Medical Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,090 reviews matching the search
Fast paced clinic with 3 medical doctors and 2 nurse practitioners
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, ARApril 6, 2016
I work 8-5 taking care of all medical record needs and requests. I work in our electronic medical record all day and have become knowledgeable with Athena. There are 7 other women in the office and we all help each other with different tasks. The hardest part of my job is being the only one that takes care of medical records. I do enjoy it though. I went to college for health information management and I get to utilize things I learned while in school. This is a great company to work for. I am looking for more compensation and advancement in the field.
Always busy and multitasking
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work was filing, answering multiple phone calls at once; providing medical records for co-workers, hospitals, clinics, imaging centers, etc. And I was reponsible of requesting reports/files from variety facilitites. Every day there was correspondance so I would have to appropriately scan, copy, upload, and distribute it.

I learned to:
Adapt quick, multitask, critical thinking, prioritize

Management and co-workers all worked together as a family to get tasks done as fast as possible.

The hardest part of the job was to communicate with a patient whom had already been mistreated or unattended. I would work twice as hard to satisfy that person so they can leave with a smile from the clinic.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving home knowing that by doing my job efficiently had a benefit result towards the clinic and the patients.
Pros
YOUR VOTE, VOICE, OPINION ALWAYS COUNTED.
Cons
NO COVERAGE OR BENEFITS WHAT SO EVER.
Good Doctors/Medical Assistants, below average management
Field Specimen Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 10, 2016
As a Field Specimen Technician I specialized in handling bio-hazardous material and worked for OBGYN's. The medical assistants would take cultures of patients, I would work in their laboratory gathering information from patients demographic sheets, filling out a requisition form for each vial, making sure everything was matching and packaged correctly. I worked out of 9-14 hospitals a day driving 110 miles a day. I completed daily log reports, weekly mileage reports, and shipped packages at the airport at the end of my shift meeting the flight's deadline.
Pros
Compensation, great hospital staff
Cons
Always a miscommunication between Field Specimen Tech manager, Sales Rep, and FST. Unstable work hours. High risk of car accidents.
Worked front office, assisted staff, patients, did charge entries and payment postings
Behavioral Health Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Company had good benefits and professional training. Training would not only be about how to do your particular job in your area, it would also include the latest changes in working with new programs ex, Microsoft office. which would enhance your performance and your job duties. Not a lot of job turn over. People around you generally liked and enjoyed their jobs and moral was good.
Pros
Well managed, great place to go into everyday
Basic job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 4, 2016
This job is ok if you are looking for basic job functions. The only upside to job is the clients. No benefits, cars are in poor condition.
Pros
JOB FREEDOM
Cons
NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT
Medical Equipment Solutions, Intl.
Principal - Owner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed the building of our company and the work, travel and knowledge gained.
I managed projects in Medical Equipment Planning for ASC units to complete hospital facilities - new and replacement.
My projects were located both domestically and internationally.
Developing RFQ's for projects.
Pros
My own boss
Benefits
Loyal Employer and employees
Healthcare Specialist US Army, Ft (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 8, 2016
Great working environment. On the job training. Flexible hours. Family oriented. Good benefits. Company supplied vehicles and tools. Friendly customers and coworkers.
great experience and fun place to work.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 14, 2015
Great work experience with responsible supervisors and great coworkers, learned a lot about working with people over the phone with disabilities, became to learn many new things. The work experience didn't have a hardest part but the most enjoyable part would have been interacting with the clients and coworkers.
Pros
great benefits and pay with good learning experience
Cons
changes of policies
Great workplace for Starting your career in medical billing
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 20, 2016
MDL is great if you are just starting, I highly recommend learning to type at least 45 words a minute. This company has great holiday parties and Full Time benefits.
Nice
sleep technician (Current Employee) –  Little River, SCJanuary 5, 2016
Nice place to work. The pay is not what it should be and you do not get full time hours. It is nights only job. Its hands on training. My coworkers are awesome. You might have to travel. The are no benefits available and you don't get reimbursements for background checks, tests or mileage for traveling.

Want to know more about Medical?

Ask a question
Very cliquish
Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2016
It's not what you know but the people who you know that will make your work a non toxic environment and opportunity for advancements.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no loyalty and cliquishness
Loved the atmosphere, very kind management!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
I love working here! Not only did the management treat you like family, they treated every patient like family as well. To me, coming in everyday to work felt like no work at all. I loved seeing children getting better and families lives improving!
Pros
Promotions, breaks, pay raises
Independent contractor
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  east bendJanuary 5, 2016
I had to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week because you never knew what kind of document needed to be transcribed quickly.

Also no benefits were being offered at the time.
Overworked and underpaid
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJNovember 11, 2015
This hospital puts the dollar over the patient or employee. Nurses are expected to pick up more and more duties without compensation
Benefits
Cons
uncaring management
hospital assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2015
Great staff, management & benefits. Hard work but fulfilling! Allows me to work with many different people from different walks of life.
Small Company
Benefits / HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
This was a challenging job combining both My HR and Accounting skills. It was fun, motivating place to work. I loved what I was doing.
Pros
Excellant pay and benefits
Cons
Small company with limited advancement opportunities.
I enjoy the friendship we acquire during our complexity work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work is never the same i enjoy the changes and the challenges that comes with it. An as the challenges arrive i have learned to be flexible and assertive. These past experiences has made me very aware of my surroundings and a much better tech. This also includes management who listen and act on what you bring up as concerns as well as good reviews. Co-workers are great once you earn the respect of each other and are on the same page work can be a very pleasant place. The hardest part of my job is staying clam and making things keep flowing smooth. The most enjoyable part is knowing that your effort and skills ,with past an present experiences, come together and the patient benefits from all of it.
Pros
heather snakes
Cons
people who complain
Front Desk
La Familia Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
Worked in a fast pace dental clinic. Registered new and existing patients, copied and entered demographic and insurance in system. checked all insurances collected co-pays and scheduled patients and called to confirm appointments.
management was good and worked good with all the tools needed to get our work done.
Co-workers all got along and worked well together.
Most hardest part of the job was when a patient needed to be seen for an emergency due to a bad toothache and couldn't because we had a tight schedule.
Enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new patients and see all the children that came in.
Pros
For birthdays we had potlucks.
Cons
Company was interesed in employees getting their shots and made time for us all.
Productive and friendly environment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work-productive, busy preparing hand-outs, and preparing for the day's lecture, sometimes, tutoring students not able to fully understand Medical Terminology.

I learned to adjust to different personalities.

Management treatment of employees was fair.

My co-workers were helpful whenever I needed assistance.

The hardest part of the job is when some hard-headed students did not comply with school policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when students appreciate my effort of teaching them and giving them the best of my knowledge and ability/skills.
Pros
Compensation was good.
Cons
some of the companies I worked at did not give health insurance benefits
Productive and organized facility to be part of.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 13, 2016
My typical day would consist of transcribing, assisting nurses when needed and entering new patients into the system. Creating, adding to and organizing files and charts for new and existing patients, Locating information requested by billing, nursing and other departments, Filling all necessary files in the 4 different unit of the facility, Scheduling ambulance or cab transportation and doctor appointments.
Pros
Management and my fellow employees were wonderful and helpful people.
Cons
The organization was not financially solid so keeping your job was a day-to-day question.