Medical Employee Reviews

Found 1,219 reviews matching the search
Unfriendly Environment
Single Bed Certification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 8, 2016
Very hostile workplace. They tell you one thing and mean another. The CEO is unaware that the infrastructure of this organization is damaged. No one tends to issues. Issues are often pushed aside and never solved. I noticed in the time that I was there, if you are confident and knowledgeable in your area, you a very much shamed and under appreciated. A lot of insecure people there. Low moral and no attempt, or plan to raise. Training is hideous. Most of the staff that are there are unqualified and easily threatened by those who are.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Staff, and Management
Cubicle sitting all day with little management
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, VASeptember 4, 2016
I have alerts that need to be done and tasks that need to be accomplished each day for the healthcare of Veterans. My management really didn't seem like they cared about their employees or the job itself, as long as they looked good in the eyes of their leadership. The hardest part of my job is dealing with disgruntled Veterans who need their care immediately and are not willing to wait. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-worked and mostly having no micro-management.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch, stability, benefits
Cons
Management and lack of advancement opportunities
Upper Management is awesome
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 12, 2016
I have only been with the company a short time, i was moved from department to department. I do much more work which i do not mind since i keep busy all day. The issue I'm having is that no raise was mentioned or given.. The company is not flexible with school schedules even having one leave or come in an hour early/later. Overall if your straight out of High school this would be the job for you.
Pros
Upper Management is awesome
Cons
All Female work Enviroment
Fun place to work
Unit clerk (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 14, 2017
Great place to work lots of fun.
Room for advancement.
Staff are team players.
Great training on the job.
Wonderful hours and competitive salary.
Nice hours.
Challenging work environment with good benefits
Legal Advocate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 29, 2016
This company provides a challenging work environment for its employees. Colleagues are engaged and knowledgeable about their fields. Working here has been a terrific experience and I would welcome the opportunity to work there again.
Pros
Good benefits, PTO time
Cons
Long hours, om-call time
Admin-medical (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 23, 2016
This is a very busy place. We were slammed most days and understaffed at times, when people would quit and go elsewhere. Of course it made the day go faster. I learned of different systems, working with several companies to make sure they were receiving great quality of service. Management was always changing and left a lot of the staff disoriented. With the ever other month changes it was hard to get used to management. The hardest part of my job was the continual lifting of boxes of files. The most enjoyable part of my job was data entry, analyzing problems and making a difference in our medical system.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no breaks
Good workplace, sometimes difficult enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 29, 2017
I work in an extremely high volume call center scheduling taxi cabs for NYS Medicaid enrollee's to get to and from their appointments. A typical day at work is taking call after call and entering information in a computer to get appointments scheduled. The work day is stressful but manageable due to very high call volume. I have learned a lot about responsibility and a lot about the Medicaid program for New York State. The hardest part of the job is working with no breaks on the phones for hours without a break. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am helping enrollee's get to medical appointments that are necessary to maintaining their health.
Pros
consistent working hours, overtime offered
Cons
short/sometimes no breaks, no benefits
I enjoy the friendship we acquire during our complexity work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work is never the same i enjoy the changes and the challenges that comes with it. An as the challenges arrive i have learned to be flexible and assertive. These past experiences has made me very aware of my surroundings and a much better tech. This also includes management who listen and act on what you bring up as concerns as well as good reviews. Co-workers are great once you earn the respect of each other and are on the same page work can be a very pleasant place. The hardest part of my job is staying clam and making things keep flowing smooth. The most enjoyable part is knowing that your effort and skills ,with past an present experiences, come together and the patient benefits from all of it.
Pros
heather snakes
Cons
people who complain
productive, healthy, and happy workplace
Healthcare Administration Intern (Current Employee) –  Huntington, VADecember 3, 2016
Coordinate data and work with physicians to develop patient clinic access.
•In association with focus of patient access to healthcare system, I have been involved in the following: data extraction, data representation, and data validation.
•Update data of clinic’s access plan on internal data base.
•Each week composed, update and draw historical data if needed to create PowerPoint slide deck regarding patient access data trends which is used by clinical managers to assess current processes and improvements needed and present to senior management.
•Work closely with clinical informatics nurse specialist to validate data before distribution to clinical staff. If discrepancies are detected, use analytic skills to uncover data integrity issue
Productive and friendly environment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work-productive, busy preparing hand-outs, and preparing for the day's lecture, sometimes, tutoring students not able to fully understand Medical Terminology.

I learned to adjust to different personalities.

Management treatment of employees was fair.

My co-workers were helpful whenever I needed assistance.

The hardest part of the job is when some hard-headed students did not comply with school policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when students appreciate my effort of teaching them and giving them the best of my knowledge and ability/skills.
Pros
Compensation was good.
Cons
some of the companies I worked at did not give health insurance benefits
Will work there again
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2016
Great sense of pride and responsibility. Learn many nursing and management skills. Great mentoring. They offer preceptorship programs and when ready you are able to explore and support other nursing units.
Pros
Great city. Staffing.
Cons
Long hours and short lunches
Great consultant, friendly and helpful
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Craig, ColoradoNovember 7, 2016
Bad first assignment. Poor living choices, low salary, not a good hospital or city to be placed in.
Hoping next assignment will be a huge improvement; if not, I will seek other companies to travel with.
I am an OR nurse, but have been expected to perform as a PACU AND PRE-OP nurse as well as OR.
I am expected to stay until the work is done, no matter how late and whether or not I am on call. I was promised an eight hour day 5 days/week.
The hospital has worked with me to be able to take care of my dog on long days and give me a day off here and there.
Poorly managed hospital/OR

I love my consultant at Medical Solutions, and I truly believe that this hospital just turned out to be a bad place to work for me. Unfortunately, it is my first assignment as a travel nurse, so I do not have a great impression of travel nursing. I had trouble getting an assignment in a city that I really wanted.
the patient and staff relationships are wonderful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 1, 2017
a typical work day starts with a team meeting, going over patient status and what can be done better in the future.
the work day goes smoothly for the most part, with only a few hiccups along the way. All of the employees have a good working relationship and work together very well. The hardest part of the job is handling situations with an unhappy patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a patient leave feeling better than when they came.
Pros
free lunch with other companies
benefits
Disappointing
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 11, 2016
No chance for growth; high expectations for below standard compensation; poor management; no regard for life outside of work (unreasonable requests and if unable to perform "unrequired tasks" according to job description, was a reflection upon your work performance); the co-workers are what made the work day enjoyable despite the typical workload
Pros
Unified employee morale; commaradie
Cons
Micro-managing; no responsibility taken by upper management
Negative management and morale
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 24, 2016
Negative management and morale in office setting, feel as though you may have to go home at any time because of money management. Lots of micro management by doctor.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, benefits, morale
Very Interesting and Productive Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIJanuary 16, 2017
My day started with preparing breakfast, light housekeeping, laundry, also reminding of medication. I also transported patients from their homes to doctors appointments, also grocery shopping, and any other transportation needs. The management team was okay. My coworkers were awesome. The hardest part of my job was leaving my clients. The most enjoyable part was seeing their bright smiles everyday.
Pros
Making my clients happy.
Cons
Leaving the company.
Fast paced clinic with 3 medical doctors and 2 nurse practitioners
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, ARApril 6, 2016
I work 8-5 taking care of all medical record needs and requests. I work in our electronic medical record all day and have become knowledgeable with Athena. There are 7 other women in the office and we all help each other with different tasks. The hardest part of my job is being the only one that takes care of medical records. I do enjoy it though. I went to college for health information management and I get to utilize things I learned while in school. This is a great company to work for. I am looking for more compensation and advancement in the field.
My job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 14, 2016
Front desk receptionist:
Greeting patients upon arrival having them sign in, making copies of their insurance cards and ID then update their information, then pulling their chart for the nurse to call back for the doctor. Answered phones, scheduled patients, filed, faxed....prepared for next day

Coworkers were nice and helpful

Nothing hard about this job, loved it but needed to improve my pay rate so looked for advancement in other areas of employment.

Most enjoyable part of this job was greeting the patients even though they were sick, I loved to make them smile...love people
Pros
Patients
Cons
Lots of work and little management assistance,
Nurse ON Call (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Lots of work with little pay. Promises made about raises don't happen, lots of favoritism. Enjoy most of co-workers lots of turn over and fast training on new ideas.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
money
Great place to grow
Field Specimen Technician (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJDecember 23, 2016
Great company to work for, excellent leadership and growth potential for early career professionals. I enjoyed my time there greatly. I consider them a great opportunity.
Pros
flexible schedule, fair pay, good leadership
Cons
lots of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

78%