Medical Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Maxim is spread too thin...trying to cover every job in the medical field
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  DCOctober 25, 2016
Trying to be a one-stop-shop with no knowledge of the any one discipline. Stick with the small specialized staffing companies that know something about the positions they fill.
Pros
Try to cover everything
Cons
To big for their britches
Very poor communication . From recruiter to owners.
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Evansville /Vincennes IndianaOctober 7, 2016
I worked a 13 week contract. My payroll was wrong 4 out of the 13 week. Travel expense is split in half , not on my last check,as was it not on my first either. I had to pay 400.00 deposit for apartment .. I paid it but that was not on my last check either. Assignments are very one sided.. To benefit them. I turned one down because I would be able to work for 8-10 hour for nothing. Read the agreed salary that's not the same either..beware of this company they pawn us out there and suck out the benefits.
Pros
Not much
Don't even bother
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 6, 2016
The training I did get was completely all over the place and confusing. Half the time that the training was suppose to be going on nothing was being taught. I get that these are busy people, but if you're gonna train someone then either train them or hire someone to do nothing but training. During training I wasn't allow to actually do anything that I was supposedly being trained to do and I requested several times. All I kept getting told is that I would, but never happened.
Pros
decent benifits
Cons
Everything else
Great learning opportunities.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 27, 2016
It's a great learning experience being able to work in different nursing specialties. Your able to work in various specialties. They offer travel assignments in Hawaii. They offer mileage reimbursement.
Pros
Able to accept travel assignments, mileage reimbursement, flexible work schedules and benefits are available if a person accepts contracts.
Cons
Lack of work at times.
goods place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 28, 2016
I work at different places so I get the fill of different job and skills and it gives me a chance to see the work I like and what I don't like so much.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
I dont like drivring out of town
Daily
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 10, 2015
Opened office, read emails/texts, scheduled shifts, processed payroll, updated credentials, customer service, communication. I learned how to schedule shifts, what was needed for having employees update their license/credentials. Management/co-workers at this facility - they were rude, so into each other before business, talked about the employees, focused more on their vegan eating habits and getting out of the office. The hardest part was watching the clinical manager back-date and falsify a medical record in which I was to upload for credentials. Reported this to HR, fired the next day. I enjoyed working with the employees, being able to communicate with them and getting them scheduled for shifts.
Pros
An honest feeling of accomplishment
Cons
Fraud, lies, dis-functional office
good way to see USA
travel LPN (Current Employee) –  Ill, Ind, HA, MTJuly 21, 2015
My company is very good at sending you in to different areas and always backing you up. The places I go are clean and fun to work at. I have met a lot of new friends from Hawaii to Montana. There is a fare amount of red tape but no more than usual. They always have safe places to live and if there is a problem they are always on top of it.
Pros
always sent to safe places and always feels safe
Cons
sometimes I get home sick
NOT a good travel company
LPN (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 29, 2015
I contacted this company for possible LPN travel positions. First, I almost fell off my chair when I heard the base rate, it was rediculously low. Second, the housing stipend didnt even cover the cost of housing. When I did the math, I would be making $450 a week before taxes....to work 40 hours a week. Thankfully I did my research on the area this contract was in and knew the appropriate questions to ask before comitting to this assignment...because according to the recruiter I would be making over $1000 a week.
Pros
Cons
Alot!
I like working for them
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 21, 2015
The hardest part of the job is being short staffed right now. I like my co-workers. I have been with them for 2 years now. A typical day at work can be stressful when you don't have enough staff on a floor to help you. I have taken care of some resident's where they are needy and keep calling on their call lights. A lot of running around helping resident's.
preductive teamwork
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lafayette INDecember 22, 2014
a typical day being a CNA for an agency at a very large nursing home includes waiting to be assigned to a floor, once you are assigned a floor you get report from the aides working the shift before. You answer call lights that might be going off. Since I worked 6p-6a dinner was already served and mostly eaten so what is left is to give certain residents for that specific day a shower or bath and lay everyone down for bed, every 2 hours go into rooms and check on the residents. During the 12 hr shift you pass ice water, fresh linen and pick up the trash and dirty linen from the rooms. Before you leave for the day you have assigned residents to get up and get ready for breakfast, you give report to the on coming aides and check in with your charge nurse to make sure you are clear to leave. The hardest part of the job is trying to please people who are hard to please and dealing with death if it happens on your shift. Usually at the VA you work with one other aide and 2 nurses, They are your best friends for the night. 12 hours is hard to get through if you have no one to converse with. The most enjoyable part about working for an agency at the VA is being able to take care of people and getting to know them on a personal level, they become part of your family.
Pros
always get a lunch break, friendly staff
Cons
death, hours aren't guarantee'd
Fun workplace
❸ Supervisor- Natalie Bickett (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 12, 2014
Overall great experience! I appreciated the chance to work with veterans of all branches of the military. My co-workers and I got along great. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the time i got to spend listening to all of the residents stories. Many of the stories were very heart felt.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no paid vacation days
Terrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 8, 2014
They want you at their beck and call at all times, but the one time you can't be, they treat you like you are worthless. They literally throw you to the wolves with no training. My first day I was the ONLY nurse of 40+ patients who were very chronically ill and with sever dementia. I was mortified. Not only for myself but mostly the patients, because I myself could not care for them as I wanted and they needed. I thought maybe it was just a bad day, but I continued to be placed when every other nurse had called off. They send all your help home too when the "number of patients are down." No matter if the patients are the most difficult patients you can imagine. You are literally running from the second you hit the floor for 14 hours. No lunch or break. It is terrible. The money is not worth it one bit! Do not work for them!!
Pros
Selecting your days you can work
Cons
Too many to describe
Adequate agency
Travel LPN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 9, 2014
Able to find me a travel assignment in Hawaii, provide transportation, housing and rental car plus salary
Pros
generously compensated, travel expenses paid
Cons
Not enough support from agency
Travel Rn (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2014
Poor Management, communiction and do not treat with employees with respect.
Very easy to work with
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 10, 2014
MSS was a very friendly and outgoing contract service for traveling nurses and those of us nurse not wanting to relocate. I was able to start a job almost immediately and MSS kept in close contact with me throughout the life of the contract.
Productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VANovember 26, 2013
Awesome management
Team players for co-workers
Hardest part of my job was resigning
very unstable environment. management rules through their moods and personal preferences
Travel Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 12, 2013
no comment as I have not worked directly at the company, rather, worked where they sent me.
great place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  evansvilleOctober 6, 2013
friendly staff that is willing to work with you and your needs!
Pros
pay, work when and where you want
Cons
patient continuity and cannot plan your hours
Professional
Contract Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 23, 2013
Professional Travel Nurse Company; honest, deligent, informative
Pros
Communication is clear and consise
Cons
No online booking
Don't waste your time.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 20, 2013
I worked with this company and yeah the pay is good but the management is really unethical. They talk down to you and expect you to drop everything for them even if they cancel your shift all the time. The facility where you're sent to work is the worst place. I've been a CNA seven years and they're by far the worst.
Pros
pay
Cons
Disrespect, no insurance, last minute cancelations, etc. etc. etc.

2.9