Medical Specialist Employee Reviews

I took great pride in running the front desk and appreciated the kindness and respect from the doctors and co-workers
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2012
The day started early making sure all charts had been prepared and ready for patient arrival. Was responsible for checking in patients, verifying insurance, collecting co-pays, putting charts up for the doctors, answering phones and making appointments. Now and then there were patient problem that I assisted in resolving. I always enjoyed greeting patients and making them feel welcome and comfortable in our office.
Worked externship
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GADecember 31, 2012
Called patients back, got vitals, put them in rooms. Adminstered shots, performed blood draws.
The hardest part of my job was sticking little children to get a CBC.
The most enjoyable part was talking with patients. Helping the patients is such a good feeling.
Pros
working with patients, sometimes free lunches.
Cons
didn't really have any that i know of.
Medical Specialists Inc
MEDICAL CODING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAApril 1, 2015
The overall office experience, consisting of aprx 40 other employees, is awesome. They are a group of team members that are generally willing to help however they can.
The upper management has been there aprx 3 years and I wasn't really excited about her character. She claims "no family or friends", yet she has hired her own family and friends with a much higher pay than those that have been there for over 20 yrs receive. And their eligibility for benefits was immediate. It was really disheartening.
As for my own position, I was pretty much left on my own to figure things out. Having not had a lot of experience with coding, they left me to myself. Thankfully I am a go-getter and will seek and question until I find the answers. I am also a "chart" maker, so I was able to design a few charts that provided me with easy access to the answers to many of the coding questions I had.
Pros
Pharmacy Reps bring in lunch at least 3 times a week
Cons
Management leaves a lot to be desired
Great place to work with great benefits
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJuly 24, 2012
I am a phone operator who schedules appointments and assist patients and other callers with what they need.
Pros
drug reps bringing lunch, great benefits
Cons
no place for advancement