Medifast, Inc Employee Reviews

Do not work here!!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 9, 2016
I worked for the Coppell warehouse. The supervisor is so immature they go behind your back and talk bad things about how slow you work. They have no respect for your life outside of work, once you go in that building the only thing that matters is work so forget about your kids ,or anything else because you leave when they say so. They lie all the time about what time you will get out so don't make any plans EVER!! because even if you say you have to leave at a certain time they will tell you no. I can go on about this place all day but I will just leave this again WARNING do not apply here.
High call volume
Costumer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2016
I would take about 15-20 calls per hour, as well make outbound calls to our professional clients. I loved my Co-workers they made the job easy, we work well as a team , and even at times if needed may train or do a side by side if needed. the Hardest part of the job is getting off when its time to go home or even a break due to the high call volume. I love assisting our cliental weather they was Doctors to whom purchase whole sale, or a client who wants to lose weight, or better yet a health coach who needed assistance with understand the business and the weight loss program.
Pros
Assisting the client in making healthier decisions.
Cons
Not being able to grow within the company
Paid training, decent benefits, need better organization
E-Mail and Chat Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 13, 2016
Overall this a great job and I have very little to complain about. I wish the company listened more to what the reps on the phone suggested and were dealing with, but that's about it.
Pros
pto and benefits at starts
Cons
mandatory overtime
Not a bad place to work
CSR1 (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 29, 2016
Its not a bad place to work so long as you focus on the customers and not workplace drama. Ignoring the drama makes people angry but oh well. When there is not enough to do people look for drama to create to fill the time. So long as you steer clear of it and focus on your responsibilities thats all you need to worry about. Dont let other people make their problems your problems.

I highly advise that you truly focus all your energy and efforts into assisting customers and not the antics that will surround you. So long as you do that there is nothing to worry about really. Dont be roped in by people who want to play games with you. Nobody can play with you if you refuse to be a participant.

Chances are when people try to do those things it simply means they dont have enough to do during their work day. Keep your nose to the grindstone and do your best for the customers and you should be fine.
Pros
entry level pay is nice onsite gym free food
Cons
To many people are obsessed with drama so create some if it is not present
production picker
Picker (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 11, 2016
i picked our customer order online,we make sure we picked 60 in i hour.we make sure we got it right.putting your mine in doing what you have to do.we work gracefull make sure no stuff break or drop
office politics are awful
Client Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 3, 2016
Medifast has good benefits and the work can be very rewarding. However, there isn't much room for advancement and the management does not treat their employees well. A lot of office politics that will always leave the most vulnerable employees getting hit the hardest.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
awful management
Its okay. It get a B- in my opinion
CLIENT SOLUTIONS CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 15, 2016
Its okay. So people have been there for years. A lot of favoritism depend on if the managers like you. Policy's change ALL the time so you have to constantly keep up with emails and One note. Breaks should be an hour in my opinion. Lunch break is 30mins but by the time u log in and out of all 3 systems(5 mins each time) and walk to ur car (3 min each time) it gets delayed to 15 mins.. So you better pack your lunch. The actual job is easy. But don't let the clients get too upset or you'll get written up. Some coworkers smoke in the bathroom.
Pros
holidays off and great benefits, corporate events
Cons
short breaks, must work saturdays (no rotating scheduals), lack of communication from supervisors, policies constantly feel thrown together and change in an instant.
Call Center Reps are just another number on a spreadsheet..
CSR (Current Employee) –  Owings MillsOctober 24, 2015
CSR's are just another number on a spreadsheet.. Quick to hire and quick to fire. If you need something for a year or so while you go take classes at the university then this might be for you. But it's not for the long term. Expect at least one nasty, rude customer too ruin your day each morning and many of those calls are due to management mistakes. Increase profit for shareholders and lower customer service.
Pros
There is a gym.
Cons
You'll be hating your work life after 30 days, Most quit by the time they hit 90 days. Those are the smart ones.
Medifast
Vice President of Marketing - Product & Channel (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 20, 2015
A company that is multi-channel that has seen hyper-growth in the weight loss space over the last 10 years. However, the market is declining due to change in lifestyles, technology, and other offerings to help influence consumer behavior. With that said, Medifast is diligently working towards redefining the brand, product offerings, and go-to-market strategies. The pace is fast yet the culture allows for a balance personally and professionally. Exposure to the strategy is frequent along with discussions with C-suite to provide input and insights to better navigate the future.
Pros
Work / Life balance
Good for someone who wants to coast
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 4, 2015
Many jobs could be consolidated. There are many overqualified people for lower positions and higher positions are victim to nepotism. The benefits are great including a generous PTO program and an onsite gym, but the salaries tend to be in bottom 50%. Management lacks strategy execution skills. If you want to work 9-5 and be free to do whatever on the weekends then this is the place to work. If you are ambitious and want to make a difference, then this place is very frustrating.
Pros
Benefits; Work-life balance
Cons
Little career growth; Low salaries
Poor management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Owings MillsFebruary 2, 2014
Company has taken a 180 degree change from where they were when I was first hired. It used to be a fun, rewarding company, but since the change in CEO, (due to death) has spiraled downward. They are now run by a Donald Trump wannabe, and have become an international-business-seeking, cut-throat, uncaring company that cares ONLY about the family's stock value; little about the customer and zilch about their non-family employees. I recommend that they sell the company and retire to Florida, of course that is probably the family's plan as the president is constantly dumping 100's of thousands of dollars worth of shares.
Pros
Good product that actually works
Cons
NEPOTISM is rampant and results in total chaos with no direction.
Poorly managed company with no direction
In-House Marketing Weight-loss Company (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills MDDecember 23, 2013
Management was constantly changing direction and positions making it a very difficult company to work for as you never knew which way to go.

The only redeeming quality of this company is that the actual product did work and helped thousands of people lose weight. I started there when the company cared about it's customers, three years in the concern switched to the stock holders and making a huge profit. Later the focus switched to their pyramid scheme division, once again leaving the customer at the bottom.
Pros
Product really works
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 28, 2013
A typical day at work is to answer the phones in a professional manner. Listen to what members asked for. Place orders for the products they were requesting. Congratulating them on their resent weight loss. Promoting new weight loss products. Working with my co workers was always a plus. They were very helpful and informative. The hardest part of my job was to listen to a member not meet their goal in the weight loss or listening to a member when they had to give up. The most enjoyable part of working their was the fact that management played a big role in the company. They listen to their employees and also are eager to help when needed.
Pros
free product tasting
Cons
short lunches
Healthy Environment
Weight loss Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 26, 2013
If you are interested in helping those who want to improve your overall quality of life Medifast is for you. The benefits were great with the possibility of advancement. You could also participate is the weight loss program along with the clients. Counseling the clients and learning about lifestyles and eating habits was a joy. The Values of the company were honorable and sincere. Work life could overpower home life depending on how far away the center is from you home. The effective management of the store is dependent on location.
Pros
clients, diet
Fun place to work, great co workers, staff was not as good
Bilingual Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 26, 2012
Great compensation, great benefits, superb place to work, coworkers were excellent, management was not so great, always in your business, would call you drunk to your personal cell, would not speak to you about how you are doing, would only pay attention to you if you were doing bad.
Pros
superb coworkers, excellent benefits and pay
Cons
management or supervisors
Overall Medifast is a good place to work.
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAJuly 18, 2012
A typical day at work is based around sales and generation of leads. I have learned a great deal about nutrition. My manager and coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is seeing the disappointment in the eyes of someone who truly cannot afford the porgram. The most enjoyalbe part is selling.
Pros
benefits right away.
Cons
changing the commission structure two weeks into training.
Great clients and relationships
Weight Control Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Working one on one with my clients helping them achieve, transition and maintain their goals. Helping people is my favorite objective. My co workers are great and have good energy. The hardest part of the job was my manager's balance between professionalism and personal life. My favorite part of the job is helping clients and always having the highest month over month sales.
Narrow focus and unstable but good day to day work.
Senior Nutrition Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2013
I love working with our members and the freedom of the day to day work. Tedious paperwork and tracking. The company does not know what to invest in and I find trying to balance their sales focus with real counseling conflicting. Great co-workers, sub-par upper management.
Pros
freedom in day to day tasks, hour long breaks, great pto.
Cons
unstable company, unrealistic goals set.
Medifast was great however Medix now owns the company. Not good.
Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Medix recently purchased Medifast and benefits have changed drastically. Medifast had great benefits but did not learn a lot the 14 months I was there. No advancement. Taking care of the members and seeing them lose weight was the best part of my job!
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
No more excellent Benefits
Fun working environment where you can really feel part of a team
District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2015
It is a close niche group that really comes together to make every location as successful as possible. Work is divided evenly and everyone feels comfortable with their role. It is rewarding to change peoples lives and every staff member has the same focus in mind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medifast, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8