Medical Services of America Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Medicare Collector (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 7, 2017
awesome place to work, great work environment, very proficient management, great customer service. Overall, a great place to work and advance. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customer.
certified nursing assistant
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sparta, NCMay 4, 2017
I have worked in differant areas in hospital surroundings.i have worked with differant types of patients.i have worked with home health and hospic patients for nine years.i have computer skills and have worked in material management. doing order enteryand par levels andordering and replaceing stock.i no all surgery suppies and what they are used for.
Company needs a few changes...
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 2, 2017
Compensation is not great and turn over is high. You do get great experience if you're looking to get into the home care industry. There are some great employees that work for the company and truly put patient care first. Our accounts we service know who those people are!!
Pros
Good for people needing to gain experience into the home care world!
Cons
Compensation is not good.
Msa
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 11, 2017
Only issue is upper administration presence, they are always absent. Typical day at work is seeing your assigned patients, responding to any PRN needs such as falls, SOB, pain, etc. Always a nurse needed on call.
Awfu lplace to work.
Patient Service Tech (PST) (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 11, 2017
Medical services of america could be a great place to work. However, the management has zero business sense, making the job very frustrating. Also Nepotism reeks throughout the company.
Pros
Getting the feeling you are helping someone
Cons
Everything else. terrible
Run
RN Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 19, 2017
Low wages. Poor management. Very high turnover with nurses Have to use agency staffing RN's in a specialty with no hospice experience due to RN's always quitting! Secretaries that run the offices due to managers walking out. Extreme negativity within the offices. Over worked staff due to being short staffed equals a lot of on call. No work/home life balance. Time for most of the upper management to retire!
Pros
Cons
Low wages, negative work place, poor upper management
My second time with company
Regional Manager / Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 13, 2017
This was the second time to work for this company. I believe that I was hired to get the company in position for the healthcare problems that were to come. I improved the companies profit margins by over a half a million dollars in three months before my layoff after the 2012 elections.
Great People to work with
Clinical Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with clinical staff who I supported in the field. The staff provided me with many laughs and great conversation as we worked through their software issues.

I learned that I have a good way with others and am patient. Many times users would say how grateful they were for my assistance because I was willing to listen to their issues/concerns, provided guidance on how to prevent in the future, and willing to take the time they needed so they understood.

The hardest part of my job was trying to connect with users because some were in very remote locations so actual connectivity to their laptops was very slow, and could take me 6+ hours to get their data.

My most enjoyable part of the job was training others. I love to share my knowledge and watch others grow.
Pros
Could work remotely
Cons
Restrictions due to hardware issues
Large corporation
Director of Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 19, 2017
8:00 - 5:00 M-F
I did learn a lot at MSA. I was there 13 years. Overall the management & analyst skills are what I valued the most.
My immediate supervisor was great however the Board had too much on their plates (work) to really participate in the challenges most if not all of their employees felt.
The workplace was extremely fast paced without enough employees and most of all under compensated loyal employees who were neglected.
Lack of communication
The relationships I made while there. It's not all bad although my overall rating is low. I started with this company in 2001 expecting to retire there. In the end, I felt spent and used. I left under compensated for the amount of work & responsibilities I had and was replaced by a Board members family who took on less for more money.
Pros
At the end, None. I can't thing of one good thing to say here
Cons
At the end. Everything. I can't think of one thing that wasn't bad
Good environment to work
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJanuary 13, 2017
Good job, benefits and people. I had a good team around me. I miss most the patients that I had come to know through the years.
Pros
Company vehicle, interaction with customers
Cons
on-call 24/7
Loved the people I worked with and helping patients
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 26, 2016
Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. Love the people I work with , and helping patients over the phone and or walkins. Hour lunch is a plus espically when things get stressful it gives you a moment to relax and gather your thoughts. Hardest part of the job is not being able to dispense medical equipment to a patient because insurance will not pay for it. Unfortunately the store I work for is closing due to being bought out. I loved working for this company, it has made me lovethe medical field. I love helping people and working fulltime.
Pros
Hour lunch, paid holidays, off weekends
Cons
Managment, training times are very short
Family friendly culture
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 3, 2016
Good place to work overall, great people. Poor training programs or lack there of and a poor communication in the entire company.
Pros
Excellent p.t.o. and family oriented
Cons
Serious lack of training
It paid the bills
Customer Service Manager of Central Intake (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 24, 2016
It helped me to learn about durable medical equipment and gave me a new understanding on customer service. Some of the supervisors were micro managers and played favorites.
Pros
you learn a lot of new things
Cons
management issues sometimes
Constantly worried if you have a job!!
AE (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 11, 2016
The Corporate board needs to all be fired and start from scratch. They are constantly making very poor decisions that has impacted several employees across each and every location they have. 14 locations are closing and employees are loosing their jobs. The board decided to go with a HUB system that caused several locations to go under. Made a lot of the local referrals mad and they quit using the locations. It's best to stay away from this company, the future of it looks very grim.
Pros
Co workers are great!
Cons
Inconsistent
Productive and compassionate work enviroment
HOSPICE AIDE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work involves the oversight of 20 Hospice CNA's throughout 6 counties. Scheduling patient visits, assuring coverage. Implementing patient care plans and policies are followed. I enjoy being a support system for the CNA's and strive to be available to them at all times. the most enjoyable part of my job is definitely filling in for a CNA and visiting patients.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
job/home life unbalance
Small company Family owned Changes in Healthcare. Need more computer updated systems.. Running behind the times
Wound, Infusion and Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 17, 2016
Small company. Need more computer applications. low pay, not great Medical benefits.. Lots of Turnover. Family owned. Good old Boy Network in South Carolina .
Pros
small
Cons
small computer system is outdated
Couldn't pay me to go back
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  columbiaMarch 14, 2016
there is no job security constant fear of loosing your job due to work force reduction. you are afraid to get up or talk to anyone. the slightest mistake can get you fired. and the policy is you have to kick a ball up to kick it out, so the only chance of promotion is if you are about to get fired.
Company is going to go under
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 17, 2016
Poor leadership and poor decisions with no regard for the employees. Losing millions every year. Avoid this company. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Lincare will buy them soon I am sure.
Pros
Cons
Restructuring all the time but nothing helps
Completed
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clifton Forge, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Was able to perform at my per best. Had little to no supervision and was quite literally left to fend for myself on many occasions.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lots of traveling.
Horrible!!
Skilled Clinician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Please run run run!!! You'll loose your license. Horrible management, they don't care about employees. Please don't believe a word they tell you at orientation. Worst place I've ever worked and i'm a very patient and understanding person. One word RUN!
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8