Medical Employee Reviews

Found 1,127 reviews matching the search
Great Job
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 26, 2016
My typical day ranges from scheduling to pre-certification to registration for 30-100 patients. I love working with patients and assisting in their care. I am willing to leave do to a situation with a coworker.
Cons
coworkers
fine
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2016
ok
• Provided clinical patient care to all assigned patients.
• Maintained specified certifications and annual program requirements.
• Completed necessary orientation program as coordinated by Nursing Education.
• Managed to comply with all institutional regulations.
• Notified the unit or care center office of any changes in contact information.
• Ensured to participate in all training classes offered by Nursing Education
• Answering heavy phone lines in the call center /front desk
• Handling outbound and inbound calls from external and internal customers
• Completing call reports and logs, and researching billing issues.
• Handle patients scheduling and confirm appointments.
• Updated patient’s demographics, insurance information.
• Assisting in Bi-lingual patients translations
Pros
short tern
Cons
Short term
Like feeling unsupported?
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeSeptember 21, 2016
MCW preaches their dedication to their employees, but I never got that sense. I was caught between having three leaders, and most times I needed an answer, it was either not answered or tossed between the three leaders. I was specifically reprimanded for not communicating well enough, but when I needed something, I never felt supported. It was an awful environment for me, and those who like to feel supported by their leader probably wouldn't enjoy it either.
Enjoyed the patients and my co-workers
Med/Surg Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, WASeptember 20, 2016
Direct patient care. Admitting and discharge
Care plans.
Administer PO,IM and IM medication.
My coworkers were the best. I still keep in touch with them.
Pros
Good health benifits
Cons
Poor staffing at times
unorganized, small pharmacy, nice to a customer face then ugly behind their back
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79705September 20, 2016
The pharmacy tries to overcome corporations with their "down home" feel but they are really just very good con artists. The pharmacy is unorganized because they sell medical supplies along with their regular pharmacy supplies and medicine but it is not kept up. shelves are full of dust, floor isn't swept, expirations are not done regularly. The pharmacist are very picky with your personality, if one does not like you, you will not stay. The compounding is a disgrace to say the least, the technician does what he or she wants and how they want. Regulations are broke constantly, this is not only a tragic place to work but a dangerous place for your license. The ordering process is extremely unorganized. It is unnecessary how the process works, the owner of the pharmacy is foreign and has no idea how to run a well organized, healthy pharmacy.
Pros
hours
Cons
The people, environment, operation
productive
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2016
came in did all my approvals called patients for the next day pulled charts verified their insurance working for them was alot of fun i learned alot of new things
Good working environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 18, 2016
I was a former Medical Assistant employee of MCC I was working as a full time float. Internal medicine was one of my favorite ideal working environment. All doctors were nice, the supervisor and the manager were very professionals. Actually most of them managers in MCC are professionals and not a racist compared to Baptist.
Upper Management is awesome
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 12, 2016
I have only been with the company a short time, i was moved from department to department. I do much more work which i do not mind since i keep busy all day. The issue I'm having is that no raise was mentioned or given.. The company is not flexible with school schedules even having one leave or come in an hour early/later. Overall if your straight out of High school this would be the job for you.
Pros
Upper Management is awesome
Cons
All Female work Enviroment
Love the residents
Administrative Assistant, Social Service Director (Former Employee) –  Cushing, OKSeptember 11, 2016
I loved working with the residents. They were the best part of my day. Management did not provide the training to perform the job adequately. Management made you feel like you were incompetent.
Ten years in the Medical Business office
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 11, 2016
I have learned a great deal of information on how the business office operates, it is fast paced and always changing. I enjoy the multi tasking aspect of this type of work.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
I would like to expand my experiences
Lots of work and little management assistance,
Nurse ON Call (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Lots of work with little pay. Promises made about raises don't happen, lots of favoritism. Enjoy most of co-workers lots of turn over and fast training on new ideas.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
money
learned alot
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 8, 2016
every day I send out outgoing referrals and put in the appointments as they come back. I answer the phone, make appointments for our office. I also schedule procedures for our office at other facilities. I send out medical records as well. I enjoy my co-workers and getting to know our patients
Pros
I enjoy the referral desk/medical record desk
No comment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaSeptember 7, 2016
Need a good attitude and to stay positive.To do what you can do as far as helping out for the clients. You need your own transportation. Very hard working can be very fast pace . Some interesting work as well as cliients. Need a caring mind and want to give 100 percent at all times.
Pros
No comment
Cons
Good place to start for nursing
Cubicle sitting all day with little management
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, VASeptember 4, 2016
I have alerts that need to be done and tasks that need to be accomplished each day for the healthcare of Veterans. My management really didn't seem like they cared about their employees or the job itself, as long as they looked good in the eyes of their leadership. The hardest part of my job is dealing with disgruntled Veterans who need their care immediately and are not willing to wait. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-worked and mostly having no micro-management.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch, stability, benefits
Cons
Management and lack of advancement opportunities
Good Employer
Diabetes Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXSeptember 3, 2016
A typical day at work involved multiple phone contacts with patients, insurance verification of benefits and contact with physicians. Scheduling patients for group or individual education, Performing assessments, plans of care, implementation and evaluation and follow up of care recommendations and education results. Supervising dietitian employees and communicating with them regarding patient progress.
Providing education to inpatients who were newly diagnosed
or who had lost control of disease. Assisting patients with resources for education, medication , glucose testing supplies and follow-up evaluation of progress.Informing new employees regarding consulting Diabetes Education and management and communicating with physicians regarding recommendations for treatment.

What I learned - patients come to us with multiple health issues, socio economic issues, family and personal issues that need to be considered when interacting with the patient and the staff. It is necessary to teach your employees to respect each patient and their individual personalities and problems.

Management- Management style s are very different.

Co-Workers - Provide respect, teaching, and provide them with opportunities to excel and do their best.

The hardest part of the job - Dealing with financial issues and finding alternatives for patients. It is also hard to experience support with local management, however lacking support of corporate management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that comes when a patient makes a lifestyle change that can better their health
  more... and their lives. I also did pregnancy management for patients with diabetes and a healthy outcome for baby and mother was always a joy. Being with the mothers and supporting them in follow up visits after initial education was also rewarding.  less
Pros
Support of administration with community projects.
Cons
N/A
Fun work place
Nurse Finders (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 1, 2016
Love working for this company they always have work on desk plus you get to travel all over DMV area at different Hospital / Physicians office, Urgent Care.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Healthcare
my job
n/a (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 31, 2016
is to come to work to get everything we mite need to work with like paper work,callings about the next apportionment ready and more
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
healthcare short brakes
Banner Boswell Medical Center
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 29, 2016
The unit I am part of specializes on joint replacements and is a great example of team work and communication between different health care teams to assure patient's success. In a typical day I take care of 4- 5 patients that are going to need physical therapy or are being admitted to a regular unit after their surgical procedure is done. PT is given in a class twice a day and my job is to maintain patient's pain control with opioids balancing pain with out affecting normal body functions. The hardest part of the job is caring for patients coming from PACU and discharging the patients that are ready to go home or are having health complications.
Pros
Team work environment
Cons
Busy unit
Hostile envioronment-workplace
Breast Imaging Specialist / Dipa H. Patel, M.D (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 29, 2016
Hostile envioronment-workplace. Doctor calls staff and patients stupid, ask staff to do things that will upset the other staff (add patients in) when asked why schedule is packed by other staff, does not own up to it (does not say I asked patient to be added) Lies about the billing.

Some odd reason I cannot decrease the stars. I rate this a one star.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Hostile envioronment-workplace
productive work place
Intake Processor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 25, 2016
I had a good time working there . sad it ended so shortly and I would love to go back if I was hired ... I had some nice co-workers