Medical Service Company Employee Reviews

great job security
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Latham NY -Procair OfficeFebruary 2, 2015
This would have been my dream job had it not been for an office manager who lacked the skill to manage anything or anyone. I worked as a CSR my responsibilities were to take incoming class and handle request for oxygen, cpap, and other DME. I started in October 2014 and was never given any formal training by my office manager. She would tell me all that I had done wrong and needed to improve on very often but she never took the time to train me to do thing the correct way it was a very frustrating situation. Also she was very ignorant in that on numerous occasions she talked down about other employees in the office who reported to her. She also told me on more than one occasion about her racist relatives and their feelings toward African Americans and any one else who was not Caucasian. Overall it was a very difficult experience all because of poor management I could never focus on the job and I didn't learn much in my time there.
Cons
poor management, poor compensation, weak training program
Excellent experience, comfortable work atmosphere and, great group of professionals to work with. My experience was a non-paying externship for school
Intern-Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati,OHSeptember 2, 2014
I was an extern for Brown Mackie College Cincinnati so I am uncertain of the compensation benefits, job security and, advancement opportunities. I can say that my experience was a good one. They have a wonderful company with a group of people it is a pleasure to work with. Their management staff is knowledgeable and, active in the day to day workings of the company. If I had the opportunity, I would gladly accept an employment position.
Pros
freedom to work autonomously. new knowledge every day. great work atmosphere.
Cons
no in-house biomed tech. no permanent position for me following externship.
BEWARE!!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakwood VillageFebruary 15, 2014
At first it seemed like a great place to work for, until they started to lay people off. When they let you go/lay you off, they make you feel less than a human being, They don't even give you the opportunity to go back and get your personal belongings. They go through everything and mail your personals to you. It's a very small environment so just beware. They act like they care for you as an employee but they really don't.
Pros
you may come across a few good people
Cons
mangers/human resources are snakes!!
Great place to work and externship!!
Pharmacy Tech(Extern) (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OhioNovember 4, 2013
I had a great experience doing my externship with MSC. The Pharmacy Director and his team are friendly and were willing to teach me about the institutional side of pharmacy. A typical day was never typical...always something different!
Pros
employees work together as a team!!!!
Cons
sad to leave
Teamwork in action
Procurement Specialist/Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHOctober 29, 2013
This company stresses a culture of getting the patients care at the top of the priority list. I learned a lot about constructing and operations of a new building. Management was a supportive team there for all employees. Co-workers were dedicated and proud. The hardest aspect of this job was adapting to several software changes. The most enjoyable part was learning and conquering the software changes!
Pros
learning about new building construction
Cons
not enough hours in a day
Excellent company to work for, good benefits.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 10, 2013
This was a good company to work for. I was laid off due to company downsizing.
Good Company
Revenue Qualification Cmn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, OHJuly 2, 2013
I enjoyed working for medical services. My day consist of working my initials cmn's. upon completion. following up with co workers, insurance companies and Doctor office. to make sure all information was needed for completion of Cmn before releasing claims. The most enjoyable part was working with all my co-workers as a team.