Medical Services of America Employee Reviews in United States

It paid the bills
Customer Service Manager of Central Intake (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 24, 2016
It helped me to learn about durable medical equipment and gave me a new understanding on customer service. Some of the supervisors were micro managers and played favorites.
Pros
you learn a lot of new things
Cons
management issues sometimes
Productive and compassionate work enviroment
HOSPICE AIDE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work involves the oversight of 20 Hospice CNA's throughout 6 counties. Scheduling patient visits, assuring coverage. Implementing patient care plans and policies are followed. I enjoy being a support system for the CNA's and strive to be available to them at all times. the most enjoyable part of my job is definitely filling in for a CNA and visiting patients.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
job/home life unbalance
Small company Family owned Changes in Healthcare. Need more computer updated systems.. Running behind the times
Wound, Infusion and Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 17, 2016
Small company. Need more computer applications. low pay, not great Medical benefits.. Lots of Turnover. Family owned. Good old Boy Network in South Carolina .
Pros
small
Cons
small computer system is outdated
Couldn't pay me to go back
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  columbiaMarch 14, 2016
there is no job security constant fear of loosing your job due to work force reduction. you are afraid to get up or talk to anyone. the slightest mistake can get you fired. and the policy is you have to kick a ball up to kick it out, so the only chance of promotion is if you are about to get fired.
Company is going to go under
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 17, 2016
Poor leadership and poor decisions with no regard for the employees. Losing millions every year. Avoid this company. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Lincare will buy them soon I am sure.
Pros
Cons
Restructuring all the time but nothing helps
Completed
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clifton Forge, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Was able to perform at my per best. Had little to no supervision and was quite literally left to fend for myself on many occasions.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lots of traveling.
Horrible!!
Skilled Clinician (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Please run run run!!! You'll loose your license. Horrible management, they don't care about employees. Please don't believe a word they tell you at orientation. Worst place I've ever worked and i'm a very patient and understanding person. One word RUN!
Pros
NONE
Stressful
ATP- Rehabilitation Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 18, 2015
Management out of touch with field operations. A lot of good people now gone. Many changes in upper management. changes in the field alienated referral sources causing decreasing sales.
Pros
some of the people i got to work with
Cons
lack of field support
Job experience a plus when working with old staff..
Medicaid Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 17, 2015
I feel with working a Medical Services of America was a really go job with the old staff with working with the company the change in Management changed the environment.
Pros
Leadership trust and satisfaction
Cons
change in management
very willing to work with children and single mom, but the management loved to micromanage the staff.
DME Claims Collector - Medicaid (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 6, 2015
Immediate supervisor is very supportive of the staff if they need time off for children and other problems. In the time I worked there I never once received an incentive raise from the company. It is all about the numbers and the money you bring in to the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was wroking with my colleagues and learning the Medicaids from other states. I loved working with the locations to get the claims resolved for payment and doing my every day job. But the management started to micromanage the individuals and it became hard to relax and feel like I could do what was needed to accomplish my job.
Pros
my colleagues and my Medicaid carriers
Cons
being micromanaged and no incentive raises
Are you a patient advocate? Run from this job!!
Psychiatric RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh/ Butler PennsylvaniaMay 13, 2015
I properly reported alleged ( and known) verbal / emotional abuse going on in a local PCH that is a referral source for Medi. Nothing was done. The PCH administrator minimized it and demanded I not come back to PCH. Medi removed me from seeing patients there .
I lost my patients there; I lost earnings; more than any of this, I lost my ability to advocate there.
The Medi message was clear. Business before advocacy.

If this is not disturbing to you, find a profession different than nursing.,

Nurses are natural advocates. Don't work for a company who devalues that!
Pros
some great caring co-workers. love the patients, always have.
Cons
business trumps patient advocacy. Bullies in management prevail!
Love the Residents
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 1, 2015
I enjoy working with my residents everyday but with so many changes in the work environment it makes it very stressful. I also enjoy my co-workers and we all work together to provide quality care to our residents.
Growing company
Sales Representative/ Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 26, 2015
• Sell Durable Medical Equipment and Oxygen to all medical facilities in Central Kentucky.
• Coordinate with physicians to ensure appropriate and accurate written documentation (orders, case summaries, etc.) is obtained and returned to the agency in a timely manner.
• Obtain referrals from physician offices.
• Secured $300,000 agreement with Correct Care Solutions for state of Kentucky Correction facilities.
• Acquired an in-home primary care network (MD2U) that provides ongoing quality care for home-bound or home-limited patients for seven states.
• Top 5 in Medical Services of America in sales.
Poor Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 11, 2015
Area Manager from Florida have no idea how to do good management. Bullying employees is what she do, never care about their employees, She is a non problem solver and gets carried away by gossips and she does not verify any information before start with an issue. Undermines the authority of the branch managers and she do not let them run the center. Company lost 8 millions on 2014 and Toni Hoghins is one of the responsible because she do not focus in real issues. Very high number of people fired without a good reason in Pompano Beach Location. For people like her the company will lose more money and will sell the portion of DME to another larger company.
Pros
Good Health Insurance
Cons
Management likes Bullying their employees
Micro managed company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 3, 2015
Receive orders and processed and answered phones. Managers would speak as though they have your support if you had to miss work due to medical reasons and had the excuse and time to take, but to scared to speak to corporate,
Pros
Close location
Cons
Micro-managed and no raises
worked with diverse contacts daily which was very rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with the employess,management and patients.Unfortunately the durable medical equipment division has proven to not be stable due to new medicare guidelines and the company had to size down

most rewarding was helping patients get the care they needed and most difficult was insurance companies at times made it very difficult to get the care they needed.Getting to know patients well then getting calls they had passed away was difficult.
Pros
helping patients, constantly busy and able to multi task
Cons
insurance constraints to help patients
This was the job that put me on the path of Healthcare assistant.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
I learned a lot from this company. I loved the travel. spent most of my time in the delivery van. Delivering Oxygen and medical equipment to Patients for a better quality of life. It made the employment enjoyable when I built a good rapport with a patient and they would recommend the company just so their friend or family member would get the same respect and treatment I gave them. The hardest part of the job was, at times being the only Technician on staff. Having to maintain and clean all equipment, schedule vehicle maintenance, make deliveries and pick-up's, working with Hospice and the Respiratory Therapist. All during your schedule can get hectic.
Pros
travel, meeting people
Cons
time constraints
Productive and a Learning expereince
Claims Collector (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 15, 2015
My day was filled with calling primary and secondary insurances to obtain denial reason so as to resubmit claims. My coworkers were pleasant and fun. Time management was the easiest part of my day.
Sales position with high demand
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Sales and Management of sales team. As a clinical nurse in the past I enjoyed that environment much more as this seemed to be all about the money and less about helping people.

Clinically this position was key to becoming well traveled in the Lakeland area, and it gave me an opportunity to learn from over 200 physicians. I was able to meet and greet many of our new patients at the hospital as our companies representative.
Pros
travel
Cons
pressure sales
Very poor management and work environment however I found being a home health nurse a very rewarding job. Would never recommend this company.
RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 30, 2014
Very poor, unsupportive management. Great patients. Loved spending one on one time with patients in their home. Plan to continue my career in home health however with a different company.
Pros
great patients and co-workers. loved the job.
Cons
very poor management, rn turnover is very high, management does not support their staff, management cannot be trusted and in my opinion is very poorly trained, management turnover very high in certain office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8