Medical Center of McKinney Employee Reviews

Recreational Therapist
Psychiatric Treatment- Recreational Therapist PRN (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work, your co-workers are like family. Everyone is helpful and caring about one another. Teamwork is important and is always important there. The pay was great and management really cares about their employees and there is a open door policy that is actually confidential. Very professional environment great people. I recommend to friends. If you do your job to the best of your ability and your great with patients you shouldn't have a problem.
loved
Unit Secretary/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 13, 2017
Best place to work, from the staff to the doctors and the patients. You always had help and you would not have a problem helping others as well,. Worked great as a team member with other. Love working here.
Enjoyable Daily Challenge
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 6, 2017
I've worked many places over the years. The ED Physicians as like no other on earth! The MD/RN relationship is what kept me coming back for more. They are compassionate and efficient. Great challenge all around and excellent care was given daily by dedicated hardworking nurses. All the nurses were incredibly knowledgeable and highly skilled.
Pros
Working with Efficient compassionate Doc's
Cons
They are working out their opportunities and challenging staffing process - its' coming along
Average for hospital
R.N. -PRN status (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 24, 2017
I was a PRN nurse working approximately 2-12 hour shifts a week. There was not a centralized staffing office, and I needed to communicate from each unit to the nurse manager whether there was a need for their units for work. A poor system on staffing each unit. Computers were in patient rooms, so all documentation being done at the bedside. Pixus medication system in place, with scanning patients arm bracelets for administration. Had remote telemetry patients mixed in with med- surg patients and had to report to a central telemetry monitor every 4 hours, I did not like this type of system. This hospital had 1 nurse to 7-8 patients for a 7p-7a shift and only one CNA for 25-35 patients for nursing support.Financial compensation was competitive. Support from management was minimal.
mht
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXwDecember 26, 2016
A typical day at work consist of 0645 arrival and report from the night shift. Report gives us any pertinent information about the mental, physical, medical status of each patient. Communciation is key in a psych hospital. The management is going through a few changes, but for the better. My co-workers are very supportive and have become my second family. The hardest part of my job is learning to remain in control, in the mist of the possible chaos, especially if you are mentally exhausted. The most enjoyable part if caring for my patients, and to know that i have done something to help them grow or play a part in the healing process.
Pros
tech week, pot lucks, award points
Cons
high turn over; understaffed
Very Busy
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 31, 2016
The most enjoy able part of the job working with good hard working coworker that's goes over and beyond to help each other . when patient load is very heavy and patient turn over is very fast.
Pros
Free Gifts
Cons
Short lunch breaks
No upper level support
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 13, 2016
Good benefits . Great service for senior., great passion for working with seniors. Not a lot of upper management support. Was new dept. of hospital & there was not a lot of support offered
Wonderful providers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Best providers I have ever worked for. Constant changes in new supervisors causing job dutied to change often. Great patient to work with. Nice facility. Hospital supports continued education. Some coworkers very nice.
Pros
Supports continued education
Cons
Constant change in employees
Fun and stressful Environment with amazing co-workers.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE - ED (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 8, 2016
A typical night was fun, stressful, and always a learning experience.
Co-Workers were amazing. The nursing staff and physicians were the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
The hardest part of the position, in the emergency room was always
the sickness of the patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and their families.
HCA is great
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 27, 2015
Great environment co worker wise, very team oriented and genuine caring staff. More importantly the corporation behind is cares about their employees' happiness.
Professional environment and recieved education and experience
laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with the professionals at Medical Center of McKinney, I received life long working experience that will serve me well. I left due to my husband's illness and cared for him for over two years.
Got experience to be in Healthcare enviorment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mckinney, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Assigned work finished in time given and learned to fax, filling, and shelving Medical records. Got experienced in HR department along with HIM, and publishing department.
Pros
Learned terminology used in communication
Cons
Always wanted to learn more so find no cons
Radiology Aide (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Great place to work for and great people to be around. The patient volume is good for the size hospital it is. Supportive management. Nice Clean Facility. Room for growth in the HCA family. GOOD FOOD.
OB Scrub Tech (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 3, 2015
Very busy unit. Co-workers always willing to help. Staff very friendly. Never a dull moment. Management has an open door.
Mht
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 3, 2015
Working here was very rewarding because I was able to help civilians in their most vulnerable moments and help them with recovery.
Medical Center of Mckinney
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 5, 2015
I loved working at Medical Center of Mckinney, good doctors, great coworkers, always learned something new, it was very challenging and productive.
Great Place
SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Various things going on. Not a lot of diversity. Could use more diversity. Interned for this company. Learned a lot about mental health population.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not a great place to advance, raises are scarce
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 29, 2015
daily pharmaceutical routines, learned all I could, and took pride in my work. great coworkers.
The hardest part was working for a company for 6 years and not receiving raises because of company issues, or when you did it wasn't worth it.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
raises
Fast paced environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mckinney, TexasDecember 28, 2014
Typical day includes staring a 12-13 hour shift. During the day shift you would assist RN's in patient care. Pass meals, take blood sugar, take vitals, give baths, and overall care. Hardest part of the job was there was not enough care to be given to patients, here you would have 22 patients to personally take care of. Most enjoyable was having 4 days off.
Fun environment and amazing nurses
ICU Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 16, 2014
The Nurses were mostly great to work with. I loved my work environment in the ICU. The hospital in general was a awesome environment. I had great Supervisors and Managers. Everybody there were team players and down to earth staff for the most part.
Pros
Working environment and staff were amazing!
Cons
Sometimes work overload was too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Center of McKinney. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Center of McKinney Reviews by Location