Medieval Times Employee Reviews

Wonderful Company
Photo Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
This is the best company I have ever had the opportunity to work for, however you don't have much of a personal life if you work management.
High energy pace and exciting to work
Sr. Knight (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NjJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Get to Ride Horse and perform for a live audience
Cons: Work a lot of hours
Typical day is once I get dressed in my gear which consists of riding boot, chaps and spurs, I then practice the fights I will be performing in the show. After that we all get ready for the show warming our horses up and put the customs on of which colored knight I will be. Then for 2 hrs we perform the show to a sold out 360 degree arena we I and my fell knight perform games on horse back, joust on horse back, do choreographed falls of the horses and act out the staged fights. Once the show is over all cast members in the show go out to sign autographs, take pictures and mingle with the audience.
great place to work
knight (Current Employee), Hanover, MDMay 3, 2015
Pros: perform in front of a thousend people
Cons: work every holiday
a very fast paced work enviroment get to learn about horses and how to take care of them the manegment is very good and people very happy to go to work and most people that work there have been there for years.
Very fast pace and great people and management.
SERVER, MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 24, 2015
Great job to have especially as a college student. The hours are great usually from 4pm-9pm. You then have the rest of the night to do whatever you please.
Great Co-workers, Great atmosphere.
Cashier (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: two 10 minute breaks, awesome staff.
Cons: Favoritism.
Working at Medieval Times was a great experience. I loved being around people all day. I consider my self a people person. I enjoyed being in character.
great company
Head Squire- High (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
if you put in the work they will reward you. everyone starts at the bottom. now that being said it is hard work. stacking and sorting and un-stacking and sorting and delivering and sorting.
Productive and fun workplace with costumes
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free tickets
Cons: short breaks
A day at work was fun and always surprising.
I learned how to sell and print tickets and other merchandise.
My co-workers were fun and energetic.
The hardest part was trying to carry all of the tills from some of the registers.
The part I most enjoyed was helping other department when they needed the help
Serving at Medieval
Server (Former Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks, shows are back to back, heavy food and drinks
A typical day at medieval is not a normal day because you have to get into character. The job is so much fun but can be a little challenging. You have to build muscle in order to carry the 30 half chickens that you are required to carry. The job is very fun and enjoyable!
Good learning experience for the real world
Bar Lead (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandJanuary 14, 2015
Medieval Times has taught me how the world works. I have been put through situations that have prepared me for future tasks in my field. I have learned how to deal with people and how to solve problems the professional way.
Awesome Job
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee), Buena Park, CADecember 8, 2014
Normally we would make sure that our work place up to code. When the customers come in we assist them in finding the proper gift to take home. During the show we would sell items that would enhance the show. Then we would come back, get our work areas in order and be ready to sell again once the show was over.
Over works and under pay
Stables Hand (Current Employee), Hanover, MDSeptember 2, 2014
Works 6 days a week with one day off, i take care of 20 miserable horses that dread being there which makes my life harder. Its under staffed and with all the work we do we only get just a bit over minimum wage. Even though you are in dangerous work environment the benefits are barely nun unless u like get free tickets for the show during your birthday.
Poor judgment, Racism, Prejudicy
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 2, 2014
Not a place of employment that I would recommend to anyone. My first day of training the new hires, including myself, we were taking our pictures for the job. Everyone had taken their picture and everything was fine. However, when it was my turn, I went and stood against the wall to take my picture and all of a sudden, I here someone saying "WAIT! WAIT!" and I looked only to see the director of the – more... Atlanta castle's call center running in with a piece of paper. (This room has cameras in it, which he was watching and ALWAYS monitors. So, he waited for me to take my picture). The paper he handed me was a blank form, and kind of confused due to not knowing what the paper was for, I flipped it over and it had numbers on the paper and under the numbers it said "ATL." The next thing he told me was mind boggling and very disrespectful; The DIRECTOR told me to turn left and pose for my mugshot. I was not allowed to take my picture without that paper. It was very rude and disrespectful and from that day it has gone downhill. – less
fun
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 19, 2014
Fun place to work got to dress up and make people smile. learned to juggle
One of the most exciting jobs I have had
Knight (Former Employee), Lyndhurst, NJJuly 24, 2014
Pros: working with horses
Cons: injuries
Training horses, learning equestrian routines, learning new fights for the show, swordwork and stunts. Going over equipment to make sure it was safe for the show.

How to work with a team in extreme conditions, horseback skills, stunts and sword work

Made sure you were well taken care of.

Made the greatest friends while working here

Injuries

Hearing the people chant for you and going home with great memories.
A sweet job they sucked the life out of
Knight II (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 16, 2014
Pros: youre a knight, the commraderie is wonderful.
Cons: no time for family or friends, no holidays, pay is bad.
This was my dream as a child, to be a knight. And I do love this job, however the cons sadly outweigh the pros.

After 2 promotions I make as much as my friend who nanny.
They schedule shows that require 4 hour "lunch breaks" which essentially wipes your day out.
It is incredibly hard to get a vacation.
Upper management is the epitome of nepotism.
Squires have no opportunity for a raise.
Benefits are very expensive and get cut and more costly each year.
There are shows scheduled on all holidays. Christmas eve and day.
The Christmas bonus was a backpack and a blanket... are they expecting us to be homeless?
Theatrical dinner show
Animal Trainer (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 15, 2014
Pros: fun, unique
Cons: management
I have been an animal trainer for this company for 7 years and enjoyed it thoroughly. A very different work experience for everyone involved, and very fun! There have been a lot of difficult managers, though, and they expect you to give up your whole life for the place and then can fire you at the drop of a hat. A great experience, but make sure you have a back up plan.
Fun workplace. Learned alot.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GaJune 1, 2014
Pros: ride horses
Cons: late nights
Typical day at work consisted of unloading frieght, shoveling sand, keeping area sanitized.
Very fun and unique
Knight (Former Employee), Hanover, MDApril 2, 2014
Pros: being in the show, learning experience, having fun
Cons: benefits, pay
If we didn't have a show we would train by practicing fight scenes or by taking care for and riding the horses. Hardest part of the job was learning how to ride a horse for the first time, and the most enjoyable part was that I learned how to ride a horse and was able to be part of the show.
friendly and fun very good for family with kids
Cashier (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 5, 2014
assisting customers with service getting them whatever they need.
Interesting place to work...
Assistant F&B Manager (Former Employee), TX/CAJanuary 27, 2014
Not much to be explained... If you work for them you love them. If you don't, you wonder what you were thinking during the entirety of your employment. As a whole they do not offer much for job security.