Medical Center of McKinney Employee Reviews in United States

No upper level support
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 13, 2016
Good benefits . Great service for senior., great passion for working with seniors. Not a lot of upper management support. Was new dept. of hospital & there was not a lot of support offered
Wonderful providers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Best providers I have ever worked for. Constant changes in new supervisors causing job dutied to change often. Great patient to work with. Nice facility. Hospital supports continued education. Some coworkers very nice.
Pros
Supports continued education
Cons
Constant change in employees
Fun and stressful Environment with amazing co-workers.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE - ED (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 8, 2016
A typical night was fun, stressful, and always a learning experience.
Co-Workers were amazing. The nursing staff and physicians were the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
The hardest part of the position, in the emergency room was always
the sickness of the patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and their families.
HCA is great
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 27, 2015
Great environment co worker wise, very team oriented and genuine caring staff. More importantly the corporation behind is cares about their employees' happiness.
Professional environment and recieved education and experience
laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with the professionals at Medical Center of McKinney, I received life long working experience that will serve me well. I left due to my husband's illness and cared for him for over two years.
Got experience to be in Healthcare enviorment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mckinney, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Assigned work finished in time given and learned to fax, filling, and shelving Medical records. Got experienced in HR department along with HIM, and publishing department.
Pros
Learned terminology used in communication
Cons
Always wanted to learn more so find no cons
Radiology Aide (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Great place to work for and great people to be around. The patient volume is good for the size hospital it is. Supportive management. Nice Clean Facility. Room for growth in the HCA family. GOOD FOOD.
OB Scrub Tech (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 3, 2015
Very busy unit. Co-workers always willing to help. Staff very friendly. Never a dull moment. Management has an open door.
Mht
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 3, 2015
Working here was very rewarding because I was able to help civilians in their most vulnerable moments and help them with recovery.
Medical Center of Mckinney
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 5, 2015
I loved working at Medical Center of Mckinney, good doctors, great coworkers, always learned something new, it was very challenging and productive.
Great Place
SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Various things going on. Not a lot of diversity. Could use more diversity. Interned for this company. Learned a lot about mental health population.
Pros
free lunches
not a great place to advance, raises are scarce
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 29, 2015
daily pharmaceutical routines, learned all I could, and took pride in my work. great coworkers.
The hardest part was working for a company for 6 years and not receiving raises because of company issues, or when you did it wasn't worth it.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
raises
Fast paced environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mckinney, TexasDecember 28, 2014
Typical day includes staring a 12-13 hour shift. During the day shift you would assist RN's in patient care. Pass meals, take blood sugar, take vitals, give baths, and overall care. Hardest part of the job was there was not enough care to be given to patients, here you would have 22 patients to personally take care of. Most enjoyable was having 4 days off.
Fun environment and amazing nurses
ICU Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 16, 2014
The Nurses were mostly great to work with. I loved my work environment in the ICU. The hospital in general was a awesome environment. I had great Supervisors and Managers. Everybody there were team players and down to earth staff for the most part.
Pros
working environment and staff were amazing!
Cons
sometimes work overload was too much.
Learnt a lot working here
Public Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXOctober 7, 2014
I have completed 10 years of service with HCA, out of which I worked 2 years for PARALLON assisting with Government Programs such as Texas Medicaid, Social Security/Disability as well as County Indigent Programs and Affordable Care Act.
Not the best job ever...
RPT (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 12, 2014
The pay is not competitive compared to other hospitals in area. Work load is overwhelming due to lack of staff. A big portion of hospital staff are unhappy working there.
love working here
❸ Relief charge nurse (Current Employee) –  labor and deliveryAugust 10, 2014
Nurse manager is fantastic and I love working with such an educated and professional team. Definetly a healthy work environment
Productive and fun workplace
CT/MRI Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at work would be: clock in, review patient schedule, bring down patience, go to lunch, clock back in and current patient schedule and bring them down, clean area, and clock out.
I learned a lot about people interaction, medical terminology, teamwork and patient care.
My coworkers were the best. The team was very diverse, and it was the diverseness that I enjoyed.
The hardest part of the job was probably moving a large patient.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patient.
Nothing made me more happy than to explain to a frightened patient a procedure that wasn't fully explained to them. To be able to put them at ease and calm them. To be able to make their experience a more informative and enjoyable one.
Pros
meeting all kinds of people from all walks of life
Cons
short lunches
Overall good place to work, good management and great benefits.
Food Service Worker/Porter (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 25, 2014
I enjoyed working there because the overall purpose of it was to help people and make sure the patients were satisfied with their stay. A typical day consisted of washing dishes, retrieving the patients food and working the trayline. On trayline I made sure the patient's food tray was well organized and had all the condiments that coordinated with their specified diet. I also drove the delivery van from the Medical Center to the Rehabilitation Center a few miles away and served the food there. Management was attentive and seemed to sincerely care about their employees. The most difficult part of the job for me was the hours. Often times I would work 4 consecutive doubles in a row which could be tiresome. I would say my favorite part of the job was knowing it was for a good cause which was helping to care for the patients by making sure they received the correct meal and had it delivered on time. This, absolutely made it worth it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
difficult hours
Mckinney Medical Center
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 7, 2013
Medical Center of Mckinney TX,Clinical rotations focused on ER and trauma imaging
Outpatient studies assessing pre/post surgical conditions

Medical Center of McKinney Reviews by Location