The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree and have 5+ years experience in healthcare risk management, quality improvement, and/or patient safety with computer experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access a plus). Claims experience; experience with regulatory agencies as well as experience with preparation and presentation of educational programs a plus; excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Competitive salary and benefits, some travel required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director in providing risk management support to clients. Responsible for planning and implementing hospital risk educational programs.
- Responsible for maintaining strong relationships with healthcare clients
- Overall responsibility for planning, organizing and implementing Annual Risk Conference Provide educational and orientation sessions to facilities as requested
- Assist the Director in the ongoing development of risk management survey tools. Serve as liaison between Claims Department and healthcare facility.
- Assist hospital department management team in managing projects, meeting deadlines and with broker/client interaction. Assist in responding to and resolving client inquiries.
- Provide underwriters with a risk management review of new underwriting and renewal submissions based on knowledge, claims history, survey reports and other additional information
- Assist in developing appropriate IS reports to address internal and external data needs.
- Participate in department meetings and projects, as necessary.
- Provide the Director with monthly and quarterly risk management reports.
- Assist the Director in the development of loss control strategies based on trends and data collected. Must be able to prioritize workload effectively.
- Provide appropriate back up in the Director’s absence.
- Monitor continuing developments in the healthcare industry via the media and internet.
- Attend conferences and seminars as required.
- Assist in the development of IS reports