Medical Center of Plano Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Recovery Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 29, 2017
Started out as a Ortho tech and transferred to Recovery Room. Most of the people were very nice to work with but every hospital has a nurse that likes to eat her young. Yes theres mean nurses there too, BUT mostly nice nurses that I really enjoyed working with.
Pros
Decent raises, real team work, Ortho received periodic massages too:) Very nice by management!
Cons
Hospital life is just stressful. Always running to keep up.
Learning Curve
Emergency Room Staff Nurse (TNCC and ENPC) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075November 23, 2017
Great place to see how driven a nurse can be in an environment that is focused on nurse initiated care. Creates a unique type of
nurse that will be vocal and strong advocate for his/her patient. Physicians are proactive in teaching staff about treatment/rationale for focusing on care of each patient in individualized manner.
Challenging part of the job is to maintain the numbers prioritized by management as to whether this improves patient quality or
satisfaction is a trend we have yet to comprehend.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Number driven environment.
high acuity
Staff Nurse/ Medical ICU Stepdown (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 8, 2017
fast paced high acuity . staffing difficulty, management more concerned about patient satisfaction scores then employee satisfaction . high turn around on staffing
Fast paced
CAT Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 29, 2017
Worked in the main ct department at a very face pace. The er was super busy and the scanners work slow. Not much room for advancement, had to leave to learn mri.
this was a miserable job
Head Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 28, 2017
the management here was very vindictive, could not be trusted. The overall work environment was stressful on a daily basis. There were some wonderful staff members, who made the job bearable
Pros
variety of patients
Cons
horrible department manager
Patient care tech pct
Chaplain Service (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I worked as a cna in all the departments of the hospital my duties enclouds pastoral or bed side nursing. I enjoyed my job with during my time with the hospital.
Student
Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I was there to learn. The people were nice and helpful. They understood I was a student and tried to share ideas and experience. I felt welcomed. This was a very busy hospital
Pros
Learning
Cons
Not enough time
A productive workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at Medical City of Plano was very enjoyable. It allowed me to meet and interact with different people everyday. I had the best relationship with co-workers and friends. Great memories.
Pros
Great doctors
Great Company
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2017
Excellent career opportunity. Nice facility. Great training. Good opportunity for advancement and diverse work environment. Able to move to different departments for growth.
perfect
Volunteer at the Medical Center of Plano (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2017
wonderful place to work at, i loved this place so much and i felt as it is my second home, people are so nice and very helpful with a lot of expertise.
Very Loyal Company
Director QM,SW,UR, Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 20, 2017
MCP was a excellent company to work for! They strive for integrity & recognize their employees, as well as always strive to provide training opportunities.
Pros
Team Focused, Genuinality
Cons
At the time, alot of change w/construction & staff learning new IT programs (Patient Link Up) Set Up
It was a good place to work, with very good food. Its very different than most hospitals
Host, Health unit coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 15, 2017
A typical day is taking care of the needs of the patients. I learned so very much about customer service, and making the patients feel better when they are angry. Management was ok, sometimes they were unfair.

The culture was good, a variety of culture. The hardest part of the job was when you were unable to please an upset patient. The enjoyable part is when you were able to make the patients happy.
Pros
Able to see behind the scenes of the working of a hospital, It was nice to work with the dietitians when I was a host.
Cons
In ICU, seeing people dead and waiting for there organ transplants. Can get a little sad when there teens.
Character Building
Food Host (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 30, 2017
It was a decent job to help me through college at the time. I really felt like I grew through this job which helped me develop skills in the long run. I felt good about it.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks no benefits
Great place
Nurse Extern ICU Stepdown (Current Employee) –  plano, txMay 25, 2017
Good company, I work on a great floor. Find the area and coworkers you like - that is what is important. I am not sure how you can expect legit reviews when it is required and has minimum required words..
Set parameters on Job expectations
E/M Coder/Nurse Auditor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075April 10, 2017
Able to work at my own pace. As long as work got done, there was minimal pressure to do position. Management worked with me on my ability to do position.
productivity maximum
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 7, 2017
coworkers beneficial to learning environment,
most enjoyable part was working with parents and neonates and the speech therapists and ancillary personnel
Great co-workers
RN-PACU (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 31, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with at The Medical Center of Plano.
They have become my second family; my home away from home.
We support each other through good and bad times.
Pros
Progressive, growing hospital.
Cons
Deficient staffing levels.
Busy and fast paced with opportunity for advancement
Nursery RN, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 21, 2016
Typically I am shift leader or admissions when I go to work. My coworkers work well together and I am supported by my manager. The hardest part sometimes is how busy we get with little staff available. I enjoy my coworkers, teaching patients and caring for the families.
Pros
advancement
Cons
under staffed
a good place to work
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 10, 2016
Too many manager favorites, they need to stop favorites and stop promoting just because they are friends. Too many promotions were based on favoritism and because of friendship outside of work.
Pros
good benefits
I work for HCA for 10years i enyjoy the people and and gained alot of experiences.
COOK (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 3, 2016
Assist Cook/ Head in preparing and serving foods for breakfast, lunch. Assist Cook/Head in cleaning stove every. Helps with training of new dietary employees.