MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC Employee Reviews in United States

A Very Rewarding Career
Clinic Sales Manager/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 6, 2016
I have worked for Medical Weight Loss Cinic from 2009-2013, and I have just returned recently this year. The support you receive from the management and staff is over and above any "job" I have ever had. We educate and motivate others to help them to change their lifestyle. Our patients lose weight as a result! Medical Weight Loss Clinic is a very honest and ethical Michigan Corporate Company. I have been a Cinic Manager and have worked as a Medical Assistant. The company does give opportunity for advancement and the compensation is fair. Working for MWLC has given me the chance to help others and earn a living doing something I love!
Pros
Paid Vacations and Sick Days, Good Compensation, Bonus Opportunity, Relaxed and fun atmosphere, Advancement Opportunities, Helping Others, Great Training, Family Owned Michigan Company.
Cons
This isn't a 9-5 mon-fri office gig. It's a little more, and so worth being open a little longer. There are not many cons.
Productive enviroment where you can gain other skills
Medical Staff (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 15, 2015
Busy place to work with supportive co-workers and managers. It's a place that can help people change their lives and gain support where they feel they can't anywhere else.
Pros
Easy-going co-workers
Cons
Weight Management Counselor/Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for MWLC. I learned a lot about nutrition and dieting. They give you extensive training to help you do well.
Pros
free samples
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIMarch 12, 2015
Patients are friendly and has great staff and management. Pay is good and the hours flexible. There is nothing I do not enjoy about this job.
???
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 12, 2015
The Owner is very rude to her employees. She wants to hover over everything not allowing her MAs to do their job. she speaks down to them like they are children.
customer satisfaction
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 29, 2014
daily I work with people who are ready to change their life and some who just like to visit.
I have learned that everyone works at different levels/pace.
Management team are hard workers.
Co-workers are sometimes not reliable when needed the most.
The hardest part of the job is telling patients day in and day out that they are not meeting the needs of the program or not trying in so many words. and I feel that I am not trained to be a psychiatrist I am only a medical assistant.
Most enjoyable is to see a happy patient.
Pros
environment
Cons
wage
A typical day
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJuly 11, 2014
I enjoyed the patients' as well as my co-workers.

Hardest part of the job is when a patient didn't lose weight and they would blame you.

Best part of the job is when one of our Supervisors came.
Pros
long lunches, discount on programs or products.
Cons
no insurance.
Very Hands on
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 4, 2014
Learned a lot of different medical techniques and got to utilize my knowledge.
A fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 26, 2013
I really enjoyed myself at this particular job. I enjoyed learning new and exciting things. My coworkers were fun to work with. I meant many people and became friends with some.There was nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was being able to help young and old to lose weight....
Pros
being able to help people
Cons
healthcare
Enjoyable, life changing, supportive
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 18, 2013
Making a difference in hundreds of peoples lives daily. Employees change often.
Pros
competitiv salary
Upbeat and fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MichiganDecember 13, 2012
Perform bloodwork and EKG's thru the morning, individual counciling with patients about their diet program and sell them nutritional products needed for their plans. It was a place with music and laughter, very upbeat. I didn't find anything too hard to do and found all aspects of the job enjoyable.
Pros
can make unlimited cash
Cons
The Love for my patients!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 26, 2012
I absolutely love my patients and helping them achieve their weight loss goals. I have learned to solve most patients problems as well as new patients consultations. The management and co-workers could use a professionalism adjustment in the workplace. The hardest part of my job is the hours without the pay and benefits.
Pros
helping patients achieve their weight loss goals
Cons
working for commission, long hours and no benefits.
Great intentions for the patients that choose this program. Saving lives is defintiely the most rewarding thing.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 17, 2012
We see patients on a daily basis that receive guidance and counselling to assist in weightloss. I now know and understand the extreme difficulties people have in their attempts at weightloss. Most upper management are driven more by numbers rather than the well being of the patients. Staff in the clinics are amazing. They have great levels of compassion, patience, and the tools necessary for the patients. The most difficult part of the position is learning why these people have weight issues. There are fine lines for what they are allowed to disclose, but sometimes they just need to talk. It makes it difficult to keep it impersonal. I love the patient interraction and success stories that come with it!! To know we helped someone succeed in weight loss is most gratifying.
Pros
great program, co-workers, and patients. very fun environment
Cons
no insurance, long hours, high turn-over, under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8