MediFit

MediFit Employer Reviews

Decent work place
Health Fitness Specialist Substitute (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great pople to work with and
Cons: short breaks & not so great start and end times
Great people to work with, but the start and end times are not the most ideal. Also trying to get a hold of people in the company can be a hassle. But it was a fun atmosphere that I was in and would love a full time spot there.
Great leadership
Program Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2014
Have enjoyed working here. The leadership is very invested, they have great continuing education allowances and very supportive.
Great management, culture and place to work
Business Development - Proposals (Current Employee), Remote EmployeeMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fitness is fun; innovative; progressive; growing
Cons: many locations - coordinating those can be a challenge at times
I’ve really been happy with this company. For the first time in my life, I feel valued for what I bring to the table. I was hired as a temp originally and then offered a permanent part-time role. After working in that position for a few months, I was promoted, given a raise (big!) and went fulltime.

The culture is great. They believe in creating change, constantly improving and that exercise is medicine. I have worked with many of the top field managers and I get the sense that these folks really love their jobs, fitness and creating something new and amazing for their clients.

If you are a hard worker, creative, passionate and a ‘glass half full’ type – you’ll love it. They value their people, want to hear your thoughts and are open to turning those suggestions into action.
Lack of future
Program manager (Current Employee), UtahOctober 25, 2013
Cons: everything is lacking
No outlook, no future, poor pay, no management support! You are unsupported and on an island ...you build the business up but lack of vision and leadership from the top means you can't succeed
HORRIBLE!!!
any employee (Former Employee), nycSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: nothing to speak of.
Cons: fair warning.
Don't waste your time, energy or money. Mgmt. bka...cronies is a joke! They're very good at lying.
Not worth the time
Substitute Health Fitness Specialist (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNJuly 30, 2013
Hired as a sub for full time employees. Manager didn't even offer opportunity to interview when a full time position became available. Received little to no training before being left to run the facility solo. Was not impressed with company in any way.
Don't Overlook the Reviews!
Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2013
Cons: retaliation, unprofessional, personal attacks, no standards
After being a top performer at 3 other companies, this is the only one that has ever told me I was the problem. That came after I complained about another employee who has worked for MediFit for 6+ yrs. Company only stands behind their favorite employees and reviews are based on opinions of other staff, not your ability to do the job. Directors do not provide needed support and do not give specific details needed for improvement. Corrective action plans and employee improvement plans are not the ways of this company. Instead, they will walk in and fire you and tell you that they are not confident you can improve based opinions, not facts. I have never been treated so unprofessionally or been attacked so much by upper management at any other organization. Don't waste your career with them- by far the worst company I've ever worked for.
By Far the WORST Company I Ever Worked For!
Program Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 13, 2013
Cons: bad management, low pay, low job satisfaction, no room for growth
Management is terrible. There is no loyalty to employees no matter how hard your work or how good your are at your job. The pay is extremely low and they nickle and dime you for everything. Your pay is not based on improvement or how much you do for the client; it's based on how much MediFit gets from your particular client site. I've been making just about the same about of money the last 10 years. The only thing they care about is how happy the client is with MediFit. The fact that the reason is you, is irrelevant.
Over worked & under paid
Sales rep (Current Employee), New jerseyJanuary 11, 2013
Low pay scale and poor management. They do very little to ensure employees are able to live a life like they are selling to clients. No time for a work life balance. The management style is built upon negative feedback only telling you what you do wrong and what else you could be doing, rarely stopping to simply say thank you. Expectations constantly change and you are only informed after the fact, when you have not met those new, untold additions. I don't recommend this position to anyone. High stress, high commitment, little reward and low pay.

This company is full of empty promise.
found site to be very user friendly
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), I worked in Midland Michigan for Dow ChemicalMarch 6, 2012
This is my first time using this web site. Medi-fit was a very good company to work with. I found them to be very fair, offered a lot of health programs to their employees and staff.
Medifit
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee)August 23, 2011
Pros: get to teach group fitness
Cons: poor management and poor pay
Medifit is a corporate fitness company that is contracted by big corporations. The pay is not very good and so one must assume they dont appreciate their employees. I have my masters degree and got paid $13/hr. The managers and regional managers dont have education related to exercise physiology and dont know anything therefore don't have any knowledge to pass on. Its unfortunate that big companies hire Medifit to run their fitness centers.