MedImmune Employee Reviews

Medimmune is a fun and rewarding place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 15, 2017
Medimmune provides a stress free environment to work
Management at Medimmune fair and unbiased
It's fun and rewarding to work at Medimmune
Work life balance is the best one can get
The most enjoyable part of the job is the scientific knowledge.
Pros
Medimmune has a great number of smart scientists who have the talent to deliver
Cons
none so far
great people
Regional Account Manager, Public Health (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 10, 2017
Great people but horrible leadership and direction from executive management. AstraZeneca purchase and moving Medimmune commercial sales group to the Respiratory franchise was a mistake.
Pros
good produts
Cons
bad leadership and direction
Infrastructure Supervisor
Maintenance Supervisor -- Facilities Department (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 2, 2017
Directly responsible for facility operations in the absents of the Facility Manager. Supervise in-house Facilities staff of 8 people. Wrote Standard Operating Procedures and equipment specifications. For a 40,000 square foot state of the art facility.
Instituted and managed facilities department training program. Maintained the budget and spreadsheets for the Facilities Department. Negotiated and Instituted all outside contracts on equipment. Managed all outside contractors and in-house resident contractors.
Preventative Maintenance Manager for facility using MAXIMO preventative maintenance software. Maintained inventory control of all spare parts and tools using MAXIMO.
Productive and fun place
Manufacturing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 28, 2017
Mediimune is a Productive and fun place. decent pay great It has nice workplace culture, great management location nice coworkers
Exciting place to work
Medical Device Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 24, 2017
Great people. Fun, exciting, and challenging work. Excellent benefits. Good leadership. OK opportunities to move up within organization.
Inventory Control Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 13, 2017
I was able to grow with this company for many years. I have learned more working for Medimmune then all my years in college and any other jobs. I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Big Pharma aspirations but lacks means to accomplish goals
Institutional account manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2016
This company has no structured career ladder for promotion.
Management changes like the wind and new ideass are adopted but left behind quickly
Great Learning Environment
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 8, 2016
There are many opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. The company offers dynamic training programs as well as several company perks.
great place to work
Senior Director Medical Affairs, Gout (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2016
great science, great people, excellent management. Compliant, focused on doing the right thing for patients and key stake holders. Would highly recommend this company.
Great culture, science driven
Senior Scientist, ID/Vaccines Research (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 31, 2016
Open, biotech-like culture with resources of a big pharma. Casual atmosphere, relatively little beaurocracy. Very science-driven; lots of seminars, emphasis on publishing and exploratory research
Pros
High scientific quality
Cons
shrinking portfolio; new emphasis almost completely on immuno-oncology
MedImmune
Validation Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2016
I worked as a co-op at Medimmune, and was given a lot of training. Once I was ready, my team trusted me with many projects and let me take the lead on them. I learned a lot and it was a great experience.
Ambitious Company under new management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 29, 2016
AstraZeneca is a very ambitious company dedicated to innovative solutions which is both a positive and a negative. There are many teams developed to implement procedures that are never followed through due to project fatigue. The benefits are pretty top notch and if you provide adequate justification the company will encourage and invest in personnel development.
Overall AstraZeneca is a great company to work for, but there is no growth in the posistion I am currently in.
Pros
Encourages development and furthering education
Cons
Limited potential to advance
NOC Engineer -
Tier 2 NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 28, 2016
Environment is laid back, which has its pluses and minuses. Manager does not micro manage and you are left basically on your own to determine issues, however he was always available to assist if need be.
Pros
Relaxed environment, free beers every other week
Cons
As a contractor NO BENEFITS
Good benefit
Aerotek Contractor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 18, 2016
It is a big pharma. They offer good benefit package to employees. Lots of activities: trail, pingpong, etc. Management is ok.
Open Office Concept
Commercial Learning and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 14, 2016
Increases collaboration and eliminates lengthy meetings. More productive work environment.

Leadership and managing professionals has been the greatest accomplishment with MedImmune/AZ.

Developing professionals has been a great opportunity with the current leadership position I am in.

Enhanced and increased communication abilities with the current role.
Pros
Leadership and Development
Cons
Work, life, balance challenges
Project Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 11, 2016
Very busy company, not much down time. Challenging, learned to communicate with scientists, laboratory design, etc. The hardest part of my job was to meet the highest standards of any industry I've seen, but that was also the best part. Working for the leading R&D biopharmaceutical campus in the entire United States brought great challenges but great satisfaction, sense of progress and accomplishment.
Productive environment and flexible work hours
Clinical Resource Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 21, 2016
Focus on staff development and work life balance. People are generally collaborative and hard working. Management tries to provide opportunities to grow their staff.
Pros
Flexi hours and good benefits
Cons
Frequent Business changes
A decent way to earn a wage
Contracted through US. Tech Solutions (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 21, 2016
Overall it was a nice place to work, while the night shift life was certainly difficult, the pay was decent and and the coworkers were friendly people. I would work there again if given the chance.
Pros
Decent pay, straight forward work
Cons
Night shift is rough
Great Employees but horrible management
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 15, 2016
It started off as a great place to work but over the course of time they began to use the employees to clean up their mistakes or to do projects they do not desire to do. They began to treat contractors like a number that is replaceable without warning if you did not do the extra work they assign. They want to cross train you for other programs but do not want to compensate and they want you to complete tasks that are on a management level but will not give you credit for it. Management only wants to use you until you are no longer of use to them then they make up reasons to fire you (Quality, dress code, etc). This program has a lot of politics and favoritism.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Management doesn't like feedback
A good place to explore and get exposure to the biotech industry
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy involving a lot interaction with different departments in order to get the job done and meet timelines.

I've learned that the industry is very fast pace and I have learned to better adapt to change because of this opportunity.

Management is communicative and wants to address & solve the real issues behind delayed timelines.

My coworkers are hard workers and we work together as a team.

The hardest part about my job is keeping up with the workload and the shifting priorities.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility I have to attend the gym on site as well as the health benefits.
Pros
Overall good managers to work with and good benefits
Cons
Constant system changes and the addition of work without additional resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedImmune. Our community is ready to answer.