Medical Employee Reviews

Found 1,127 reviews matching the search
Fast paced clinic with 3 medical doctors and 2 nurse practitioners
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, ARApril 6, 2016
I work 8-5 taking care of all medical record needs and requests. I work in our electronic medical record all day and have become knowledgeable with Athena. There are 7 other women in the office and we all help each other with different tasks. The hardest part of my job is being the only one that takes care of medical records. I do enjoy it though. I went to college for health information management and I get to utilize things I learned while in school. This is a great company to work for. I am looking for more compensation and advancement in the field.
Always busy and multitasking
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work was filing, answering multiple phone calls at once; providing medical records for co-workers, hospitals, clinics, imaging centers, etc. And I was reponsible of requesting reports/files from variety facilitites. Every day there was correspondance so I would have to appropriately scan, copy, upload, and distribute it.

I learned to:
Adapt quick, multitask, critical thinking, prioritize

Management and co-workers all worked together as a family to get tasks done as fast as possible.

The hardest part of the job was to communicate with a patient whom had already been mistreated or unattended. I would work twice as hard to satisfy that person so they can leave with a smile from the clinic.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving home knowing that by doing my job efficiently had a benefit result towards the clinic and the patients.
Pros
YOUR VOTE, VOICE, OPINION ALWAYS COUNTED.
Cons
NO COVERAGE OR BENEFITS WHAT SO EVER.
Good Doctors/Medical Assistants, below average management
Field Specimen Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 10, 2016
As a Field Specimen Technician I specialized in handling bio-hazardous material and worked for OBGYN's. The medical assistants would take cultures of patients, I would work in their laboratory gathering information from patients demographic sheets, filling out a requisition form for each vial, making sure everything was matching and packaged correctly. I worked out of 9-14 hospitals a day driving 110 miles a day. I completed daily log reports, weekly mileage reports, and shipped packages at the airport at the end of my shift meeting the flight's deadline.
Pros
Compensation, great hospital staff
Cons
Always a miscommunication between Field Specimen Tech manager, Sales Rep, and FST. Unstable work hours. High risk of car accidents.
Basic job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 4, 2016
This job is ok if you are looking for basic job functions. The only upside to job is the clients. No benefits, cars are in poor condition.
Pros
JOB FREEDOM
Cons
NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT
Worked front office, assisted staff, patients, did charge entries and payment postings
Behavioral Health Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Company had good benefits and professional training. Training would not only be about how to do your particular job in your area, it would also include the latest changes in working with new programs ex, Microsoft office. which would enhance your performance and your job duties. Not a lot of job turn over. People around you generally liked and enjoyed their jobs and moral was good.
Pros
Well managed, great place to go into everyday
Medical Equipment Solutions, Intl.
Principal - Owner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed the building of our company and the work, travel and knowledge gained.
I managed projects in Medical Equipment Planning for ASC units to complete hospital facilities - new and replacement.
My projects were located both domestically and internationally.
Developing RFQ's for projects.
Pros
My own boss
Benefits
Loyal Employer and employees
Healthcare Specialist US Army, Ft (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 8, 2016
Great working environment. On the job training. Flexible hours. Family oriented. Good benefits. Company supplied vehicles and tools. Friendly customers and coworkers.
great experience and fun place to work.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 14, 2015
Great work experience with responsible supervisors and great coworkers, learned a lot about working with people over the phone with disabilities, became to learn many new things. The work experience didn't have a hardest part but the most enjoyable part would have been interacting with the clients and coworkers.
Pros
great benefits and pay with good learning experience
Cons
changes of policies
Great workplace for Starting your career in medical billing
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 20, 2016
MDL is great if you are just starting, I highly recommend learning to type at least 45 words a minute. This company has great holiday parties and Full Time benefits.
Nice
sleep technician (Current Employee) –  Little River, SCJanuary 5, 2016
Nice place to work. The pay is not what it should be and you do not get full time hours. It is nights only job. Its hands on training. My coworkers are awesome. You might have to travel. The are no benefits available and you don't get reimbursements for background checks, tests or mileage for traveling.

Want to know more about Medical?

Ask a question
Very cliquish
Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2016
It's not what you know but the people who you know that will make your work a non toxic environment and opportunity for advancements.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no loyalty and cliquishness
fine
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2016
ok
• Provided clinical patient care to all assigned patients.
• Maintained specified certifications and annual program requirements.
• Completed necessary orientation program as coordinated by Nursing Education.
• Managed to comply with all institutional regulations.
• Notified the unit or care center office of any changes in contact information.
• Ensured to participate in all training classes offered by Nursing Education
• Answering heavy phone lines in the call center /front desk
• Handling outbound and inbound calls from external and internal customers
• Completing call reports and logs, and researching billing issues.
• Handle patients scheduling and confirm appointments.
• Updated patient’s demographics, insurance information.
• Assisting in Bi-lingual patients translations
Pros
short tern
Cons
Short term
a day in my shoes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 25, 2016
A typical day for me includes gathering report on 4-6 patients from the bedside, logging into the computer and obtaining their medications scheduled for the day. What I have learned is great team work, team work is essential in making nursing successful. Communication is essential in making a department functional. Co-workers who are willing to help out everyone and have a good attitude toward their jobs and want to care for their patients and have and show compassion, make the biggest impact. The best part about my job is knowing that when I walk out the door, I made a difference in someone's life, and that everyday I learn something new. You never quit learning as a nurse.
Pros
learning, compassion, teamwork
Cons
sometimes there's not enough time in your day
unorganized, small pharmacy, nice to a customer face then ugly behind their back
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79705September 20, 2016
The pharmacy tries to overcome corporations with their "down home" feel but they are really just very good con artists. The pharmacy is unorganized because they sell medical supplies along with their regular pharmacy supplies and medicine but it is not kept up. shelves are full of dust, floor isn't swept, expirations are not done regularly. The pharmacist are very picky with your personality, if one does not like you, you will not stay. The compounding is a disgrace to say the least, the technician does what he or she wants and how they want. Regulations are broke constantly, this is not only a tragic place to work but a dangerous place for your license. The ordering process is extremely unorganized. It is unnecessary how the process works, the owner of the pharmacy is foreign and has no idea how to run a well organized, healthy pharmacy.
Pros
hours
Cons
The people, environment, operation
Banner Boswell Medical Center
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 29, 2016
The unit I am part of specializes on joint replacements and is a great example of team work and communication between different health care teams to assure patient's success. In a typical day I take care of 4- 5 patients that are going to need physical therapy or are being admitted to a regular unit after their surgical procedure is done. PT is given in a class twice a day and my job is to maintain patient's pain control with opioids balancing pain with out affecting normal body functions. The hardest part of the job is caring for patients coming from PACU and discharging the patients that are ready to go home or are having health complications.
Pros
Team work environment
Cons
Busy unit
I enjoy the friendship we acquire during our complexity work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work is never the same i enjoy the changes and the challenges that comes with it. An as the challenges arrive i have learned to be flexible and assertive. These past experiences has made me very aware of my surroundings and a much better tech. This also includes management who listen and act on what you bring up as concerns as well as good reviews. Co-workers are great once you earn the respect of each other and are on the same page work can be a very pleasant place. The hardest part of my job is staying clam and making things keep flowing smooth. The most enjoyable part is knowing that your effort and skills ,with past an present experiences, come together and the patient benefits from all of it.
Pros
heather snakes
Cons
people who complain
Independent contractor
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  east bendJanuary 5, 2016
I had to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week because you never knew what kind of document needed to be transcribed quickly.

Also no benefits were being offered at the time.
Loved the atmosphere, very kind management!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
I love working here! Not only did the management treat you like family, they treated every patient like family as well. To me, coming in everyday to work felt like no work at all. I loved seeing children getting better and families lives improving!
Pros
Promotions, breaks, pay raises
Productive and friendly environment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work-productive, busy preparing hand-outs, and preparing for the day's lecture, sometimes, tutoring students not able to fully understand Medical Terminology.

I learned to adjust to different personalities.

Management treatment of employees was fair.

My co-workers were helpful whenever I needed assistance.

The hardest part of the job is when some hard-headed students did not comply with school policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when students appreciate my effort of teaching them and giving them the best of my knowledge and ability/skills.
Pros
Compensation was good.
Cons
some of the companies I worked at did not give health insurance benefits
Cubicle sitting all day with little management
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, VASeptember 4, 2016
I have alerts that need to be done and tasks that need to be accomplished each day for the healthcare of Veterans. My management really didn't seem like they cared about their employees or the job itself, as long as they looked good in the eyes of their leadership. The hardest part of my job is dealing with disgruntled Veterans who need their care immediately and are not willing to wait. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-worked and mostly having no micro-management.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch, stability, benefits
Cons
Management and lack of advancement opportunities