Medical City Dallas Hospital

Medical City Dallas Hospital Employer Reviews

cashier
Food Tech/Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short break s and long standing job
cashier , sell and load food lines .too long hours and rotating shifts .
Busy ER
Staff RN (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: convenient location in d/fw
Cons: inefficient electronic charting, frequently short staffed
Busy Emergency Department with a large pediatric and psychiatric patient population. Varied experience levels of staff nurses ranging from new graduates to 20 years. Limited verbal communication between nurses and physicians. Recently changed electronic charting systems to a software program that is outdated and based on a DOS operating system. Charting – more... and locating patient information is difficult and cumbersome for nursing staff and physicians. Nurse daily assignments offer opportunity to work in triage, trauma, and pediatrics which breaks monotony of routine assignments. – less
great place to work
Perioperative RN/ Nightshift Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: team-work
awesome place to grow as a new graduate nurse. wonderful staff
of nurses and physicians.
As with many companies, profit has become the driver
Lab (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 4, 2014
Pros: wow points - sarcasm
Cons: pay -as per hr - strives only to meet the 50th percentile
Employee satisfaction scores have declined over the years, facility -wide. Many income takeaways over the last 5 yrs. Admin seems to have lost its ability to recognize that its greatest asset is its employees. Very high turnover compared to other facilities.
I have had a completely positive experience at Medical City
ER POC Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2013
Pros: emergency department experience, i was needed at every code or trauma called
Cons: 14 hours shifts every saturday and sunday during school
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the atmosphere I work in. My coworkers treat everyday like it's a team sport, and we handle all the problems we come across together. Management is very understanding with my school schedule and always open to any concerns I may have. A typical day at work consisted of me arriving at 4AM, – more... QC'ing all the iSTAT machines, blood glucose monitors, drawing any morning labs ordered in the Clinical Decision Unit, then running the Point of Care lab station throughout the day. As needed throughout the day when there was a hard stick the nurses couldn't get either on the pediatric side or adult side I would collect the blood samples for them. The hardest part of my job was collecting blood samples on "hard stick" patients, especially new borns. – less
Allow employees to move up in the company
Government insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2013
Pros: advancement in the company
Cons: n/a
Medical City allowed the advancement in the company. When an employee needs and request a challenge the opportunity within this organization will allow that to happen.
Fun work enviroment
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2013
Great place to work and grow. Worked there for 9 years. Loved my co-workers, we were a great team.
Productive place
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: short break.
I have been working three days a week twelve hours shift. In my working place I have a good supervisor and coworker I always enjoy my working time. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicate with patients and look at my patients get healthy and go to home.
N/A
Student Radiographer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 18, 2013
A great learning experience and a great environment for students.
great co-workers
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 25, 2013
Pros: always busy
Cons: needs more staff
nurse patient ratio needs work, culture has changed over the years.
Great culture, bad management
Neurosciences Nurse (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 1, 2013
Pros: great culture, compensation
Cons: overworked, bulldozed
Loved the people I worked with but RNs are getting worked to the ground then written up for any small thing. Yes it happens at every other hospital but when the CNO isn't on the nurses side it's time to take a step back.
great team, not enough work.
EEG Technologist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2012
Pros: great hospital principles! positive environment with free lunch incentives with extra help.
Cons: not enough work.
Great Hospital overall, not enough awareness of our Neuroscience Dept., not enough patient volume for entire staff. Team divides work to accommadate keeping people busy, however often end up doing odd end tasks to prevent being sent home early.
Wonderful place to work
Patient Account Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2012
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: getting bored
I have enjoyed working at this hospital. Looking for something different. My department have friendly happy people. I have learned just about everything about fixing a patients bill. There is a lot of laughing and making friends. I have worked there for 32 years so really there is nothing hard anymore for me to do. I do enjoy challenges. Management – more... in my department is enjoyable to work with.
Great caring people. – less

About Medical City Dallas Hospital

Just ask our employees—they regularly offer feedback that brings honors and accolades. In 2011, Medical City was named one – Read more