Medical City Dallas Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and multitasking
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2016
i begin my day with getting reports of whats going on with surgery for the day. If there is any priorities for the day. Multitasking between job duties. making sure surgical instruments are Decontaminated correctly. Then assembling them to their correct count sheets. making sure they are cleaned properly and are in great working order. Wrapping and loading sterilizers in a timely manner and making sure sterilization requirements have been met. keeping records of that and making sure BI's have passed. Also, assisting other departments within the hospital. answering phone calls from the O.R. about any needs or questions.
I really enjoyed my tenure at Medical City Dallas Hospital
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2016
I really enjoyed my tenure at Medical City Dallas Hospital. I enjoyed the fact that my Management team trusted my Professionalism in taking care of my patient. I enjoyed the fact that the physicians also trusted my professionalism in taking care of my patients. I also enjoyed the opportunity to learn so many new skills.
Awesome Culture!!!
Patient Access Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Very good place to work for the culture is unbelievable at how nice and helpful everyone is from the top to the bottom. The pay and benefits could be better and they could offer a better variety of food places to choose from for lunch. Overall good things here at Medical City!
Pros
Culture of work community
Cons
Benefits, Pay, Food Options
n/a
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  dallasAugust 7, 2016
staff nurse orthopedics night shift 12 hours patient care, team setting, medical surgical telemetry private rooms five to seven patients per nurse occasional tech
Loved my co-workers
Registrar / Technologist Asst. (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2016
An executive decision was made to sell the women's imagine department to a private company and unfortunately my job was outsourced. I did love working there for the 51/2 yrs. I was there.
Pros
Excellent benefits, co-workers were phenominal, happy place
Cons
Managerial decisions were not well communicated
mcd
Lead Stem Cell Transplant Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2016
part of a larger , growing corporation. many long term employees.
good benefits. i have enjoyed working at medical City
Great Team and Management
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2016
Honored to be apart of the Respiratory Team at MCD. I've learned so
much and will continue to learn from some very educated RRT's and CRT's. Medical City is the reason I got into Respiratory while my son was hospitalized there so many times.They encouraged and motivated me to go back to school to become a therapist. I made sure the school I chose had Medical City Dallas as a clinical site. I did all my student rotations there and became apart of the team soon after I graduated. Very blessed to have to be apart of the team!
Thanks MCD for believing in me.
Medical City Dallas Hospital
JUNIOR VOLUNTEER CO-COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2016
MCD is a great place to gain volunteer experience. Volunteering here is a great stepping stone to the medical field. There are lots of opportunities that can be gained by spending time here.
Busy, stable job
Express Admit Unit, RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Flexible schedule, made a month in advance. Twelve hour shift goes by quickly because so busy. Reimbursement for education after passing grade.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Same food in cafeteria every week
Fantastic facility
Contract RN, ICU (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2015
I greatly enjoyed my experience as a traveler in the MICU. The staff worked together incredibly well and treated me as a part of their "family." I was able to gain extensive ICU information including CRRT and oscillating ventilators.
Cons
Dallas traffic. Differing policies amongst ICU's
Operations Manager and Educator
SUPERVISOR/Educator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2015
A day in the life of an operational manager was to ensure seamless services facility management teams; including Bio-med, Communications, Engineering, Environmental Services, Food & Nutrition Services, and Security. The confidence of team members ensured departmental and organizational needs and services were meet.

The annual department awareness allowed the areas to showcase their various services through storyboards, community fairs, and departmental tours.

The hardest part of the job was accepting that the best foot was put forward at all times and falling short of expectations out of our control.
Excellent medical service with updated medical & Intelegent technology used
Internship Sterile Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
Maintained a highest level of sterility all over the facilities, Staff are cordially friendly. keep track on updating medical equipment available in the market, maintained confidentiality on all patients & staff.
A great place to work and it provides opportunity for growth and advancement.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2015
My typical day at work is consist of providing effective communication orally and in writing to management and co-workers. The hardest is the need of employees, but the most enjoyable is the staff and patients.
Pros
Being recognize for your hard work.
Cons
CNA's are needed.
Great Place
Non-Invasive Cardiology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to work, friendly staff, a lot of flexing off hours when hospital is slow.
Pros
good 401 k
Cons
slow productivity
Excellent learning opportunity to start up a PICC team
Registered Nurse PICC Team (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work included assessing patients for PICC placement after order has been received by physician. I learned how to insert and maintain PICC lines. Management was rarely present. My co-workers were difficult to work with and was one of the reasons I left that job. The hardest part of my day was being on-call. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know my patients.
overall it was a good evironment to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2014
I took cash payment for parking garage. I workedby myself in a boot. Its really not much to tell about that position.
Security
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2014
A fun place to be
I have learned to be excepting to many new adventures and opportunities. Always exciting
Pros
meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
dealing with the saddness
Medical Management department
Accounting /Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Make appropriate referrals to financial counseling for uninsured and underinsured patients. Register or pre-register patient visits in ambulatory clinics, the emergency room, ancillary services, day surgery or admissions with accurate patient demographic and financial information.
cashier
Food Tech/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2014
cashier , sell and load food lines .too long hours and rotating shifts .
Pros
free food
Cons
short break s and long standing job
Busy ER
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2014
Busy Emergency Department with a large pediatric and psychiatric patient population. Varied experience levels of staff nurses ranging from new graduates to 20 years. Limited verbal communication between nurses and physicians. Recently changed electronic charting systems to a software program that is outdated and based on a DOS operating system. Charting and locating patient information is difficult and cumbersome for nursing staff and physicians. Nurse daily assignments offer opportunity to work in triage, trauma, and pediatrics which breaks monotony of routine assignments.
Pros
Convenient location in D/FW
Cons
Inefficient electronic charting, frequently short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical City Dallas Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2