Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
We are currently searching for programmer analyst to provide support in the development and deployment of software applications in the collection, storage and analysis of primary research data at a major research facility within the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Frederick, Maryland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our facility has deployed a commercial Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) environment; this position will work with the scientific staff and the LIMS administrator to add functionality or customization to existing functionality. Additionally, the position will support the continued use and integration of existing information systems as needed. These activities include; * Applying general principals of software development and system adoption strategies to projects and programs of our facility.
- Develop reporting strategies to best facilitate or leverage the LIMS and secondary data sources
- Customization will require a working knowledge of T SQL and the ability to provide general database design
- Support basic data processing, extraction and visualization
- Support and extend the use of MS SharePoint as a means of information delivery
- Build and deploy web services that will include data integration to 3rd party tools sets
Position Requirements: * Bachelors in Computer Science or Biological Sciences with experience in related computational disciplines
- Skillful with development tools and languages: SQL, XML, and DBMS utilities.
Experience in: * Database development, optimization, maintenance, and administration
- Any of the following languages: Perl/Python, Shell, JAVA
- Text data processing: parsing, cleansing, loading in a database server environment
- Practical ability to document requirement
- Experience with Macros scripting, such as Excel macros
Understanding of: * Relational database concepts
- SQL database queries and relationships
- System enhancement principles and tools, such as Design/Coding/ Performance/ Maintenance
- Report development scientific data presentation
Optional experience and credentials include: * Training in life science and biological lab work experience
- Experience with LabWare LIMS/ Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)
- Experience with creating Crystal Reports, MS Reporting Services or Tableau for data visualization
Additional Desired Skills: * Previous biotechnology experience or experience in clinical research
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.