MedImmune Employee Reviews in United States

Productive environment and flexible work hours
Clinical Resource Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 21, 2016
Focus on staff development and work life balance. People are generally collaborative and hard working. Management tries to provide opportunities to grow their staff.
Pros
Flexi hours and good benefits
Cons
Frequent Business changes
Great Employees but horrible management
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 15, 2016
It started off as a great place to work but over the course of time they began to use the employees to clean up their mistakes or to do projects they do not desire to do. They began to treat contractors like a number that is replaceable without warning if you did not do the extra work they assign. They want to cross train you for other programs but do not want to compensate and they want you to complete tasks that are on a management level but will not give you credit for it. Management only wants to use you until you are no longer of use to them then they make up reasons to fire you (Quality, dress code, etc). This program has a lot of politics and favoritism.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Management doesn't like feedback
Work Review Access 360 An AstraZeneca Program
Patient Access Specialist, Access (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 11, 2016
The managers have their favorites and if you are not one of them, then your chance for a promotion is zero to none. Too much politics and they don't hide it at all.
Pros
A360 is part of AstraZeneca
Cons
No opportunity for growth
A good place to explore and get exposure to the biotech industry
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy involving a lot interaction with different departments in order to get the job done and meet timelines.

I've learned that the industry is very fast pace and I have learned to better adapt to change because of this opportunity.

Management is communicative and wants to address & solve the real issues behind delayed timelines.

My coworkers are hard workers and we work together as a team.

The hardest part about my job is keeping up with the workload and the shifting priorities.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility I have to attend the gym on site as well as the health benefits.
Pros
Overall good managers to work with and good benefits
Cons
Constant system changes and the addition of work without additional resources
Great Company to Work for
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 5, 2016
This company is a great place to work. Plenty opportunity to move around the company. Great people to work with. The company does work you long hours but compensate you for the hard work.
Former site
Scientist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 29, 2016
former site (now closed) was fun to work at with friendly coworkers, interesting work, and fun social events. Small size of site made for easy communication between coworkers
Great Place to Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 8, 2016
Great company, great people, wonderful products
The company really cares about the best interest of customers
The management is very fair and thoughtful
Great Place To Work
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 5, 2016
Great place to work. Warm and friendly environment, highly talented staff, many perks and alot of room to grow within the company
Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 29, 2016
I am working on contract through Lab Support. Great management, and ability to work independently in a GMP laboratory setting.
Good pay and benefits, however, growth depends on your group
Associate Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work is hard to define because schedules are constantly changing.

The organization favors managers, feedback is not equally considered at lower level, so I learned to be extra careful about who I trusted.

Relationship with co-workers dependent on which group you are in due to politics and job security concerns.

Hardest part of the job is keeping high performance when organizational factors apply sporadic resistance.

The most enjoyable part of my job was focusing on the positive, such as lessons learned, accomplishments, and connections I made with collaborative people.
Pros
Good pay & benefits compared with other pharmaceutical companies
Cons
Typically top down managed, growth depends on which group you are in, and too many politics (makes company less effective and efficient).
Fun Place for an Internship
Bioprocess Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 24, 2016
Interning at MedImmune was a great experience and really allowed me to gain insight into what it was like working in industry. You get to meet a lot of great people, tour the facilities, and are given projects that make you feel like you are actually helping to make a difference to the processes.
Usually great work/life balance
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 9, 2016
For the most part, I have enjoyed working here and most of the people are great. Communication from some mangers is little to non-existent.
Good Place to work
Manufacturing Operator III (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2016
My time working for AstraZeneca is enjoyable and the people are very easy going and dedicated to working in a aceptic environment to always put the patients health first.
Pros
Always room for advancement
Cons
Not always reconized for the work that an operator is doing.
Great workplace
Pathology Intern (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 5, 2016
Highly recommended workplace with a great environment. They truly care about their employees and seem to go out of their way to make it a great place to work
Productive and the company provides a gym for the employees
Distribution Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 17, 2015
Fun work place to work with a very good environment. A great opportunity to advance in your professional career "learning on your own" Fantastic opportunity to learn a new system every year
The environment is a highly demand and multitask job to accomplish.
Pros
Free Happy hour every Friday
Cons
Health plan changed
Medimmune was decent
Cisco TMS Administrator / Technician (Former Employee) –  1 medimmune way gaithersburg mdAugust 13, 2015
good place to work, people are nice. the salary is good, and it is an easy commute for most people, I enjoyed working there.
Pros
free food all the time
Research & Development Associate II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 4, 2015
I have enjoyed most of my time at MedImmune. Like most biotech companies the work is fast paced and intense, but they do understand the need for balance in life.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
intense, fast paced and high pressure
Nice place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 14, 2015
I have great co-workers and enjoy working in my environment. Can't speak for everyone, but I have a great work/life balance. There is a lot of politics in the company, and to many people that are willing to say yes to every request and then expect others to do the job.
Pros
People, happy hours, flexibility work schedule, fitness center
Cons
too much politics in the workplace, salary could be better
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2015
My typical day work would start with good morning to everyone I come in contact with. I learned that everyone deserve to be treated with respect. Management has an open door policy which I think its a very great way to keep the communication going. I understand that your co-workers are just that co-workers, you give the same respect that you would like. The hardest part is when the machines break down and we can not move the product out the door. The most enjoy part is when get the product out the door with out and mistakes. It feels great that I just participate in helping someone get there medicine.
Productive fun place to work with pin pong tables
R&D Lab Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 19, 2015
 Coordinate with R&D scientist, Facilities, and external vendors on the assignment of lab equipment placement space, replacement of old equipment and setup of new equipment
 Troubleshoot, coordinate moves and repairs of equipment and give input on site-specific issues affecting the labs
 Connect internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations, scheduling, or specific phases of projects or contracts
 Coordinate with Facilities and the R&D scientist on the scheduling of electrical and water shutdowns to mitigate the impact to the labs
 Monitor and lead my team’s efforts with Capital Equipment Requisitions (CER) workflows and approvals as well as process improvements
 Operational excellent in LEAN and Six Sigma as well as Yellow Belt trained
 Planned, scheduled, organized, and executed movement of 9 labs within 3 departments for department restructuring
 Oversee the maintenance of operations for all Gaithersburg R&D laboratories and associated spaces
 Lead a team of subordinates that provides Lab Operations Support for the R&D scientists
 Create and manage good working relationships with internal departments, contractors, suppliers, and inspectors
 Function as an advisor / liaison to interdepartmental units regarding tasks, projects, and operations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedImmune. Our community is ready to answer.