Medical West Employee Reviews

Good place to gain knowledge
Hme Tec (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2017
Some tecs are good genuine people. I love the interaction with people. Seeing and going sumwere new everyday. The knowledge i learned here can be used after work ,
Pros
Cons
No set off time plus short breaks
Medical West has an extraordinary work atmosphere.
Out Patient Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMay 9, 2017
Upon being a team member of Medical West, I would have to personally say that the environment was very satisfying and friendly. There may have been days that seemed like they would end up not as well as others, but being that the supervisors, and employees of each department in which he/she were assigned to, the fact that they were very helpful and friendly made being apart of the team much easier. For example, if there was an irate patient the team would work together to get matters resolved, it was never an "each man for themselves type of job. Being apart of the Medical West team was truly a pleasure.
Friendly co-workers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2017
Busy, friendly work environment. Customer service always comes first. Most co-workers are willing to give a helping hand,when their abilities will allow
great placce to work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALNovember 18, 2016
great place to start in the healthcare field, classes are offered for certain advancement positions within the company, management is caring and very helpful to all employees, everything about working at this job was a pleasant experience except for the distance that I had to drive
Patient Care Services
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALNovember 12, 2016
A typical day will start with getting assignments from the Charge Nurse, once you know where you will be working, I will check on my patients, I will like to see each patient that I have first. I will check vital signs as well as blood sugars. I will give baths, change beds and make sure my patients have had enough to eat and drink. As the night goes on, I will do hour to hour checks on each patient just to monitor their nights. I will chart on each patient, then I will be ready to give report to the next shift that comes on.
Fast paced work environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOFebruary 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers. I have the opportunity to help them meet their medical needs. There is no typical day at work--each day is different. We are a very fast paced company, and multi tasking is a must. I have a great working relationship with those in the DME department.
Pros
Family friendly environment, colleagues
Cons
benefits, healthcare, not consistent with yearly raises
Non productive and very low pay
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALSeptember 5, 2015
I worked on 6 east for 6 months, this is the worst place I have every worked in my life.You are worked like a dog from the beginning till the end of your shift.Most of the nurses are not helful, they have clicks,they are back stabbing and snitches .Management sucks,claim there is a open door policy to talk about what's right or wrong "LIES" Management is unfair the rules change daily. Let's talk about pay nothing but change.Do yourself a favor and DO NOT APPLY for this job.
Pros
Clocking Out
Cons
Work like a dog!!!
Not A Good Place To Work
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis , Mo.February 20, 2015
The work wasn't really that hard. The thing that made it intolerable was the unfriendly work atmosphere that existed there. Management and workers alike were just very hard to get along with.
Pros
Work wasn't bad
Cons
People
Daily work output for Medical West.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  SAME DAY SURGERYFebruary 20, 2014
My goal is to ensure that outpatients are scheduled for necessary procedures at Medical West. The physician's office provides me with necessary information such as: the procedure, diagnosis, and authorization numbers allowing that patient to be one step closer to treatment. Each scheduled account is then verified by a registration team who communicates with insurance providers to verify the benefits for each account. Moreover, department managers consult with me to co-ordinate any changes within their department. This is to reinforce communication between the physicians office and the healthcare providers. Resulting in better care for each patient who seeks treatment at Medical West.
great company to work with
MEDICARE AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  St Louis MOJuly 31, 2013
Great workplace environment, Management was excellent Enjoyed working with my coworkers as a team. Learned a lot about insurance and billing. Hardest part of job was having to leave, The most enjoyable part was being part of a wonderful team
Pros
everything
Cons
no cons
Overall a nice job
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJuly 26, 2013
Management was nice and reasonable, the work load in a hospital changes often being that i was part time i did not get to work much. I worked in a small office so I was close to my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the loss of patients. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients go home.
regret having ever worked there
Clinical Service Technician/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOMay 28, 2013
should have stayed on with Apria Healthcare, a much better company to work for.
Pros
Cons
too many to list here
Very helpful clinical instructors.
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 19, 2012
The Clinical Instructors were very instrumental in my professional development.
Small Family owned DME company
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2012
Delivered and repaired home medical equipment. Educating patients and caregivers on proper care and use.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
poor benefits, long hours