Medical Center Hospital

Medical Center Hospital Employer Reviews

work here for experience then move on
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Odessa, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: newer equipment/ campus upkeep and appearance taken care of
Cons: short or no breaks/ heavy work loads/silly rules that make no sense and prolong patient care
work load extremely heavy; pay non commensurate; get your experience then move along as everybody does; upper and middle management squeezing everybody and everything to make a buck and stress everybody; all my co workers are super nice tho
its amazing how much i have learned and grown in the 12 years!!
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 21, 2014
I have been there for 12 years now, and i am always learning, there is always something new, new way of doing something, it keeps you on your toes!
My co-workers are great, its fantastic how we pull together to get the job done, taking care of the patient!
Fast paced environment
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working here and having the ability to interact with different patients and assist to make them better. This job really challenged my skills in medical assisting and phlebotomy.
Good place to earn entry level experience.
PC Tech Level II (Current Employee), Odessa, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers, benefits, and most end users
Cons: lack of communication and short notice on high priority issues.
A typical day at work is normally quite eventful. It will start with coffee and a morning meeting, then you'll rush off to complete your daily tasks. Projects will be thrown in to the mix and these plus your usual work keep you busy until lunch. Once you're back, you will continue with your tickets and nearing 5 o'clock, when you're ready to kick back – more... and relax, someone will send a high priority update that breaks every application in the hospital. Keeping you there until it's finished. You can't leave this place without a little excitement before the end of the day.

I learned how to be politically correct around upper management.

The co-workers are absolutely the best part of the establishment.

The hardest part of the job, is definitely the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being thanked by the end users after solving an unbeatable issue on their work station. – less
Constant pressure high stress level job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Odessa, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: you can be off during the week if you needed to go to school, providing you supervisor approved.
Cons: if we even got a break, it was short, very hard to leave campus, stuck in a hospital 10 hrs a day minimum, the hierarchy, it's not what you know it's who you know
A typical day at work, was constantly worrying what we were going to be in trouble for that day.

I learned how to be professional in dealing with certain situations that weren't to my liking.

The management is terrible. In the 3 yrs I worked there we went through 3 managers and 3 supervisors, and when they decide to come in the dept, it's very rare – more... to hear positive feedback. It seems all they have time to do is have meetings, and do audits...

Co workers were good.. We mostly all have the same personality so it was easy to get along with them

Hardest part of my job was dealing with the stress of just coming into work.. You never know when you're going to have a meeting with management. And when you got in trouble it was from 2 or 3 months ago where you couldn't remember why you did what you did because it had been so long.

The most enjoyable part is interacting with each other the employees were super nice there. And the patients were nice too. If you wanted to take a break or get away for a little bit you could go talk to a patient and make them feel better. It was rewarding in the sense that you knew they felt better when you left the room. – less
Benifits were good
members and other hospital staff (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at Medical Center Hospital. Hardest part of the job were the hours with it being a hospital. Cafeteria was nice had great food.
It is a good place just so understaffed that it is exhausing.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Odessa, TXMay 2, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: understaffed so no breaks
Most days i had to skip breaks to finish my work. That was due to being understaffed and cannot be happened.
I learned that some of the people can be quite nice, but most of the fellow phelbotomists are not.
The management was great they tried their best to get us all to help everyone, but they just could not get through. expecially since they could – more... not follow through with threat of firing, when so understaffed.
The hardest part would be trying to do 150 in one hour with only 2-3 people on the floor.
The most enjoyable part was meeting all the different people. – less
Role as Staff Nurse CVICU
Staff Nurse - Open Heart Recovery (CVICU) (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: none i can think of
Worked as staff nurse in CVICU. This was a challenging position I did as a young nurse prior to becoming a manager.
it was a very productive bt unprofessional work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: i met alot of different people and enjoyed my self
Cons: the registered nurses did not treat there patients very well.
The Registered Nurses did not tend to the patients. They were lazy and did not do nothing. I had fun with all my patients and learned many new ways to tend to the patients. Even though it was unprofessional I woke up every night happy because I loved what I did. I also quickly noticed its the little things that the patients appreciate.
great place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 6, 2014
Ventilator/Mechanical, Administrative, problem solving, patient evaluation, General patient care, emergency care
Good Benefits
Lead Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 5, 2014
Okay place to build slow career. Will reap good rewards if your able to stay for 20 years
It is a stable place to work, it is also fun to work at some days
Unit Clerk/ Cna (Current Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: only a 10% discount on our food. we also have our a badge to charge our lunch or in the gift shop
Cons: only 30 min. for lunch, when we have time we do get a 15 min. break.
On some days it is fun to work, we are busy everyday, on the slow days is when we do more work on catching up.
horrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: short lunch, no communication, lack of management
The management in this establishment socks there is no structure there are too my chefs and not enough Indians there is way too much drama and the people are in your personal business the lab director was too worried about numbers and the budget instead of working about how the lab was ran. If we needed her to come help she would have no idea what to – more... do or what we were talking about she need to be made to get out from behind the desk and work in the lab a few hours a week. Over all the main people I worked with were amazing and I will miss them. – less
loved working with the co-workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 18, 2013
worked hard to give great service
looked forward to going in daily to be able to help people
Great group of people!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 6, 2013
This is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly. Everyone makes you feel very welcome and at home.
Very enjoyable place to work. Most Nurses and staff easy to get along with
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Odessa, TXNovember 3, 2013
Pros: enjoyed being told thank you, enjoyed the help and support from the nurses
Cons: being the only cna on the floor with 32 patients, short lunch break
I would start my 12 hour shift at 0630. It was my job to check on the patients and preform vital signs, and chart the results. I would then be called to different rooms to assist the patients with using the bath room, giving baths, and attending to their well being and making them as comfortable as possible. I would sometimes have to sit with a patient – more... who was suicidal, or had overdosed on drugs. I would also be sent to other floors to assist the nurses there. I have also been sent to NICU to assist with feeding and caring for infants. I have worked with PEDI with the toddlers.
I have learned to work with different machines that make taking vital signs easier, learned to accept people with different opinions from mine. I learned to multitask quite a bit. Enjoyed most of the co-workers that I worked with. Was able to get along with management just fine. The hardest part of the job was, dealing with the relatives of the person who was dying. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients who were upbeat anytime you saw them and the people being released to go home. I also enjoyed working in NICU and PEDI. – less
Productive and fun to work.
Chart Analyst - Medical Records (Former Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 11, 2013
* Busy everyday.
* I have learned new things everyday.
* Very supportive
* Team players
* Cannot read Doctor's hand writing.
* Going home at the end of day without pending work.
Student Nurse
Student Nurse Registry (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYSeptember 3, 2013
Working at the medical center as a student nurse I learned a lot about patient care. Although this was not the best experience the knowledge that obtained is amazing.
Typical M-F job
Registrar/Special Claims Collector (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 6, 2013
This was a Monday through Friday office job. I enjoyed the work but did not like the commute. I enjoy office work.
Wonderful place to work with great advancement opportunity
Asst LIS Coordinator/MLT (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJune 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: i cannot think of any!
This is the best place I've ever worked, I had many opportunity with this company and was compensated very well! The people were friendly and coworkers were more like family!

We were even able to use our namebadge to pay for lunches and gift shop purchases, via payroll deductions!

Lots of fun events and free tickets to baseball, football and hockey – more... games... – less

About Medical Center Hospital

Cincinnati Children's is a 423-bed institution devoted to bringing the world the joy of healthier kids. Cincinnati Children's – Read more