Experience Required Must have EKG interpretation experience, Paramedic experience, CCT or arrythmia training and CCT eligible.
Education Level Position requires high school diploma or GED.
Role Purpose / Position Overview
Candidates must possess a great work ethic and customer service skills. Must have EKG interpretation experience, Paramedic experience, CCT or arrythmia training and CCT eligible.
This position involves a high degree of responsibility and independence in the performance of duties in the Cardiac Monitoring Center.
- Triage and make decisions in the evaluation of electrocardiograms. Conduct phone communications with a variety of customers including direct phone contact communications with physicians, their staff, and patients with known or suspected cardiovascular disease.
- Performing accurate editing/review of Holter Scans and Event Monitoring as per the Holter Monitoring and Cardiac Event Standards and conducting them in a timely manner.
- Communicating calmly and confidently with patients via telephone and making recommendations as per the care delivered to patients.
- Providing customer service support to a variety of customers including Hospital and Medical office personnel, physicians and patients.
- Providing customer technical support for:
- Patient Prep
- Patient Monitor Setup/Troubleshooting
- Post Procedure Operations
- Holter Monitor Problems
- Cardiac Event Monitor Problems
- Computer Problems
- Performing basic computer troubleshooting.
- Performing CMC computer operations including Mirroring processes and Electronic Board prioritization of patient Holter records.
- Assisting in training/orientation of incoming AMTs.
- Participation in quality assurance and continuing education activities
- Performing responsibilities as needed for the day to day running of the Cardiac Monitoring Center.
- All other duties as required.
- Candidates must be 18 or older to apply. Position requires high school diploma or GED.
- 2. Employees must pass CCT Certification within first 90 days of employment. Company has study and training manuals for employee use, and will pay for the exam.
- Candidate must possess medical background including interpretation of 12 lead EKG. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, cardiac medicine and stress testing is very helpful.
- Candidates must have strong customer service and clinical skills, with excellent communication in the English language. Conversational Spanish is a plus.
- Candidates must have a general knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and basic computer skills. Must also have have the ability to quickly learn software specific to Medicomp, Inc.
- Candidates must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Position requires ability to report to assigned shift as scheduled.
- Position requires the ability to deal with difficult personalities and the ability to resolve customer problems.
- Position requires candidates to maintain a high level of confidentiality and comply with HIPAA guidelines and requirements.
- United Therapeutics Corporation is a publicly traded biotech company headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland. We are incorporated in Delaware and listed on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol “UTHR”.This position is located at our new call center in Silver Spring, MD. For more information, please visit our website: www.medicompinc.com