Medical Staffing Network

Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Per diem work readily available with daily pay
LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work was usually atypical. I was at a different hospital or facility every day on a different unit for a different shift with different coworkers. I learned to adapt quickly to any given situation. The most difficult part of my job was time management because I was taught there is no such thing as "That's not my patient." Unfortunately many coworkers did not agree with this and that left me doing work and completing nursing notes after my shift was completed at my own expense after signing out after the shift was officially over. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was providing comfort to patients and staff support to complementary healthcare workers who were woefully understaffed.
Pros
daily pay
Cons
no full time benefits
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed my employment at Maxim. Would recommend it to friends and associates, Nothing available in my current location.
Pros
Per Diem/daily pay
I learned so much working for The Med
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2016
The MED is an awesome place to work, job security is phenomenal. I love the nurses, therapists interns and physicians. I will consider returning in the future.
Pros
The MED is an awesome place to work
Medical Staffing Network
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 8, 2013
A typical day at work includes being staffed to an Acute Hospital short on staff. I have learned how to adjust better to working in fast paced environments with little knowledge of clients. Management has always been flexible with my schedule, and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not getting called, and having to keep back up empoyer options. The most enjoyable part of the job has been being able to go to new places, meet new people, and always learning new things.
Pros
compensation, variety, flexible, new learnign experiences, teamwork
Cons
job security
Nice place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Nice place to work, many days and hours available in a wide variety of facilities. Management was great. Office staff nice and helpful for the most part. Weekly pay was nice!
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
many different facilities
Cna
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 17, 2016
o Duties include: being attentive and empathetic to each resident and their needs, for caring for all assigned residents with the time frame allotted, helping family members assist residents, knowing and staying compliant with all state requirements in each nursing home, logging in my own hours and turning them in, and knowing which facilities/locations that I would be attending throughout the week
o Making sure that each resident was taken to and from meals
o Maintaining good hygiene for all assigned residents
Flexible schedule, work variety great office staff support
Staff relief LPN (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 30, 2014
Flexibility for working mothers includes choice in shifts and days, and a variety of work opportunities in facilities, home care and office.
Along with ongoing teaching and updates monthly on current or ongoing changes and requirements of the nursing profession.
The staffing personal works very hard to accommodate the nurses needs. Management is excellent in support of the staff.
MSN also offers travel opportunities for those younger nurses interested in travel.
Pros
higher pay than in-house staff / flexible hours
Cons
no paid sick or personal time benifits
not the best company
nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2016
No work once you jump thru there hoops. Just recruiting for their paychecks not the employees. Underpaid for current pay levels.
Pros
Cons
no work
Choice of hours
LPN PRN (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 12, 2016
I like being able to pick and choose my own hours. The staffers are friendly. A good company to work for. I like this company.
Great company
Physical Therapist Assistant Registry (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2016
Had set schedule great co workers learned new ideas / treatment approaches to better my patients. Enjoy working with people.
See previous
RN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 8, 2016
Great assignments, weekly pay and the recruiting staff are very easy to work with. Recommend this company for anyone wanting to travel
sterile processing
Sterile Processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 21, 2016
Hours are nice once established. Pay is decent but not impressive. hours can be sporadic according to management on job site.
Pros
hours
Cons
job site management
review
CNA (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 25, 2015
Very flexible, work always available, managers very nice, cares about well being. Not many benefits. Good part time job
Misleading Recruiter in Chicago
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
I was told my position would be 1 job and when I got to the job site, it was a combination of several jobs. When I addressed this misleading information with the recruiter....she basically said oh well! I was totally mislead about the position.
great place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2015
I would do staff relief at many facilities as well as Correctional facilities in West Palm Beach and Out on Fairgrounds road. Learned a lot about working with inmates and realize that everyone despite their circumstances all deserve healthcare and the proper healthcare. Their were many of their staff nurses who were very supportive to the agency nurses. Worked almost full time in corrections through this agency.
Pros
daily pay
Cons
health benefits costly
A learning experience
Phlebotomist/C.N.A (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday at wok is typically a good day, I've learned how to work with people that has various behavioral and mental health issues and management staff is nice.
Good compny
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2016
It's one of the best healthcare staffing in the nation. I have been with them for almost three years now and am stilling enjoying working for them.
Peaceful, fun, and rewarding job
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2013
Working at Medical Staffing Network I would work at different nursing homes or hospitals. Some assignments would be at the same place for several days, some for only a couple. I would assist patients with their daily activities and help the nurses as needed. I would complete paperwork and exchange information with the attending nurse as well as my replacement. My job was fun, exciting, and very rewarding. The only downside to this company was I did not have benefits.
Pros
all aspects of the job duties
Cons
no benefits
This was a staffing agency never went to the office
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2016
These were very nice people had alot of work for me in different areas. Hospitals, clinics etc really enjoyed the diversity. The staff was nice and easy to work with.
Great Staffing Agency
CMA - Records Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff who assisted me with finding work in physician's office throughout Tri-county Area. It was because of them that I was able to find employment with MUSC Physicians.
Pros
A lot employment opportunities
Cons
charleston office closed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.