Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Fabulous Work environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 21, 2017
The office staff and leadership is great. The company looks to serve it's cients to the utmost of it's ability. Flexible scheduling and always willing to help with finding placement and hours.
Official response from Medical Staffing Network
August 28, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at Medical Staffing Network and are happy your experience was rewarding.

Job rewiew
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 15, 2017
It was a temporary job that I had. I filled prescriptions in a warehouse setting..I filled prescriptions for people that were very ill. MSN was on Butterfield road in Lombard.
Pros
I received a good wage
Cons
I had no security
Culture of caring
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2017
Staff at MSN are wonderful to work with. I was always placed on assignments in nice facilities with decent workload never felt overwhelmed. The office staff is always there to answer questions and work hard to keep you working.
Pros
Great schedules
Cons
Occasional lack of assignments
Minimal contact with staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2017
Loved potential for daily pay, but not thrilled with money placed on VISA card. Management contact was infrequent, but preferred. Difficult to review due to time lapse since employed by them.
great place
RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2017
travel assignments are temporary. It was great overall. I have no complaints everyone was diligent and prompt with me. My recruiting assistant was on top of everything.
A great company that full fills your work needs
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2017
They were great staff, they made sure that when a facility needed staff they would fill the position, they made sure to give me hours when they needed staff. I was always available when they called for a therapist, and i worked in many different facilities to get experience from the other hospitals,it give me a variety of places and people to work with and i really enjoyed moving to facilities.
Pros
getting experience in a variety of places
Cons
They are not staffing for Respiratory any longer
Decent job for flexiable people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 8, 2017
I worked here for 4 years while in college. This jobs pays a little more than other nursing homes do starting off at $14.00 an hour. The only thing is the hours are not always consistent(so you will need another part time job) and there are NO BENEFITS!!! Also no raises or anything like that. I am always sent to nursing facilitates that i have never been to so you must feel comfortable completing CNA task with little to no guidance meaning you work independently. The people you are working with at these facilities expect you to jump right in and figure it out as you go. If you have excpeirence you will be fine.
Pros
daily pay, variety, make your own schedule, pay is good.
Cons
not constant work hours, no benefits, no PTO or vacation time, no raises
Bellevue Hospital aasignment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
I was employed at Bellevue Hospital-psychiatry-through MSN. I enjoyed my stay at Bellevue and also with working with MSN. I would like the opportunity for another assignment there
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
I would have liked the opportunity to work for Bellevue directly.
Good Job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 7, 2017
Varying shifts, assignments, and environments. Clients are friendly and willing to help. You are treated like one of the company employees even though you are a contract employee.
Pros
pay, flexibility
Cons
not gauranteed
MSN = Medical Staffing Network (hilarious!!)
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 6, 2017
no thank you, I don't have time to describe a typical day at work, what I learnt, management details, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job or the most enjoyable part of the job.
Flexible Schedules
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2017
Works well on staffs behalf with facilities to accommodate our schedules. Open and reliable communication. Staffing agents are nice and company shows appreciation to staff.
Loved it
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 30, 2017
This was the best job. But unfortunately due to the economy there was a wave of layoffs and I was affected. If not, I would still be working there. The pay was great and the coworkers were awesome.
Pros
no punching out for lunch
Cons
forgot
Productive and Challenging
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2017
I absolutely loved this job. The full time hours were amazing but weren't working with me at the time due to being a full time student as well. I maintained a great relationship with management and my coworkers to where they stated they would have me back at anytime in the future when I am ready.
Pros
High pay, great coworkers, amazing management
Cons
very long hours (i.e, 10-13hours 3-4 days a week)
Official response from Medical Staffing Network
July 31, 2017

Thank you for your hard work at Medical Staffing Network and for fostering a positive work environment for your colleagues. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

7 months and only 3 assignments
LPN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2017
Been with them 7 months and only given 3 assignments. Promised an area and NEVER any open shifts unless I'm willing to drive 2hrs away. They were quick to hire me but everytime I call with availability, I get an "okay we'll work on finding something".
Pros
Daily pay
Cons
Lack of contracts
Overall Good
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 20, 2017
Overall it was great working there; at least until the office that I was working out of closed. After that it was harder to get hours and in the area I lived in. When they put two scheduling offices into one it made it less convenient for the staff who worked from our office to get hours. That's what had originally kept me there for 12+ years; I was able to get all the hours I wanted and then some. After the office change I found that I had to find other work to support myself and family.
Msn
LPN/RN (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 20, 2017
I really like working for this company and for the management here in Boise. They are great if you need a flexible schedule. Pay is in the higher range in this field.
Pros
Able to make your own schedule
Cons
Not always sure what your schedule is and no paid vacation
So so company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJuly 18, 2017
The staff at the office are very ignorant and if you can't do a shift they want you to do..they stop calling you I'm to work. the good thing is get paid
Pros
Pay was everyday
Cons
If you couldn't do a shift they would stop calling you for work
Variety of Health Care Facilities for shift assignments.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2017
Local Office is staffed with people who mean well and have good intentions to match the right Nurse to the right assignment, based on their experience, interest and skill level. Pay is very good.
Pros
Good Pay. Local Office Staff is great!
Cons
Primary/ Corporate Office is in Florida. Lack of communication & understanding.
Fun workplace, not stressful, friendly environment
Health Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be to tend to the children's needs from applying a bandage to a small cut to administering insulin for low blood glucose. I learned so many different things about so many different children as well as so many different health issues. Working with these children on a daily basis made me not only look forward to going to work everyday , but made me embrace my own children even more. The school is all about team work and we're always helping each other out. The hardest part of my job is seeing when a child is going through something or just not feeling well and me not being able to do anything to help, but at the same time what I do enjoy are my wonderful, hard working co-workers and most of all working with the kids puts the icing on the cake.
Pros
I get to help the children feel better
Cons
There is no growth
Life as a traveling CNA
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 15, 2017
Working at Medical Staffing Network is a great experience on meeting a lot of new people and different way on doing things. MSN (Medical Staffing Network), is a traveling business for people that are CNA, RNS, LPNS, etc. Working for MSN I got to go to a lot of different nursing homes and help them out when they had low staffing. The pay wasn't bad and the travel time wasn't as bad as a lot of people may think it really is. The only thing that I wish that MSN would give would have to benefits, because working without gaining any PTO or anythings else in that matter kinda of put a damper on a lot of things. You got to make your own schedule so I guess if you didn't want to work you didn't have too.
Pros
Over time was really nice, or paid holiday's when available
Cons
No benefits, and doesn't help pay for gas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.