Medical Ministry International, MMI, is an international non-profit committed to providing care to the poor in the name of Jesus Christ. We are a forward thinking company committed to providing lasting solutions through excellence in medicine and overall patient wellness in 22 countries throughout the world.
The function of this position is to provide technical and administrative support for Windows operated LAN and a variety of application software in order to maintain a superior level of overall efficiency.
- Manage all network hardware (including routers, switches, hubs, UPS devices).
- Assist in providing solutions to user reported computer and networking problems.
- Maintain adequate level of knowledge pertaining to all operating systems and application software currently in use.
- Monitor and evaluate software/hardware and assist in increasing networking efficiency.
- Provide training and technical support to internal and external staff on new and existing software/hardware.
- Install new software applications or hardware on the LAN
- Communicate and coordinate with third parties when necessary.
- Add and maintain users on the network; assign application access; ensure network security; and maintain configuration standards.
- Assist in installation of workstations and printers on LAN.
- Participate in team meetings, provide input and suggestions
- Participate in planning processes for Quality Systems department in relation to Information Technology.
- In support of network development, conduct research on network product, service, and protocols. Monitor progress and completion of IT goals.
- Monitor load balance on servers and make recommendations accordingly.
- Aid in disaster recovery plans and business continuity.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to think critically, be adaptable and optimize time.
- Minimum of Associates Degree
- 3 years experience (preferable in a Client/Server environment)
- SQL Server Administration
- Exchange server Administration
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2010
- Must possess a dynamic learning capacity able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies to further MMI’s goals.
- Clear understanding of the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and attention to detail.
- Be at work when assigned and comply with MMI’s timekeeping policy.
- Occasional inspection of cables under desks and behind furniture.
- Lifting and transporting up to 50 pounds.
- Sitting for an extended period of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, meetings.
Disclaimer: this is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job. MMI is compliant with all TWC conditions and is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 2 years ago