Medical College of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 16, 2017
Management did not pursue leads on information given about supervisory staff that inefficiently lead their team. Lack of follow up and pursuing actual issues caused a snow ball effect that lead to an unbelievable amount of stress and problems that could have been easily avoided.
Benefits
very fast paced
Pre-arrival Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 28, 2017
I really enjoyed this position but I decided to go to working part time and none of their positions were part time. I enjoyed have contact with patients and being able to help them schedule appointments and help to make their experience a good one.
Pros
great team co workers
Cons
no breaks
Fantastic Internship Experience
Transformation Facilitator Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with the Medical College of Wisconsin as an intern during my senior year of college. This experience allowed me to broaden my professional knowledge and to apply concepts of process improvement and project management. The mentors were phenomenal and made sure to have learning reflections and help you as you ran your own process improvement project within the hospital environment.
Great Place To Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 7, 2017
Workplace culture is great. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with unstable patients. I would recommend my employer to my friends, family, ect.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
Insurance payments
Best job of my 50+ year career!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2017
The physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants I worked with at the Medical College of Wisconsin provided evidence-based, compassionate care and were respectful of patients and each other. Advanced practice providers were always invited to participate in decisions about patient care and work life in the clinic and division I worked in. The clinic staff were employed by the hospital, not MCW, yet we worked very well as a team. We cared for a mix of privately and publicly insured patients who were all treated with respect and given the best care possible. Many patients had been born at the affiliate hospital and came back for their care all their lives. The providers and staff who worked there made it clear they enjoyed working with patients with challenging conditions and sometimes challenging personal lives. It was truly a privilege to work there until retirement.
Pros
HIgh degree of ethics and professionalism, outstanding environment with knowledgeable and helpful colleagues, stimulating and satisfying work, benefits
Cons
Straightforward job, low stress environment
Registration Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2017
I spend my day on the computer and receive calls from patients, clinics, and other hospital staff to assist them with registration and insurance information. In between calls you work on your assigned accounts to resolve edits, verify insurance, obtain workers compensation information etc. The hardest part of the job is that it can be a little slow sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help a patient. You really get to know the co workers you sit by.
Pros
friendly co-workers, good pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks, sitting at desk all day
Great PhD programs
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 26, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time at MCW as a graduate student. It was a very collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment to work in and I would highly recommend their PhD programs.
Excellent Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2017
Busy and fast paced days at work. I learned how to work with multiple doctors in multiple locations and specialties at a time. Management was laid back and allowed employees to manage themselves. The culture was professional and relaxed. The hardest part of the job was traveling between work sites. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the doctors and nurses and balancing very challenging work duties.
Pros
Networking
Great place & co-workers
Admin Asst 2 Dept of Cell Biology & Anatomy (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2017
I streamlined things for 1st year medical student exams. Gave me less to do. Sold handouts to students, suggested a way to streamline things, which other departments emulated. But I streamlined too much for myself, so I got bored.
Pros
Love the educational atmosphere
Cons
Supervisor
Awesome career
Clinical Informatics - Program Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  5th floor of Cancer CenterOctober 11, 2017
Best employer - I had longevity with this employer. Every day was a learning experience. Enjoyed helping this employer and proud to say that I worked for MCW.

Wonderful Dean, Wonderful President.

There was never a day that I didn't want to be present in a community that continuously helped people.

My heart was broken when they moved me to FMLH.
Pros
Benefits, leaders, Doctors, Nurses, Ancillary Staff, Leaders
Cons

Want to know more about Medical College of Wisconsin?

Ask a question
Great place to work - some OD challenges
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 11, 2017
11 years of experience here - this is a growing organization that has struggled to match the pace. Senior leadership is very good in vision and expansion, but needs to address a better cohesion with middle management. Too many bottle necks in the organizational structure where senior leadership is out of touch with key middle management resulting in bad lines of reporting.
Exciting Work
Research Assistant - Trauma and Critical Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2017
I really enjoyed the short time that I worked here. I was allowed to sit in on meetings that discussed ongoing mental health research that the hospital was conducting, which was an awesome experience as a student.
Management needs some work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2017
Human resources does not seem to take employee complaints seriously. There were many problems in the department and HR didn't seem to do a good job working with management to improve the issues.
great company to work
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 5, 2017
Medical College of Wisconsin is a great place to work with great benefit, management, and work/life balance. I like to the culture and environment of the college and the affiliate hospitals.
Great academic atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 4, 2017
Project managers at the Medical College were free to develop their own schedules for projects and be involved in the project from inception through completion.
Upper management was terrible in the department that I worked in
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2017
They are very strict, organization that is managed by Froedtert Hospital. They pay very well and have very good benefits to offer. They are a very structured organization.
Na
Neurosurgery Surgical Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2017
The Medical College of Wisconsin is a great place to work. The benefits, pay and work-life balance is great. Management is strong and supportive. Great team/educational environment.
Unappreciated and Delusional Institution
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 11, 2017
For an company that prides themselves on innovation, internally they don't foster it. There is little to show for employee appreciation and lack of opportunities to be heard. Management is hired for their experience and not for their leadership skills. The culture is stagnant and archaic with no line of sight for the big picture.
Pros
Apart of an organization that passionate about medicine.
Cons
Inconsistent Management and Leadership, poor workplace culture.
People are great
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 3, 2017
Management was great. Work was always changing and kept you interested. Would recommend to work in the PICU. Paying for benefits is expensive but doctors are great.
excellent Employer with areas for advancement
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2017
open dialouge and precise directions of duties between organization , managerand staff.
Good natured co-workers. Open and honest communication

caring Physicians, Nurses and Suort Staff.
Pros
support from upper management every step of the way
Cons
Would like otion to work from home at least 1 day a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical College of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical College of Wisconsin Reviews by Location