Medical Center of Central Georgia Employee Reviews

I enjoy being a secretary
Clinical Tech II ( Unit Secretary) (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 22, 2017
A busy work day learned how to work on a very fast pace Manager was understanding never made a difference as a team or an individual the hardest is multitasking.I loved communicating with everybody employees and outsiders.
Pros
Always got treated to lunch.
Cons
Sometimes never had a break but was prepared
Satisfied with current position
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Byron, GAAugust 4, 2017
I was blindsided by my abrupt job status change. Moving from fulltime to prn is difficult but I understand future needs for the center. I had my personal goals for fulltime work but Im thriving
Pros
Smaller family work environment
Cons
Or/ endo/ vascular being in the red prevents working more
Medical of central GA
Med Tech Extender (Former Employee) –  Macon gaAugust 2, 2017
I love my job i work a 7 on 7 off but when the other person needed off you had to work the there shift and your shift as well witch i loved my check was so big i loved it
Pros
free food
Cons
we got breaks and lunches
nice
Clinical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 2, 2017
A typical day at work was productive and nice . I learned how to work on the computer and much more .I didn't have a hard time working there. there was nothing bad about this job.
Pros
times
Cons
pay to park
staff was always finding things
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  777 hemlock streetJune 28, 2017
the medical center was a job where nothing was never good enough. they never had anything good to say always negative, the area I worked serving people food they were never satisfied .
Pros
You met different people.
Cons
No room for Growth
Health Information Technician/Coder (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 24, 2017
Great organization where you can interact with many employees and learn from each other to better the organization and therefore increase the quality of our work.
Great company to work with.
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 8, 2017
My typical day consisted of processing insurance claims and preparing patient for surgical procedures. Due to working under close supervision of managers, I learn many skills that fine tuned my customer service to patient.The work place culture was often fast but efficient due to teamwork. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to stay busy throughout the day.
Medical center of central georgia opened up so many opportunities for me
Laboratory Technician I (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 15, 2017
I loved everything about this place. I always felt back in the 1970's this hospital was so ahead of its time. I was lucky to be part of the first to implementation of the Laboratory Information System: SunQuest. We went from so many manual processes to full automation. Thank you, MCCG.
Old unit, revolving door for nurses, mediocre management
Critical Care and Rapid Response Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 2, 2017
Nurses are in and out. Usually come to get experience then leave. The unit is full of new grad nurses which can be extrememly dangerous. Management does not back up nurses.
Making a difference
Basic Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 24, 2017
I felt I was able to make a difference in the lives of the partients we treated. I cannot give current information as I resigned in 2002 and the EMS has changed hands.
Complex working environment
Computer Tech II (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 10, 2017
End user support for 1000 plus employees consisted of daily troubleshooting of complex software on split network protocols TCPIP and IPX-SPX. troubleshhoot printers,network,software,phones. Management was understanding, workplace was fast paced, hard to handle amounts of trouble daily problem tickets, employees were always patient and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Excellent learning facility
Cons
To few technicians for work load
Excellent workplace.
Medical Receptionist/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Great work place, excellent employees and great team players. Very patient and family oriented know matter of your race or religion everyone treated equally.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
none.
Driven by quality, management takes hands on approach
Director (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 2, 2017
A great place to work and many employees stay until they retire. The culture is patient focused and based on just culture philosophy.
My work environment is productive and safe
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 2, 2017
My typical work day is busy and productive. My co-workers are all proactive and we work well together as a team. The hardest part of my job is seeing people go through hard and difficult times, but the best part is knowing that they have come to the right place.
Pros
Helping others.
Cons
The long comute to work, but it is worth is
Productive and fun work place
2nd Shift Inpatient Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 21, 2016
The Medical Center Of Central Georgia is a large acute care hospital. Many types of procedures are daily performed at MCCG, except transplants. Each day is a learning experience. Physicians, Nurses, patients and co-workers; we all exchange information to provide excellent patient care. Always, I must remember each individual has pride and emotions.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria food
Cons
Sometimes forgot which deck I parked my car.
Medical Center Nurse
Transfer Center Nurse (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 13, 2016
Very busy hospital with very high expectations of nurses. You see many different types of patients with very different diagnosis. Extremely challenging workplace.
No advancement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 5, 2016
There is no advancement opportunities within this organization. The individuals that work hard are overlooked which causes low morale and high turnovers.
good place to learn
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 27, 2016
Great place for training but slow and weak management. Available training classess in fields specialized in. I enjoy patients but need more renovations and supplies to take care of clients.
Pros
training
Cons
poor management
work place
Phlebotomy Technician ASCP / Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 20, 2016
I just need mor flexible hours to work with my schooling. My current job is trying to but its just to hard for me to work full-time.
Staff Nurse
ED Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 12, 2015
Provide the most effective medical care to patients in a fast paced environment. Learning in an academic medical center environment.
Pros
Ist nursing job
Cons
Home town/Needed to expand my horizons