Medical Center of Lewisville

Medical Center of Lewisville Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work!
PRN Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 24, 2016
From top to bottom, this hospital has some of the best staff I've seen in a long time. They're as committed to their employees as they're to patients. I highly recommend!!!
Pros
Opportunity to grow as a clinician!
Cons
Can't think of any right now!
Great Place
Office Manager / Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Primarily responsible for managing and assisting the AVP of Musculoskeletal Services and the Director of Rehab Services with administrative and sales support tasks relating to Rehabilitation Department.
They care about their employees
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 17, 2016
I have worked for big companies before. I have never worked for one that actually cared about their employees. MCL is a great place to work.
learn alot, a productive place
hospitality associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 14, 2015
lots of walking had 65 patients or more to see 4 days work and 3 days off.. hardest part of my job was not able to give what customer/patient wanted because of there diet ...co-workers where fun to be around helpful and respecful..
Had good employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 4, 2015
Had employees that always worked together as a team. We started with two schedulers then grew the department to 8 schedulers and centralized the scheduling for the whole hospital.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no cons
Great organization culture
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  LewisvilleSeptember 5, 2015
I loved the team work and culture as a staff nurse in the Emergency Department of Medical Center of Lewisville. My boss encouraged me to apply for the Clinical Educator position after 8 months in the ED. MCL creates a culture of opportunity and encourages each nurse to continue to grow as a professional. I loved my experience as the Educator at MCL, and am ready for additional growth in the healthcare industry.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Compensation
Family-like & Close-knit Facility
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 23, 2015
Nursing can be a very demanding and stressful profession. However, it is substantialy easier to handle with such helpful and knowledgeable coworkers, as those at Medical Center of Lewisville (MCL). On more days than not, your day is over just as quickly as it began; in other words, the job is very upeat and fast-paced. Patient-to-nursing ratios depend upon acuity and unit, but are generally acceptable and safe. There is always oppurtunity for advancement for hard-working and highly accountable seeking individuals. Management, for the most part, is very accessable and involved with staff; with exception of a relatively new unit that is connected to the main hospital. MCL just received Magnet status early in 2015. Since, this hospital is a small, but expanding, community-based hospital it is very close-knit and has family-like feel that is highly welcoming!
Pros
Close-knit and team-oriented coworkers; Magnet-status
Cons
Short-staffed; Poor management on developing unit connected w/ MCL
Helpful co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Medical Center of LewisvilleJuly 4, 2015
Working 8 hrs on a day with 1 hr break. Our management recognize our contributions to company. I am enjoying working with my co-workers. They are very friendly and helpful each other.
Pros
Holiday free lunch
I was a student nurse
student nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 30, 2014
It was a rewarding experience to not only perform the nursing interventions with our nurses but to get real-time experience about what transpires on the hospital floors and how to deal with them.
horrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 26, 2014
It was a great place to work until the current management took over.If you have an opinion on how you think the department should be run forget it. The current management only wants it there way. You also must watch what you say to fellow employees if there feelings are hurt you are gone.
Pros
nurses are great
Cons
bad management
Worst "leadership" ever
EVS Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 24, 2014
Horrible management. An arrogant group that don’t have enough sense to get in out of the rain and yet sit around and pat themselves on the back all while forcing employees to perform 2-3 full time positions. Ask for help and you’re not a team player and will be black balled. Deceitful, conniving and worst of all will set your career back 10 years.
Worked here in 2003
Labor & Delivery RN (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 23, 2014
It was over 10 years ago, but such precious memories, working in Labor & Delivery.
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 14, 2013
Enjoy the work and love the people. The companies mission and values are a priority.
Great starting point that allowed for growth.
Supply Chain Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TexasOctober 11, 2013
I only worked at Medical Center of Lewisville for six months due to being internally promoted to Medical City of Dallas Hospital but gained a lot while I was there. I learned a great deal about shipping and receiving, purchasing, and customer service.
Great staff to work with
Health and Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 16, 2013
I really liked working here. I like the people and the culture.
fun place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 14, 2013
you learn that there's a lot about working in a hospital kitchen ,the fact that you learn people are allergic to a lot of things ,meeting the doctors ,nurses ,board members ,and other staffs was a good experience
Great co-workers!
Registered Nurse- ICU (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 27, 2013
I have learned so much from working at this hospital. I was fortunate to be a part of starting the cardiovascular services, and being able to care for patients after cath lab procedures and CABG surgery. I have also seen and learned so much from the wide variety of patients that come to the ICU.
The management is great, but some times can be over involved.
The co workers are awesome and are extremely helpful. Team work is one of the things I like about this hospital.
The hardest part of the job is the small tasks that get in the way of being able to spend the most time with the patients. But seeing the patients recover, that is the reward.
High exspections with little support but good staff
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 28, 2012
Over loaded with 15 patients or more because of short staff
bathing, vitals, and ambulation. Good team work though with staff.
Pros
schedule yourself
Cons
hardtime gettting you hours in