Medical Center of Plano

RN-ICU/Neuro/Renal Step-down Unit (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 22, 2014
Hospital staffing, in ICU, ER, Medical surgical, telemetry units
Interesting
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 14, 2014
I wore many hats in this position. The most enjoyable part was helping patients in their time of need. I love working with people and I have a nurturing spirit, so it was right up my alley.
productive.
Hostess - Food and Nutrition (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 12, 2014
Pros: we receive $6.50 to be used for snacks, breakfast, or lunch daily
In this position I'v learned about specific dietary needs and restrictions. I inventory and stock nurshment centers, as well as deliver meals to the patients rooms and pick up trays when they are done as well as updateing all paperwork.
HCA great company
ER Staff and relief charge (Former Employee), Plano, TexasMarch 26, 2014
Pros: seniority
Cons: poor management, unappreciative.
I learned most of my skills at MCP. Began there on nights and worked as relief charge nurse and staff RN. During my tenure, it added floors 5-7, became a chest pain center, stroke center and level II trauma. It was a large ED of about 35 beds in full operation. It was very busy and received a lot of major traumas and major medical. I learned to manage – more... many faucets of charge duty and ability to run a full patient loads when staff nurse. I worked 8 years on nights, and about 3 years on days. The staff was awesome but management turned over many times over the last 3-5 years I was there. The hardest part was utilizing the computer system there, as it was most cumbersome, leaving little time to do actual nursing. The volume and high acuity was everyday. I loved my time there, but needed to explore other opportunities. – less
Great learning experience!!!
Student Radiographer (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: wish i could have stayed longer
As a student radiographer, I learned so much from the great RT's. Everyday was something new, either new techniques or methods or scenarios.
Good Company
Executive Assistant to CNO, CFO and VP of Finance (Current Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: making friends
Cons: unfavorable conditions
A nice place to work. You meet different people from all areas.
Good place to begin nursing career
RN, IBCLC (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 23, 2013
Pros: growing community with lots of admissions and opportunities to learn.
Cons: infrequent breaks, short lunches, unable to eliminate formula sample bags, due to management unwillingness to do so
Initial change of shift report and assignment of patients from 1984
to 1995
Initially began being mentored by breastfeeding counselor. Later did independent breastfeeding rounds while taking a smaller patient load

Learning consisted of in-depth knowledge of normal newborn and abnormal findings. Learned more in-depth knowledge of breastfeeding behavior – more... of mother and infant and management of breastfeeding challenges.

The most difficult aspects of the job were the l2 hour shifts and not being able to follow up with breastfeeding dyads after discharge. The the most enjoyable aspect was being able to observe successful breastfeeding during hospital stays.

Very enjoyable relationship with co-workersduring the first tenure with MCP, During the second tenure nurses were no longer taking responsibility for teaching breastfeeding skills on first visit out of newborns to their mothers or in going to L&D to assist with first latch.
They wanted to completely rely on LC's for all breastsfeeding contact. Management did not re-enforce the need for newborn nurses to use their skills in this area. – less
Love the People
Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist (Current Employee), Plano TXJuly 5, 2013
Great people to work withand great environment. Terrible benefits and compensation. Love meeting new people and the feeling of knowing what you do at work is helping in a great way.
learning about supplies really open my eyes about what the hospital really needs in this industry.
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: the parties for staff memmbers
Cons: the loooong meetings.
I loved working at the medical ctr of Plano. my day was always learning about the supplies it self and how the medical world really is complicated.
Fun hospital that you learn at while working.
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 26, 2012
Overall this a good place to work.You have differnt cultures working in harmony and always want to help you.
love my co-workers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 5, 2012
All of my co-wokers and charge nurses are extremely helpful. Like the variety of patients we received. Feel that management is unwilling to change and update their practices.