MediFit Employee Reviews

Overworked and underpaid
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2016
Medifit is an industry that will get the best bang for their buck despite the stress it puts on the employee. The company is filled with workers who have multiple job titles, not paid for each title, but works just as hard as someone doing one job. This is done to save money for the company, but burns the staff out really quickly. The HR department is not courteous and take long for any on-boarding or new hire processes. Overall, Medifit is nice if you are a director or Regional worker, but as a meager employee-you will not be well-taken care of.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Underpaid and overworked employees
Fun and great place to work
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 26, 2016
Great people, endless chances for growth. No one day is the same.

Always learning new things and acquiring new certifications
Fun workplace with good career development
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2016
Great access to free continuing education and awesome leadership staff for support and help with innovation and career development. Good PTO plan and Health Insurance available. Site was fun to work at and daily tasks and responsibilities are varied so it doesn't get boring.
JCCSF location
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2016
It's awesome working with kids. Many gaps and uncertainty within management. They care more about business aspects and less about staff. Very self directed. Required to close for PM shifts as well as open for AM shifts which can be exhausting. Underpaid and under appreciated. Hourly wage is Minimal with a chance of small raise yearly. Would not recommend this job.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Short Breaks, No Growth, Poor Communication, Poor people skills with management
Great Place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work is mixed with business and pleasure. While working you get to enjoy making relationships with all types of ages and backgrounds. There are reports to be done as well as paperwork to handle. Getting involved with promotion for events is enjoyable.

Management is nice, they are very relaxed as long as work is getting done. We laugh and play together. Seeing as it is a fitness center, if we have fitness challenges pretty much everyone gets involved and it gets competitive.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Not many food choices around the area
Unethical
Manager (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 29, 2015
The company directors are bad, completely self-serving and unethical. I've never been treated with so much disrespect, this company is beyond disappointing. Steer clear of Medifit, there are better options out there.
Safe job but that's about it
Housekeeping / Maintenance / Reception (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
There seems to be a lot of turnover in upper management (at least at the time that I was employed) and once your site was up and rolling, you barely heard a peep out of anybody outside of your general manager. I especially like how Paid Time Off is accrued; you don't have to trudge and schlep through the months just to get a solid week off at the end of the year. Time is accrued according to the number of hours actually worked so after working 7 days a week for about 8 months, I had well over 3 weeks of accrued time.
Member Services Associate
Member Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Scotch Plains, NJOctober 9, 2015
Interesting environment interacting with members and staff. Learning how to thrive with community center protocol. Management is ok but not the greatest. Hardest part of this job is sometimes interacting with management and the most enjoyable is interacting with community participants and family and co-workers,
Back Stabbing Mananegment
Yoga/Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 4, 2015
Unbelievably Unprofessional! When in with 20 years experience, treated like a washed out dirtbag. Even though I had the highest attendance of all classes.
Pros
Nissan
Cons
MediFit
Horrible Management
PM (Former Employee) –  New York and CTJuly 20, 2015
Absolutely no respect for employee's. No room for growth. Management is condescending and to be quite honest, just mean!!!
Pros
Free Fitness Center Access and interact with great company on site
Cons
Paperwork, cpmpensation not worth hassle
Great Place to Work
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 12, 2015
I love this company, everyone is very good at making sure you know and are comfortable with your job title and duties. I loved working with the children, they were a blast, and my coworkers were so friendly.
Lots of work but fun
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisJune 11, 2015
Lots of busy work in regards to paper work. Not a lot of support from upper management when needed dealing with liaison. Amazing members who were hard working and a lot of fun. Onsite staff was second to non in the company!
do not work for them
STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  wayne njApril 29, 2015
The site I interned at was awesome, my supervisor was a great guy. As for the company itself, management is inefficient, and probably stretched to thin. You do not receive proper compensation for your work, and education.
Pros
supervisor was nice
Cons
no pay, no job offer
love my work because every day is different
Shell Oil Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2015
I've learned to balance a large work load and manage myself more efficiently. It is easy to get overworked, so work life balance is important for everyday. A typical day is coordinating several projects and confirming details, setting up meetings with stakeholders and collecting and keeping data current with report outs.
Pros
healthcare, frequent breaks, self managed
Cons
low job security
MediFit gives you great hands on experience in fitness
Sr. Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 20, 2014
This job has different daily changes. Staff gives you room to create, develop, and change programs as needed to fit the customers' needs. This is a very physical demanding job but can offer high reward in not only the customer's but the employees healthy way of living.
Pros
flexible work schedule, hands on experience, healthy work environment, friendly coworkers, helpful management
Cons
policies constantly change, physically demanding
Decent work place
Health Fitness Specialist Substitute (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2014
Great people to work with, but the start and end times are not the most ideal. Also trying to get a hold of people in the company can be a hassle. But it was a fun atmosphere that I was in and would love a full time spot there.
Pros
great pople to work with and
Cons
short breaks & not so great start and end times
Great leadership
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2014
Have enjoyed working here. The leadership is very invested, they have great continuing education allowances and very supportive.
Great management, culture and place to work
Business Development - Proposals (Current Employee) –  Remote EmployeeMarch 10, 2014
I’ve really been happy with this company. For the first time in my life, I feel valued for what I bring to the table. I was hired as a temp originally and then offered a permanent part-time role. After working in that position for a few months, I was promoted, given a raise (big!) and went fulltime.

The culture is great. They believe in creating change, constantly improving and that exercise is medicine. I have worked with many of the top field managers and I get the sense that these folks really love their jobs, fitness and creating something new and amazing for their clients.

If you are a hard worker, creative, passionate and a ‘glass half full’ type – you’ll love it. They value their people, want to hear your thoughts and are open to turning those suggestions into action.
Pros
fitness is fun; innovative; progressive; growing
Cons
many locations - coordinating those can be a challenge at times
Lack of future
Program manager (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 25, 2013
No outlook, no future, poor pay, no management support! You are unsupported and on an island ...you build the business up but lack of vision and leadership from the top means you can't succeed
Cons
everything is lacking
Horrible!!!
any employee (Former Employee) –  nycSeptember 7, 2013
Don't waste your time, energy or money. Mgmt. bka...cronies is a joke! They're very good at lying.
Pros
nothing to speak of.
Cons
fair warning.

2.6