about the mind, body and spirit of employees. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable, not intimidating. Great facilities with IT support standby
Lots of great perks if hired full time
Customer Service Representative-Call Center (Former Employee) –  Minentonka MNJune 20, 2012
Typical daily duties were Customer Service and helping members with their level of benefits coverage for specific procedures, etc and assisting during Open Enrollment Period what plans worked best for them, etc.

Co-workers were great; hardest part of the job was dealing with the customers that were difficult but for the most part were not so was the most enjoyable part also, loved working with Medicare members as were always so patient on the phone and friendly!

Management was ok but definitely knew who they liked and didn't from the beginning!

I learned that it's not always best to tell the supervisor how you feel....didn't like sharing a desk with a problem coworker and didn't think should have to share with all the space available....felt like it was their way of pushing me out the door!
Pros
great perks, benefits if full time
Cons
knew exactly where you stood from very begniing; felt like got judged too quickly!
A sales opportunity that was productive and well supported
Sales Executive, Regional Sales (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work involved travel and selling to new and developing consultants/brokers group health benefits.

I learned to be proactive, fast and specific.

My management was helpful and cleared the way.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the travel to the client.

The hardest part of the job was staying current with the market and regulations.
Pros
good management, defined expectations.
Cons
quota was one of the largest in the company
Culture was great
Member & Employee Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 8, 2015
Great company. Room for growth. Gives back to the community. Good pay and benefits. Chance for personal and professional growth. Offers tuition reimbursement.
Efficient and Active Management
Senior SAS Programmer/Statistical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 18, 2012
Grt place to work, Awards hard work, good compensation.. and rewards
great company
Health Plan Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 3, 2015
nice work environment but not enough work space. Supervisor are friendly. High call volume non stop. Not properly staffed.
Fun
Health Plan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 28, 2015
Medica is a great place to work, outside of working in the call center where you are monitored 24/7. It's hard to use the restroom without being docked points and loosing a possible bonus because you were gone to long.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Time Monitored
Excellent career minded organization which puts people and Customers first
Encounter Manager / Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 20, 2012
Casual culture and friendly people. Medica has plenty of work for dedicated professional that are career minded and interested in achievement.

I worked a cross departmental lines. Some group or teams are more proactive and professional than others.

As with other companies, it is difficult to change behavior and attitudes. Because we have always done it this way, is not a satisfactory answer when striving for improvement.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the enviornment and working with friendly and helpful people.
Pros
great place to work in general
Cons
some part of the orgainzation is stagnate and resistant to change
Excellent mid sized medical device company
VP Research and Development (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 18, 2015
A history of design excellence and a commitment to new product development are at the core of this growing business. MEDICA provides an excellent opportunity for engineers and scientists to make significant contributions to new product designs. Interesting new products and good financial support for R+D are the norm. The pace is fast and the work is challenging.
Productive, goal-oriented company.
Payment Intent Policy Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2015
Very intelligent, hard-working staff. Opportunity for growth for those who are willing to learn and grow. Promotional opportunities available.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Work all the time.
Team environment with customer service the highest priority.
Senior Fulfillment and ID Card Specialist I (Former Employee) –  PlymouthJanuary 16, 2014
Typically the day starts with a few goals in mind that I want to complete by end of day. I first check my email and the priorities could and probably do change. I process data to ensure what needs to get out the door does. I confirm we are on track with projects. For management for the most part are very supportive and open to ideas, policies and procedures that benefit the member and save time and money. Coworkers tended to want to perform to the best of their ability and when shown the way almost always stepped up to the plate and got the job done. The hardest part of my job was to coordinate the mass amount of work to get it all done on time. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people that had the same goals as I did, that and being able to really make a difference. We were always encourage to make decisions and look for new and more efficient processes.
Pros
flexible schedule and working from home
Cons
the amount of work the needed to get done during the busy season.
nice place to work people are very nice
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 21, 2013
I learned a lot of new things being at a medical company that were very interesting,Supervisor was a great person but management was always new people coming and going witch makes it hard to get used to when every few month someone new is coming in changing everything that the last person just put in place,Co-workers were great people,the hardest part of my job was just trying to get my group to except all the new changes that came with the new management but they all adjusted well, the most enjoyable part of my job was working with great and fun co-workers everyday
good place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 30, 2013
Perform monthly account reconciliations, analyze month end expense variances, financial reporting for the Foundation, process and record SelectCare payments, generate invoices for Network Management fees, designed and maintained Access databases, work in Great Plains for accounting functions, special ad hoc reporting for management, enter/upload journal entries and special projects. The most enjoyable part of my job is the ad hoc reporting. I have a strong interest in database reporting.
Pros
great co-workers
Was not what I expected
Provider Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka MNMay 21, 2015
Was not what I expected. I thought the job would be more of a data analyst position turned out to be creation of contracts from templates .
Great People, Great Environment, Great Events!
Sr. Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 18, 2014
I am a contractor in the IT department, the environment is really laid back, everyone is very friendly, and I've never felt like I am walking on pin-needles. They house fun events like canoe races and company picnics which is awesome and I always feel like a valued member of the company from all levels of management.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing