Medical Center Hospital Employee Reviews

My work place
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 20, 2015
I work evenings and it gets pretty crazy sometimes. We don't have tons of help and so I am back and forth from surgeries, ER and doing floor portables. It is a hectic work place, but I have learned so much from working here. I have learned that you have to be confident in all that you do. You work by yourself a lot. Surgery is my strong point and I absolutely love it. I get along with all the doctors and the staff. Medical Center in a Level II hospital so we see so much everyday, from oil field accidents to car accidents, etc.
Unsafe and unfair management
RRT (Former Employee), Odessa, TxAugust 1, 2015
Cons: No breaks, No help, terrible superior visors and director.
Cardiopulmonary management is ran unfair. They have no clue how to be a successful therapist. They are very unprofessional and talk down to you as if you were a kid. All about money and no concerns on patient care. New employees thrown into critical areas without proper training. They will send you home and not care about giving you hours even when it is busy. But on another note...Coworkers are the best. Good benefits.
Great coworkers but unsupportive management
RRT (Former Employee), Respiratory therapyJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great hospital and coworkers
Cons: Supervisors bully employees
Workloads are heavy and unsafe. Staff always being sent home having to use ppl to get 36hrs even if census doesn't call for it. No accountability for management. Supervisors retaliate against staff when pt. safety concerns are brought up. New employees rushed through training and left with critical pts without the proper training.
Great work place
maintenence (Former Employee), Jersey city njJuly 15, 2015
Working at medical center was one of the best experiences because everyday it was something new. I've learned a lot in my position doing maintenance which taught me responsibility and to have good judgment independently. The managers are great people and great leaders.
Workload
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Odessa, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: lack of quality patient care
The workload is not safe, pay is not enough considering the cost of living is outrageous here. There is not enough accountability within the organization.
Very fast pace but very enjoyable
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
I learned to be the best me I possibly could for the satisfaction of the patients and the staff. A typical day included at least one trauma in a 12 hour shift but I enjoyed
Great opportunity for forward thinking employees.
RRT (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and excellent retirement potential
I was given optimal opportunity at MCHS. I learned and benefit from the professional leadership at this hospital.

The work organization is structured in such a way that work is equally distributed at the beginning of the shift and periodically leveled by the lead therapist. It continues to be the responsibility of the therapist to check on peers for support.
Great hospital to work for only left because we moved back to Long Island
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: Fair workload, great coworkers
Cons: not many, the cafeteria was vegetarian only, but even that was great
Very busy Medical Records Department, wonderful co-workers and Director. Made life long friends and worked as a team. If anyone needed help we all pitched in to keep the office running smoothly.
Productive and exciting workplace
Divisional Secretary (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 12, 2015
Typical work day was busy, fast-paced. I learned an extensive amount about what it takes to run a hospital and how to handle finances. My co-workers were wonderful, eager and willing to help.
Break rooms, plenty of supplies
Anesthesia tech (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Most days no lunch, bad work hours.
Great work environment with friendly people. Management lacks care about employees, does not provide enough help for amount of work load. Overtime is acquired every week due to lack of staff. Love working with the patients and caring for their needs.
Great for a volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast and lunch for volunteers
Cons: Volunteers aren't paid
Was doing different things throughout volunteering. Free breakfast and lunch. Wonderful learning experience. All workers were appreciative of the help and friendly.
Productive job where people have compassion for others
Registrar (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: fast paced and professional enviroment
Cons: watching patients get diagnosed with cancer
Registered patients for mammograms. Verified insurance and demographic information. The most enjoyable was talking to all types of people. The hardest part is watching a patient walk out with the diagnosis of cancer. I've learned that breast cancer does not happen only to women. My coworkers were fun and great to work with. The supervisor was compassionate and great to have as a supervisor.
Hostile work environment
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), OdessaJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: miserable, too many ppl in positions theyre not qualified for
Didn't enjoy coming to work

HR Operation Director didn't know what she was doing. Was not qualified for that position. Made a lot of errors and didn't take ownership.

No Team or leadership

Executive Director, was not qualified for the position. She was given the position due to not enough qualified applicants for the positions. Very poor relationship and so called leadership with employee and staff. Not well liked by anyone, except the CEO of the hospital
Productive,Semi Happy People
Central Supply Clerk\Tech (Current Employee), Odessa, TXNovember 22, 2014
Cons: work doing lunch, get talked down to, no advancement in some areas
Typical is feeling crash carts And other life saving carts. stocking of Departments with the correct items for nurses to do their jobs. . Co-workers are hard workers. Meeting new people and working as a team
work here for experience then move on
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Odessa, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: newer equipment/ campus upkeep and appearance taken care of
Cons: short or no breaks/ heavy work loads/silly rules that make no sense and prolong patient care
work load extremely heavy; pay non commensurate; get your experience then move along as everybody does; upper and middle management squeezing everybody and everything to make a buck and stress everybody; all my co workers are super nice tho
its amazing how much i have learned and grown in the 12 years!!
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 21, 2014
I have been there for 12 years now, and i am always learning, there is always something new, new way of doing something, it keeps you on your toes!
My co-workers are great, its fantastic how we pull together to get the job done, taking care of the patient!
Fast paced environment
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working here and having the ability to interact with different patients and assist to make them better. This job really challenged my skills in medical assisting and phlebotomy.
Good place to earn entry level experience.
PC Tech Level II (Current Employee), Odessa, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers, benefits, and most end users
Cons: lack of communication and short notice on high priority issues.
A typical day at work is normally quite eventful. It will start with coffee and a morning meeting, then you'll rush off to complete your daily tasks. Projects will be thrown in to the mix and these plus your usual work keep you busy until lunch. Once you're back, you will continue with your tickets and nearing 5 o'clock, when you're ready to kick back and relax, someone will send a high priority update that breaks every application in the hospital. Keeping you there until it's finished. You can't leave this place without a little excitement before the end of the day.

I learned how to be politically correct around upper management.

The co-workers are absolutely the best part of the establishment.

The hardest part of the job, is definitely the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being thanked by the end users after solving an unbeatable issue on their work station.
Constant pressure high stress level job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Odessa, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: you can be off during the week if you needed to go to school, providing you supervisor approved.
Cons: if we even got a break, it was short, very hard to leave campus, stuck in a hospital 10 hrs a day minimum, the hierarchy, it's not what you know it's who you know
A typical day at work, was constantly worrying what we were going to be in trouble for that day.

I learned how to be professional in dealing with certain situations that weren't to my liking.

The management is terrible. In the 3 yrs I worked there we went through 3 managers and 3 supervisors, and when they decide to come in the dept, it's very rare to hear positive feedback. It seems all they have time to do is have meetings, and do audits...

Co workers were good.. We mostly all have the same personality so it was easy to get along with them

Hardest part of my job was dealing with the stress of just coming into work.. You never know when you're going to have a meeting with management. And when you got in trouble it was from 2 or 3 months ago where you couldn't remember why you did what you did because it had been so long.

The most enjoyable part is interacting with each other the employees were super nice there. And the patients were nice too. If you wanted to take a break or get away for a little bit you could go talk to a patient and make them feel better. It was rewarding in the sense that you knew they felt better when you left the room.
Benifits were good
members and other hospital staff (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at Medical Center Hospital. Hardest part of the job were the hours with it being a hospital. Cafeteria was nice had great food.