Medical Group Management Association Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Shocked by the positive reviews
Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 8, 2016
As a current employee of MGMA, I am scratching my head over who is writing the positive reviews. I especially enjoy the recent reviews from employees that haven’t worked at MGMA in years. In fact, I think those reviews are quite questionable since many things don’t ring true. Oral exams haven’t been given in more than 10 years and the last person who helped with those left over five years ago. Why write a recent review of a place that you haven’t worked at in five years? Is the review a plant? Was it written by the PR firm that has been retained to stop the public bashing? MGMA used to be great, but it is quickly going down the toilet. Check out the reviews on Glass Door for a better picture of the organization. And don’t work at MGMA. Most of our employees are leaving as well.
Pros
Talented co-workers.
Cons
Talented co-workers are leaving in droves.
Offices and breakroom areas were comfortable with nice outside ammenities as well.
Membership and Certification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 16, 2016
A day included typical executive office dictation, phone calls, and maintaining database information. Co-workers were wonderful. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping College members work toward their Fellow certification. This required coordination of their oral and written exams as well as submission of a paper concerning medical group management issues. I coordinated the annual written and oral exams which were held at a different US location each year.
Pros
Great leadership!
Great place to work for a marketer!
Membership Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 19, 2016
I worked as the recruitment manager several years ago for MGMA and ACMPE. It was a great situation because the marketing budget was ample, there were many strong marketing colleagues, they believe is metrics, and the company believes in market research. This is a great recipe for highly effective marketing results. I had a lovely office. The association is progressive and though relatively small, is well run from a corporate standpoint. There was just enough travel to keep it interesting . The company believes in education for its employees. They promote best practices in running the organization. I learned a lot at MGMA and ACMPE.
Pros
Learning, best practices
Cons
Some difficult management, but I believe all are long gone
Excellent Company
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 17, 2014
Scratching my head... Still not sure why I left... Company was awesome! Management was the best.
Pros
excellent job
Cons
no cons.
Medical Group Management Association Health Care Consulting Group
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2013
I worked in the Health Care Consulting Group within MGMA. I performed all clerical duties for 11 health care consultants who traveled across the United States to medical group practices who needed consulting services. Duties began with sending out formal written proposals, booking travel, being a liaison between the consultants and their clients, who were medical practice administrators and physicians, assisting the consultants while they were on site at medical practices with any clerical needs they may have had, compiling and expediting extensive post-site visit reports to group practice administrators, invoicing for consulting services and compiling payroll for consultants.
MGMA is a great organization
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 14, 2013
From the top down, the employees do a great job for physician practice management members. MGMA is a quality not-for-profit providing a lot of benefit to members.
A Day in the life of....
Sr. Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 5, 2012
I learned about product management, managing online courses, and producing webinars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Group Management Association. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4