Medieval Times Employee Reviews

an awesome experience
Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 30, 2017
i absolutely adore the people i work with- theyre all fun, energetic, and we all get along very well. i typically work 15-30 hours a week. normally our day starts with counting drawers, setting up registers, having a team meeting and making sure things are displayed neatly. running back and forth and constant communication and talking is also a huge part of it. management is okay. i love my manager, but other managers are a little rude. every department is their own clique. hardest part of job was at the beginning when i had to memorize codes for everything, which isnt a requirement now. most enjoyable part is interacting with the guests and making sure everyone has a wonderful time.
Pros
good pay, awesome coworkers
Cons
short breaks, far away
Fun short-term job, awful long-term job
Server (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 27, 2017
They won't pay you well, management is lacking, corporate only thinks up ways to make more money rather than improve guest/employee experience.

Corporate says "add more shows to make money, but don't hire a lot of people, to save money" which means, you'll be stuck doing lots of work for very little pay. Everywhere you look, things could be improved, but thanks to bureaucratic gridlock between middle-management and corporate, nothing gets done.

They're trying to promote an anti-bullying educational matinee for school field trips during the day, already got plenty of negative feedback from both guests and employees.Does taking your 8th grade End-Of-The-Year field trip to a lame anti-bullying show sound like fun to you? I'd rather go to Liberty Science Center or The Smithsonian Institute - fun and educational. Medieval Times already had a fun and educational show about the Middle Ages that the kids and teachers loved and corporate yanked it. Not smart. Left this place for a job that at least has a few good minds working together at the corporate level.
Pros
Fun for the first few months, that's about it.
Cons
Family owned and operated, privately owned company, you do the math
A fun and exciting place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 11, 2017
Typical day would be making rounds for safety and repairs and assign to staff, do management duties includes but not limited to planning, budgeting, purchasing etc.
This is a place of entertainment, there was no easiest or hardest part of the job, it's neutral.
Great Management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 30, 2017
I have worked a lot of jobs where it wasn't the duties of the job that drove me away, but the lack of good management. At Medieval Times this is not an issue. Management was great to work with, they were supportive of their staff and always willing to help. I had to quit due to school schedules and the difficulty of the commute, but if the job was closer to home I would've called it ideal.
Productive fun place to work with wine cellar
Server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Responsibility is your number one priority working at Medieval Times the culture was very fast paced everything happens from moment to moment some shows are sold out which really gives you opportunity to capitalize on your skills
Flexible work schedules
Call Center Reservations Rep (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 23, 2017
Management is awesome! Work and school balance is great. Day off requests are usually made and they will do their best to accommodate your busy life/school schedule
Great atmosphere, fun times.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
I learned a lot about high-volume bar tending from working at Medieval times, as well as meeting lifelong friends. The food was amazing, as well. Would highly recommend.
Okay place to work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2016
I love working at the company because they are very flexible with school schedules if you are a college student, and have a reasonable pay. It is fun but can be very stressful when working at the call center. In my opinion it is too micro-managed, they stress when you are a minute late clocking in or from break, don't want you clocking in then going to put your lunch away or your coat up and some of the supervisors don't adequately deal with some of the problems we are facing during a specific call. Instead they brush it off and send it to the managers of the specific castles who almost never give the guest the call back. Then the guest has to call us back already more angry and upset than they were before the issue.
Also, it is not always reliable. Some representatives are sent home early or even taken off the schedule completely during slow seasons, so it is not a steady source of income. Some of the representatives also want benefits, but the company limits your hours to just enough so that you actually do not qualify to have benefits. For example, a new hire comes in, they are looking to have at least 30 hours to be considered "full-time", however management only schedules them 19-25 hours a week to avoid letting them have the average of 30 hours to qualify.
All in all though, good part time job for beginners.
Pros
Flexible, good pay if you are a high school or college student, benefits if you qualify for them
Cons
shortened breaks during busy season, micro-manage everything
Amazing company to work for
CERTIFIED FOOD SERVER (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 21, 2016
Medieval Times has been my family through all my 6 years with the company. I have met great people and gained a solid foundation on customer service and how to be exceptional at dealing with difficult situation as well. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see my guests leave with a great smile on their faces. If you are looking for a great place to start, Medieval Times is the way to go.
Very fun place to work
Server/ Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 21, 2016
Medieval Times was fun to work at, it was good exercise and entertaining. Management was so helpful. Co-workers were also helpful.
Fun
Lighting technician (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CANovember 17, 2016
Good show and fun team to work with. I have been working with the company for over 10 years. Typical day at work is to set up for the evening and matinee shows.
Management could use some work but the employees culture is great!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 11, 2016
The Managers are irresponsible but the employees are all incredibly friendly and there's a great team spirit.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly and angry guests who are not satisfied with their service. But the most enjoyable part of the job is when guests are thrilled about their service and the time spent with you.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Fun Environment, flexible schedule
Cons
Bad Managment
one of the best places I've been
Head Stablehand, Show Performer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 3, 2016
Working there was a lot of work but it was a fun and and exciting time to work there. Meet some of the best people there. Had fun doing promotional events there.
Great people
Guest Services/Server (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 13, 2016
Met great people during my time here. Management could be rough at times and not always ethical. Schedule was flexible and worked around my school schedule.
Fun & Excellent pay. Sinking ship with a lapse in ethics
Server (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 7, 2016
This is the perfect job for a college student or those trying to rack in some extra money. Otherwise, you're better off avoiding this place.
Work during every holiday!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 3, 2016
Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media. Use telephones to reach out to customers and verify account information. Greet customers warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling. Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges.
Enjoyable work experience
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 17, 2016
Helped meet the day's daily sales goals and accomplish the task management had for us. Helping customers to the best of my ability with what they needed.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Short shifts, seasonal job
fun job but it comes with sacrifice
Sound & Lighting (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJSeptember 2, 2016
It is a good job for when your going to school but not a career. Y ou can learn a lot of stuff that you could apply later on in life but you will sacrifice weekends and a lot of your own personal time .
Pros
free food, get to watch the show, interesting encounters
Cons
a lot of mismanagement, weird work hours, work weekends
Fast passed, fast cash, short hours
food server (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 20, 2016
For the most part I enjoyed working here. It did become stressful when there were tight turn overs but things always seemed to work out. Great way to earn some extra cash. The environment was a little crazy at times, hard to work in the dark and hear customers over loud music. Must be able to work holidays and weekends. There did seem to be some favoritism but all in all not a bad place to work for.
Productive, Great Atmosphere,
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 17, 2016
Great Company!!!! really an amazing workplace environment. management.. Learned a lot as my first bartending job i started as a regular peer moved my way up in less than three years. to upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medieval Times. Our community is ready to answer.