Medical Employee Reviews

Found 1,128 reviews matching the search
Like feeling unsupported?
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeSeptember 21, 2016
MCW preaches their dedication to their employees, but I never got that sense. I was caught between having three leaders, and most times I needed an answer, it was either not answered or tossed between the three leaders. I was specifically reprimanded for not communicating well enough, but when I needed something, I never felt supported. It was an awful environment for me, and those who like to feel supported by their leader probably wouldn't enjoy it either.
Upper Management is awesome
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 12, 2016
I have only been with the company a short time, i was moved from department to department. I do much more work which i do not mind since i keep busy all day. The issue I'm having is that no raise was mentioned or given.. The company is not flexible with school schedules even having one leave or come in an hour early/later. Overall if your straight out of High school this would be the job for you.
Pros
Upper Management is awesome
Cons
All Female work Enviroment
Banner Boswell Medical Center
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 29, 2016
The unit I am part of specializes on joint replacements and is a great example of team work and communication between different health care teams to assure patient's success. In a typical day I take care of 4- 5 patients that are going to need physical therapy or are being admitted to a regular unit after their surgical procedure is done. PT is given in a class twice a day and my job is to maintain patient's pain control with opioids balancing pain with out affecting normal body functions. The hardest part of the job is caring for patients coming from PACU and discharging the patients that are ready to go home or are having health complications.
Pros
Team work environment
Cons
Busy unit
Cubicle sitting all day with little management
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, VASeptember 4, 2016
I have alerts that need to be done and tasks that need to be accomplished each day for the healthcare of Veterans. My management really didn't seem like they cared about their employees or the job itself, as long as they looked good in the eyes of their leadership. The hardest part of my job is dealing with disgruntled Veterans who need their care immediately and are not willing to wait. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-worked and mostly having no micro-management.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch, stability, benefits
Cons
Management and lack of advancement opportunities
Admin-medical (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 23, 2016
This is a very busy place. We were slammed most days and understaffed at times, when people would quit and go elsewhere. Of course it made the day go faster. I learned of different systems, working with several companies to make sure they were receiving great quality of service. Management was always changing and left a lot of the staff disoriented. With the ever other month changes it was hard to get used to management. The hardest part of my job was the continual lifting of boxes of files. The most enjoyable part of my job was data entry, analyzing problems and making a difference in our medical system.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no breaks
Medicare
Claims Rep II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53226August 20, 2016
A typical work day in the Medicare department is as follows. Your assigned invoices and you work the rejections. So a lot of this is reviewing polices to see why this claim has been rejected. I found it interesting looking up the polices to see why a claim is being denied and if something could be done within Medicare guidelines to have the claim paid. I enjoyed doing this kind of work as I feel that I'm helping the patients if they don't have to worry about the hows and whys when going to see a provider.
Disappointing
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 11, 2016
No chance for growth; high expectations for below standard compensation; poor management; no regard for life outside of work (unreasonable requests and if unable to perform "unrequired tasks" according to job description, was a reflection upon your work performance); the co-workers are what made the work day enjoyable despite the typical workload
Pros
Unified employee morale; commaradie
Cons
Micro-managing; no responsibility taken by upper management
Times does fly by when you're having fun!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLAugust 7, 2016
Truly enjoyed working with everyone at Hospital Physician Partners. Management was always above board and hard work never went unnoticed! Work hours were flexible and much consideration was given if you had a problem, they really did have an open door policy that worked!
Pros
We had the best Thanksgiving and Christmas lunches!
Cons
I was happy working there, but you know the old saying "You can please some of the people some of the time, but, you can't please all the people all of the time"
Hostile envioronment-workplace
Breast Imaging Specialist / Dipa H. Patel, M.D (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 29, 2016
Hostile envioronment-workplace. Doctor calls staff and patients stupid, ask staff to do things that will upset the other staff (add patients in) when asked why schedule is packed by other staff, does not own up to it (does not say I asked patient to be added) Lies about the billing.

Some odd reason I cannot decrease the stars. I rate this a one star.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Hostile envioronment-workplace
a day in my shoes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 25, 2016
A typical day for me includes gathering report on 4-6 patients from the bedside, logging into the computer and obtaining their medications scheduled for the day. What I have learned is great team work, team work is essential in making nursing successful. Communication is essential in making a department functional. Co-workers who are willing to help out everyone and have a good attitude toward their jobs and want to care for their patients and have and show compassion, make the biggest impact. The best part about my job is knowing that when I walk out the door, I made a difference in someone's life, and that everyday I learn something new. You never quit learning as a nurse.
Pros
learning, compassion, teamwork
Cons
sometimes there's not enough time in your day
Patient Safety and Quality of Care
Infection Preventionist (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 28, 2016
I read every patient chart in the hospital of 270 beds, looking for infection issues. If hospital acquired infections are discovered, I am responsible for helping my team create reports for the governing agencies. My position requires close team work, assertiveness, strong clinical skills, creativeness, and a finesse in communication skills. We have fun together, yet are change agents for a safer environment for patients, staff and physicians.
Pros
Salaried position, creativeness, educational and fun.
Cons
Non-compliance of staff for patient safety and quality
Exciting to see the patients
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 27, 2016
I love a fast pace environment where I can help people. I listen to people talk about there day to day life while I collect there blood and get them ready to see the doctor. I enjoy them telling me I didn't hurt them while drawing there blood. The hardest part about my job is knowing I am about to stick them and it might hurt a little or to see someone afraid to get stuck. I take the time to make them at ease and comfortable with me. I enjoy interacting with the patients.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Don't pay enough
Millennia Patient Services review
Medical Biller/Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 15, 2016
Typical day- Began at 730am and did not end until 530. The work load was very rewarding, never a lag time which was extremely satisfying. Co-workers were pleasant and professional

The hardest part of the day was you were not going to be able to satisfy everyone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was constant work. The work very much enjoyable.
Pros
Work load
Cons
Relocated
One of the best jobs I ever had
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 27, 2016
I was hired as an "intermittent" employee while I was in school. I was translating German language audio recordings into English in order to determine the importance of post WWII interrogations of German civilians. I would really like to do German translation work again.
Pros
Incredibly interesting work
Cons
No benefits or paid time off due to being a Federal "intermittent" employee
I liked the chalenge of organizing and maintaining a proper medical records department.
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO, Smithville,MOAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed working in the environment of organizing and maintaining the medical records of these facilities.. The people were friendly and helpful as everyone worked to achieve and improve daily goals.
Pros
Was able to worked at my own pace achieving desired outcomes and improvements.
Cons
My proficiency made the job look easy.
Productive and friendly environment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work-productive, busy preparing hand-outs, and preparing for the day's lecture, sometimes, tutoring students not able to fully understand Medical Terminology.

I learned to adjust to different personalities.

Management treatment of employees was fair.

My co-workers were helpful whenever I needed assistance.

The hardest part of the job is when some hard-headed students did not comply with school policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when students appreciate my effort of teaching them and giving them the best of my knowledge and ability/skills.
Pros
Compensation was good.
Cons
some of the companies I worked at did not give health insurance benefits
Productive, fast pace ,team work
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2016
Turning on phones and your day began, patients calling to get same day appointments and to cancel appointments, printing labels for lab appointments, verifying next day appointments, scanning in labs, working along with co-workers, hardest part of job is when a patient
expires and you have to face love ones, enoyable part of the day is when you have successfully helped some one get the care that they need for there health
Pros
helping people and free breakfast on tuesday
Cons
they keep the building very cold
Engaging work envoirnment
Practice Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2016
Being able to balance multiple task and be able to make a difference for many MGO practices. I love that everyone that works at MGO has the same appreciation and love for MGO. Having the opportunity to lead our team through our Educational Program has been challenging as well as rewarding.
Pros
Great work life balance consept
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth due to small company
Team player
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 18, 2016
I possess strong communication skills, enjoy working autonomously and am passionate about healthcare. As a healthcare professional who has over 15 years’ experience of working in this field, I would bring to your company a broad range of skills including; direct patient care, welcoming relationship with patients and physician with a view to build confidence and credibility and companion care.
Front Desk
La Familia Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
Worked in a fast pace dental clinic. Registered new and existing patients, copied and entered demographic and insurance in system. checked all insurances collected co-pays and scheduled patients and called to confirm appointments.
management was good and worked good with all the tools needed to get our work done.
Co-workers all got along and worked well together.
Most hardest part of the job was when a patient needed to be seen for an emergency due to a bad toothache and couldn't because we had a tight schedule.
Enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new patients and see all the children that came in.
Pros
For birthdays we had potlucks.
Cons
Company was interesed in employees getting their shots and made time for us all.