Medical Center of Arlington Employee Reviews

very clean
Patient Care Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 15, 2017
Medical Center Of Arlington is a very nice place to work. They really do show that they care about their staff and patients. very clean and helpful in very area or the hospital.
overall good hospital
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 24, 2017
overall good hospital. could use some improvement like every hospital. high turnover rate in management and staff. A Great group of people to work with.
Pros
friendly work place
Cons
understaffed
Highly productive and fast paced environment
Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Wonderful staff, team was highly proficient and an honor to work with. I learned how to prioritize and how to work in a fast paced environment within in very short period of time.
Family
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 2, 2016
Great place to work with people who care, fast paced hospital with opportunities for new learning and change.
Awesome
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2016
Arlington is lucky to have such an amazing staff in the ICU and is expanding to include a trauma unit. Awesome management.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 16, 2016
I enjoy hands on patient care which made my job so enjoyable. I learned so very much while working there. It was a nice place to work.
it is a great place to work, they have good people there.
Supervisor Leader (Former Employee) –  Environmental servicesJune 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to encourage people and pray for those in need, which was almost everyone.
What I did not like was the lack of team work in the EVS dept.
It was always busy and something or someone to help. Dealing with co-workers or other shifts not pulling their weight.
Pros
ever evolving
Cons
Too much drama
na
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work. Get report on patients on the floor and plans for the patients. Look and see who is waiting to be admitted to see if any is appropriate and meets criteria.
Good but stressful position
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 1, 2015
A very good entry level position, however it's not for everyone. Most jobs in the healthcare field are challenging at times.
Pros
Good experience, exercise communication skills
Cons
short breaks, money driven (collections)
Great Hospital
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 13, 2015
Great Hospital, especially their Labor and Delivery unit! Great RN's, decent pay, decent benefits. Management is good, the best part of the job is the people, the physicians.
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 8, 2015
This was my very first phlebotomy job, and first time working third shift. I loved working here. I've learned some much working with my coworkers during those years.
My director is great
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 14, 2015
My job in the float pool is very exciting, I get to know a lot of staff in every department. I learned various challenges everyday as I change assignment on a daily basis. Mca has a warm environment, people are friendly and accommodating. My director is just great, very understanding and works with all of with our schedule. The hardest part of my job is the stress of being placed in a different unit on a daily basis that is rather challenging too. Management is trying their best to support the need of each unit.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lack of help
great place to work
unit secretary/ pca (Current Employee) –  arlington, texasAugust 27, 2015
great place to work fun work place with supportive management not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected of a big company
Pros
great place to work
Cons
pay
Great place to work!
Radiology Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2015
Enjoyable work environment. Team atmosphere consistent in all procedures.
Management has increasingly worked to develop and improve my skills as a radiology technologist in the OR, fluoroscopy, and trauma.
Work in many departments including Routine diagnostics, Emergency, OR, Fluoroscopy, and Portable xrays.
Pros
Close to home, quick drive to work
Poor Management
CRCST TECH (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2015
Not enough staff for the workload. Management not concerned about the department shortcomings. No supervisor to run efficiently.
Fun place to work
Patient Reg (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 24, 2015
Love to work with various people. We are like a family. We are a stand alone Emergency Room so you really get to know your patients because we have alot of repeat patients.
Pros
family orientated
Cons
short breaks
Operating Room Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 26, 2015
The staff at MCA was wonderful and very helpful. It's ran very smoothly. All the departments work well together as a team.
MCA Review
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 28, 2015
Typical day consisted of cleaning, patient care, maintenance and other basic duties.
I learned about how to care for others. Not just physically, but emotionally as well. Management wasn't that great. My co-workers were nurses who didn't care that much for the patients. The hardest part of my job was when we got a bunch of patients at once and having to keep up with them all and make sure all of their information was entered into the computer the proper way. The most enjoyable part was getting to know patients and their different life stories.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Careless nurses
Productive, Professional and rewarding work environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Working at Medical Arlington Center was a great work environment, Doctors, Nurses, Housekeeping and Management positions were all important, it was like a body part, one could not function without the other. It was very professional and inviting atmosphere, everyone had respect for each other. Even, if the patients had a bad day due to some a bad medical report, the staff worked together to try to encourage the patient of just living for the moment. Sometimes it helped and there were other times the staff just had to deal with it, however, we all enjoyed our jobs.
Pros
Bonuses, secret money, talent shows, and employee day
Cons
Not enough money for secretaries
Na
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Good place to get your basics of case management. No complaints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Center of Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Center of Arlington Reviews by Location