Medifast, Inc Employee Reviews

Good Company to Work For
Blender (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 4, 2017
My experience with MEDIFAST was one of learning; however, it was something that I could not see myself doing for the rest of my life. During my time with MEDIFAST, I was given the opportunity to obtain my "fork Lift" certification; and, that has been something that opened many other doors for me
Work people really hard
Director (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 6, 2017
They claim work life balance but at the end of the day, you have to get the job done no matter what. The company doesn't have a clear vision, they follow a flavor of the month approach and hope that something sticks. They put a lot of effort into sports nutrition only to abandon it before it started. They also recently doubled their product line which doubled all of their supply chain costs
Pros
DIscounted weight loss products
Cons
Stressful environment
Productive and Fun workplace
Developer (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 31, 2017
A fun, loving, family oriented place to work. There's never a dull day at Medifast! Always looking forward to coming into work! Once you get to know everyone, the place begins to grow on you!
Pros
Fun co-workers, breakfast Fridays, Dev lunch Fridays, flex hours, lax yet productive environment
Cons
Sometimes donuts appear from nowhere, it's a weakness
Medifast
Manager and Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 17, 2017
Medifast is a great company depending on where you are working and the family that you have. I would not recommend managing if you have small children.
Productive and used to be a great place to work, but the last year it has went down the drain.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ridgely, MDAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with the employees. the hardest part of the job was getting the employees to work with you and not against you. I learned a lot at medifast and hope to use my knowledge else where. A typical day at medifast is on Monday's you start at 6 am and work until you get 3000 orders done. Sometimes it was 3 or 4 and other times it was 5 or 6 pm so I would be there later. You would pick the orders and send them down the belt to go across the QC scale and than to the void fill area and sealer to the truck. There is to much favoritism going on in this company.
Productive Workplace
Blender/ Manufacturing Worker (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 2, 2017
I have moved up in this company fast by learning, listening and understanding different opportunities that are provided. I started the job as a Production worker and in 1 month I was transferred to a Blender worker with more duties and an increase in pay. In 2 Months I was officially certified on the Forklift after only training on the forklift constantly for 2 weeks. After that I was certified on the scissor lift on May of 2017.
Pros
Clean environment.
Cons
Not enough work.
Pretty good place over all
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 15, 2017
Hours are not too bad, pay is average, people are friendly, lots of cool incentives. Management is nice, they have open door policy, always open to suggestions.
Pros
incentives, free lunches on special occasions, friendly people
Cons
hardly get overtime
Corporate Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 1, 2017
Spacious break room
Nice bathroom
Nice organization
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2017
Very pleasant place to work. I loved being part of a health focused atmosphere. Clients were great. Coworkers were great. This was my first job after graduating college. It was competitive pay and good benefits. Great experience overall. I learned a lot.
Taking a leap of hope
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 29, 2017
My experience within my division sucked because the regional manager didn't like me due to the fact she didn't like the person that hired me! So she did anything she could to ruin me. After I received awesome training for the position of Center Manager, she told me that it wasn't correct. I went with her flow and then my clients called me with rude comments such as, "You have no idea what you are doing." I was so upset because I am great in all that I do. It's hard to be humble about such a statement when a regional manager does everything in her power to make me out to be something I am not. With that said, I resigned and then she got in trouble. After investigating her, she was fired. Lol! She taught me a lot though. Next time a job sounds or seems to good to be true, it usually is. The pay and commission was awesome. Hours were long but I loved the job once I got the true hang of it. I just hated that supervisor. I took a leap of hope when I resigned. I was hoping that Medifast would see her ignorant ways and major turnovers she was causing. They did!
Pros
Great Pay; Great Benefits; Wonderful center staff
Cons
Some management; Long hours
By far my favorite company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgely Park, MDApril 18, 2017
The company is great!
I love the company/ Awesome benefits.

I love the company's vision and mission.

Each day I come to work I know that I can make a difference in someone's life...

Upper Management is not very stable.
Pros
Free GYM, Free Food
Cons
Upper Management - not stable
Employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 30, 2017
Medifast used to be a great family owned company with a focus on employees. But they've forgotten that happy employees make happy customers. Unfortunately new management is more interested in the dollar than employees and customers.
Nice Enviornment
Client Solution Representative II (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 23, 2017
Small call center..set schedule..great benefits...discounts on products. very close relationship you will have with managers and people that are up in the company which lets you voice your opinion.
Pros
set schedule, good pay
Cons
no unscheduled pto available.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2017
very nice place to work, the customers were so nice and easy to satisfy. Flexible shifts and great benefits. No growth prospect which made it a bit hard.
Great office but tough schedule and low pay
Sales and Nutrition Professional (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2017
Medifast was a really great office environment, but the schedule was quite time consuming for the low pay. One day per week minimum the employees typically work a "split" shift. I found this to be quite challenging because I did not live near my office. So I would leave my house around 8:00AM and get home around 9:00PM sometimes, only being paid for about 6 or 7 hours in between those times.
The other difficulty I faced at medifast was that the clients are very depressed people. You can imagine counseling upwards of 20 overweight people per day who have a cloudy disposition and every excuse for why they hate exercise and how healthy foods don't taste good to them. It can be very frustrating.
At medifast I loved my boss and my coworkers! They made each day very fun and had I made more money I would have stayed working there.
Pros
nice office
Cons
split shifts, low pay.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 27, 2017
Great Diet company to work for by assisting customers that called in to place orders for Dietary products to help with their weight loss. Customer's also ordered their Dietary products on line. Medifast provided dietary products to assist with weight loss with Shakes, bars, foods such as chili.
Pros
Great company to assist with weight loss
Cons
Issues with some of the Management Staff
good and fun place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 17, 2017
would get in at work make a coffee sit down and start posting payables and receivables. made spreadsheets for them exedra. had a relatively great time working there.
Pros
had fun
Great Place to Learn alot
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 13, 2017
Medifast is a great place to learn a ton about business because of the size of the company. There is great room for growth. Everyone there is extremely nice, and the benefits are great.
production picker
Picker (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 11, 2016
i picked our customer order online,we make sure we picked 60 in i hour.we make sure we got it right.putting your mine in doing what you have to do.we work gracefull make sure no stuff break or drop
Do not work here!!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 9, 2016
I worked for the Coppell warehouse. The supervisor is so immature they go behind your back and talk bad things about how slow you work. They have no respect for your life outside of work, once you go in that building the only thing that matters is work so forget about your kids ,or anything else because you leave when they say so. They lie all the time about what time you will get out so don't make any plans EVER!! because even if you say you have to leave at a certain time they will tell you no. I can go on about this place all day but I will just leave this again WARNING do not apply here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medifast, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9