Medical Center of Central Georgia

Medical Center of Central Georgia Employer Reviews

If you enjoy healthcare and fast paced enviroment that this is a good job to have.
(Director) Marlene Allen (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay.
Cons: lack of team work. no consistency in schedules or room to advance.
A typical work night for me involves taking care of patients with mental/physical disabilities. This includes, and is not limited to, personal hygiene, changing their beds, behavior modification, assisting nurses administer medicines, taking vital signs, charting vital signs, safety for all patients, and reporting to the nurse.
The hardest part of the – more... job is working the night shift. No matter how much I sleep during the day I am always tired. I enjoy helping people and it touches my heart to do that for them.
My coworkers are all different but because I work nights I do not get to work with them regularly. – less
Productive place to work
OP Coder Auditor/Analyst (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 14, 2014
Very good place to work. Good environment to work in. Family oriented.
Average
STAFF RN (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Extremely high stress environment. Great for experience, management poor.
No comment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Cons: management, compensation lowest in area
The only thing I enjoy about working for MCCG is being a part of my patients' healing process. I would not recommend this employer. I do not feel MCCG values their employees. Employees are not treated fairly. I have no other comments to make.
Great Job
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Macon, GeorgiaNovember 30, 2013
Pros: exciting, great pay
Cons: you could not make a mistake
I loved this job and my co-workers. One minute it would be very calm and the next we would have an emergency then everyone was working together to get blood to someone in the ER or the OR that needed it. We all worked very well together. We knew our jobs and everyone was very professional.
Friendly & helpful
RN (Current Employee), Macon, GANovember 6, 2013
very fast paced, no more than 5 patients at one time, but with alot of discharges & admissions. Nurse dream schedule, was easy to get days you needed off, never pressured to work more, never flexed off.
Secretary/Receptionist
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Macon, GAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: downsizing the department
Responsible for scheduling, confirming orders and protocols for procedures, conferring with doctors and radiologists, responsible for relaying patient reports to appropriate doctors and/or facilities, filing, managed lawyer requests for records, maintained QA on Nighthawk reports. Managed phone requirements. My supervisor was great. Loved my co-workers. – more... Getting everything done before end of day. Great work environment. – less
Work is intense and balance is difficult
Assistant Vice President of Surgical/Woman/Cancer (Current Employee), Macon, GAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: experience and exposure
Cons: intense amount of work to be done
Proactive organization that is preparing for health care changes. The people are kind and pleasant. Co workers are been together for a long time. Hardest part of the job is being good at doing everything. Enjoyable part is learning new ways of doing things.
The Medical Center of Central Ga
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Macon, GaOctober 1, 2013
MCCG is a very busy hospital. It is a level 1 trauma center. I worked the weekend night shift. Saturday-Monday 7p-7:30a.
I was able to learn quite a bit from this facility, mainly how to adapt during trauma situations. Thinking outside the box was critical to being able to get diagnostic films on patients in difficult situations. I also was the surgery – more... tech for my shift so i was able to follow a trauma patient from the trauma bay, to the O.R, to recovery. This was a unique experience. Management was scarse at night, which made for a more laid back setting. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work load. However, this helped me increase in quality and efficeincy at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was were my co-workers. We had a good working chemistry. – less
Teaching Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Macon, GASeptember 19, 2013
great environment to grow and learn in all fields of health care... see summary under work eperience
Stressful like any other job
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee), Macon, GAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: benefits, many coworkers are not friendly
A typical day is a stressful day. I have learned alot working there. Management is constantly changing therefore, it is difficult to comment on it. Morale is low at the present time; the company is experiencing financial hardship like many organizations. The hardest part of the job is taking on new duties everyday. Less staff--but more work. For the – more... most part, I like the type of work that I do. – less
DIVERSE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Cardiovascular Technician iv (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches, inservices, educational promotions;
Cons: short breaks 30min 12 hr shift; poor budget funding
ASSESSMENT OF CABG PATIENTS; EEG MONITORING; EDUCATIONAL BASED FACILITY; MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE DAY WAS THE LEARNING EXPEREINCE
Managed Health Care environment
Computer Operator II (Current Employee), Macon, GaAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great environment and very friendly co-workers.
Cons: health insurance for part-time employees is higher than for full time, changes in operational priorities in a short amount of time has caused personnel issues.
Working in the Information Services arm of the hospital is like working with most other companies. Although, working as a Computer Operator/Security analyst here has introduced me to a new set of regulations, programs and equipment than I experienced before.

In the three years I have been there I have seen how quickly policies, standards and direction – more... can change with new Management.

The people I work with are very professional and for the most part easy and fun to work with. – less
Many diverse opportunities
Point of Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Macon GeorgiaJuly 26, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: ever changing regulations
I worked many different jobs over many years at the Medical Center, so there really wasn't a "typical" day for me. I learned much about many regulatory agencies from CLIA, COLA, JCAHO to CAP. I learned how to write policies and procedures. Maintain quality control and quality assuarance.
Most enjoyable part of my job, was the pride each office took – more... in maintaining their part in the regulatory process and having great inspections!
Hardest part, maintaing 26 physician offices! – less
great place to work
Health Information Management HIM Specialist (Current Employee), Macon, GAJuly 8, 2013
I enjoy working here at the medical center. I just wanna learn different thing. I have been working this job for 15 yrs and 9 mo. and its just no moving up, so i feel like Im ai a stand still. I love working with my co-workers.
Challenging and fast-paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Medical/SurgicalJuly 6, 2013
Nice place to be employed. I learned many skills and met many interesting individuals. Ability to self-motivate is a must. Multi-tasking was an important part of this position.
Great Learning Experience!
Transitions Departmental Intern (Current Employee), Macon, GAMay 29, 2013
The Medical Center is a great place to learn and work on your career.
overall fun workplace excellent benefits
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), MAApril 22, 2013
I loved working with my co workers
managent was okay , The hardest part of my job was having to deal with a lot of uncessary things
Good time management
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 26, 2013
A typical day at the Medical Center is busy. But me and my co workers work fluently together and well as team. The hardest part of my job is not being able to save a life. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact one on one with patiences and encouraging them that everything will be ok.
Excellent Level 1 Facility
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: great teaching facility
Cons: benefits are terrible and useless
The Medical Center provides outstanding patient care that management does not seem to appreciate...empolyees tend to feel under valued.....