Medical Facilities of America Employee Reviews

Fast paced fun work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 21, 2017
It's a fast paced, working environment, staff works well together. Very clean facility with good communication between nurses and cnas. Very friendly.
5 star very worth working for
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland Springs, VANovember 15, 2017
I currently work at Henrico Health and Rehab and I wouldn't work anywhere else . The administrator is beyond the nicest , knowledgable , and great to employees and residents he goes over and beyond . Human resources is amazing she is on top of things, willing to help you anyway she can and always gives excellent advice . The training is beyond 5 star they always give you training you'll need and always support you in every way . This is the most best place to work .
Pros
To many
Cons
Has potential, if everyone is treated fairly
LPN (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 12, 2017
LPN pay was recently increased, which is always good. Unfortunately, they quit recognizing experience and seniority within the company. Pay was cut for senior nurses to compensate new nurses pay rate. In other words, a new nurse with <1 year experience will make the same amount per hour as a nurse with 25 + years experience. Increasing hourly pay rate is good, but it should not be at the expense of more experienced nurses pay rate.
Pros
PTO compesation
Cons
Pay is not fairly compensated for experience
Excellent Company. Leader in its markets
Company Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 10, 2017
Excellent Company; high expectations with structure for support. Very customer focused and responsive to employees. Committed to staffing even in a difficult market
Pros
Service and team culture helping vet vulnerable people
Cons
Challenging work. Can get pretty fast paced, but always based upon patient needs
Great company
Housekeeping Director (Current Employee) –  Va Beach Healthcare & Rehabilitaion CenterNovember 10, 2017
I enjoy and I love my job at MFA. I love the team I work with and my boss, we always focused on good customer service and making sure that our residents are well taking care of. Everyday I enjoy walking into my job knowing that my job title allows me to make sure our residents are living in a clean, home feeling and safe environment. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
Knowing I help make a difference for our residents to have a clean and safe environment
Cons
No cons, great employer
Great place to be
RN Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VANovember 2, 2017
MFA was my first nursing job as LPN and I have advanced to RN. I have had some PRN side jobs but I have never left MFA, remained full time status, and do not believe I will. It is a great company to work for. I especially love the building I work in (Pulaski). People say you have a work family well this is set to be true here. Anything you need you have the whole building for support.
Pros
12 hour nursing shifts for nurses
Pulaski Health and Rehab has a great family atmosphere and it is a place that staff want to work and residents choose to be.
Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VANovember 1, 2017
Pulaski Health and Rehab has a great group of management staff that encourages the nurses to critically think and express thoughts and ideas. They have great resources and provide support to help you grow in your role. They take time to know the residents on a level that provides comfort and plays a key role in educating family, residents, and staff to provide a healing environment and exceptional care. I am proud to call myself a member of the team.
Moving in the right direction
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 1, 2017
I've had almost a decade of experience in healthcare and I truly appreciate the opportunity at Parham Healthcare. They actually have scructure and balance in the workplace and that can be difficult to come by. The new DON and Administration staff seem to really be helping our building and I already see positive changes. I'm hopeful for the future of the center. Nursing is tough, and if you don't have the right people in place the care can suffer. I'm happy with the new faces I see.
Pros
Pto, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Time off not always approved when submitted
Harming and dangerous
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAOctober 6, 2017
This place is the worst facility I have ever worked in. Management didn't care about you and would pile on more work so they didn't have to do it. They didn't care if you were drowning even though they say at first they have great team work in truth your on your own. If you value your license don't go there. Many nurses are back stabber and will throw you under the bus in a blink of an eye. I truly feel sorry for the patients.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everythi g
Terrible place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2017
Don't believe the four star rating cause it's not true! Everything is opposite in those ratings. My previous rating was erase. Beware! Terrible place for staff and residents.
Enjoyed my job
Activity Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 20, 2017
Enjoyed my time and the patients in our building. Typical Skilled Nursing Facility. Patients always need and deserve the best possible care that can be provided.
Pros
Patients and Connections I made with them
Cons
Never enough staff
poor management, favoritism, hard to get vacation time when requested
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 6, 2017
When I first started working there was more of a team environment but not that way now d/t high turnover and low morale. typical day is passing meds to 20+ residents, wound care, charting, admissions, discharges and if a resident shows a change in condition transferring them out to the hospital. Management never offers to help out if you are overwhelmed but expect you to get everything done in an 8hr shift which is impossible. Vacation requests are often denied d/t lack of staff. They have a great therapy department, housekeeping and dietary are also wonderful. People from corporate need to come by unannounced once in awhile to see how a typical day is. Would not recommend anyone to apply for a job there
Pros
residents, therapy department
Cons
poor staffing, low morale, high turnover
October 31, 2017

We are sorry you did not have the employment experience you were hoping for with us. Thank you for your positive comments about our therapy, housekeeping, and dietary teams. We will pass your concerns on to our leadership team. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Medical Facilities of America is a great company to work for!
Manager, HR Operations (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 3, 2017
Hanover Health & Rehabilitation Center is a great place to work! We go the extra mile to ensure we hire the best of the best, and provide a multi-week orientation process to ensure they are onboarded correctly and set up for success! I would feel comfortable recommending the center to anyone who was looking for a career in healthcare!
Passionate about my job description
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 2, 2017
Lack of employees. My residents are the best part of my job. The hardest part is not having enough staffing. I have learned to have EXCELLENT patience with others over the years of working for the geriatrics.
Pros
Ability to care for others
Cons
Short staffing
October 31, 2017

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear how much you enjoy our residents - they are such special people! We are continually focused on hiring the right number and right type of employees to care for our residents - staff who will not only care for but also care about these special men and women. We appreciate all that you do!

Great place to learn skilled nursing techniques.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAAugust 7, 2017
Working here I learned the most valuable nursing skills in my career. The doctors and select nurses were great at teaching and taking the time to teach needed skills to succeed.
Pros
8 hour shifts, good pay
Cons
Get stuck working 16s if nurses didn't come to oncoming shifts.
October 31, 2017

We are sorry you did not have the employment experience you were hoping for with us. Thank you for your positive comments about your learning experience at our center. We wish you best of luck in your future endeavors

nice place to work , pay needs some improvments
Burkeshire health and rehab (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAJuly 24, 2017
very nice place to work over all , management is good . the pay needs some improvement along with better benefits . all the fellow employees are great .
Some departments are lacking in structure
PTA (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 18, 2017
I have worked with the company for several years and have seen many changes. Overall the company has been great to work for. The biggest issue for my departure was several recent changes in work schedules without regard for employees personal schedules being affected.
Benefits
Cons
Feeling appreciated
Horrible
Supervisor at Guilford Health and Rehab (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 4, 2017
Run away. If you don't want to lose your license don't work here. Management turns a blind eye. They don't care about staff or residents. This place is awful. Worse place I have been in
Great Place to Work
Regional Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2017
the management team was really good, everyone worked together and the training program is state of the art. I actually learned so much here, this is a great place to work at.
Very strong employee and patient focused company.
Front Office (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 3, 2017
MFA is an excellent company to work for! Benefits are outstanding, staffing ratios are low, company culture is very enjoyable! MFA is a leader in the LTC and Rehab industry. Throughout my 3 years with the company, many employees who leave thinking another company in this industry will be better in regards to schedule, staffing, patient acuity, etc. 90% or more of them call wanting to come back usually within a few months or within a year of leaving. This tells me that I work for a company that is truly a higher standard workplace. MFA has high standards for the patients and the employees. I highly recommend if you are considering employment with this company to follow through and apply; your only regret will be that you didn't do it sooner!
Pros
3 weeks PTO, 401K, free life insurance, low cost health insurance, tons of events and free food for staff often, gift cards at xmas, time and a half paid on every holiday
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Facilities of America. Our community is ready to answer.