Medical University of South Carolina

Medical University of South Carolina Employer Reviews

Is a typical state organization
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 5, 2014
This is a typical state run medical research institution. It can be stable but in a difficult funding climate is unlikely for advancement.
MUSC
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 29, 2014
The Medical University of South Carolina is a leader in patient quality and safety.
Assemble line healthcare
NP (Former Employee), CharlestonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours. continuity of patient care
If you drink the kool aid all is well. They are very resistant to change. Advanced practice managed by protocols and not critical thinking.
wonderful staff
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), charleston, scOctober 15, 2014
Pros: friendly and intelligent staff
Cons: terrible management
I worked in the children's hospital and the nursing staff was excellent, the management was another thing. Great place to gain knowledge and experience.
MUSC WAS SECURE EMPLOYMENT AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS
TEAM LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2014
FAST PACED JOB, I LEARNED HOW TO BILL INSURANCE,HELP PATIENTS AND DEAL WITH HIGH STRESS SITUATIONS AND TIME FRAMES IN WHICH TO COMPLETE SPECIAL PROJECTS. MANAGEMENT WAS WILLING TO TEACH AND HELP IMPROVE WORK SKILLS TO BETTER COMPLETE JOB TASKS. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS HAVING TO TELL A PATIENT BASED ON GUIDELINES YOU COULD NOT HELP THEM AND THE – more... MOST ENJOYABLE AND REWARDING WAS WHEN YOU COULD HELP THE PATIENT WITH THEIR FINANCIAL HARDSHIP SITUATIONS. – less
Liason between guest and staff at the hospital
Concierge I, Guest Services (Current Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits, close to home, love the work
Cons: not much opportunity for movement upward, pay
Assist guest with directions to patient rooms or to their appointments throughout the hospital. If they need to stay longer assist them with discount at a local hotel for their stay. If they need any assistance with communicating with professional staff getting them in touch with them while they are here if they don't have an appointment or need to – more... set up an appointment assist them with how to get that done. Deal with unhappy customers and try to settle before they leave to increase customer satisfaction surveys. Help with customers locked out of cars, flat tires, getting batteries for cars jumped, anything that might arise we are the go to people. – less
Would not recommend working here.
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Charleston,SCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: not too far from home.
Cons: pay, no room for growth, benefits cost too much.
I have been working here for 7 years and honestly, there is absolutely no room for growth and the pay is terrible. I am ALWAYS looking for a new job.Unless you come in as an MD or you know someone, you'd be wasting your time here.
It was a nice place to work
Cashier and Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: get rewarded when you done something good or gone above and beyond.
Cons: no discounts on meal
A typical day at work was as normal same routine everyday. Everyone had to learn how to work every station. I love most of my co workers most of us was like family. The management staff was excellent.
Provides numerous avenues for learning.
Surgical Nurse OR Nurse (Current Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: state benefits
Typical work days are 12 hour shifts that involve patients with a variety of illness, injuries, and medical problems. Work loads vary depending on the unit, and can range from 4-6 patients per day which do not include admissions and discharges. The staff on all of the units are always willing to help when needed, and emulate a strong team effort.

What – more... I have learned about management is that there are many styles of management. Some managers are visible and pro-active with staff concerns and needs while others are invisible and less accessible.

The hardest part of nursing is dealing with difficult patients and families. The most enjoyable part of nursing is caring for a patient and seeing them throughout their care to wellness. – less
Patient Representative (Current Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 29, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: short lunch breaks.
Great co-workers.
You learn something new everyday and job training is great. You are prepared to do your assigned tasks after training is done. Management is always willing to help with any issues that arise, so support is excellant.
Helping people is the best part of job.
great place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2014
I learned a lot working here. There is never a dull moment. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Not a bad place to work
Safety & Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 27, 2014
Management could use an overhaul, but otherwise not a bad place to work.
The Medical University has been a great place to work
Clinical Nurse II, Research Nexus (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 23, 2014
I had a great career in research at MUSC. I was always proud to say I worked at MUSC.
Scheduling excellent, pay below average and benefits moderate
BUILDING/GROUNDS SPECIALIST I (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 30, 2014
My typical work day starts at 6:00 am and ends at 2:30 pm. During the course of day you required to do a number of job duties, while the duties remain the same the area in which your required to work changes. With my schedule remaining the same for 6 years I was able to attend Trident Technical College and graduating this past May. While this job is – more... not the highest paying position it is ideal for any college student and a person with 2 jobs – less
learned alot within the 5 years i worked there
Dietary Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2014
Overall I loved working with the patients and people in general. Management on the other hand really needs improvement. People in Management positions didn't have people skills.
Extremely busy and stressful environment
Registered Nurse/Nurse Extern (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2014
More management and help from management, High acquity and very fast paced environment
Productiveand positive work environment.
Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free coffee and starbucks on campus
Cons: having to provide my own healthcare
A typical day at work would consist of training on the Epic system, updating lesson plans to reflect the MUSC module, classroom training of end users and elbow support. I learned a great deal of information with the Epic system as it was my first encounter with the program. My co workers are an excellent group of individuals. They were all very positive, – more... supportive and professionals. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the shifts but with the amount of positivity and team work throughout the entire hospital staff made it worth the struggle. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to learn and new system and consistently learn additional information on a daily basis. – less
Sonographer
Perinatal Sonographer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2014
Outpatient women's imaging center. Good place to work. Good work environment.
Fun Workplace
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), Charleston,SCJuly 10, 2014
Great Team,Great Staff.I learned working for Musc as well,This is a huge hospital,so at first it was a challenge,but once you get the hang of it,everything works out fine.
One to the best academic hospital
Fiscal Analyst (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 22, 2014
MUSC is one of the best academic hospital in the nation. I enjoyed working there.

1 2 3 4 5