Medical University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

Great benefits, mismanaged
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 23, 2017
This is a huge hospital and as such you will find great and awful leadership. My biggest gripe with the MUSC system is the way that it tends to attract incompetent and lazy individuals who are content with just scraping by collecting a rather large paycheck on the taxpayer's dime while not contributing much.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2017
Great place to work and great quality assurance always provide in every area. Sterile processing is where it all starts for the OR. Without sterile trays the OR wouldn't be able to function, therefore we do our best to keep everything in great order.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fun to work
Print Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 7, 2017
State job so no pressure to job performance. Just be on time and come when scheduled to work. Very easy job, but no incentive to advance. Would have like to stay but not for me.
Pros
relaxed atomsphere
Cons
low pay
Research Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 5, 2017
The Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, is really a great place to work as a researcher. Charleston, SC is a great place to raise a family.
Pros
research, great city
Cons
not really competitive.
Great job
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 3, 2017
Loved working for MUSC. I loved my floor and found my passion in nursing. This is a wonderful hospital that set the bar very high for future hospitals to match
Great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 2, 2017
Musc is a very nice plsce to work there is so much to learn there and you can build good skills there. it is a teaching hospital and ther are culturely divearse people that work there, the hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed. I enjoyed taking of my patients and the look on thier face when i drawn thier blood and do it in one stick with little pain.
Pros
the great leaning exprience
Cons
Being short staffed
BILINGUAL FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 2, 2017
This is a good place to work, specially if you're looking for a career in the medical field. there is a lot of opportunity to move to different positions within the organization.
Same as any other large corporation
67 President Street (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29425April 24, 2017
Overall it is a disappointing place to be associated with. Over the years they have taken more and more away from the very staff they profess to value. Policies, rules are enforced for some and others openly flaunt those same rules and policies with no consequences. Workplace bullies abound while management sits back, sends everyone to inservices and considers the matter closed.
Many fine practitioners and nurses have been drummed over the past five or so years.
Pros
They pay for years of work experiance
Cons
They have endless ways to avoid giving rasises an continually remove shift differentails, bonus pay, weekend pay etc
Good Health Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 23, 2017
Good Health Benefits - the pay could be better. I have learned alot about health care and billing. Some members of management are great others are not. The best part of the job is helping patients.
Customer Service
Customer Service/ Collector (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 18, 2017
Steady job with good people to work with. Heavy productivity with little pay as with most State jobs. Excellent tuition assistance reimbursement and benefits.
Review
Information Resource Lead Department of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 17, 2017
I resolved calls that came in to a ticketing system and would arrive at the workstations or doctors offices to resolve. Huge hospital so there was a lot of ground to cover. Fun team to work with.
Pros
Environment, enjoyed working in a hospital
Cons
Commuting
Great Benefits
Orthopaedic Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 5, 2017
This company has awesome benefits. Typical work day keeps you on your toes. Extremely busy environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the patients and knowing that you are an intricate part of helping them to get better.
great workplace
Hospital Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 23, 2017
MUSC is a great place to work with amazing benefits. The environment is fast paced. There are many opportunities for advancement and I have enjoyed my experience here.
Love this place!
Administrative Coordinator II Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2017
MUSC has been a terrific employer! I have advanced through learning different positions and within my 25 years have been promoted 6 times. My supervisors were very supportive in my eagerness to advance through the State/MUSC system.
Pros
Working with diverse group of people, especially the international community.
Cons
Parking!
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ashley AvenueMarch 15, 2017
Great place to work. Meet great people. Staff very confident about work. Hardest part about the job is meeting the patients, and knowing their experience.Location is a huge downfall. Interstate traffic.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Traffic
Options for Advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29403March 15, 2017
There should be room for others to advance within their department without applying for another position outside. The pay grade should allow for upgrades and or pay raises inside and outside of the pay band as well.
Pros
Great Benefits Packages
Cons
No Room for advancement within the Departments
Overall Review
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 27, 2017
Advancement opportunities are not easy within, also annual raises rarely happen. Management not around for employees
Learned a lot.
SUPPLY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 26, 2017
Learned a lot about medical supplies while working at the Medical University of South Carolina. I also met a lot of wonderful people.
Good teamwork
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Good Benefits, Good teamwork, meet new people daily, learn about products needed for patient care. Most enjoyable part of my job is helping people in need.
Very fast paced CT/Hospital.
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 13, 2017
Can be very busy or evenly paced. Because its a learning hospital there is always room to grow. Management was supportive and pitched in when they could. The hardest part of the job was the very sick patients. Most enjoyable part was working with who I was working with. We had a real team effort in the department.
Pros
The learning of new things.
Cons
The sadness of the patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical University of South Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical University of South Carolina Reviews by Location