Medical Center Hospital

Medical Center Hospital Employer Reviews

Role as Staff Nurse CVICU
Staff Nurse - Open Heart Recovery (CVICU) (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: none i can think of
Worked as staff nurse in CVICU. This was a challenging position I did as a young nurse prior to becoming a manager.
it was a very productive bt unprofessional work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: i met alot of different people and enjoyed my self
Cons: the registered nurses did not treat there patients very well.
The Registered Nurses did not tend to the patients. They were lazy and did not do nothing. I had fun with all my patients and learned many new ways to tend to the patients. Even though it was unprofessional I woke up every night happy because I loved what I did. I also quickly noticed its the little things that the patients appreciate.
great place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 6, 2014
Ventilator/Mechanical, Administrative, problem solving, patient evaluation, General patient care, emergency care
Good Benefits
Lead Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 5, 2014
Okay place to build slow career. Will reap good rewards if your able to stay for 20 years
It is a stable place to work, it is also fun to work at some days
Unit Clerk/ Cna (Current Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: only a 10% discount on our food. we also have our a badge to charge our lunch or in the gift shop
Cons: only 30 min. for lunch, when we have time we do get a 15 min. break.
On some days it is fun to work, we are busy everyday, on the slow days is when we do more work on catching up.
horrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: short lunch, no communication, lack of management
The management in this establishment socks there is no structure there are too my chefs and not enough Indians there is way too much drama and the people are in your personal business the lab director was too worried about numbers and the budget instead of working about how the lab was ran. If we needed her to come help she would have no idea what to – more... do or what we were talking about she need to be made to get out from behind the desk and work in the lab a few hours a week. Over all the main people I worked with were amazing and I will miss them. – less
loved working with the co-workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 18, 2013
worked hard to give great service
looked forward to going in daily to be able to help people
Great group of people!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 6, 2013
This is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly. Everyone makes you feel very welcome and at home.
Very enjoyable place to work. Most Nurses and staff easy to get along with
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Odessa, TXNovember 3, 2013
Pros: enjoyed being told thank you, enjoyed the help and support from the nurses
Cons: being the only cna on the floor with 32 patients, short lunch break
I would start my 12 hour shift at 0630. It was my job to check on the patients and preform vital signs, and chart the results. I would then be called to different rooms to assist the patients with using the bath room, giving baths, and attending to their well being and making them as comfortable as possible. I would sometimes have to sit with a patient – more... who was suicidal, or had overdosed on drugs. I would also be sent to other floors to assist the nurses there. I have also been sent to NICU to assist with feeding and caring for infants. I have worked with PEDI with the toddlers.
I have learned to work with different machines that make taking vital signs easier, learned to accept people with different opinions from mine. I learned to multitask quite a bit. Enjoyed most of the co-workers that I worked with. Was able to get along with management just fine. The hardest part of the job was, dealing with the relatives of the person who was dying. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients who were upbeat anytime you saw them and the people being released to go home. I also enjoyed working in NICU and PEDI. – less
Productive and fun to work.
Chart Analyst - Medical Records (Former Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 11, 2013
* Busy everyday.
* I have learned new things everyday.
* Very supportive
* Team players
* Cannot read Doctor's hand writing.
* Going home at the end of day without pending work.
Student Nurse
Student Nurse Registry (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYSeptember 3, 2013
Working at the medical center as a student nurse I learned a lot about patient care. Although this was not the best experience the knowledge that obtained is amazing.
Typical M-F job
Registrar/Special Claims Collector (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 6, 2013
This was a Monday through Friday office job. I enjoyed the work but did not like the commute. I enjoy office work.
Wonderful place to work with great advancement opportunity
Asst LIS Coordinator/MLT (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJune 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: i cannot think of any!
This is the best place I've ever worked, I had many opportunity with this company and was compensated very well! The people were friendly and coworkers were more like family!

We were even able to use our namebadge to pay for lunches and gift shop purchases, via payroll deductions!

Lots of fun events and free tickets to baseball, football and hockey – more... games... – less
too much drama
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMay 2, 2013
Cons: no overtime allowed
The lab has a high turn around time for phlebotomist and after working there more than a year I understand why. There is always too much drama with in the employees, the pay is not enough and supervisors always tend to favor some workers. Its every man for them-self in that department.
producive
CST (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 25, 2013
Pros: breaks
day was easy
be on your toes
mangement ok
there was nothing hard
working with good good coworkers
teaching hospital
LVN FLOOR NURSE ON MED (Former Employee), step down icu and acute care floorApril 7, 2013
Pros: all
wonderful place to work and learn..wonderful support staff
Manage staff on 2nd shift
Department Manager (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 9, 2013
Pros: working with department heads.
Cons: unable to keep staffing levels consistant.
Work with supervisor to insure all work is completed and up to standards.
Work with other departments to see that any request are taken care of.
Inspect randomly the work done by my team.
Hardest part of the job is to keep staff.
Best part of the job is knowing how important the job is that staff does, and knowing it is done well.
Terrible work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), LabJanuary 31, 2013
The work environment is horrible!!!! People do not learn how to communicate with one another. The management really is no good if new phlebotomists start they go by what they say and they don't care about anybody about themselves. Basically it's a he said she said kind if situation. No wonder the lab has a big turn around in the department of the lab.
Productive Staff and Encouraging Management.
o Fitness specialist and Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 28, 2013
Very responsible, clean and productive place to work. Co workers were great and learned a lot from them. Hardest part of the job was working with disinterested clients. Most enjoyable part was the success clients achieved.
Medical Center Hospital
Help the Medical Staff (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch
This hospital is a great place to have life touching moments happen

About Medical Center Hospital

UCSF is a leading university that consistently defines health care worldwide by conducting advanced biomedical research, educating – Read more