Medical Facilities of America

Medical Facilities of America Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCFebruary 16, 2017
LHCC is very focused on the residents. They go above and beyond to make sure they are taken care of. The staff receives training and are recognized for their hard work. The Administrator, DON, HR and all the other staff are great to work with. They take time to listen to their employees. The food is great and you can get a meal for only $2! The staffing has increased and is stable! This facility is truly a fun and exciting place to work!!
Pros
Management, Holiday Pay, Direct Deposit, Food
Cons
Parking
Dangerous place for residents
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Beaufont, Richmond Va.January 6, 2017
Beaufont is run by incompetent management who ridicule residents and try to cut costs by neglecting the residents needs. The owner is well aware of the turnover and staffing issues at this location but does not feel the need to take appropriate action because they are making millions by sacrificing needs and neglecting the residents. Medicare and the state need to investigate this place. If they are making that much money, they should certainly take care of the residents. They only care when they know the state is coming or when a family member threatens to call a news outlet.
Pros
Cons
everything else
Great atmosphere to come to everyday
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Waverly VAFebruary 4, 2017
I recently joined the team at Waverly. Best decision I could have made! Everyone is friendly and focused on the residents. MFA is a great company that also puts the residents first. Everyone works together to get the job done.
Pros
Strong leadership, Patient centered, Happy environment
Cons
Location of facility increases travel time, but tolerable
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Burke, VANovember 8, 2016
I have been with the company for over 20 years now. It is a great place to work. The employees and management are very genuine and supportive. The culture is very positive and fun environment. Great work life balance. Our building has the highest retention in the company.
Pros
Great work life balance, team of professionals, open door policy
fantastic place
dining services manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 28, 2016
my time at Springtree has been amazing. everyone is very welcoming and makes you feel at ease. the staff provide excellent care. the benefits are great and the pay is very competitive of other companies in this field. I would recommend medical facilities of america to anyone who wants a fulfilling employment
Pros
benefits, competitive pay
Great place to work!!
Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Henrico, VAOctober 28, 2016
I am proud to be apart of a team that truly cares about the residents and the staff. I am honored to go to work everyday and work with a great administrative team. Our administrator is very approachable and understanding , while still running a successful center. My DON is a teacher and willing to share her knowledge. I was welcomed on day one. I have been looking for a place to grow and feel appreciated and I think I have found it in Henrico Health and Rehab !!!
LPN Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCNovember 8, 2016
Lexington Health Care is a great Nursing and Rehab center. We are like a big family and our goal is to keep our residents happy and provide them with the best care possible and return home safe after Rehab & to provide long term care for the residents that can't return home and to make this there home and take the honor to care for them and make them feel special.
I enjoy my job
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, VAFebruary 3, 2017
I have been working at Bowling Green Health and Rehab for over 3 years. There is never a dull moment and it is very fast-paced. When I work the skilled side I often end up staying late to finish my work. I truly love my patients and always want them to have the very best care. I do not like when people call out from work and leave us to pick up their slack. When we are working with good patients and enough staff the day goes very smoothly. On my unit we have a great team, and we work together. Everyone helps each other out and that is a nice feeling. They do nice things for us here, and we play things like BINGO, and have scavenger hunts for fun. The best feeling is when I get to see my patients go home happy and healthy.
Pros
Fullfilling work, good teamwork, clean building, does not have an odor, good managment team
Cons
Expected to stay late if your work is not finished, have to request PTO way in advance to make sure its approved
LOVED this job!!
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Connelly Springs, NCJanuary 5, 2017
Had some very busy days and switchboard disfunction. Overall, a truly wonderful place. New administrator was unbearable at times. VERY petty. Liked to explain things after the fact. NEVER wrong. Would always talk down to women.
Pros
Residents are lovely.
Cons
Management poor.
Poor Administration and Leadership
professoinal (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA BeaufontSeptember 16, 2016
The patients do not get the care they deserve and pay for because inexperienced administrator has no clue what she is doing! Staffing is horrible, turnover is high, and nobody really cares for the patients but a few cna's. Leadership talks about the residents like they are trash and makes fun of them while the owner has ordered that Beaufont make a million dollars this year. Horrible care. I would not send my ex here!
Pros
Caring for the patients
Cons
Administrator only goal is to make a million dollars for owner no compassion for patients at all!
horrible management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  beaufont Richmond vaFebruary 1, 2017
admin and owner want only to make huge profits at the expense of residents. They do not listen to nursing concerns from the residents and director of nursing I does not care unless family is standing there. Nobody will fix the problems. Do not send family here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
administrator
Great Company, Wonderful Place to Work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 2, 2016
Medical Facilities of America, Parham Health & Rehabilitation Center specifically, is a wonderful employer. The management team truly cares about the company mission of providing the best care to our patients and encourages the employees to do the same. There is a wonderful team oriented culture and everyone always has a smile on their face.
Pros
Excellent work life balance, great culture, generouse PTO
Outstanding Facility and Service
Discharge Planning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vinton, VAAugust 29, 2016
As a MFA employee, I have been highly satisfied with all that this facility has to offer. Despite the circumstances, I have found that each individual within the different departments, is willing to step in and help in any way possible. That may mean taking on extra work, providing guidance, and showing support towards others. Most importantly the patients come first. Guaranteeing their happiness and satisfaction is what allows this facility to thrive. We keep a positive work environment to ensure the patients get the assistance they need daily.
September 19, 2016

Thank you for sharing your review. Patient care is our number one priority and the outstanding teamwork from a team of talented and dedicated individuals definitely helps us ensure the delivery of high quality care to our patients. We are glad you are part of the family and having such a positive experience!

Awesome place!
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waverly, VAJanuary 31, 2017
Been here for a while now, love everyone here and wouldn't trade it for anything! The environment for the most part is always a happy vibe. Bonus available upon 90 days, gift cards, and employee bingo!
Pros
Awesome co-workers, cheap lunches, overtime if you want it
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAFebruary 20, 2017
Excellent employer with great benefits and an awesome work environment. There are always smiling faces and our staff work as a team. Great place to work.
Pros
Knowing I help make a difference in the lives of our residents.
Cons
No cons, great employer.
Terrible experience
Therapist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 17, 2016
Biggest issue is the management staff in building. Tons of racial tension in building and if you are not on the right side of it you are targeted. Management has different rules that are enforced for different people. The department heads are allowed to be rude, gossip, and treat the rest of the staff like they are beneath them. The administrator allows select department heads to run the building and their behavior goes unchecked. Many of the department head staff have personal relationships outside of work and if you are not in that inner circle you are treated rudely. The regional therapy manager is offensive and useless.
Pros
Excellent Benes and pay
Cons
Management, Building culture
September 19, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Communication is very important and we appreciate your perspective. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate members of our leadership team.

Working at Medical Facilities of America has been such an rewarding experience!
Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 16, 2016
I have been with MFA for five years and each year seems to get better! I absolutely enjoy coming to work each day! Everyone here works as a team and interacts great with the patients!! The positivity that flows through the building is easily seen by the smiles on the faces of the patients and employees. The Adminstrator and Director of Nursing are very approachable and easy to talk to. If you are looking for a great company to work for in the Medical Field I highly suggest checking out Medical Facilities of America!
August 26, 2016

We appreciate your kind review and are pleased to hear that your work has been both enjoyable and rewarding. Teamwork is very important at MFA, and our approach to caring for our patients translates to better outcomes and a more personal, rewarding experience for patients and employees alike. Keep up the great work!

Great enviroemnt
Director of Activities (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 5, 2016
Working for MFA has been amazing, the people are so welcoming and warming. The residents/patients are enjoyable to work with anytime I'm having a bad day, for sure the resident/patients knows how to turn it around. We work as a team, no finger pointing, and get things done. The customer service here is over the top, not just to our residents/patients but also from employee to employee.
Pros
Great Benefits, Lunch is avaliable
August 15, 2016

Thank you for sharing your review. We are so glad to hear you are part of the family and have found our organization to be a great place to work!

My Experience working at Waverly Health snd Rehabilitation Ctr.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waverly, VAJuly 27, 2016
Waverly Health and Rehabilitation Center is one of the most wonderful facilities that I have been employed at. The staff are all nice and they welcome you with open arms, the hardest part about this job is getting attached to residents and families who you may only know temporarily. I really enjoy doing activities with residents and also working with my co-workers. Managers are really nice and they expect you to get the job done.
Pros
Free First Day Lunch, Very slow-paced
A pleasant place to work, when they had a travel-pool.
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 24, 2016
The overall experience at MFA was good. I enjoyed traveling to the different facilities working with new staff and meeting new residents tell their stories of their lives when they were younger. I would start my work day by first making sure my staff are present and accounted for, the next thing is to check on my clients to make sure their well being is taken care of. Once these things are addressed I work on time management and completing all and any given tasks that the job entitles.
Pros
Meeting new people from different cultural backgrouds.
Cons
frequently under staffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Facilities of America. Our community is ready to answer.

75%