Medical Staffing Options Employee Reviews

No support
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 24, 2017
This company does not stand behind their nurses. If there is a problem on your contract you just get let go from the hospital, no warning. The recruiter did not try to receive any feedback fro the hospital I was at, but just heard all of a sudden twice that I was let go. No concrete reasons, so they do not back you. Do not work for them
Pros
Cons
no management support
They were great but I'm disappointed
Travel Nurse Cardiac Recovery Suite (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2017
Very friendly very professional very organized. My recruiter was fairly new but he was very helpful and if he didn't don't know the answer to any question I had he promptly found out and got back to me. My overall experience however was pretty negative as the contract I took was cancelled after 3 weeks leaving me disappointed and unemployed. I was not there long enough for benefits but I feel it was a fair plan and the wages were comparable to all other agencies. They don't have another opening available in my area at this time.
Pros
Friendly helpful organized
Big Changes, Little satisfaction
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2017
Used to be a small, privately owned company with great earning potential, and that close family feel. January 2017 got acquired by large corporation, everything changed. Comp got cut drastically, focused strictly on metrics not performance. Management is comprised of life-long employees, resulting in inexperience when handling or mediating any kinda of change.

Group overall is really young, likes to have fun on the job.

Positions available now are strictly entry-level, requiring 0 years experience and no college degree.

Little to no room for career advancement.

Does not facilitate individuals development beyond general job duties. Minimal training or coaching.

Very misleading to new employees regarding compensation structure.

Complete disregard for job satisfaction.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Compensation, Metrics based, entry-level responsibilities, little to no room for growth/development
Nice company to work for.
RN - PRN (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 3, 2016
Hardest part of job was waiting for another contract to be available. Worked in the Emergency room at numerous hospitals during this time. Love being a nurse and enjoyed working every day,
Great company!!
RN BSN (Current Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 21, 2016
I signed my first travel contract with medical staffing options in May of 2016. I'm so glad that I did! This is a great company to work for, I never have any problems staying in contact with my recruiter or anyone else in the company that I need to speak with such as payroll department, educator, ect.. From the beginning of this experience they have been behind me 100%. In my 8 year career of nursing I have never felt more valued as I do working for this company!
Nurse friendly company
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2016
I have been traveling for 10 years with numerous companies. I took an assignment with MSO for the high paying job they offered. I was so impressed, I stayed with them now for the last 3 years exclusively. As travelers, we are all told not to discuss our income with other travelers, but inevitably the conversation happens. I am always pleased to see what I make is more than competitive. My contracts fit my demands well. My benefits are great and very affordable plus I have direct contact with my recruiter 24/7. Not an answering machine, service or an on-call person. I have never regretted my decision to go with them. I got hurt on a job last year and they were behind me 100%.
Pros
Very supportive recruiters and management, Excellent healthcare plan
Cons
low limit on Dental insurance, No accrued vacation time
Great Culture
HEALTHCARE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2016
Company has one of the best cultures I have ever been apart of. Learned many aspects within the recruitment process. Management is extremely helpful and willing to help anyone. Additionally, other staff members will drop their work to help you and fully explain something you may not know.
Medical Staffing Options
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Medical Staffing Options has gone through some change and hasn't always been organized and thorough with insurance requests and paying me properly on time. Otherwise, they have been a good company to work for. The hardest part of my contracted position has been working with psychiatric patients as this has not been an area that I have worked in since nursing school. I can handle the medical/surgical and telemetry aspects of the job, but the psych issues have definitely been a challenge. My coworkers are awesome and we seem to work well together. Finally, my manager at the hospital has been very understanding with the loss of my father and the circumstances prior to his passing.
Good Travel Company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZOctober 9, 2015
Travel company that can always find you an assignment that fits. Great reimbursement for scrubs and certifications. Fair pay on all contracts.
Great support from staff
RN First Assist, RN Scrub, RN Circulator (Current Employee) –  ohioAugust 14, 2015
Best travel company I have traveled with. Lauren is always avail to assist me with any issues I encounter on assignment. The HR dept is very attentive and responsive.
Very accomodating, friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 30, 2015
I enjoy working for this 13 week contract staffing company, Staff is very friendly and helpful. Professional and dependable with excellent pay scale and benefits.
Be wary!!!!
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Completed several travel contracts with MSO until was injured on the job. What I have learned is that the way they pay is wrong. Do not under any circumstances work for a company that bases the contract on "tax-free" compensation. This is the company's justification in paying around minimum wage for WC. I enjoyed the facility I was working for and my recruiter was great but compensation is misleading. Stick to standard travel contracts.
Pros
Enjoyed my placement position
Cons
Compensation is misleading
Excellent place to work
travel RN (Current Employee) –  COlumbus, OhioOctober 6, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Very helpful. Arranged housing, and worked hard to make experience optimal.
Fast paced environment
Travel/Contract Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2013
Communication is key in the genre of Travel Nursing; my experience is ongoing at this time.
Pros
Credentialing staff very supportive
Cons
Communication/Expensive Startup
Family-like team
ER Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 6, 2012
Recruiters are in contact a lot to make sure you know they are working to get you a contract to make sure that you are happy with the contract you are on. If you ever have a problem, they want you call them right away so they can fix it. They want you to be happy at work and they will work to make sure you are, even if they have to go up the corporate ladder to do it. Sometimes it takes awhile to find a contract if you have a limited specialty or a a limited area where you want to travel.
Pros
benefits right away, great pay, great office staff
Cons
sometimes takes awhile to get a contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Options. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Staffing Options Reviews by Location