Medical Center of Plano Employee Reviews

Great co-workers
RN-PACU (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 31, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with at The Medical Center of Plano.
They have become my second family; my home away from home.
We support each other through good and bad times.
Pros
Progressive, growing hospital.
Cons
Deficient staffing levels.
Busy and fast paced with opportunity for advancement
Nursery RN, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 21, 2016
Typically I am shift leader or admissions when I go to work. My coworkers work well together and I am supported by my manager. The hardest part sometimes is how busy we get with little staff available. I enjoy my coworkers, teaching patients and caring for the families.
Pros
advancement
Cons
under staffed
a good place to work
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 10, 2016
Too many manager favorites, they need to stop favorites and stop promoting just because they are friends. Too many promotions were based on favoritism and because of friendship outside of work.
Pros
good benefits
I work for HCA for 10years i enyjoy the people and and gained alot of experiences.
COOK (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 3, 2016
Assist Cook/ Head in preparing and serving foods for breakfast, lunch. Assist Cook/Head in cleaning stove every. Helps with training of new dietary employees.
Busy, good atmosphere.
Staff RN operating room (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasJuly 15, 2016
Good experience and nice coworkers. Worked day shift and the evening shift was frequently tardy or did not come willing to work.
Pros
good cases, fast paced
Cons
lots and lots of call
Great environment
Certified Nurse Aid/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 1, 2016
Working at The Medical Center of Plano was very challenging but rewarding. We had a patient to nurse tech ratio of 1 to 37 some days, which presented many dynamics. Having that experience allow me to improve on my time management skills. I would recommend HCA to all my family and friends.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 8, 2016
Very productive environment and dedicated to providing service excellence to patients, guests, and staff members. Team work is encouraged by all.
Productive and active workplace
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 15, 2016
Whether busy, steady, or slow, there is always a job to do at The Medical Center of Plano. Management is top-notch and co-workers communicate effectively. The best part of the job is the quality work we put out, which also happens to be the most difficult. Either way, we make teamwork happen here.
Work experience
CERTIFIED NURSE AID/ SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 16, 2016
Working at this company is OK. Like any other job you have there're good and bad things about them all. and;serga;reg rgsgj gkj;sjgk srgjs; kg
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day for me at work is receiving and placing anywhere from 60-125 calls and scheduling pts. for different test that the doctor has ordered. I would say the hardest part would be rescheduling a patient that is pain due to insurance not giving us the Auth in a timely matter, and the most enjoyable part is know that we have helped the patients with their scheduling needs or just listening to them. My co-workers are a great team to work with.
Great place to work and grow!
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 9, 2015
The Medical Center of Plano is a dynamic, growing, patient-oriented facility that values the clinical and support staff. I have been able to function in many areas and given varied projects.
Most enjoyable part of my job, is working in a caring environment that is not just about the numbers, but helping people survise in the process
REGISTRAR (ER) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 2, 2015
Recepting Trauma patients as they arrive. Registering patients in ER while being able to bond and help them as needed.
I have learned patience and how much I love helping everyone.
Managemnt is very caring
Hardest part of my job is not beling able to help that one patient, whose time here is shortened.
Most enjoyable part of my job again is being able to help and support the patients I am in close contact with and working as a tema with my colleagues
Pros
Fullfillment I receive
Cons
Missing the people who i was able to help but glad they were able to go home
Work experience with some pros and some cons
Patient Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Not much more to add. All work experiences have pros and cons. Progressive community hospital undergoing lots of growth. Upper management turnover yielded mixed results in job culture. Most jobs are what you make of it and how you get along with co-workers.
Pros
Lots of growth and progressive vision.
Cons
Same as the pros...
A decent place to work
Sterilization Tech (Former Employee) –  SPDJuly 15, 2015
It was a decent place to work. They paid well and had decent benefits. Management seemed to respect its employees. Some of the ethics were shady and some employees seemed to get away with much more than they should have.
Pros
Pay
Overall a good company,good support from upper management, but direct management lacks experience,
RN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 6, 2015
Good upper Management, awesome CEO, but needs more diversity at the top..Direct reports not qualified, and implement constant kneejerk changes, Work equipment such as fax and printers are old and outdated, making work difficult to do. Needs more diversity in staffing. Hired to work M-F and changed to work schedule requiring weekend and on-call told as required after hired.
Pros
Lots of support from upper management
Cons
direct management lacking experience and poor work life balance, constant changes without adequate staffing in place.
Close to home
Staff nurse, CCU and NICU (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2015
It was a good place to work with great co-workers until the management changed. That change resulted in a large number of lay-offs due to disagreement between the management and the physicians who practiced there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
New management changed team-player atmosphere to individual atmosphere
Wonderful
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for. They are organized and have plenty of growth and personal learning available to the staff. Continued education is excellent here and working for them was a pleasure.
productive fun,easy going coworkers lots fun to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Productive.fun place to work.nice cafeteria.fun coworkers and bosses.safe area to work.nice dotors and nurses to work with.
Pros
free lunches and gifts
Cons
short breaks
Working evening shift was difficult for me at the time.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 28, 2014
It was a well run operation for the most part.I worked from 2pm until 1030pm Monday through Friday.I supervised technicians in the IV room,I calculated antibiotic doses for physicians and their patients in
a critical care setting/
Pros
I liked the evening supervisor
Cons
shift was 200pm until 1030pm
productive and fun
lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 8, 2014
morning shift, nice management, nice co-workers.hardest part of the job is when employees call in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Center of Plano. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Center of Plano Reviews by Location