Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

RN and LPN (Current Employee) –  NPR FLOctober 15, 2015
Provided Nursing care as both an RN and LPN at multiple facilities including, Bayfront Hospital and Kindred Hospital, both with multiple locations in the Tampa Bay/St Pete area. I’m experienced with patient education and teaching. I’ve administered medication and treatments as prescribed by the healthcare provider. I’ve assisted Physicians with multiple procedures including tracheostomy, CVL, PEG placements, and wound debridement, colonoscopy, and bronchoscopy. Proficient in performing care for ventilated patients including suctioning and tracheostomy care. Experienced with urostomy care, colostomy care, end of life care, PEG care, NG tube insertion and care, maintenance of Central Venous Lines. Obtaining lab specimens including: stool, urine, blood, Wound cultures, and sputum. Performed new patient admissions and discharges. Interviewed patients obtaining social history, health history, and current health status including recent, current, and past medications taken. Very experienced in wound care including dressing changes, wound vacs, and negative pressure wound systems. Monitored patients requiring physical restraints. Monitored patients vital signs and treated according to prescribed parameters. Assisted with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene. Repositioned patients maintaining turning schedule and assisted with ambulating. Experienced with BLS and ACLS during any Code Blues and/or Rapid Responses. Provided total patient care for multiple patients both individually, and as a team while working with other coworkers to complete nursing tasks for all patients in the unit  more... I was working.  less
Pretty Bad Place To Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in, sitting down, opening your email and reading that everything you have learned and everything you have been doing has now changed. Their culture of change is a "flip-the-switch" technique, meaning there is no warning or no ramp up, but rather a "let's hope this works out for the best and we will cover our a-- in the meantime by throwing everyone under the bus" approach. Doesn't work and makes for awful morale.

What i learned from MSN is that no matter how well you do and no matter how much revenue you are personally responsible for bringing in, your job is never safe. They will fire you without skipping a beat.

The mid-level management is okay but the executive management team doesn't know their a-- from a hole in the wall. They shouldn't be in their positions and they don't listen to anyone but the people in charge of their jobs. The people that are actually in the field all day, raking in the money that pays their salary? Not so much - they don't give a shi- what you have to say.

And there were holes in the walls.

My co-workers were awesome. It was nice to have people around who were equally confused about what the heck was going on with the company.

The hardest part about the job was dealing with unrealistic goals set by the jerks at the top that don't listen.

The most enjoyable part of the job was walking out at the end of the day.
Very professional, every day was new or something different when working with a staff of nurses and clients
Contract Solutions Manager, Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 2, 2014
Calling all nurses for their availability and then reaching out to hospitals for their needs in hopes to fill and also negotiate a long term contract for specific needs and nurses.

Always continue to learn more and more about customer relations, how to handle certain situations.

Office Manager was always available for any assistance anyone might need to be successful

The hardest part would be to cultivate a relationship with your clients and sometimes see another competitor come in and undercut either your pricing or other incentives that were sometimes out of my hands, even our manager's hands. Trying to negotiate with Corp, to allow us to increase incentives, when there are times, you might lose a little in profit but, essentially making it worth while in the long run, with volume.

Every day was a new day and new circumstances along with challenges, that I enjoyed most, working with customers.
Pros
flexiblability in schedule, there were times we as individuals would work all hours of the day and night (hospitals don't close), working weekends trying to accomodate your clients needs
Cons
no real cons within this position, enjoyed everything about the position and teammates
I must say my experience with MSN was almost 5stars until they let me go because I had a doctors appointment and my son had a doctors appointment the
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 22, 2013
I thought I was with a company that was flexible with availability, I guess I was wrong. My assignment was changed and I had two doctors appointments that were scheduled before I started, I didn't remember until my reminder came through to my phone. One appointment was for my sick 9yr old son who was being tested to see if he was epileptic. That wasn't a good enough reason to not be there that day, so I was terminated. The manager isn't as nice as I heard. I just wonder how do people not give others a chance when they haven't walked or is walking in your shoes. So again, I'm a single parent back a square one for my family. Thanks for nothing Kathy of MSN for not even giving me a chance before you tried to interrogate me like I committed a crime before you ever known me not only as a worker but a WOMAN. People don't walk on people that are down cause you too one day may be in the same situation. Just think about how you cause an unnecessary event to happen to someone else. It'll always come back around. I pray you're ready when it's your turn to be without.
Pros
pay and some nice people i met.
Cons
management team at msn
New Patient Coordinator
New Patient Coordinator (NMFF- IPHP) (Current Employee) –  Chicago,ILMay 10, 2013
I currrently work for Northwestern Medical Foundation at Northwestern Hospital. My usual work day consist of calling all new patient for the following departments: Oncology, Surgical/Digestive and The Integrated Pelvic Health Program which is a total of 9 different surgeons. I make sure all records have been requested and reviewed before the Patients come in for the first office visit. I triage all places and scheduled the Patient with the surgeon that would help them best. I conference with the Nurses and Providers to discuss the new Patients that will been seen. I also verify insurance for the Patients and Provider to make sure the qualify for our services. I work with a team of about 20 co-workers, to make sure the patient first appointment is a great experience and they feel confident in our staff. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help everybody with their problems but, i will go out of my way to research any information for the patient we can not help here at our facility. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that the Providers,Nurses and Patient are satisfied with my services.
Pros
great team
Cons
no benefits
It's an ok company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 31, 2012
What I signed on for and what I was actually called for was two different things. I specified that I was mainly available for days and SOME 3-11, but was called mainly for 3-11. Sent me to locations that were outside of Hartford,even though I signed on because they told me that they had jobs in Hartford. Was sent all the way out to Brooklyn, CT which is over an hour from where I lived. Insensitive when I told them my car broke down and I was taken off the schedule instead of given assignments close to where I lived even though my car broke down (serpentine belt broke off and pully while driving on the highway from Old Saybrook) doing them a favor and driving all the way out to Old Saybrook from Hartford and back after working 3-11 for them. If your available for nights and don't mind driving an hour plus to get to different locations, then this is a good company. If you have to work certain hours because of child care, such as myself, then this may not be for you. Not a very understanding company despite what they say. I like getting paid the next day, but they do not pay for travel, so my money was just going back into the gas tank.
Pros
paid the next day
Cons
bad communication skills, unpleasant attitudes
MSN was a very good company to work for. I acquired a lot of experience in multiple areas.
LPN (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 14, 2012
I worked at a prison in Zephyrhills. I worked in a variety of areas from sick call to mental health. Usually a day would begin with a count, then medications,sick call, physical and mental assessments, M.D. or Psychiatric treatment orders, and treatments. Primary responder to emergency situations throughout the prison area. I learned a lot about mental health issues and a lot of experience responding to emergencies. Management was very good most of the time and any changes in policies or treatments were made known effectively. Most of my coworkers were professional and friendly. Everyone tried to work as a team. The hardest part of my job was responding to psych patients that were either trying to harm themselves or someone else. The most enjoyable part of the job was when, no matter what happened, everyone came together as a team and did whatever was necessary to take care of our patients.
Pros
wide variety of experience in nursing and mental health.
Cons
the majority of prisoners want to take advantage of you and pretend that their ill.
My Great Opportunity
Contract Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 5, 2014
I started working at MSN as a staffing coordinator. I was young, didn't have much experience with nurses and had a lot to learn about communication, healthcare and marketing. Luckily, I was surrounded be people who who loved to teach. After staffing for about six months, I was promoted to Contract Solutions Manager. As the Contract Solutions Manager, I managed a new program. The program was simply to find short term contracts for healthcare professionals, primarily nurses. I was responsible for recruiting, HR, sales, compliance and budget. After successfully running this program for a couple of years in all of southern Idaho, I branched out into travel assignments and permanent placement. I negotiated contracts between licensed professionals and employers to satisfy clients needs.
I "grew up" at MSN. This was my opportunity to become relevant and respected within the healthcare community. I am extremely grateful for that experience because it helped me to become a well-known and respected face while maintaing ethical integrity within my community.
Staffing Agency which allows professional healtcare workers to travel to different areas of the country.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2013
The best part of being employed by MSN is the variety of locations available to work. I have always wanted to relocate to California, and working for MSN allowed me to move here easily, while they did the "hard part" (finding a work assignment, housing, scheduling.)The worst part of being a travel nurse is that I never know who I will be working with, having to learn different computer programs, learning different hospital policies and learning the different layouts of the hospitals (or, er, cath lab, radiology, hr, etc.) After taking two travel assignments with MSN, I know that I am ready to settle down. As a travel nurse, I have learned that we are the first of the staff to be cancelled, floated, and we are inevitably assigned the highest acuity patients. Some of the co-workers are friendly and helpful, while others are perhaps intimidated by travelers. My recruiter is very likeable and friendly. She has always returned my calls in a timely manner and I feel she truly cares about my personal needs.
It was after my mother passed in my apartment and I needed a change
Agency RN (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 11, 2014
I lived with my sister. Found the travel place locally. they promised me the world as they always do but i ended up in a daily ruin motel. The job was great, i wa reextending until I got into a situation I never had before. A patient offered me one hundred dollars and I refused, nurses dont take tips. Later after her discharge I found it in my jacket pocket. It was busy so i slipped it in my locker with the intention of telling the day charge nurse. I forgot, went home, and was called by in because the patient came back saying that i promised to "deliver her baby" for one hundred dollars. I refused, explained my side and took my manager to the locker I rarely used and showed her the money. She fired me on the spot. My handler, told me that until this problem was resolved I could stay in the hotel room. And I did, until I was accused of using the agecies money to stay as long as I wanted.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
i know now that whatever weird happens to talk to the supervisor stat to save my biscuits.
My time at Medical Staffing Network
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJune 15, 2015
During my time at Medical Staffing Network I have learned so much. I love working in such a high pace environment. I go from starting my day looking at our weeks profitability report and trying to figure ways to get that number up. To ending my day talking to new recruits. In between that I get my new recruits fully credentialed and ready to go out into the field. I work on staffing for the nurses and CNAs we have already credentialed and ready to go. My co-workers here have always been amazing. From day 1 they were here to help me. I would say the hardest part of my job is balancing. I could spend all day trying to get new people out working. But I always need to stop myself from doing that to work on other things like staffing and getting new clients. The most enjoyable part of my job would be, of course helping others. I love helping people. And then some of these nurses and CNAs don't have anything else it feels good to know I was there for them,
Pros
excellent coworkers and great clients and temps
A Agency Company That Offers Higher Pay, And Flexable Schedualing
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 26, 2012
M.S.N Is A Staffing Agency. They Hire Staff To Provide Coverage At Many Nursing Home's Who Are Understaffed. They Call Their Employees And Let Them Know What Hours Are Available And For What Facility. They Give The Employee The Chance To Accept The Shifts And Hours Depending On Their Schedule And Availability. I Learned How It Is To Work For An Agency Company, And How Wonderful It Is To Go To Different Facilities. Coworkers Are Not Only The Staff At M.S.N But Also The Staff Who Work At Each Facility We Cover. The Hardest Part Of The Job Is When The Facilities M.S.N Covers Hire More Staff. This Gives Lack Of Hours For Employees Of M.S.N Making It Very Difficult To Maintain Hours. The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job Is The Higher Wages, And The Fact That The Employee Gets To Make There Own Schedule, Based On Their Life And Availability.
Pros
higher pay, flexible schedual
Cons
lack of work and hours at times
Very so so
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2015
They were really just all over the place. They make it seem like they have lots of opportunities and then they barely schedule one shift a week. They made it seem like I could start work asap but they kept coming up with more things that needed to be done. Finally 60 days later I can work. Very unorganized. The staff don't seem trained to handle the job. It's already a difficult job handling per died work and floating to different facilities and they make it worse. Also they would say pay was one thing and it would be another instead of having a flat-rate or emailing you wiyh the details. Even after not picking up any shifts for a few weeks they never called me to see if I wanted any shifts. I had to do all the calling. They don't follow up with their workers at all like some staffing agencies. Would not recommend this branch in Orlando, Melbourne.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Per diem work readily available with daily pay
LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work was usually atypical. I was at a different hospital or facility every day on a different unit for a different shift with different coworkers. I learned to adapt quickly to any given situation. The most difficult part of my job was time management because I was taught there is no such thing as "That's not my patient." Unfortunately many coworkers did not agree with this and that left me doing work and completing nursing notes after my shift was completed at my own expense after signing out after the shift was officially over. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was providing comfort to patients and staff support to complementary healthcare workers who were woefully understaffed.
Pros
daily pay
Cons
no full time benefits
Very flexible
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2014
Working with this company allowed me to be very flexible in my scheduling. A typical day at work would be working at a Tulsa area hospital that could either be fast pace or slow pace. I got a chance to meet different people/clients. This allowed me to get the experience I needed in the different fields of nursing. My coworkers were very enjoyable to work with because they were team players. The hardest part of the job was sometimes coming on a shift where you didn't know a patient and didn't receive any information about that patient also watching the patient go through the death process. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility in the scheduling.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not knowing what to expect when arrive for shift/ cancellations
Excellent nursing opportunity to work as a travel nurse
Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Medical Staffing Network as a travel Emergency Dept. RN. I embarked on 8-12 week assignments located in the central and south regions of Texas. I loved the challenge of working in a new facility that had new equipment that I had not worked with in the past, along with new charting programs, and facility driven protocols to provide positive outcomes and goals for the patients receiving care at those facilities. I enjoyed learning about new care plans and patient driven goals with the staff that I worked along side.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunity & challenge within the nursing field
Cons
Short contracts at the facilities I worked with
Medical Staffing Network
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2013
Typical day a work; Arrive 15-30 minutes early. Assign my patients assigned to me on Epic program. Research data needed to do assignment for the day. I am always learning new things at work such as how to contact new doctors, read the Medication Administration Record acurately,how to order electrolyte replacemets acurately, Policy and procedure referances are reviewed when needed. Co-workers are very helpful with all questions and teaching me what to look for for charting. The hardest part of the job is getting shift cancelled because I so look forward to going to work there.
Pros
having a job at a beautiful peaceful environent
Cons
shift cancelled due to staffing needs
i still have not been paid. do not work for this company BEWARE..
CNA (Former Employee) –  holt, michiganMarch 18, 2015
I worked as a CNA out of the Lansing Michigan branch. I worked 4 days and only paid for 2,
Corporate called me 3 times last Friday and told me a LIVE CHECK was mailed on 3/11/15.
Today is 3/18/15 and still no check. I filed a complaint with the EEOC and the States attorney generals office. This place sends you to work in the most gid awful places that have employees who do jot use 2 people for hoyer lufts or i dpshould say they wont help you at all.

do not work for this place. The field office manager Melussa Lucerno blew my phone up allday after I worked midnight shift and was trying to sleep. I had to block all the phone numbers.
Pros
not one
Cons
horrible management
Fast Paced Environment but Not Rewarding
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 15, 2013
I used to love coming to this place to conduct my business and put good hard working nurses to work. However over the last 12 months the morale has unfortunately taken a turn for the worse. I thoroughly enjoy what I do however the environment is not the greatest and certain members of management only seem to fend for themselves as opposed to helping out the team. I've represented the company at a couple different nursing functions and wish more opportunities like this surfaced as it was great being able to network with others. Overall I feel that a change is on the horizon and I certainly look forward to a new challenge.
MEDICAL STAFFING NETWORK IS A TEMPORARY STAFFING AGENCY
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  LansingSeptember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with Kristina in the Lansing office very much. She was very helpful.
Working as a temp in an office and I faced many challenges, one was the lack of respect from fellow
co-workers . I was placed in this job to help with a short staffing issue. I received very little training and very little co opportion, from management or staff, with a few exceptions. I over came these issues and gave the best patient care to my patients, which is really what its about. I will never understand when its your job to help the staff why they are so rude.
Pros
good pay, good agency
Cons
temp work is really stressful