Medical City Employee Reviews

To fast
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
GO GO GO. No stopping. They did not care about what they threw at their nurses. Short staffed and more patients kept coming. No time to breath or decompress.
Best place to work
ENDOSCOPY NURSE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
A true nurse magnet organization. It has efficient and excellent management, the department has great teamwork and our innovative ideas are appreciated.
Poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 4, 2017
Very stressful atmosphere with extremely poor management. Absolutely no team effort among coworkers that are overworked and seem to be unhappy about something on a daily basis.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fast paced
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Working for medical city has helped provide for my family when i didn't know how we were going to make it. For that i will forever be grateful. Working for medical City means that you are part of a family within a family.
Great place to learn new state of the art technology, fast moving
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Medical City of Fort Worth is a state of the art facility and continuing to expand as this is written! Our cardiologist and cath lab have set medical records and miracles with the advancement of technology. They are adding a brand new free standing ER which will bridge to the new cath lab and ICU's. It is also a teaching hospital.. so there are many opportunities to share knowledge and ideas with resident, interns etc. MCFTW has been the Texas Stroke Institute for maybe 3 years, need more beds! We have been awarded just about every certification a facility can receive with high standards, a Magnet facility as well. The Liver program and Kidney transplant programs are increasing monthly with new patients. Its a great place to specialize in one area if you choose, or enjoy the diversity of so many disciplines and specialized areas. There is an In-house Rehab on the 3rd floor, very successfully lead by a team of Rehab specialist.
Pros
awesome cafeteria, gift shop
Cons
a lot of codes.. blue, chill, team assist.... to respond to
Stressful, Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Patients are good for the most part, but difficult to do work when we are always short on everything.

Floor/trash-dirty, overflowing. Takes several days for someone to come to our floor to clean, and when they do it's done at bare minimum.
Call lights go unanswered for minutes at a time.
Understaffed - most nurses have 6 patients, charge nurse typically has patients as well
CNA have 16-20 or more patients by themselves, with high levels of acuity - need max assist.
Struggle to have breaks/lunches because of the amount of staff or lack there of.
Management is lacking in the managing department - bring up issues on unit and told there isn't really an issue.
Pros
Benefits, salary/pay, flexible
Cons
staffing, equipment/stocking needs, filthy floors, poor management
Fun place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2017
Everything was pretty good for the most part, it's a hospital of course . It was a good place to work. It hold a lot of memories . Great place. Everyone has gave me a nice job.
Pros
Breakfast was always good
Cons
Good place to get experience
Emergency Room RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2017
Very corporate run but excellent staff and wonderful doctors. love the nurses I work with and the doctors are very nurse friendly! Good place to get exposed to very sick patients
I worked at Texas Oncology Medical City not Medical City
Clinical Research Coordinator Texas Oncology (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
Good People to work with in pleasant atmosphere. I did not work for hospital but for Texas Oncology at Medical City. Large Hospital atmosphere. Multidisciplinary
Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2017
Took linen carts filled with linen to all of the patient floors and procedure areas of the hospital and brought empty carts back to linen room to refill. After all floors were stocked we'd get new linen from the laundry and restock shelves in the linen room. Restocked the individual carts for the evening shift.
The hardest part of the job was pulling the heavy carts to the floors. They were at least 6 ft. tall, 60 inches wide and 2 ft deep and the shelves were filled with sheets, blankets, towels, washcloths and gowns for the patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people. People in the hallways, elevators, personnel on the floor and the employees all worked.
Work culture was great. Management was fun and fair.
It was hard work and pay wasn't good but it was a fun work environment.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace and benefits
Cons
Very low income for workload
Productive and fun
Environmental Services Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2017
Working at Medical City Fort Worth was quite the experience. Working in different areas and meeting new people. I ejoyed putting a smile on others faces.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Will work again
Staff RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2017
PRO: flexible schedule, approachable management.
CON: Unit not adequately stocked. differential payment only paid from a certain time, so night shift workers not paid whole differential.
Productive fun workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 13, 2017
Great place to work for, management takes care of their employees. Will hire on the spot. You can pick your schedule. If you have school or another job they work with you on your schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Long work shifts
Great Advancement Opportunities
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 6, 2017
Able to work in variety of nursing roles over the years and spent the largest majority of my nursing career here. Great opportunities for staff wanting to go to school for nursing.
Best place ever
Administrative Assistant/PT TECH II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
I loved this job I went from PT Tech, hearing screenings,training techs front office for physical therapy to opening the wound care center that was the love of my life I totally enjoyed the work and the people.
Pros
early hours
Cons
daily changes
A place when you can become experienced Quickly
Medical Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Overall I love to work with people in need, as far as the staff they are not so friendly but when you love to do something it doesn't matter who is being a certain way, you just kind of bypass it, especially being new to a facility, if you complain they would automatically think you are the problem. But interacting with the clients was my most exciting experience I had with in the company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
Decent job
Assist front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
Routine day not much change from day to day,I enjoy my co-workers but we do not have enough coverage so taking vacations is far and few between, stressful at times
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Departments are short, Opinions are not valued
best place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2017
My 25 years at Medical city proves that its a best place to work in Dallas. The management is really cares and the medical dental and 401k benefits are excellent
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasMay 3, 2017
Love how professional they use always fast pace they love their patients like their their familythey always go over and be gone I will always recommend Plaza medical center hospital
Work environment-hostel
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2017
What I learned, younger staff are looking to get ahead and will go to any lengths to report anything they can. You can't even trust your team members.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical City. Our community is ready to answer.