Medical Mutual of Ohio Employee Reviews

efficient at being inefficient
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2017
micro managing from executive level leads to mass inefficiencies.
no one can make a decision and approval has to be obtained through all levels of management.
very little support from some management
CYA environment
little advancement opportunities unless you part of the click.
excuses made for those who are like, others are punished
Productive fast paced call center
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2017
Answer anywhere between 40-60 calls between healthcare providers and members about benefits, eligibility and claims. Quote benefits for general services or run codes by CPT, HCFA and ICD-10, answer questions on claims and prior approvals. The work culture is more casual and relaxed with separate cubical s for privacy. the most enjoyable part of my job to me is helping the providers or members that I am helping out.
Pros
Pto
Cons
short breaks
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 7, 2017
I only worked here for 3 months (contract position during enrollment period) but the team was really helpful and nice to work with My supervisor was nice and flexible.
Community involved company
Small Machine Specialist (Current Employee) –  2060 East 9th Street, Cleveland Ohio 44118May 27, 2017
A typical day begins as most any other but the people I work with and the culture the employees embody make relatively mundane tasks a pleasure to do. Everyone works hard for the common goal of helping and making life better.
Pros
Healthy atmosphere including a gym
Cons
N/a
Pay is good.
Reviewer, Care Transitions (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 14, 2017
Care management/Care Transitions department is a very difficult job. Department always short-staffed. Salaried position with no comp time. Typical training, in classroom, is 6 months.
Pros
May be approved to work from home
Cons
Insurance benefits are less than what would be expected while working for an insurance company.
Good people great benefits
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2017
I would come in log on start making corrections to bills to support the billing analyst there to so they could do their job more efficiently. this is where a started learning the bill process, thru OCR and handling bills. the workplace was great it was like my own family there the management team was very good at everything the most things I liked is how we all got along worked as a team, did exercise. had great company outings I loved it.
Pros
Atmosphere was great
Cons
No cons it was just great working there
anywhere but MA
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2017
I love the work I do, I like the people and there's always something to do. I hear from everybody I meet with the company that they like their job. everyone has it good, except for people in Medicare Advantage. Most of my coworkers dislike the stress and the pressure is so high the expectations are out of this world. Unless you're a medicare guru,this dept will eat you up and spit you out. Benefits are decent but parking sucks. good luck finding a reserved spot anywhere near the HQ without paying $200+ a month. Great opportunity but if you're looking for happiness, you wont find it here.
Cons
Parking, Micromanagement, management
Benefits were excellent
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2017
Work was fast paced with short deadlines (in my department). Other departments did not always have an understanding of what co-workers in other areas were or were not responsible for, so a lot of time was wasted in trying to chase down answers to questions or problems. Also the Company did not seem to value a centralized historical record, so there was a lot of repetitive research.
The Company did provide a number of health incentives, such as a fitness center (which considering the stress of the workplace was a definite bonus) and an exceptional cafeteria.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home twice a week
Cons
Management decisions were not based on input from affected employees
Very production and love helping people
Senior Claims/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 7, 2017
Love to have a job that I am not stressed out the whole day. I work well with others! Would like to have a good attitude with co-workers!
Love People
Pros
close to home and to have a cafertia
Cons
n/a
Excellent company
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 30, 2017
Excellent company and organization to work for
The superiors were very interested in employees welfare and concerenced for the tools needed to perform daily job functions
I love my job
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2017
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a great place to work, the pay is a little low. Parking is a problem downtown and it is very costly. But over all a great place to work.
IT Department Review
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 7, 2017
The IT department is largely a mainframe shop so don't expect to be dealing with bleeding edge technologies. Also, the management is set in their ways and isn't forward thinking.
Very Educational Learning Place
Business Systems Acceptance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 6, 2017
Very good place to work for. I have learned a lot coming from a totally different background. Healthcare industry is in high demand and I appreciate all that I have learned during my 13 years.
Pros
Pto, Flex Time
Cons
Health Benefits
Productive and fun at job
Medicare Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Flexible work Hours
Co-operative Management Team
Good Staff
Friendly and Fun
Pros
Liberty
Cons
No Benefits
Excellent company
Senior Group Membership Processor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Performed data entry skills, assisted with computer and equipment issues.

Helped with implementing a new imaging system.

Moved to senior membership processor within 1 year.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, superior supervisor management assistance
A Rudderless Ship
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2017
It's not a bad place to work and it's not too demanding. The pay is little low, some good perks like health insurance, a free gym and a nice cafe to eat lunch. The management team is very weak and I'll leave it at that, training has also been cut to nothing so don't expect to learn anything in IT you don't already know or learn on your own.
Pros
At Home Schedule and some Perks
Cons
Management and Training
Good Work Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2017
Good work environment, stable company, good pay, good benefits, and promotes healthy living. The company does a good job of expressing its appreciation for its employees.
paid well, work hard
Manager Member, Provider, and Medicare Appeals (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2016
You will be paid well, but look to work 50-60 hours a week for it. Staffing is thin, so you are pulled in a lot of directions.
Pros
paid well
Cons
you will work very, very, very hard for that pay.
Great Place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 28, 2016
Great company with great benefits, and cares about their employees. Great work sites , Medical Mutual cares about how their workers feel, which helps employees feel valued.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours
Great Place to Work!
Dental Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 13, 2016
I have a lot of friends here. Very comfortable place to work!!

I arrive at 8:00, and work until 5:00. I answer phones and talk to patients, dental offices, and other insurance companies as well. I relay benefits, breakdown claims and explain how and why a claim processed as it did.

I do my best to deliver the best customer service experience possible to each person I assist.
Pros
Talking to Members outside and delivering good business.
Cons
The only con is that I drive over an hour to get here.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Mutual of Ohio. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Mutual of Ohio Reviews by Location