MEDICAL CLINIC OF HOUSTON Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
Using computer applications.
Answering telephones.
Greeting patients.
Updating and filing patient medical records.
Coding and filling out insurance forms.
Scheduling appointments.
Arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services.
Handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
Pros
employee recognition
Cons
commute
a good experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
a good place to work because they pay well and give you a lot of support both financially and with enough help. You had, as part of your benefits, access to the doctors that work there, therefore you didn't have to pay to see a doctor outside of the facility.
A Typical day at work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2017
I worked at Medical Clinic of Houston full-time (Less than a year)

The management is very unorganized. And there's not proper training.Outdated technology, physical labor , extremely unorganized, this clinic is very cheap, the pay isn't good. The medical records are very unorganized they have missing records. Excessive work with small pay
Pros
It's a high turnover rate therefore they're always hiring.
Cons
Outdated technology, physical labor, extremely unorganized, this clinic is very cheap, the pay isn't good. The medical recordsmissing records, small pay
Productive and Learning Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2017
Everyday was a busy day. Right out of school I was able to put my new skills to use and learn even more. Being on the Code Team helped me learn new skills as well as use medical assisting skils I have. The hardest part was nothing it's my job and I like doing it.
Pros
Free lunch
Nice place to work for
Executive Secretary/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Medical Clinic of Houston has been in business for many many years. It is a multi-specialty clinic that provides superb medical care to its patients.
Productive place to work always something to work on.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
I worked for Medical Clinic of Houston for 16 years. I moved to different positions throughout my time there. In each job position there was always something to work on. A person is never just sitting around on the internet playing games. There is a lot of multitasking if I was to refer friends or family to work there I would tell them to be prepared to work hard each day. Medical Clinic of Houston has great benefits although their health insurance could be a little less expensive but they do offer insurance. The one thing I learned there is to record each task management asks you to do if it is outside of your job description and also if there was a change in protocol, always triple check your documents. The most enjoyable part of the job were holidays especially Halloween we also were able to dress for any Major league Texas sport support. The clinics employment recreational activity committee always had something fun planned.
Pros
I would say pros are the benefits
Cons
Training is not thorough.
Medical Clinic of Houston taught me much while employed.
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Medical Clinic of Houston. The location was beautiful and serene. The staff were very supportive and friendly. I learned how to verify insurance and I enjoyed the task. I moved to the Business Office and learned how to perform insurance follow up. I had the best Mgr at Medical Clinic. Great place to work.
Pros
Fun place to work, good benefits, good job opportunity.
Cons
Short breaks.
Not a good environment to work
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
The moral is very low at this company. There is a very high turn-over here as well. Upper management is very unapproachable and unprofessional. Compensation for the work that is required of you is lower than other companies. Patients are allowed to treat staff badly and there is no support from management.
Pros
bonus checks every quarter
Cons
low moral, high turnover, low compensation
Productive and fun respected workplace
HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2017
Interact with nursing personnel, retrieve and dispense records throughout the clinic. Lunch is always provided by reps so you really don't have to bring lunch. Nice positive setting.
this place is ok to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
This is a really busy company to work for just have your roller skates on when you get there. I love the take 5 its breaks that other companies come in an d bring goodies and good information and our mandatory meeting. the hardest part of the job was keeping the doctors happy.
when i was their it was a fun place work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Excellant and great place to work, professional environment, good on the job training. I was cross train to do insurance verification, registration,i have follow up on pateints term insurance.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, great events party
Cons
short lunch breaks
not bad but be aware
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
this is not a bad place to work, however be aware that there is a lot of favoritism that goes on here so make sure you know how to tiptoe around the favorites or know how to suck up and become one of them.
overworked
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2016
typical day was average
I learned to do arterial Doppler
management was very unfair
co worker, they were the hardest part of the job
most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and the weekend
Do not work here ever
Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2016
This is not a good place to work for many reasons.
1. Management: Lacks leaders. Many of the managers and directors are subject matter experts and lack leadership and management skills. Some of the managers have made racially biased comments about employees.Even after these incidents are reported nothing is done.
2. Unethical business practices: This is evident in some of the billing practices and the Clinics inability to follow their own policies.
3.Benefits: Healthcare services offered at Clinic are free! Sounds great right, but it is not. All of your health information can and will be disclosed to all workers at clinic. They have paper medical records and they are EVERYWHERE!
4. Morale is super low! They cannot fix it because the management problem still exists.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management, Morale, Benefits
Great environment!
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
I was extremely happy. I left to be closer to home and realized I missed the whole culture of my department, MCH and my coworkers. If I had the opportunity I'd go back.
Pros
Coworkers
I liked working with the billing dept
BUSINESS SENIOR OFFICE CODER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2015
I worked in a doctors office for the first time. Review patients records on a daliy basis for e/m coding aspects. The clinic was small area and I wanted a new change in my field.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
salary was low
Fast laced environment
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2015
The work is fast paced but steady. Management does a great job walking to the different floors interacting with employees during the day. Perfect work schedule.
Great co-workers
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Rice VillageOctober 11, 2015
Great company to work for! In the rice village area. You get so attached to working with the sweet patients. Great doctors!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
productive and
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2015
Every morning i would get everything together for the day. I would check in patient and take vital signs. I would assist Dr with patient and documentation. Venipuncture would be performed along with any other tests that needed to be performed. We had a great staff to work with. Any faxes that had to do with prescriptions, referrals or specialist notes would be given to Dr. There would be 25-30 patients a day.
Pros
worked early hours, excellent Dr
Cons
healthcare benefits, meetings
its pretty good
MRI/CT Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
its pretty good. Nice and clean. Good staff and family like environment. Good doctors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEDICAL CLINIC OF HOUSTON. Our community is ready to answer.

MEDICAL CLINIC OF HOUSTON Reviews by Location