Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews in United States

Create your own work schedule.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 3, 2016
Working for this company is wonderful, you get to set your own hours, travel, meet new people (both other nursing staff and other patients), and work in varying environments. The down side to this job is that other staffing agencies pay significantly better and have better benefits. The ability to move from a retirement facility to a hospital is nearly impossible (unless you have previous experience in both). Also the ability to advance in your career in the medical field is non-existent. You really don't see to much of your co-workers, management is awesome.
Cons
healthcare, hours, pay, advancement
great place to work threw. great managment. they care about what u want.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2016
since being employed with them they keep up make sure u r happy and things r going good. And also ask if u need anything. They keep up with your accomplishments and seeing how well u do at your job, and they will reward you and with raise too.
Pros
paid for CPR. help as much as they can and try get anything that you need.
Cons
no vacations. no sick days.
Productive and fun with a gym
Senior Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day at work was responding to employee benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure effective resolution. Partnered very closely with co-workers and managers, as there were many branches (divisions) across the country. The difficult part of the job was reporting as new system were being implemented and sometimes it made for accurate reporting very difficult.

The most enjoyable was resolving the employees complaints to their satisfactory.
Pros
Incentives such to advance career
Cons
Healthcare, and bonuses
Nurses Staff was excellent
Agency, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 1, 2016
Count narcotics. Charged Nurse made assignment. Administered medications to at risk Inmates. Drew blood for Digoxin, Dilantin. Tegretol levels. Assist with Wound care. I learned to worked with an different culture of people. The hardest part of the job was the number of Inmates with HIV. The most enjoyable was, when it was time to go home. I also worked agency at Providence Hospital. Started IV's, Administered Blood and Blood products.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Locked Up for 8 to 16 hours
Great National Healthcare Organization
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaOctober 24, 2015
MSN is a great organization that really cares about their employees. Their scheduling is very accommodating, and their pay is very competitive.
Pros
Scheduling, salary, friendly customer service.
Cons
They closed their local office which was very convenient, since I live in the area.
variety of opportunities to work
Facility Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 18, 2016
Management always helpful, professional and understanding. Provided highest quality of professionals through testing for their clients.
Pros
Set our own schedules
Cons
Sometimes far from home (jobs)
okay
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2016
very micro managed. you need to be organized, able to work under pressure, and able to multitask. its a staffing agency so you'll get needs called in to work but you'll be taking miscellaneous calls in between that can distract you. the job isn't hard at all but it can be frustrating.

i have not been there for a year yet but its no secret that the company does not give raises which im not fine with.there are monthly raise which are about 100 but they aren't guaranteed. there are opportunities to pick up OT on other shifts if there is a call offs which is great. overall its an okay job.
Pros
bonus every month
Cons
no raises
Nice place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Nice place to work, many days and hours available in a wide variety of facilities. Management was great. Office staff nice and helpful for the most part. Weekly pay was nice!
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
many different facilities
I love what I do
State Tested Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 4, 2016
Working for Medical Staffing Network has given me the opportunity to explore different facilities and meet amazing people. It has given me the chance to be able to work with some of the best nurses and aides who love what they do and come in and show it.
Depending on where I am being sent a typical day would consist of me going into a facility that I am assigned to and meet with the supervisor. From there I get my assignment and meet with my fellow coworkers and I begin my work. I'm the type that like to finish my work and help others finish theirs to so we can all be in a good place by the end of the shift and the next shift is set up for success. I love meeting my residents and being able to move around to different facilities. My patients make me happy cause they actually appreciate the help I provide and I get to here stories from back in the day. Hardest part of my job is when you can have someone who is healthy as a horse one day and then come in the next and found out they have passed away, so it does kind of hurt but you learn to cope with it and understand it may never get easy but you do know they are in a better place.
I learned so much working for The Med
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2016
The MED is an awesome place to work, job security is phenomenal. I love the nurses, therapists interns and physicians. I will consider returning in the future.
Pros
The MED is an awesome place to work
Excellent nursing opportunity to work as a travel nurse
Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Medical Staffing Network as a travel Emergency Dept. RN. I embarked on 8-12 week assignments located in the central and south regions of Texas. I loved the challenge of working in a new facility that had new equipment that I had not worked with in the past, along with new charting programs, and facility driven protocols to provide positive outcomes and goals for the patients receiving care at those facilities. I enjoyed learning about new care plans and patient driven goals with the staff that I worked along side.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunity & challenge within the nursing field
Cons
Short contracts at the facilities I worked with
Opportunity to work with patients
Mental Health Counselor/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJune 14, 2016
Typical day was working with patients one-on-one and assisting new patients; following up with treatment plan; learning new things each day to assist the patient; good management; enjoyed working with co-workers; hardest part of job was non-accomplishments; enjoyable part of job was having an opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
Making a difference in patients lives.
Cons
Lack of healthcare.
Fair work place, not consistant
Assisting all patient's (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID 83709April 18, 2016
Company is fair to work for., like any company. They play favorite's with employee's, paying more for friendship than experience. Overall, company is ok.
They are inconsistent with hours and promise security of hours with downfalls and use excuse's to cover their butts., than to take the blame for making a promise to cover their employee's.
Pros
Choices of jobs, pay, benefits
Cons
Advancement in minimal, consistancy, consistant work hours
A learning experience
Phlebotomist/C.N.A (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday at wok is typically a good day, I've learned how to work with people that has various behavioral and mental health issues and management staff is nice.
Temp MRI/CT/Radiology Technologist
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 30, 2015
Loved the variety of being a temp technologist.
Loved making my own schedule. Wonderful Boss.
I had the opportunity to work with wonderful people. I loved meeting new co workers. Best part was being able to work in a variety of places and not having to deal with the politics.
Pros
Pay was great. Loved my boss
Cons
Gained a lot of experience
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJApril 15, 2016
I can honestly say, Medical Staffing Network tried to meet your needs. The hours you were available . They always had something to offer you. I was able to work in a lot of facilities and was able to make comparisons on how things were done at each facility . I was able learn different skills with what each provided.
Pros
you worked hours at your preference
Cons
no health insurance
it was ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 25, 2016
I didn't like going to nursing home to nursing home and having the duties and regulations change at each nursing home. 90% of the duties themselves remained the same, but the rules, regulations and how much interest the nurses showed for the residents and staff changed a lot.
Pros
getting to interact with different residents and staff
Cons
the care from the nurses and the regulations being different in the different places
Cna
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 17, 2016
o Duties include: being attentive and empathetic to each resident and their needs, for caring for all assigned residents with the time frame allotted, helping family members assist residents, knowing and staying compliant with all state requirements in each nursing home, logging in my own hours and turning them in, and knowing which facilities/locations that I would be attending throughout the week
o Making sure that each resident was taken to and from meals
o Maintaining good hygiene for all assigned residents
Misleading Recruiter in Chicago
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
I was told my position would be 1 job and when I got to the job site, it was a combination of several jobs. When I addressed this misleading information with the recruiter....she basically said oh well! I was totally mislead about the position.
Fast paced busy position
Medical Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 11, 2016
This position can be extremely stressful, you need to be fast and think on your feet. It is a constant change and you must walk a fine line with your employees and clients to keep both happy.
Pros
worked with some great staffers
Cons
a lot of pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.