Medical Center of Arlington

Medical Center of Arlington Employer Reviews

fun workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, TexasDecember 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Very rewarding place to work. Wonderful people to work with. Patient satisisfactory.
Learning Experience
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 9, 2013
I loved my hours I worked 0300-1130. I learned a lot from this job. It taught me leadership skills which I still used today. My manager was very cool and fun to work with. I enjoyed my co workers a lot. The hardest part for me at this job was quitting and moving on. The most enjoyable part of this job is that everyone was like family and that's hard – more... to find in a job. – less
THE COMPANY WAS CARING
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 2, 2013
Pros: they offer bonus
Cons: short breaks long hours
THEY HONOR THERE EMPLOYEES. THEY PROVIDE SPECIAL
GIFTS DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Great Teamwork
Scrub Tech (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 26, 2013
Pros: fun environment
My coworkers are the greatest team and the teamwork is exceptional. The work is fast paced, busy and also rewarding.
Good Experience
RRT (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2013
I always enjoy being a therapist no matter what comes my way. As a patient advocate I found that no matter what was going on in other parts of my life as soon as I went to the patient things got better.
great learning experience
Certified Surgical Technologist (Externship) (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great seminars
Cons: belittling of others
A great place to lean and experience different thing dealing with being a successful Certified Surgical Technologist
unhealthy work environment
Registered nurse ICU (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: incentives provided to work extra shifts
Cons: indicive management
Worked at this facility during 2002 in the Critical care environment. The setting was supported by new management and staffed primarily with agency. Hardest part of the job was delivering safe nursing care.
FIRST RESPIRATORY JOB
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: co workers where bullies
CO WORKERS BULLIES
GOOD NURSES
GOOD DOCTORS
FIRST HEALTH CARE JOB
TIME MANAGEMENT
I enjoyed working here because it allowed me to use my skills as a professional nurse
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great work schedule
Cons: after the new don arrived, all the lvns were let go despite all of their experience in acute care areas.
Worked PRN but usually worked 24-40 week...depending on schedule at home. Allowed me to work nights and weekends so I could be home with my little ones during the week. I worked med-surg, PCCU, post-partum, rehab. Able to grow as a nurse professionally.
There were some unethical management issues before I left there, but those people aren't there now.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 30, 2013
Difficult working conditions due to the unethical issues, but before that I enjoyed working there very much. I liked most of the people I worked with very much. That's why I worked there for 26 years.
The good enjoyable job, learn great experience working with team player, good place to lean about diversity population and culture
Clinical volunteer (Current Employee), 3301 Matlock RD Arlington, TX 76015June 29, 2013
Pros: free coffee and lunch
Cons: short break
Professional environment with high standards services. MCA is great place to work.
Student/Volunteer (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 26, 2013
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: fast-paced
Although I was just a student volunteer, I learned so much from all the different nurses in different sections of the hospital. Everyone was friendly and willing to answer questions.
Nice
Patient care tech (Former Employee), texasJune 11, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: small place
Very nice place very small nice people love the place you have to see it for yourself
MCA
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 24, 2013
Pros: job security, benefits
Cons: very few.
One of the best places I've worked for. The people were great, management seemed very organized.
Not Bad
Med / Surg RN (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: high patient staff ratio
Lots of patients per nurse. Prefer the surgery center. Worked nights and liked the nurses I worked with but felt like I could serve my patients better with lower nurse patient ratio.
Getting Better Every Day
Operating Room Manager, Interim Director (Current Employee), Arlington, TexasFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: extended hours
The Exec Team is supportive and a joy to work with. The Surgeons are terrific. The extended working hours and 24/7 call for the managers is not an ideal experience with teenagers and the work/life balance is lacking.

The best part about MCA is the incredible compassion the Nurses and Physicians have for their patients.
good place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 26, 2013
started staff nurse med/surg carrier there, learned alot and very helpfull esp the charge nurse at that time.
Very busy operating room
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 13, 2012
Pros: busy
Cons: small amount of staff able to scrub all specialty areas
Chance for broadening your knowledge in a variety of specialties. Good work flow.
Productive, stressful and fun place to work
Staffing Coordinator (PRN) (Former Employee), Arlington, TexasSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free lunches, rallies, christmas parties, picnics
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work would be first opening up your email to keep up with updates. Touch bases with House Supervior to get update on if hospital units are fully staffed for the morning or short of nurses for the morning. After which you start calling nurses or techs to come to work for 7a-7p shifts if shortage. After certain time of day, you began – more... working on 7p-7a shift making sure that all units are covered for that shift. You work closel with an agency to make sure if extra nurses are needed you have everything covered that night shift. You recheck to make sure if you have enough nurses or techs and if you do at a certain hour you fax staffing to different units. Meanwhile, you answer calls inbetween because you have employees call in sick.
The hardest part of the job: when you spend half of your morning getting nurses or techs to come in for 7a-7p shift because the units do not have enough employees per ratio of patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is you gain so much knowledge from everyone you come into contact with. You learn about their families and gain the knowledge of medical terms you only heard about but actually in the middle of everything. – less
Busy place to work
PCT (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 16, 2012
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: no advancement
Very busy place to work