Medical Center of Central Georgia Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
2nd Shift Inpatient Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 21, 2016
The Medical Center Of Central Georgia is a large acute care hospital. Many types of procedures are daily performed at MCCG, except transplants. Each day is a learning experience. Physicians, Nurses, patients and co-workers; we all exchange information to provide excellent patient care. Always, I must remember each individual has pride and emotions.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria food
Cons
Sometimes forgot which deck I parked my car.
Medical Center Nurse
Transfer Center Nurse (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 13, 2016
Very busy hospital with very high expectations of nurses. You see many different types of patients with very different diagnosis. Extremely challenging workplace.
Ten plus years of an educational work environment
Registered Nurse (RN), Charge Nurse, DBE (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 7, 2015
The MCCG is a level one hospital and teaching facility. Many opportunities to advance and work in various departments.
Pros
Very large organization, pro-teaching and competitive salary
Cons
Restructuring and job cuts causing low morale
No advancement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 5, 2016
There is no advancement opportunities within this organization. The individuals that work hard are overlooked which causes low morale and high turnovers.
Good job but low pay.
Lab Courier (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 21, 2012
Management is good and very helpful. You start your day usually without any management present because they trust us to do our work. Work is very upfront and not hard. You have to be careful and follow all the regulations because you are transporting medical specimens i.e. blood, urine, stool, tissue, etc. You do get all the support you need to do the job. There is not really any room to advance as a courier but you can apply for a different position in the hospital. The pay is way below that of couriers for LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics in the area.
Pros
good people, good benefits
Cons
low pay poor advancement
work place
Phlebotomy Technician ASCP / Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 20, 2016
I just need mor flexible hours to work with my schooling. My current job is trying to but its just to hard for me to work full-time.
Enjoyed my job
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 16, 2014
Starting bright and early at 7 am I greeted my fellow co-workers and depending what time our rooms started we would help each other get rooms ready and on very few occasions get to eat breakfast with each other. The physicians were friendly and very willing to teach if needed. What I learned is that it doesn't matter what your badge says people are equal. My manger was awesome and always understanding with anything that came up. I loved my co-workers and we all got along very well. I still talk to some of them now. The hardest part of my job was seeing the patients waiting on the physicians to start with their procedure. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to joke and cut up with co-workers management, and physicians.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay
Stressful like any other job
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 9, 2013
A typical day is a stressful day. I have learned alot working there. Management is constantly changing therefore, it is difficult to comment on it. Morale is low at the present time; the company is experiencing financial hardship like many organizations. The hardest part of the job is taking on new duties everyday. Less staff--but more work. For the most part, I like the type of work that I do.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits, many coworkers are not friendly
decent job just not so great management
Evvironmental services tech II (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 31, 2012
A typical day at work has lots to do, but usually is not too overbearing. Ive learner some new trades working on the floors, but the management in some departments are not too great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of communication.
Pros
large hospital, lots of walking which is is good workout everyday
Cons
benefits are horrible, bad management, no communication
A typical day at work
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 30, 2014
A typical day at works consists of beginning with bedside reports, then patient assessments, followed by charting pt assessments, then usually I begin passing put morning medications until about 9- to 10:00 am. Depending on the patient, IVs may have to be started, other medications given, wound care changes are not uncommon. Surgical patients require more pan control as well as disconnecting JP drains and wound changes. I make sure they are ambulating with physical therapy, and all of my patients are receiving adequate nutrition. 2 or 3 patient discharged may be required in one day, and generally, I receive new pts, which require assessments and medication. I'm required to view all pt orders, as well as check the pt's lab values, and whatever else I am required to do.
Pros
great staff and team work
Cons
low compensation
productive
Cytology Tech assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 2, 2015
on time.. learning ne things every minute on the hour... management is excellent.. co-workers are very helpful..hardest part of this job is the overload of work.. being focused on what you doing is very important..i enjoy this job because it helps others
If you enjoy healthcare and fast paced enviroment that this is a good job to have.
(Director) Marlene Allen (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 15, 2014
A typical work night for me involves taking care of patients with mental/physical disabilities. This includes, and is not limited to, personal hygiene, changing their beds, behavior modification, assisting nurses administer medicines, taking vital signs, charting vital signs, safety for all patients, and reporting to the nurse.
The hardest part of the job is working the night shift. No matter how much I sleep during the day I am always tired. I enjoy helping people and it touches my heart to do that for them.
My coworkers are all different but because I work nights I do not get to work with them regularly.
Pros
great benefits and pay.
Cons
lack of team work. no consistency in schedules or room to advance.
The Medical Center of Central Ga
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GaOctober 1, 2013
MCCG is a very busy hospital. It is a level 1 trauma center. I worked the weekend night shift. Saturday-Monday 7p-7:30a.
I was able to learn quite a bit from this facility, mainly how to adapt during trauma situations. Thinking outside the box was critical to being able to get diagnostic films on patients in difficult situations. I also was the surgery tech for my shift so i was able to follow a trauma patient from the trauma bay, to the O.R, to recovery. This was a unique experience. Management was scarse at night, which made for a more laid back setting. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work load. However, this helped me increase in quality and efficeincy at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was were my co-workers. We had a good working chemistry.
No comment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 2, 2014
The only thing I enjoy about working for MCCG is being a part of my patients' healing process. I would not recommend this employer. I do not feel MCCG values their employees. Employees are not treated fairly. I have no other comments to make.
Cons
management, compensation lowest in area
Managed Health Care environment
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Macon, GaAugust 1, 2013
Working in the Information Services arm of the hospital is like working with most other companies. Although, working as a Computer Operator/Security analyst here has introduced me to a new set of regulations, programs and equipment than I experienced before.

In the three years I have been there I have seen how quickly policies, standards and direction can change with new Management.

The people I work with are very professional and for the most part easy and fun to work with.
Pros
great environment and very friendly co-workers.
Cons
health insurance for part-time employees is higher than for full time, changes in operational priorities in a short amount of time has caused personnel issues.
productive and busy
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  macon, gaJuly 24, 2015
I worked with the patients in dietary I delivered their meals and educated them on their specific diets. when I first come in I check my patients diet report which I get a new one for every 3 meals breakfast, lunch and dinner I check to make sure their diets are still the same because a lot of times patients diets change depending on their health or if they have procedures coming. I have to also let the patients know what is allowed on their diets for example salt or sugar.
General Maintenance II
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 5, 2015
We provide doctors with a first class facility to operate. We have several outer buildings that hosted many doctors. We renovated the ICU in house and saved the hospital thousands of dollars.
Pros
Level 2 Trama Center
Cons
For Profit
Excellent Level 1 Facility
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 4, 2013
The Medical Center provides outstanding patient care that management does not seem to appreciate...empolyees tend to feel under valued.....
Pros
great teaching facility
Cons
benefits are terrible and useless
Staff Nurse
ED Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 12, 2015
Provide the most effective medical care to patients in a fast paced environment. Learning in an academic medical center environment.
Pros
Ist nursing job
Cons
Home town/Needed to expand my horizons
Secretary/Receptionist
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 25, 2013
Responsible for scheduling, confirming orders and protocols for procedures, conferring with doctors and radiologists, responsible for relaying patient reports to appropriate doctors and/or facilities, filing, managed lawyer requests for records, maintained QA on Nighthawk reports. Managed phone requirements. My supervisor was great. Loved my co-workers. Getting everything done before end of day. Great work environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
downsizing the department

Medical Center of Central Georgia Reviews by Location