Medical Center Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79761August 15, 2017
Great Hospital to work for. I have been an employee for almost 8 years. Holding on for my TCDRS. Teaching hospital and county hospital. I have work critical units ICU/CCU. Including chest pain center, stroke and telemetry. This hospital also has med/surg, NICU, and Cath Lab Center. Level II Trauma/ED, OR, PACU and Day Surgery.
Pros
Cerner
Cons
short staff
High turnover, low pay
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 14, 2017
They don't compensate well in pay, they over work you. Holidays are split, and 'Paid Vacation' Is hours you work to accrue and must be used for any and all absences (including holidays).
Cut throat and competitive
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 8, 2017
Most management is not supportive of staff. They prefer to promote and hire friends that already work within the system. The previous management from 4 years ago actually cared about the hospital. I am glad to have worked there but very fortunate to be gone.
great job
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 7, 2017
I loved this job. I learned a lot and was able to move up in jobs pay rate. I was able to learn, and this changed my life in many ways. car, education, credit. I would give anything to find a job like this again.
Pros
40 hour wks, yearly raises, education
Cons
Executive Director of Organizational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 11, 2017
Medical Center Hospital is truly a community hospital and the Leadership support that connection to the community. They are also focus on supporting the growth in their employees. I am retiring from the facility and have been very proud to work for this organization. The continually strive to provide a quality safe environment for the patients they serve.
helping people is very good for me
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  anteliasJuly 6, 2017
i work at antelias with a colleague we are so close from each other we work like one and we loved to be first in our profession
all we need is to treat right the client and to give them a good opinion
very place to start from
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 2, 2017
very good place to start working but little room for advancement. Hours are not guaranteed. pay employees poorly but, staff was friendly and welcoming.
Amazing hospital
Medical Asst (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 25, 2017
This medical asst. job helped me grow into the medical asst. I am today, I helped me be more helpful with patients and it was a great opportunity I would defiantly recommend this hospital
Good people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 21, 2017
Good opportunities for nurses of all levels. I would definitely recommend to new nurses as well as experience nurses. Good benefit available for full time positions.
First Impressions are Lasting Impressions
Implementation Consultant Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 14, 2017
One of the most well run health institutions in Texas. The clinicians embraced the new Electronic Medical Record with great enthusiasm.

They collaborated well and ensured their documentation was done correctly. They had a great Check and Balance system in place.

They were diligent and made sure the patient' care was a priority.
Pros
patient care high priority, Clean facility
Cons
My boss was terribley obnoxious
Assistant Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 4, 2017
The staff was very pleasant (this included the doctors,the nurses, the techs, the secretaries). The equipment was top not notch The workers and townspeople were very friendly.
My typical day consisted of looking a histology slides , interpreting chemistry results, interpreting microbiology results,and interpreting blood bank results..I spent time with the techs reviewing quality control measures.

I also spent time becoming acquainted with the doctors in order to address any concerns that they may have regarding the performance of the lab.I also met with the Med Techs to see if they had any problems. Out of my own pocket, I purchased educational materials for the techs to make them the bast !.
Big hospital, lots of rules
Clinical RN Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 20, 2017
As a new nurse, this was a very scary environment to start in! It felt like they were always threatening to "write you up" for small things that later I learned in other facilities were NOTHING.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 4, 2017
I started working as a CNA right out of high school. I started on nights and was welcomed by everyone there. They all became like part of my family. I decided to go back to school and finish my degrees and start a family of my own. After that it became too hard to balance work school and family on a 3rd shift schedule so I left work to be a stay at home mom until my divorce.
Rewarding fast-paced place to grow and work
Transfusion Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 24, 2017
MCH is a rewarding place to work for. While it is a county hospital the atmosphere is one that seems patient centered with a staff that comes together as a team.
Always short staffed in all departments except management.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 7, 2017
This place is notorious for cutting budgets, understaffing every department.

Unmanageable work loads, and excessive micromanagement.

Low morale and unsafe work loads, calling Safe Harbor will earn you a write up.
Cons
No breaks, always understaffed
Overall good place to work
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 3, 2017
Wonderful place to work for, everyone is like a family and know each other outside of the work environment. Only positive things to say about this hospital.
Pros
always had time for lunch
Cons
lunch was expensive
To much going on
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 31, 2017
It's a great place to work, but like everywhere else it has it advantages and disadvantages. Would I recommend MCH to someone else, if health care is your passion, yes. But, not for the pay or benefits, now the retirement opportunity is awesome. I stay very busy to the point that I need a change, but I have enjoyed working for MCH. Always a chance for advancement, if you your self are motivated to advance.
Pros
Friendly people, chance for advancment
Cons
healthcare, pay
excellent work place
CT/X-ray technologist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 31, 2017
I worked at MCH for 7 years and Loved it. They always treat the employees great. They also stay current with the latest technology in the healthcare industry.
Move on
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 21, 2017
Morale is definitely low! We are very understaffed and doesn't seem like it's going to get any better. We have unmanageable workloads and most of the time we don't get our breaks. Everyone is leaving because of the director.
Pros
Equipment, retirement plan, staff
Cons
director, understaffed, unsafe, workload, morale
Enjoyable Place
CENTRAL SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 13, 2017
Rewarding by working with hospital employees.
Fair compensation.
Start day with equipment rounds throughout the hospital.
Delivery of equipment throughout workday.
Work atmosphere and co-workers were great.