Medical Mutual Employee Reviews

Medical Mutual
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115May 19, 2017
A nice place to work, great benefits and wonderful people. The building downtown has a nice cafeteria with hot, fresh cooked food every day. There is an on-sight gym that is free for staff to use. Only downside is having to pay for parking.
Very fast paced work enviroment
Customer Care Specialists (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 10, 2017
A typical day is spend on the Phones talking with providers and members re: benefits and eligibility. The training is very good, and management will try to work with you as much as the can
Pros
Job securty
Cons
fast paced
Customer Service and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 30, 2017
They are very friendly place to work, incoming call center several call but always made everyone feel appreciated in the company and had great coworkers
Great company with many benefits
Group Underwriting Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioSeptember 1, 2016
Fantastic place to work! I love my job, but we are interested in moving to the Cape Coral area at some point. Benefits are great. I work for an amazing Director. My day starts at 7am and ends at 3:30pm, but I've been known to work hours extra. I am Salaried, Exempt. My co-workers are like family.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Co-workers
Great Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 26, 2016
Great environment, tailored to professional and personal growth. This company truly wants to see you progress, however your work ethic and self-growth/ goals must show initiative.
Great Company to work for!!
Provider Contacting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43215August 8, 2016
Medical Mutual is a great place for employment. They offer excellent benefits, compensation and advancement. Everyone works well as a team and really care for their job and each other. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for!
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Compensation, Great Co-workers!!
Excellent place to work
Underwriting Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2016
Laid-off due to Healthcare Reform and have been laid-off from other employers but no employer had ever treated their employees with as much dignity and respect as Medical Mutual had. Aside from that MMO is a great place to work with their perks and benefits and the overall culture of the company.
Do not recommend this company
CSR (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2016
Typical day at work was like any office cube job, get to work on time and start your day. That was OK. This company is only great for upper management. There NO room for growth whatsoever. Not a hard job if you have a brain. Did not like the treatment of EEs from management. It is clear you are the HELP at this place. Do not recommend if you are looking to grow and further your career
Pros
No pros
Cons
No growth and tremendous disrespect from upper management
Sr. Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2015
The management / HR is okay at best. I was there for 6 years and it seems that HR only listens to the executives. Medical Mutual is not for the employees, the executives rule the roost.
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2015
A typical day begins with working with the employees and management. Answering phones, filing and sponsorships. Always enjoyable to work with fellow employees doing community events.
Informative
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2015
Great benefits, In depth training program, Great management team, and Opportunities for advancement. Every one helpful to help out, able to enjoy the downtown life. Free gym on site, big on promoting healthy living.
Busy taking tire mileage.
Data Entry Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2015
Kept track of tire mileage from trucks, buses and vans. Everyone helped each other.
management needs training in many aspects of their job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  ohioDecember 10, 2014
very poor connection,lacks of concern.. work and nothing else, you may get some lunch but you still don't feel appreciated cause you cant eat it cause they wont let you off the phone. just not structured properly for employees, need to find another job not what i had in mind at all when I was wanting to work here. the pay is good but not good enough to feel so under appreciated and lacks a clear connection for growth..buyer beware..its not all its cracked up to be the surveys are of people who have been in positions and are gravy making 45,000 a year to answer a phone who really should have retired but are easy breezy now,, a very company that does not look at your performance for real-especially when your manager knows nothing and i mean nothing about systems, processes and call handling but thy know if your cool with kissing up and working ot all the time your golden,..again buyer beware i need to find balance in work and this aint it
Pros
pay, location
Cons
everyting else short of them calling you PON'S in your face.
Very exciting place, always changes. Fun employee/ manager environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OhioOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work would be, logging into the system and getting ready to take calls about benefits or claims.

I learned a lot about medical insurance and how it all works and how important is to know what type of plan you have.

The mangers are awesome they're always willing to listen when you need to talk and when you're doing a good it is recognized.

The hardest part is when a member doesn't have to coverage for something the need medically and I have to be the one to tell them.

The most enjoyable part is I get to help people and its mostly a customer based type of job and I love that because I love working with people.
Pros
Lots of employee functions
Cons
constantly changing,fast pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2014
customer service is the key
I have learned a lot about how medical benefits and claims process
Great place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 1, 2014
Great company, and great career advancement programs. I was working in the company accounting department, and had the chance to work with the college interns that was doing there accounting rotation at the time. Medical Mutual is a great family feeling company, and they really care about the concerns there employees have.
Good company to work for
Customer Care Specialists (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2014
Like working for a company with stability. Great compensation also.
If I could go back...
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 24, 2014
The supervisory team is wonderful. They are the only reason I gave management 4 stars. They listen and attempt to get things done. The upper management, however is full of inflated egos that worry more about looking good than making useful changes.
Customer service is one of the highest paying jobs in the company, but it is also one of the worst things to do. If you apply for the company, it's a good foot in the door, but I would apply for anything else that comes up after your probationary year. If you don't, it's easy to be unnoticed and, before long, stuck.
The people at the company that could fix things and make life easier for everyone, focus on small repairs rather than major changes.So if a customer calls in angry about one situation and we fix their particular issue, good, but what about the other 300 people calling about the same thing?! Fixing the overall issue isn't a top priority for this company.
As with any company, a lot of the employees are nosy and revert to juvenile behavior when it comes to other employees' affairs. Be cautious what you say and to whom you say it.
If you're looking for a job that will look good on future resumes, by all means, apply here, but do so with caution and begin looking elsewhere once you're settled in.
Pros
Great pay for a customer service job, Job Security inside Customer Service, Discounts
Cons
Poor senior management, Nosy co-workers, Poor benefits considering you work for the insurance company, itself...
Under prior CEO was a good place to work
Customer Care Represetative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2014
Very difficult to review fairly. After 28 years of employment was forced into early retirement.
Benefits
Cons
No job security
Family oriented company
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 10, 2014
Education in Medical benefits, productive and a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Short personal time