Medical Science & Computing, LLC (MSC) is dedicated to providing scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a long history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH). MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
Medical Science & Computing, Inc. is searching for a System Administrator to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site at NIH in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support for Atlassian tools
- Proficiency in developing small Java routines (e.g. JIRA plugins)
- Proficiency in administering Linux servers, LAMP, etc.
- Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef, etc. Puppet is preferred)
- Fluent in Ruby, Python, or Perl
- Demonstrated significant experience in Linux Systems Administration
- General understanding of Linux internals
- General understanding of TCP.IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with large, complex Linux environment
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in System Administration
- Experience with Atlassian product line (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience in a software development team using methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and experience coordinating technical work across multiple software development teams
EEO/AA – M/F/D/V
Indeed - 20 months ago