Medical Associates Employee Reviews

Productive and
Selden - Internship (Former Employee) –  Selden, NYOctober 18, 2017
A typical workday was very fast paced and full of things to do. I learned how to check patients in, schedule appointments, prepare patients for the doctor, and basic duties of a medical office. The management was very efficient and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the friendly team and friendly patients.
Pros
Free lunch on tuesday, friendly coworkers, friendly management
difficult work enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Selden, NYAugust 5, 2017
No lunch breaks or breaks. No management. Girls who work in the back are great. Stressful environment. Learned a lot, many tests. In house lab. Many interns.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
high stress
The people you work with are great. Some of the doctors are awesome up work with.
CMA (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 27, 2017
I loved working here until the past few years with all the Medicare changes to healthcare it has become more and more stressful with the focus turning to dotting your eyes and crossing your T's more than patient care .
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management doesn't listen to employees suggestions and won't compromise yo make things better.
friendly place to work and easy going
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 17, 2017
co workers a great office manager is absolutely amazing and understanding. Very busy work place, time goes by fast. i love my job but after being cured from cancer they did not give me full time and i need a full time job.
Pros
few hours
okay
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Selden, NYJuly 2, 2017
it was an okay work place. lots of procedures and learning bt not so much a good work envirement. people were nasty to patients and some parts were not clean.
Did not enjoy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 29, 2017
Was unfortunate to find out about work environment. Poor management staff, poor problem solving priorities. Workplace culture is non existent, overall a miserable environment.
Pros
Dress code
Great Co-workers
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 22, 2017
Most days I was very active doing exams throughout the day. During each exam you gather the patients order/paperwork, do the exam, review images, write your patients history/complaints and forward to the Radiologist. We worked 9 hour days with a 30 minute lunch. When it was still very busy on my scheduled time to leave I would stay until we were caught up.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the staff in my department. Good benefits.
Cons
No breaks during the day other than lunch. No opportunities for advancement, poor department management.
great
REFERRAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCJune 16, 2017
great wonderful atmosphere , love the people that work here, office operations run smoothly, great wages and benefits, very understanding and accommodating
Productive and friendly work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMay 31, 2017
Wonderful place to work especially if your good at multitasking. Have to work good independently and with a group. Very supportive and flexible. Good place to gain experience and move your career forward.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High heathcare cost
workplace culture
Receptionist/Medical Records Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 26, 2017
This was a excellent place to work. The doctors and co-workers were all nice and very helpful. I wish they would have remained open but the doctors decided to move out of state.
Competitive and fun
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 4, 2017
The work was fun and interesting to do. I was able to learn how to do time management and get the work done in a timely manner. I had fun with meeting new people and working with an awesome team. Patients would love coming there because we respected their privacy and helped when we could with them. I got to meet patients and got to know them. I loved the management there. We had a well established communication system that was highly respected by each and all.
Pros
Getting to meet others and helping out.
Cons
I wanted to work more hours.
Is was a slow place office
Accounts Receivable Specialist /Financial Creditor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31405April 11, 2017
This office was not a real busy office most of there patients where seen at the dialysis center or in the hospital. If was not a organized office it need to organization to be place in the office.
Pros
Some days
Cons
Some time you got a break
Very fast pace atmosphere
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 21, 2017
A Great place to work if you love interacting with people and like a fast pace environment. Each day if different and exciting. Co-workers are very upbeat and outgoing.
Not the best job.
Medical Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Some people are very unprofessional and no one can take responsibility for things that happen. Very low pay for no chance of advancement and few and far in between evaluations and pay raises.
Fast Paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Friendly co-workers, fast paced high volume office. Assisted in a variety in office procedures including punch biopsies and skin tag removals.
Healthcare
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 30, 2016
Working for an internalist was very educating. Wonderful to work with the providers, nurses, management. Raleigh Medical Associates had a research department, lab station, x-ray machine.
busy fast paced
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IADecember 13, 2016
It is a busy workplace, dealing with sick people, or people that require regular lab draws.

You are on your feet all day long.

You are also required to answer phones, data entry and administer drug screens
Daily chemo preparation and delivery to cancer patients.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 31, 2016
I functioned collaboratively with physicians in the planning and the implementation of patient treatment. Patient-related nursing responsibilities included patient/family education, drug preparation and administration, patient assessment for treatment toxicity, recognition and management of complications related to the catheter or infusion device, and telephone triage. Other duties more removed from patient care might include inventory management, research data collection and management, quality assurance and improvement, compliance with regulatory issues, and a myriad of other responsibilities. The transition of patient care to the outpatient setting has broadened the scope of nursing to include nonpatient care responsibilities due to financial constraints brought about by health care reform, changes in reimbursement patterns, and overhead required to maintain and deliver quality patient care.
Friendly atmosphere
Medical Assistant - Externship (Former Employee) –  Selden, NYAugust 6, 2016
A typical day at work would depend on what doctor was on. If our Pcp was in is was insanely crazy and busy, which I loved it made the day go bye much faster. If there was no doctor on which was only on Thursday. The office was slow and only 2 of us on. We were able to get a lot done and prep for the next day.
Pros
The reps brought us lunches at least 3 days a week
Cons
unpaid break
No growth
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work - Call patients as a reminder about appts

What I learn- good to help people

management- no good

co-workers- okay

hardest part of job- nothing

Enjoyable part of job - When you can put a smile on a patient face
Pros
Rewards