Medical Transportation Management (MTM, Inc.)

Medical Transportation Management (MTM, Inc.) Employee Reviews in United States

Growing company with growing pains
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2016
MTM started off as a good company to work for however it became more chaotic over time. There were no defined policies and procedures were ever developed for my department. There was no adequate training. Turnover was very high.
Pros
Family culture
Cons
Compensation and lack of training
Good Work Environment & Advancement Opportunities, Tedious Work
Call Center CSR & Scheduler - TEMP (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MODecember 31, 2015
Pros: good work environment, pay & advancement opportunities; family cultured & PTO starts day 1. Cons: training & computer systems outdated, Requested time off never approved, in-bound calls makes for a boring tedious job.
Pros
Good Pay & Overtime Opportunities
Cons
Tedious Work
No job security
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2016
Did not feel as if I ever had job security and management has little time away from the office and when away from the office you get calls daily from work.
Rapidly Growing Company with Career Advancement Opportunities
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJune 4, 2016
I worked at MTM first at the corporate office in St. Louis then relocated to St. Paul to manage that call center. I absolutely loved working for this company. The workplace was both challenging and exciting. There were always plenty of projects to tackle, although some could find that overwhelming. The CEO Alaina was a caring person and a great leader. MTM's management were engaging and collaborative with staff at all levels. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people, I truly liked everyone I worked with on a daily basis. The most challenging part of the job was the rapid growth. At times, it felt like we were growing faster than our infrastructure and support departments could handle.
Pros
Fast Paced Environment, Excellent Management, Growth Opportunities, Great Culture, Collaborative Work Environment.
Cons
Compensation and Benefits could be better.
Very Stressful Place To Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSAugust 31, 2015
Protocols changes alot, manager of call center comes from a cable company & runs the call center very poorly. She has her favorites, when it comes to promotions. The company has not been in MS long & has a very high turnover. People leave because of the strict point system, the stress. The calls are back to back, the people on the phone are very rude. The transportations companies that are contracted with MTM: they are not dependable, they don't pickup scheduled rides or either their late. You have to catch the bad end on the phone because of their lack of responsibility. 👎🏽
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
management is the worst
fast pace enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 16, 2015
to much favoritism.
learned new jobs
management knew less about the job than the actual workers
hardest part was hours and shift changing
work was easy
Pros
recognition of good work
Cons
favortism gets promotions
We are a family
Team Lead, Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 21, 2016
Don't waste your time. managers don't know what there doing. Can't get questions answered. We are a family oriented company. No room for advancement. I learned to never settle for less!!
Pros
we work as a team
Cons
short breaks healthcare
Job carousel,turn over ridden
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOApril 8, 2016
This place was a different experience for me. The average customer services rep only seemed to last 6-9 months at best.The training is fast and usually full of holes. Getting a raise is almost impossible so you're pretty much stuck with your starting pay. The co-workers are usually in ok moods,work environment not helping.Typical day was usually chaotic. A manager once told me my previous call center experience was irrelevant.
Pros
Guaranteed hours, easy work
Cons
Turn over, pay, environment
Great People to work with
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 21, 2016
The people I work with make this job worthwhile and enjoyable. Going to work everyday and being around the employees is truly a treat.
Pros
Great people to work with and advancement opportunities
Cons
Healthcare and managmenet
Terrible idea dont go here
Call Center Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
this company is horrible. they don't respect the workers and they only hire friends. I had a friend apply for this position several times only to be told she wasn't qualified however she does this same job with more responsibility. Go figure. Favortism at its best. If you want that go here
Pros
horribe management. Management looks down there nose at you
Cons
no pros
Worst place I have ever worked. Unprofessional company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 30, 2015
I would never suggest anyone work for mtm. Where do I start? MTM is a company based on favoritism, bias & greed. The job itself was easy. Training- rushed/improper. It gives you the bare minimum to properly perform your dutiies. Quality-you could receive a 100% or a 70% doing exactly the same work with the same insurance plan based on who graded you. A** kissing = "promotion". The people who were promoted to floor support were encouraged to report on csr's & not help csr's. 2 of the 3 floor supports did not like to assist co-workers & had terrible dispositions about helping csr's. Site director - she is rude, low class & unprofessinal. Previous site manager was allowed to resign quietly after making racist remarks. They ask people to do "special projects" because they do not want to pay or hire anyone to fill the needed positions. So they have workers do multiple jobs outside of their job descriptions with lower pay rate. Non-stop calls with no pause. Outdated system(s). Calls would get bumped because incoming calls were to fast for the system to handle. Management would then accuse csr's of hanging up on people therefore resulting in termination & high turnover rate. Management knew this was the case, but used it to fire employees. Management favorites were free to do anything, while others were written up or fired. Favorites would do less work, were paid more & openly praised in front of their peers. Education, experience, professionalism doesn't mean anything. Family members & friends of management were pushed into "special projects" or management assistance roles with  more... minimal or no on-job experience. They made it a point to treat csr's as the lowest class of employee.  less
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Being Hired
Great environment
Customer Service Representative Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOJune 13, 2016
This job is great, if you like to be at the mercy of the members. They are mean, and hateful, and you are expected to make them happy. They will tell you that you need to be sympathetic with them, but everyday?! It is too much to handle, personally.
Pros
Great Culture, good pay, benefits
Cons
Yelling, Mean members
where do i start
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2016
This company has an important responsibility but try to take on to much work without being able to handle a small workload first.
Growth to FAST....
Pros
benefits for upper management at date of hire
Cons
short breaks, point system, management, unhealth enviroment, non stop workload, not a good place to work...More neg than positives
Fun place to work
Clinical Care Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJuly 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at MTM. The management was always approachable. There were fun times for the employees to forget about work for a bit - had fun getting to know my coworkers through these events.
Pros
Positive environment.Great people to work with.
Cons
Contract wasn't renewed.
Fun working environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MONovember 1, 2015
I have learned a lot working with MTM. Everyone is accepting and doesn't make you feel like you aren't welcoming. They offer great opportunities to grow with the company and the management there is excellent. They have a full gym on site as well as bikes you can rent to ride whenever you want. They also are very motivated to being a healthy campus and strive to make all employees happy and healthy.
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2015
Working for AMC is only a good idea if you're in high school. There is no room for growth, no raises, and you'll always be looking for hours. For someone in the adult world with bills etc. this not the place for you to work.
Great leadership
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 13, 2016
This was am amazing place to work, from the upper management to the team leader and the floating supervisor everyone was always on the same page, room to advance very emphatic place to work.
learn a lot about the health insurance aspect of the company
Education, Training & Outreach Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
Very supportive company that encouraged personal and professional growth. Excellent benefits package. Very fun co-workers and excellent clientele base. Management supported growth and encouraged learning.
Bait and Switch
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2014
This company promises opportunities for advancement, competitive salary, and all the glittery things. What a joke. Once you make it out of the "training" room (I use the term training loosely) you are quickly basically expected to sink or swim and there are no life jackets. When it comes to work/life balance, what is life outside of work? If you or a family member gets sick, watch out! They work on a point system and those points add up fast (dr note or not) and you WILL get the boot regardless of your work performance. Poor management, seems like things on the executive level are even worse. What a horrible decision to work here. Call center employees are treated like cattle and the office politics make it feel like you're on some reality TV show. This place is a joke.
Pros
regular paycheck
Cons
everything else
My life at MTM
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOMarch 19, 2015
I have had some amazing experiences here at MTM. I love being able to help the members and make a difference in their lives. I feel that without the transportation benefits they may not be able to get to their important appointments such as chemo and dialysis. In a typical day, I take inbound calls and assist the members with setting their transportation. I work on various projects to assist other departments. The management I have had the pleasure of working with, has been very supportive with my growth within the company. The hardest part of the job is when I would have to deny transportation due to ineligibility, but the ability to say yes and make a difference in someones live and possibly have my hand in them living a longer healthier live has always made it worth while.

2.9