MEDICAL MUTUAL OF OHIO

MEDICAL MUTUAL OF OHIO Employer Reviews

processing claims
Dental Claims Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 23, 2014
The most rewarding part of my job was helping patients. A typical day at work would be processing of medical claims.
Challenging and supportive work environment
Job Description Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2014
Values high performance, ambition and teamwork. Recently ranked highest in customer satisfaction among the health plans in the Ohio region, according to J.D. Power 2014 Member Health Plan Study.
WONDERFUL WORK PLACE
Sr. Claims/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), STRONGSVILLE, OHIOJune 30, 2014
LOVE THE EXPERIENCE, WOULD LOVE TO STAY NEED ROOM FOR GROWTH , WORK PLACE TYPICAL 9-5
Productive and fun workplace
Claims/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Copley, OHJune 20, 2014
Very family oriented and management works very well with employees.
productive work place
Medical and Dental Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2014
A enjoyable work place with diversity and room for advancement. .
A wonderful place to work!
Medical Underwriter II (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: decreasing benefits
I enjoyed my time and people at Medical Mutual.
I hated to leave, it was only due to ACA downsizing I left.
Good company but very little opportunity for advancement.
Provider Contracting Sr. Coordinator (Current Employee), Powell, OHMarch 18, 2014
Fast paced work environment, which I like. There is something new that you learn quite often. Other employees are pleasant to work with and everyone gets along well.

The big down side is that is very little opportunity for advancement unless you are willing to relocate to Cleveland.
Healthy and community involved company
Coordination of Benefits Senior Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2014
I loved my job at Medical Mutual of Ohio. They had a very good wellness program, good pay and benefits and were involved in the community and local charities. If I hadn't moved out of state to be closer to my family, I would still be there.
Awesome place to work
Sr. Claims Examiner/Customer Service (Current Employee), Copley, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: work with a great bunch of ladie
Cons: drive time
I was am a Claims examiner/Customer Service Rep
If I am not paying claims I am taking phone calls from members in referance to their benefits and/or bills
Declining!
Analyst (Former Employee), StrongsvilleDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria at downtown location and tuition reimbursement
Cons: micro managing, passive agressive, unethical leaders
An organization is only as good as its leaders! That being said...Management needs more training and to be evaluated by subordinate. Horrible hiring patterns for managers and leaders. Management is aloof, passive aggressive and too insecure to develop future leaders of the company. Processes are redundant and new ideas aren't welcomed. Advancement is – more... hard unless you have "family and/or friends" at the top. Top level management not very diverse. HR is not open door. New managers are allowed to bring with them disgusting and degrading habits (I.e. sexual gestures and lewdness). -- – less
Productive place to work
Claims/Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Copley, OHNovember 13, 2013
Pros: it was close to home
Cons: lack of consideration for employees
Medical mutual strives to be professional, lack of consistent training, system could stand to be more user friendly.
Good Company
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2013
Good company to work for. i just nned a possible career change
I liked working from home best because it was convenient and much cheaper even though I had to buy my own computer.
Pool Claims Processor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 28, 2013
Pros: a good cafeteria
Cons: parking
Worked there 9 yrs. In house and worked from home. Mostly my job was to process claims. For the most part management was good. Co-workers were
good. Hardest part of job was trying to meet quotas.
Great place to work and very health concious
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 2060 East Ninth Strett, Cleveland, Ohio 44115August 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very few companies like it and we need more of them.
Overall, Medical Mutual is a fantastic company that not only cares about it's employees, but also plays an active role in the community. It's a company that commits to being fair and balanced always seeking quality people who are able to give excellent service and create relevant products for are present day changes in health care.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 15, 2013
Cool Company to work for. Relax atmosphere. Flexible hours
It was a great place to work
Building Attendant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay, great people
Cons: heavy work if in housekeeping dept.
Management was awesome, they were very fair in their practices. My co-workers were okay.....we had a bit of a language barrier but all in all it was okay. The hardest part about the job is that it's a very physical job. Had to lift heavy buckets of water, It was a lot of hard work. We did have a chance to talk and laugh and it made the day go by faster.
Good Summer Internship
Membership Enrollment/Billing Specialist (Intern) (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 11, 2013
This is a good place to intern at. Good people to connect with. The only problem I had during the summer I interned there was that my dept. manager didn't know what to do with her 2 interns. Her department was new to accepting interns.
Not the best place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 16, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: don't appreciate hard workers.
You take a lot of calls and no recognition for that. Quality is way too picky and very stressful work environment.
Structured
Benefits Ananlyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: non existence of management jobs
Receive work via email. Work on coding benefits for new groups and old groups. Maybe assigned something as a priority and it must be completed within the time specified. Managers are knowledgeable and are concerned about the growth of their employee within the Benefit Service Department. My co-workers are great people who work well under deadlines and – more... together. The hardest part of the job is waiting on information from another area within the company to complete your job. The benefits and the longevity I have acquired through the company – less
Money, Money, Money
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 23, 2012
Pros: amazing benefits, great pay, onsite weight room, good bonuses
Cons: guilt after a long day of giving people the run around
Great pay and benefits. Typical corporate hierarchy keeps the place running smooth and efficient. Not the place if an individual wants to feel like you are helping people but if you want to live well then MMOH is you spot.

About MEDICAL MUTUAL OF OHIO

Medical Mutual of Ohio is a not-for-profit managed care company that provides health insurance products and related services to some 1.6 – Read more