Medical Services of America Employee Reviews

Love the Residents
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNMay 1, 2015
I enjoy working with my residents everyday but with so many changes in the work environment it makes it very stressful. I also enjoy my co-workers and we all work together to provide quality care to our residents.
Growing company
Sales Representative/ Territory Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 26, 2015
• Sell Durable Medical Equipment and Oxygen to all medical facilities in Central Kentucky.
• Coordinate with physicians to ensure appropriate and accurate written documentation (orders, case summaries, etc.) is obtained and returned to the agency in a timely manner.
• Obtain referrals from physician offices.
• Secured $300,000 agreement with Correct Care Solutions for state of Kentucky Correction facilities.
• Acquired an in-home primary care network (MD2U) that provides ongoing quality care for home-bound or home-limited patients for seven states.
• Top 5 in Medical Services of America in sales.
Poor Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good Health Insurance
Cons: Management likes Bullying their employees
Area Manager from Florida have no idea how to do good management. Bullying employees is what she do, never care about their employees, She is a non problem solver and gets carried away by gossips and she does not verify any information before start with an issue. Undermines the authority of the branch managers and she do not let them run the center. Company lost 8 millions on 2014 and Toni Hoghins is one of the responsible because she do not focus in real issues. Very high number of people fired without a good reason in Pompano Beach Location. For people like her the company will lose more money and will sell the portion of DME to another larger company.
Micro managed company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, SCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Close location
Cons: Micro-managed and no raises
Receive orders and processed and answered phones. Managers would speak as though they have your support if you had to miss work due to medical reasons and had the excuse and time to take, but to scared to speak to corporate,
worked with diverse contacts daily which was very rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: helping patients, constantly busy and able to multi task
Cons: insurance constraints to help patients
I enjoyed working with the employess,management and patients.Unfortunately the durable medical equipment division has proven to not be stable due to new medicare guidelines and the company had to size down

most rewarding was helping patients get the care they needed and most difficult was insurance companies at times made it very difficult to get the care they needed.Getting to know patients well then getting calls they had passed away was difficult.
This was the job that put me on the path of Healthcare assistant.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: travel, meeting people
Cons: time constraints
I learned a lot from this company. I loved the travel. spent most of my time in the delivery van. Delivering Oxygen and medical equipment to Patients for a better quality of life. It made the employment enjoyable when I built a good rapport with a patient and they would recommend the company just so their friend or family member would get the same respect and treatment I gave them. The hardest part of the job was, at times being the only Technician on staff. Having to maintain and clean all equipment, schedule vehicle maintenance, make deliveries and pick-up's, working with Hospice and the Respiratory Therapist. All during your schedule can get hectic.
Productive and a Learning expereince
Claims Collector (Former Employee), Lexington, SCJanuary 15, 2015
My day was filled with calling primary and secondary insurances to obtain denial reason so as to resubmit claims. My coworkers were pleasant and fun. Time management was the easiest part of my day.
Sales position with high demand
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: pressure sales
Sales and Management of sales team. As a clinical nurse in the past I enjoyed that environment much more as this seemed to be all about the money and less about helping people.

Clinically this position was key to becoming well traveled in the Lakeland area, and it gave me an opportunity to learn from over 200 physicians. I was able to meet and greet many of our new patients at the hospital as our companies representative.
Very poor management and work environment however I found being a home health nurse a very rewarding job. Would never recommend this company.
RN (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great patients and co-workers. loved the job.
Cons: very poor management, rn turnover is very high, management does not support their staff, management cannot be trusted and in my opinion is very poorly trained, management turnover very high in certain office
Very poor, unsupportive management. Great patients. Loved spending one on one time with patients in their home. Plan to continue my career in home health however with a different company.
A great place to work and develop your skill set
Lead Medical Insurance Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), SCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: job security
The most important part of my job was helping customers and working with a group of people that I can learn from.
great co-workers
Account Executive (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2014
good company but no advancement. Management has no experience in home health. They only care about their Hospice.
Productive and great people
Respiratory Product Class Specialist (Former Employee), Lexington, SCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great people, free lunches sometimes, parties, just a great enivorment
A typical day would start out clocking in and getting to my desk with 5 people waiting to say good morning. I learned that their is so many people in the world that are sick and needed help and this was the way I could give them some type of assistance. My co-workers were wonderful and so understanding just wonderful personalities. The hardest part about my job was when a claim wouldn't get paid the first go around. I loved this job I was very upset when I had to leave to move to Florida.
Frequent management changes
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: emr
Cons: too much travel, territory too large
Inconsistent answers/feedback from management. But I feel they lack training as well. Not being ugly to mgmt, but nobody receives training at this agency. It's self learn or you'll never learn. No orientation in place. No seasoned mgmt. I would ask my teammates first before going to anyone in the office. Constant turnover in mgmt, so I did not feel supported. Too large of a territory, so much more traveling than providing care.
Stay away!!! Unappreciated and under paid
Location Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many to list
All talk, no action!!! Upper management adds responsibility with out adding any compensation. As a manager I worked from morning to midnight and still wasnt appreciated. This company wants results without invensting in their employees! Their antiquated phone and computer system make it next to impossible to maintain efficiency. If you are looking for a job or a career, keeping looking!!
Horrible Senior management
nurse (Current Employee), Lexington.scAugust 22, 2014
Cons: management
I was lied to from day one. Low pay. Poorest orientation in twenty years nursing. Upper management is a joke. Stay away.
Corporately owned company but small buisness feel.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa. FLAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule if needed
Cons: on call wages are not the greatest
I have worked at Medical Services of America for over eight years. On a daily basis I route service technicians, receive and ship inventory both intercompany and to consumers, analyze cost of goods for products, maintain a specific budget for location P & L report and also help other locations in the state meet their locations goals.
Great place to work with lots of Team Effort
Hospice Chaplain (Former Employee), Newport News, VaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: travel to a number of cities.
Cons: not enough time for a real meal at lunch.
I loved working at Medi before everything I did became a target for ridicule. I was asked to correct several errors that were made in the course of my 4 years with Medi. Why did it take 4 years to decide that my work was not adequet?
The hardest part of the job was the two hours travel there and back each day. The greatest part of my job was working with such a great group of dedicated people. They are loving and caring. I will truly miss them.
A good group of people
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, SCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: autonomy, great entrepreneurs
Cons: lack of understanding of the field by corporate.
This is a great company that is going through transition both with industry shift and corporate shift. The employees I managed were amazing loyal individuals that wanted a voice and appreciation. I believe the company wants that but they have not achieved it yet. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. However, I learned quite a bit and did have amazing autonomy.
Relaxed but Professional Work Environment
Medicare Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 23, 2014
Comfortable business casual or scrub dress code. Coffee and great break room provided. 2 paid breaks per day, morning and afternoon, and an hour for lunch.
Able to learn about many different types of work.
Reimbursement Process Control Supervisor (Current Employee), Lexington, SCJuly 14, 2014
A regular work day is working adjustments, helping csrs and working with AR. I have learned how to post payments and denials, how to help patients and work collections. I have been in management since I started working. I enjoy working with patients and helping them to resolve any issues they may have with one of our locations.