Medical Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Excellent
State Registered Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 22, 2017
Excellent company to work for if you have flexible hours and like to travel, great pay and opportunities to travel to different locations for work and careers
Amazing co-workers, communication down falls but getting better.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 4, 2017
As any company does, they have their down moments. In the past few months this company has been stepping up and coming together. Company had grown so quickly that ball drops were made and it was a struggle for a few months, still short staffed in some departments but overall getting better and cannot wait to see this company back on top again.
Pros
Lots of little benefits from CEO/COO, wonderful co-workers, fun environment
Cons
Compensation in regards to on-call and added stress of job title
flexibility
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 19, 2017
you can work as much or as little as you want. you must atlest work one 8 hour shift a month to stay actively employed. employee bonuses. lots of different places to work
Poor communication,
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 18, 2017
Poor communication for jobs available. It's all about the money their money. Just poor communication. I had faith but gave up when I started to ask questions and she fumbled on the answers. It was obvious
Pros
They don't have any so far
Cons
Poor pay scale
I like to interact with people in an administrative atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 28, 2017
A good experience. I have extensive administrative and medical administration experience. I type 70 wpm and have am certified in CPC-A.

The best part of the job is my ability to help people.

The hardest part of the job, obviously, is dissatisfied patients and office drama.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
no benefits, but I have my own personal healthcare
Nurse focusd agency
LVN (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 22, 2017
Very happy working with this gency. Recruiters are always available and offer great support to nurses. Assignments and pay are fair, if any probles the office staff will do all they can to make assignment the best experience possible.
Lack of transparency...dishonest
RN (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 13, 2017
Poor communication, will not have your back, honesty lacking, no accountability when they are in the wrong...just WOW! Enter at you own risk! I did enjoy my first recruiter until she moved on...
Nice place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Always employee friendly, reasonable pay, understanding staff, nice co workers, and decent supervisors. Always listen to the employee suggestions and tried to accommodate reasonable suggestions
Cons
no healthcare, no pension plan
Fun Place to Work
Travel Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet so many great people and get the chance to make a great impact on there lives. I am always learning something new in the nursing field with this job because each facility is different.
Pros
Great Recruiters, Flexible Scheduling, Great pay and benefits
Cons
As an agency worker in the healthcare field you don't get training at each facility you go to.
Maxim is spread too thin...trying to cover every job in the medical field
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  DCOctober 25, 2016
Trying to be a one-stop-shop with no knowledge of the any one discipline. Stick with the small specialized staffing companies that know something about the positions they fill.
Pros
Try to cover everything
Cons
To big for their britches
Very poor communication . From recruiter to owners.
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Evansville /Vincennes IndianaOctober 7, 2016
I worked a 13 week contract. My payroll was wrong 4 out of the 13 week. Travel expense is split in half , not on my last check,as was it not on my first either. I had to pay 400.00 deposit for apartment .. I paid it but that was not on my last check either. Assignments are very one sided.. To benefit them. I turned one down because I would be able to work for 8-10 hour for nothing. Read the agreed salary that's not the same either..beware of this company they pawn us out there and suck out the benefits.
Pros
Not much
Don't even bother
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 6, 2016
The training I did get was completely all over the place and confusing. Half the time that the training was suppose to be going on nothing was being taught. I get that these are busy people, but if you're gonna train someone then either train them or hire someone to do nothing but training. During training I wasn't allow to actually do anything that I was supposedly being trained to do and I requested several times. All I kept getting told is that I would, but never happened.
Pros
decent benifits
Cons
Everything else
Great learning opportunities.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 27, 2016
It's a great learning experience being able to work in different nursing specialties. Your able to work in various specialties. They offer travel assignments in Hawaii. They offer mileage reimbursement.
Pros
Able to accept travel assignments, mileage reimbursement, flexible work schedules and benefits are available if a person accepts contracts.
Cons
Lack of work at times.
goods place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 28, 2016
I work at different places so I get the fill of different job and skills and it gives me a chance to see the work I like and what I don't like so much.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
I dont like drivring out of town
Daily
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 10, 2015
Opened office, read emails/texts, scheduled shifts, processed payroll, updated credentials, customer service, communication. I learned how to schedule shifts, what was needed for having employees update their license/credentials. Management/co-workers at this facility - they were rude, so into each other before business, talked about the employees, focused more on their vegan eating habits and getting out of the office. The hardest part was watching the clinical manager back-date and falsify a medical record in which I was to upload for credentials. Reported this to HR, fired the next day. I enjoyed working with the employees, being able to communicate with them and getting them scheduled for shifts.
Pros
An honest feeling of accomplishment
Cons
Fraud, lies, dis-functional office
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  various places in kentuckyAugust 14, 2015
worked various places as temp staffing help. gave meds by mouth and g-tube. pay was great but work was not steady. co-workers in various locations were helpful but was not in places long enough to learn patients.
good way to see USA
travel LPN (Current Employee) –  Ill, Ind, HA, MTJuly 21, 2015
My company is very good at sending you in to different areas and always backing you up. The places I go are clean and fun to work at. I have met a lot of new friends from Hawaii to Montana. There is a fare amount of red tape but no more than usual. They always have safe places to live and if there is a problem they are always on top of it.
Pros
always sent to safe places and always feels safe
Cons
sometimes I get home sick
NOT a good travel company
LPN (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 29, 2015
I contacted this company for possible LPN travel positions. First, I almost fell off my chair when I heard the base rate, it was rediculously low. Second, the housing stipend didnt even cover the cost of housing. When I did the math, I would be making $450 a week before taxes....to work 40 hours a week. Thankfully I did my research on the area this contract was in and knew the appropriate questions to ask before comitting to this assignment...because according to the recruiter I would be making over $1000 a week.
Pros
Cons
Alot!
I like working for them
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 21, 2015
The hardest part of the job is being short staffed right now. I like my co-workers. I have been with them for 2 years now. A typical day at work can be stressful when you don't have enough staff on a floor to help you. I have taken care of some resident's where they are needy and keep calling on their call lights. A lot of running around helping resident's.
preductive teamwork
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lafayette INDecember 22, 2014
a typical day being a CNA for an agency at a very large nursing home includes waiting to be assigned to a floor, once you are assigned a floor you get report from the aides working the shift before. You answer call lights that might be going off. Since I worked 6p-6a dinner was already served and mostly eaten so what is left is to give certain residents for that specific day a shower or bath and lay everyone down for bed, every 2 hours go into rooms and check on the residents. During the 12 hr shift you pass ice water, fresh linen and pick up the trash and dirty linen from the rooms. Before you leave for the day you have assigned residents to get up and get ready for breakfast, you give report to the on coming aides and check in with your charge nurse to make sure you are clear to leave. The hardest part of the job is trying to please people who are hard to please and dealing with death if it happens on your shift. Usually at the VA you work with one other aide and 2 nurses, They are your best friends for the night. 12 hours is hard to get through if you have no one to converse with. The most enjoyable part about working for an agency at the VA is being able to take care of people and getting to know them on a personal level, they become part of your family.
Pros
always get a lunch break, friendly staff
Cons
death, hours aren't guarantee'd

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Staffing Solutions Reviews by Location